• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 5 Most Hated Charectors to Go Against?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
My point is that :wario: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: deviate the furthest down from their positions on the actual tier list.

:luigi2: actually gets much more hate than his neighbors on the actual tier list. And :olimar: , while not deviating too far in overall position, receives enough hatred to make him the God tier of the hate list!

EDIT: I guess :yoshi2: and :sonic: are kinda up there compared to their tier position as well.
EDITEDIT: :dk2: is the only liked char who isn't a low tier

Aside from those characters, it seems like a character's position on the tier list correlates pretty closely with how much they are hated. This should definately be continued when more data is collected to see how that holds up

:denzel:

Roller

Smash Legend
The problem is all the confounding variables. I could do this the proper way and eliminate virtually all of them, and get results that could actually be used to determine definitive and useful data, seeing as I've taken years of classes on just that. I'm fairly certain I'm more well trained to run those types of studies than the people who have been performing them for the smash community in the past. But that would take a hell of a lot of time, effort, and community outreach. Not to mention my loss of credibility as a troll. And without fiscal compensation...

I'd rather just spend my time getting better at this game and giving people a reason to bump ICs to #1, (Which they very well could be now if the confounding variables were eliminated.) or at the very least making fun of Georgia...

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
Roller:
But that would take a hell of a lot of time, effort, and community outreach. Not to mention my loss of credibility as a troll. And without fiscal compensation...
WTF?!?!?! LOL LOL LOL! (Gotta give ya credit for that line~)
Also this seems to be turning into an MI thread, predominantly :awesome: MI TROLLERS CONGREGATE :0 :troll:

and about
Samus is more hated than Zero Suit Samus
Probably has something to do with Samus = projectile & zair spam, ZSS = fan service -_- That's my best guess ...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
here's my hate list

1. :popo: grab=stock=lame
2. :snake: why won't you die?!
3. :mario2: **** cape shenanigans
4. :olimar: cuz he is a troll character
5. :wario: super armor on like, everything

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Also also, I find it funny that one of the very few characters you can really play offensively, Peach, is on many of the same lists as the supercampers™. Honestly if I cared enough about vBrawl I'd probably use her because she's the only character who doesn't constantly have to play Super Footsie Brothers.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
1. Fox - Laser Spam USmash or Utilt, dair followed by a SideB Away Repeat
2. Falco - Laser Spam SideB Repeat until high percentage
3. Pit - Arrow Spam... Priority like MK... Reflectors
4. Lucario - I main Sonic -___-
5. Toonlink - UGH!!!!! Longest matches EVER!!!

:sonic:

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
1. :dedede: This morbidly obese ****** is the main reason why all of my really good MU's are never used by anyone ever except that one guy who's really good with them and who I can't beat anyway. He's also notorious for being my worst MU.

2. :marth: The only balanced character in the game that's bad for Wario and Falco. Needless to say, he's a pain in the butthole.

3. :popo: I know Wario is good against them, but good IC's can get around it with no problem. I hate these ******s so much, they're ****ty characters in design and are only good because of a completely broken exploit that lets them 0 to death literally every character in the game but themselves, and that's some **** right there.

4. :diddy: Wario and Falco are neutral against this one, but he's still a mother******. Diddy is basically the IC's but with projectiles instead of a grab (inb4 someone gets out their defense attorney suitcase and points out all the differences between the two...or just goes "lol ur retarted").

5. :metaknight: The only character other than Marth who counters both of them. I put him at the bottom because 1. he's banned half the time and 2. he doesn't really have any properties that make him harder to fight for Wario and Falco specifically, he's just broken as ****.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You think you'd like getting 0 to deathed. It's an actual punishment for something instead of a single hit and reset back to neutral position. Like if you said you hate IC's because of desynched blizzard I could see your point. That **** is mad annoying.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
You think you'd like getting 0 to deathed. It's an actual punishment for something instead of a single hit and reset back to neutral position. Like if you said you hate IC's because of desynched blizzard I could see your point. That **** is mad annoying.
If I liked getting 0 to death'd, I'd be playing literally any fighter aside from Brawl, Melee, Street Fighter 4, and Skull Girls.

Samus is like a Toonlink & Falco combined... but Nowhere NEAR as bad
Actually she's much worse, depending on what you mean by "bad"

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
Good Toon's can be hell, with their projectile mix-up's and whatnot. Good Falco's are even worse, due to his dynamism as a character.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
Method:

-Responses in this thread used for subject pool.
-Reverse point scale (#1=5 points, #2=4, #3=3, #4=2, #5=1)
-If 2 characters were listed as tied, I gave each of them the value of one ranking below, and added .5 (or two values below and .333 if there were 3 tied; if 3 were tied for 5th, I still awarded .333 though)
-Took into account only top 5 listed characters for each player.
-If only 1 or 2 characters were listed, I granted that char the corresponding points for being a #1 or 2 pick, and awarded no other points.
-Troll posts involving characters not in Brawl were entirely excluded, (however one list of only pikmen colors counted as a #1 mention for olimar)
-I edited my ranking to be 5 characters instead of just peach, prior to analyzing data.

Results:

Character: # of Points (# of Mentions)

Olimar: 173 (46)
ICs: 107 (29)
MK: 97 (31)
Snake: 82 (21)
Falco: 73.5 (23)
Peach: 55 (17)
DDD: 54.5 (18)
Marth: 53.5 (16)
Diddy: 50 (17)
TL: 31.5 (13)
Luigi: 28 (9)
Pika: 26 (10)
Sonic: 22 (7)
Yoshi: 21 (6)
GW: 19 (9)
Fox: 16.5 (5)
Wario: 14 (7)
Kirby: 14 (4)
Jiggs: 13 (4)
Pit: 12.333 (7)
ROB: 10.5 (3)
Wolf: 10 (4)
Samus: 9.333 (5)
Lucario: 6.333 (5)
PT(Squirtle): 6 (4)
Mario: 4 (2)
Lucas: 4 (1)
Ike: 4 (1)
ZSS: 3 (3)
Ganon: 3 (2)
Sheik: 1 (1)

Interesting facts to note:

-31 total "hated" characters
-Ganon is more hated than Sheik
-Samus is more hated than Zero Suit Samus

Possible Confounding Variables:

-No standardized criteria for "hate"
-Regional bias not controlled for
-Bias based on main character not controlled for
-Player skill not controlled for
-Player duration of time in community not controlled for
-Player tournament experience not controlled for
-Player involvement in community not controlled for
-Relatively small subject pool

Given "Point" and "Mention" distribution I propose these results be broken into tiers:

:mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad: BRAWL HATE LIST :mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

F*** YOU: :olimar::popo:

D-Bag: :metaknight::snake:

Hated: :falco::peach::dedede::marth::diddy:

Dumb: :toonlink::luigi2::pikachu2::sonic::yoshi2:

Not a fan: :gw::fox:

Meh: :wario::kirby2::jigglypuff::pit::rob::wolf: :samus2: :lucario::squirtle:

Not so bad: :mario2::lucas::ike::zerosuitsamus::ganondorf: :sheik:

Liked (No Hate Mentions): :zelda::link2::falcon::ness2::bowser2::dk2:
Updated with info from newer submissions. Also moved a couple around so that characters with the same number of points are listed in order of number of submissions.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
wtf, don't try to update it after like 4 or 5 new submissions, especially when you don't know what you're doing. Like, ICs are clearly not god tier, and pretty much all the alterations you made to tier distribution are wrong.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Lets see here...

:snake: 4 frame f-tilt, gtfo outta here. Can punish lucario's everything with his anything. :I I'm one of the few people that still can't deal with this MU at all...

:metaknight: Shutterloop is dumb.

:toonlink: Not tough, just irritating. Trying to fight against his onslaught of projectiles can get repetitive.

:luigi: Just because I feel like an idiot anytime I get hit by a shoryuuken. :V

:wario: Floats like a leaf, and hits like a brick.

btw. Olimar and icys not mentioned since I play against a dude thats mains both regularly. I get use too it.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
wtf, don't try to update it after like 4 or 5 new submissions, especially when you don't know what you're doing. Like, ICs are clearly not god tier, and pretty much all the alterations you made to tier distribution are wrong.
IC's broke 100, so I put them there. I had to assume a number score per tier because there were no grouping criteria. To your accusation that it shouldn't be updated for every submission...why not? Why wait 5 pages to update when you can do it for every post? And, before you say it, I did it for the OP because it's been 3 days and I'm not sure if s/he's going to update.

EDIT: Here's what I've been going by:

F*** YOU = 100+

D-Bag (fun fact; the word "douche" isn't censored) = 99-75

Hated = 74-50

Dumb = 49-20

Not a fan = 19-15

Meh = 14-10

Not so bad = 9-1

Liked = 0

Roller

Smash Legend
You are doing it VERY wrong.

Using that criteria, it's only a matter of time/posts before every character reaches "**** YOU"

You have to go by percent differences. Olimar is so ****ing far ahead of everyone else by a mile and a half, that to put anyone near him is ridiculous.

Also, the difference between mk and ICs is still statistically insignificant, while the difference between snake & mk IS statistically significant. Why the **** does passing some arbitrary point number (using an even further arbitrary scale) matter? Your system is ridiculous and inaccurate. Please stop.

I'll update when I see fit to do so.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
Did not know that. To me, every IC MU is the same because they always do the same stuff (except for the whole "MK beats all" thing).

Mofo_Marth

Smash Rookie
1. :metaknight: No need to explain this one
2. :popo: My twin brother mains IC and he can chain almost perfectly.
3. :pikachu2: Only on Wi-Fi with my friend since its laggy and its hard the dodge his thunder. His D-Smash is annoying as well.
4. :sonic: Its not that he is hard or anything its just that I find him to be a pest.
5. :toonlink: Same as Sonic not hard but is a pest.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
1. :metaknight: No need to explain this one
2. :popo: My twin brother mains IC and he can chain almost perfectly.
3. :pikachu2: Only on Wi-Fi with my friend since its laggy and its hard the dodge his thunder. His D-Smash is annoying as well.
4. :sonic: Its not that he is hard or anything its just that I find him to be a pest.
5. :toonlink: Same as Sonic not hard but is a pest.
hold up to sdi pikachus dsmash

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
D-Smash is pretty terrible if your opponent can DI out.
Not really. It helps to relieve pressure and if you do it early and predict a roll/spotdodge/airdodge so that they only get hit by the 2nd half of the move, then it's much easier to hit with the last hit (the one with the high knockback)

zmx

Smash Lord
^Was going to say that but V115 beat me to it.

Also while you can SDI out of Dsmash you can't get out if it if you got caught late in the move.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Ed i will get you one day. lol I need to MM your zelda next time i see you. After seeing what you did to drew at Come to papa 1 also you should like this. I recorded something for you a few days ago. I bet you thought it slipped through the cracks. its like a lost gem check it out. Then post it EVERYWHERE.

ScaryLB59 :zelda: Vs 2djeff :popo: (1) (2) (3)

Good **** man
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also i feel like many people left out mk in there top 5 due to the ban. Some even admittedly so

Top Bottom