• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sails

Smash Ace
The last list to this day holds up in my eyes, with the only exception being Diddy above Snake. Matchups are where these should be mostly crafted, and taking tournament influence during a dying period of competitive play is a horrid idea.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
GOD I LOVE THIS TIER LIST.

......BBR next time in the future don't be shy putting snake in B-tier.......and diddy is not better than snake.......he's just more consistent.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure M2K called it. I mean olimar being top. I think he called it along time ago.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Everyone's citing Sonic's MLG results for his being above Donkey Kong, but I haven't heard anything at all about Sheilda making bank or impressive results, and she's back to being above him. Care to clarify, or have I just not been paying attention to Sheilda?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Nietono got this ;)

Lol at snake, mofo still has insane bs weight and ******** killing power. SUPAHHUMAN!
But yes, he's where he should be. Poor guy's losing it.

Lmaooo at DK whyyyy? So fun to play

Hmmm why pit rise?

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Diddy is definitely better than Snake, AND more consistent.
I feel diddy is a better character than Snake, but in terms of tournament success Snake has the edge :3

I'm glad Fox got a drop, especially below GaW, needs to be lower. Fox for low tier plz.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
Space between shielda and sheik, and link moving down a spot are both stupid

Yoshi above Ness, finally

DK is wayyyy too low

Top tier is kinda too based on current results, ics/oli aren't THAT good as characters but I guess people just need to place better against them

Sonic and Ike shoulda went even lower, they are both bad and we didn't have any notable results since MLG(applies mostly for sonic)

Lucas should be out of low tier

Otherwise pretty accurate

smashbot226

Smash Master
If the DK boards are soft spoken and allow numbers that we used to be "incorrect" (as you seem to believe), how is that our fault? If you don't like how it turned out, fix the numbers and place better. His MU numbers are awful to the point where the DK boards "just" being soft spoken is why and his results data is severely lacking as well.
See, that's the problem. DK users are relatively few and far between so expecting some tech or data to magically appear is not really plausible, especially when you take into account that some backroom members might not have a competent grasp over the entire roster. Not that I'm asking for the latter in backroom members but it certainly helps.

I.E. It's rather silly to ask for information when said character is used in Brawl about as often as Roy in Brawl.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you guys look, DK and the 2 people above him are pretty damn close. They are like .4 and .16 apart (Shielda to sonic being .16 and sonic to DK being .4)

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
In my opinion, Ice Climbers should be first, Meta Knight second, Diddy Kong third, Olimar fourth and Snake fifth.

Why? Well, Ice Climbers are by far (In my opinion) the best character in the game. If you dominate the defensive game, and chaingrabs, there shouldn't be a reason to even lose. Especially since most people want to use the Japanese ruleset, where there is no place to CP ICs, and also, people wanting to ban MK, arguably, the best char vs Ics (Again, in my opinion).

Meta Knight... well, Meta Knight! If he isn't first, he's obviously second.

Diddy Kong: Basically, he has so much good things in his overall gameplay, that I consider him to be better than Olimar and Snake. Strong aerial and ground game. Can get out out juggles, decent recovery, IMO, best kill "setups" in the game, excellent defensive and aggressive game. He can do pretty much anything, from my perspective. Why he isn't 2nd or 1st? Even with infinites? Because they can be SDI'ied, and when we have a chance to escape them, it's not the best anymore. Also add the dificulty to set them up and do them. Also, MK is MK, and Ice Climbers grab are better than any other infinite. The meaning of 1 grab = Death, is just way too much. One simple read.

Olimar is an extremely good character. Where from my perspective, his only weakness is his short recovery. Excellent move set, aerial game (Whistle, and aerials) and ground game. He has such a strong defensive game, where he simply overwhelms characters AND players. Also, his grab range pretty much destroys certain matchups, where they just can't... simply attack without being punished. Add this to the excellent Olimars players we have, where they have always shown how good their character really is and what he can do.

Snake is simply the best character after Olimar. Simple as that. We all know what Snake is capable of, and how good of a character he is.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
This is why I'm a casual player. I don't get mad over stupid, petty things like tiers that don't matter.

Some of these placings are laughable, even from a casual perspective, though.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Boss,Big lou and Jbandit just doesn't care any more IMO......but hey you got Mr.concon

C.J.

Smash Master
GOD I LOVE THIS TIER LIST.

......BBR next time in the future don't be shy putting snake in B-tier.......and diddy is not better than snake.......he's just more consistent.
Diddy is better than Snake, arguably.

so much salt in this thread.
There always is.

I'm pretty sure M2K called it. I mean olimar being top. I think he called it along time ago.
He also called Snake, Diddy, IC, Wario, and Falco being #2.

Awww, luigi just keeps falling :(
As he should.

Why did pit move up

:phone:
Have you DL'd the excel sheet? His results data put him right around this spot while his weighted MUs puts him ahead of everyone below him.

Space between shielda and sheik, and link moving down a spot are both stupid

Yoshi above Ness, finally

DK is wayyyy too low

Top tier is kinda too based on current results, ics/oli aren't THAT good as characters but I guess people just need to place better against them

Sonic and Ike shoulda went even lower, they are both bad and we didn't have any notable results since MLG(applies mostly for sonic)

Lucas should be out of low tier

Otherwise pretty accurate
DK isn't too low if you look at data. Yes the gap between Sheik and Sheilda is weird. ICs definitely ARE that good of a character, and probably better. Oli is mostly at #2 due t results though.
Look at Sonic's data on the Excel sheet. He should probably be higher tbh.
Lucas being out of low tier may be true.

The only character better than Diddy is MK, and he's banned. You just gotta know the MU and what to avoid (and how to avoid it).

HAcoreRD
MK isn't banned generally. It's at the TO's discretion.

This is why I'm a casual player. I don't get mad over stupid, petty things like tiers that don't matter.

Some of these placings are laughable, even from a casual perspective, though.
So you say you're a casual player and then expect us to believe you on top level play? Lolcontradiction.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Luigi needs to be #1 on the tier list TBH, Fox needs to be at the very bottom.
Now whenever I see you post, I think, "Why is DeLux being so silly? Oh, wait..."

Mario > Luigi IMO
Mario's too weak and doesn't have enough range in this game where you roll the dice every time you go in. Either way, they're both bad.

Sails

Smash Ace
The only character better than Diddy is MK, and he's banned. You just gotta know the MU and what to avoid (and how to avoid it).

HAcoreRD
I'm just going to nod my head and agree because it is clear you don't know anything about what you're talking about. Try going to some tournaments and actually talking to other top mains such as ADHD or Player-1 like I have.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Nice. Although :fox: dropped a bit, borderline tier is a good idea.

Though seeing :sonic: above :dk2: is probably pissing off quite a few players right now. That probably won't end well as this picks up more.

Tacket

The Innovator
I'm just going to nod my head and agree because it is clear you don't know anything about what you're talking about. Try going to some tournaments and actually talking to other top mains such as ADHD or Player-1 like I have.
Okay, be you rude if you want.
No need to be so salty lol.
I'll be sure to take your advice.
I only go to UMvC3 tournies lol.

HAcoreRD

smashbot226

Smash Master
Though seeing :sonic: above :dk2: is probably pissing off quite a few players right now. That probably won't end well as this picks up more.
I think what I'm peeved about is the lack of justification for the larger shifts in placing. IIRC there was justification for the bigger drops in the last list, in the OP as well. Then again, if popularity is going to factor in placing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom