• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
haha @ dexident
Cyve just won this single Match Mr.R went back to Marth after this Match and won the last Match :(

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Me vs Maize (a SoCal MK)

I have no idea of how well he does in SoCal, he wasnt able to stay @ NYTE past pools, but he got like second in his pool, I think, after Silly Kyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Xz5wdhSJY&feature=g-all-u
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wty4XSKM7qI&feature=g-all-u

I need to work on my ledge game (as seen in game 2) The same thing happens to me when I'm Peach vs a Marth I play, I just can't get back on the stage.

Also I suck at reading now, I've sorta started to autopilot again so i'm hoping to break that habit for my tourney today. Thanks to whoever critiques, I've been practicing really hard lately trying to hyperbolic time chamber myself.

Edit: also these are from the beginning of the month before I started training super hard)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad

----------------------------------------------------

In all seriousness, you need to dtilt more,especially against rushknight lol. He's not afraid to rush you in because you're hardly punishing him for it. I'm not saying to sit there and just dtilt, but mix it up in your ground game, space it well, or even better, bait him and then dtilt punish. It's not 100% safe but it's definitely a great option vs grounded MK and will make him think twice before approaching blindly. Idk why you did uthrow instead of dthrows, especially when you were behind:l. Also why do you keep challenging MK when you're on the ledge:(. Upb to a safe platform and reset the situation, the best option most of the time.

Overall be faster with punishes when you're upclose with MK. Try SH dair or single jabs, they throw off your opponent. Or just upb =p.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I thought you could have up-b'd a little more and used more d-tilt. Also I noticed on the edge that you really needed to get above him, either up-b away to safety or do a quick d-air.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
The main thing I saw qas a few good punishes that were open and not used. More bairs, try to only fullhop fair to avoid the landing lag. Last thing I saw was you coming back to the stage, you didn't get on/sweetspot the ledge much. GnW has a really good plank game, so be sure to use it.

:phone:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sorry mang, I'm not really a good critic, but all I can say is, your gaw is good.

This is a recent video I would like critique and advice, please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmKblopV2H4&feature=youtu.be

I seem to have difficulty in this MU. :B
I have trouble with Peach too. (Cool blizzard hack)
I don't know G&W's MU enough to critique but I can tell you what games peach played. Mainly the back and forth spacing when you attack, she moves back enough to avoid it and counters your lag. This went back and forth several times and both of you did about even.
A similar game happened with spamming dodges and attacks alternately. Dash attack is probably the best answer to end this, or maybe SH Nair.
In both you and Peach kept playing to the other's predictable and 'instant response timing'. Mix things up. Double jumps and Chef are probably good surprises when used sparingly.
Other things:
Don't shield dash under the Dair queen's SH.
Peachs like to attack as they land then jab (starts frame 2) or mix in a grab. Shield grab after the final aerial hit before she lands or right after the second jab.
Turnips are great gimpers and combo starters. Don't stall offstage when she's throwing them at you. It's a bad position.
Her Fsmash has surprising reach in front of, and above Peach. Instead of challenging it chef at her and maybe start an attack chain.
That player knows how to teck Dthrow and avoid the Dsmash but you tried it a second time. The Usmash you landed was a good read from the other Dthrow.
When you got the 9 it worked but was a gambit when she could have been KOed with Fsmash guaranteed.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
I have trouble with the Peach matchup as well... I'm still not sure why it's considered an advantage for GW...

Very nice 9 by the way. :D

The only input I have is that I have noticed our u-tilt is very effective against Peach. Especially when she is hovering above us. I've noticed you can often bait them to hover above us and they are used to not being challenged well in that position. U-tilt appears to beat them solidly. I find myself landing more u-tilts on Peach than against any other character.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Definitely bucket braking, I saw you use bair>nothing when you get hit. You need to nair>bucket on big hits, even vertical if you can fastfall the nair well enough. Other than that, use GnW's amazing air mobility to the fullest extent. Try to bait moves and punish them.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
It's something that you have to just get the hang of. If you have the guts, yell out "NAIR BUCKET" every time you die that you think you could have survived. It works, seriously.

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's weird about using several characters is you gradually develop a mind-set for each character. Bucket breaking (and G&W) took me a long time to get in my head. Most of my characters Bair to momentum cancel.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
What's weird about using several characters is you gradually develop a mind-set for each character. Bucket breaking (and G&W) took me a long time to get in my head. Most of my characters Bair to momentum cancel.
This is so true. After months of getting killed by marth's tippers on the edge around 40% I have finally got the hang of bucket braking. My current mains all have different effective ways of DI, and I can finally say I got the hang of it.

D

Deleted member 189823

So many light blue gaws. @_@

I am glad for you, Jellyfish. Seeing gaw get KO'd SO early almost feels demeaning.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Swei, I would just work on your general game mechanics, such as spacing and character control. You shouldn't have any problems hitting someone who is charging a smash, especially Peach. If it's fsmash, just jump up and dair. If you're feeling like a real man you can go for the sliding shield grab (just run up, hold shield and then press when you're in grab range). But yeah, straight up running into charged smashes should not happen.

D

Deleted member 189823

Swei, I would just work on your general game mechanics, such as spacing and character control. You shouldn't have any problems hitting someone who is charging a smash, especially Peach. If it's fsmash, just jump up and dair. If you're feeling like a real man you can go for the sliding shield grab (just run up, hold shield and then press when you're in grab range). But yeah, straight up running into charged smashes should not happen.
Hey thanks.

Learning a MU really helps. Someone helped my G&W learn the Jiggz MU better. Notice the huge improvement from game 1 to 2 (I only uploaded 2 total):
http://youtu.be/DKvN1PDIGv0
http://youtu.be/c5r30MPnrOg

Please critique game 2 if you have spare time. Thanks :) .
Both games were well-played...but you need to space your aerials better. I saw you thorw out F-Airs a few times that would leave you open in the air.
The ending of the last game was funny. x3

Also, do you have any offline matches? I don't know if it's viable if it it doesn't lag because this guy I know says it isn't even when it doesn't lag. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't know if it's viable if it it doesn't lag because this guy I know says it isn't even when it doesn't lag. :)
? Will you rephrase that? I'm lost.

Jiggz is one of those MUs I have trouble with; she surprises me with her crazy air speed and reach. I'm better now than I was. Lol, game 2's ending felt goooood.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
First of all no Offense but Jiggz is actually free for us but if you don't know the MU than you have to be carefull. Than you used the fair quite good but you have the same problem as i have and that is using dair way too obvious you lost the first match because of that. The beginning of the second match was quite weird because you stayed at the ground and you used for my taste too much rolls/spotdodges. Try to use nair and bair a bit more faster with short hops. And **** Jiggz with uair she can't do anything against the wind and eventually you can kill her with the windbox.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Jiggs is definitely not +4 for us like some people say, it NOT that easy.

+3 maybe? You have to play patient as **** vs Jiggs because she'll just aircamp you until you get impatient and punish you and she can actually kill us surprisingly well with her aerials I've learned. NEVER attack first. That's seriously it. You guys will just be playing a spacing battle (which is how jiggs plays EVERY charatcer and it's hat makes her some stupid/annoying to fight). Just never attack first and you'll win. Played a good jiggs last tourney wish It had got recorded so i could show you rizen.

However, I don't mean to come off like im the master at the matchup, im pretty ignorant too, I'm just sharing my observations. =)

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Chozo: I kinda skimmed through the video....and the main thing I saw were poor choices against him.

First Match

1:26-1:30 you could've had brought him down a stock there with either a quick Fair, or a proper punish on his landing. You could've maybe Uaired him if you didn't think you could've gotten a smash on him. There are several other times you could've punished his landing but make a failed attempt.

2:34: I feel like you could've gotten a slow fall Dair or two. He was at a low percent, so he'd probably survive one. More than that using the C4 in his recovery.

Match 2

At the beginning of the match you kinda had a poor use of judgement. You were kinda using them at odd times, and getting punished for it.

4:00: Was another Dair moment, Nair might've been fine too...

There were also several times he grabbed you out of a bair or nair because of poor spacing.

So to recap, work on punishing his recovery. You could've had him the first match and beaten him by more in the second. And work on your spacing.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Jiggz's Fair is like a slightly stronger Kirby Bair and with her freaky air speed it's range is like Snake's Ftilt. Jiggz used to really surprise me because I never played vs Jiggz. Wifi made her harder to space since I never played vs Jiggz offline. Never learn a character online, lol. No MUs are free but some are darn close.

Here's another match:
vs TLink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rinGQ7IcQGc&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MikyQ6Hp0k&list=UUBlc1aYEJlv6Kcq6gbC1K7w&index=1&feature=plcp
Game1 lot of wifail. IDK how his Dair killed my 2nd stock? We both suffered from inconsistent shielding. :/
Game 2 For some reason I find certain opponents hard to approach when they're under platforms like the low BF 2, Frigate stage2 center etc. (Why is TLink's Uair more powerful than Link's?:glare:).
Please critique game 2 only. Thanks.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
The all-important spacing... I'll do my best to work on that. It's hard to have better spacing than my opponent when I'm a state-level player at best and they are a national-level player, but now I'm just making excuses.

Rizen

Smash Legend
nICE textures. TBH vs good Snakes I cop-out and use Link/Wolf/Zelda. The big thing I can tell you is when you have Snake in a bad position pressure the c*** out of him! Do not let him reset the situation; juggle, gimp and deal as much damage as possible.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
And momentum cancel. Bucket brake wins games.

Maximize on your opponents faults. Snake gets juggled easily, **** him in the air. And grab release his upb whenever possible and watch him fall to his death.

:phone:

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
There are a couple cool and fun things we can do to snake that other characters cant.

First off as others have said, always look for and keep the juggle going. You want him above you, the only thing you have to worry about in the position is his C4, which you can avoid. up-air constantly, wait for n-air to follow up. If he is recovering, NEVER be afraid of him. Our aerials beat him pretty much all the time unless he is frame perfect. The only aerial I ever fear is his b-air, which you can usually watch for reliably. If he's in his Cypher you need to give him f-airs and judgements all day long. Also d-air spikes are particularly sexy. I have never done it though, only seen vids...

Do not forget that we can bucket his d-smash with no ill affect. If he lays a mine down? Just bucket it, they will be like. WTF!

D-air his u-smash. It beats it every time. Don't be afraid of that move if you are above him. Just key your way right to his stupid head.

Lastly, do not b-air when you get hit. Practice your down-b and remember: n-air to down-b n-air to down-b, n-air to down-b. That is how you stay alive longest. Without our bucket and the afore mentioned shenanigans this match up would be even worse for us than it already is. . .

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Quick tips that will make you way better:

Dair through the platform when he's under it. It's hard for snake to actually beat it with utilt because he has to be very precise, so if you mix up your timing and when you slow fall it, you can usually trade with it which actually does more damage for you. Also always dair through his usmash if he's doing it under a platform, that is for sure free damage.

Drop through platform -> fair is amazing. The shield push makes it hard to get a decent punish off, and it's super quick. Couple this with shield pressure from dair through the platfrom and you can shield poke a lot with fair.

Make sure to nair -> bucket after getting hit.

Top Bottom