• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey to help out MI a lot I made 3 tourney calenders that include all the tourneys both in state and OoS (The only ones included are ones MI people have expressed interest in.)

[COLLAPSE="June"]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="July"]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="August"]

Extremely Open for anyone, not much planned because its so far off.
[/COLLAPSE]

This will help us schedule our own events, since its looking like this summer might be a bit dry instate.

I think that July is the only month that's looking to be dry instate, since most people don't plan their tournies 3 months ahead of time august is still up in the air, but in June there are tournies 3 weeks in a row.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Well there is a big gap between PS4 and BAMF. I would suggest some one host something between those two, despite Impulse and SKTAR, since most people won't be going to those anyway.

JTsm

Smash Master
Someone should just plan a small local tourney some where in July, so there is at least something going on while some go to the OoR tourneys.

Why don't we just have a super huge smashfest the weekend of one of the OoR events that people plan to go to where we can run a like 1 or 2 dollar side tournament and draft crews and etc.

Smashfests are more fun than tournaments.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Someone in AA should run a local on the date of SKTAR (7-14), I only know that Tech and Tutu are planning on going to Nappy's Charity event (Which I wanna give either Tutu or Tech some donation money). I think the 14th is an optimal date for us in reality. WTP or Zinoto I'm looking at you guys, SSBB Matchmakers 2?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I might be able to host something July 7th, it would be Melee+Brawl to cover the cost of renting Pierpont. Mason isn't feasible from June 15th - July 9th due to Top of the Park festivities in downtown Ann Arbor. Then again, I might be smashed out from IMPULSE, so we'll see...

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
S tier: (in no particular order)

Rage
Kenny
Zinoto
lain
old Sk

A tier:
New Sk
Roller
tutu
mikey

judge and lcancel would be S also just as a measuring tool

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I wouldn't put Kenny above Zinoto, I'd have them tied or Zinoto with a minimum lead. But that looks good haha.

I'm already beginning my looking into of players since tge season is about halfway done

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
That tier list is dumb lmao.

Also I don't really care if we have a PR right now. Its kinda pointless tbh. The longer we go on with this and th better I've gotten at the game, the more pointless I think it is.

What's the point if both Lain and SK are shadows of themselves right now?

What's the point if Kenny and sometimes Mikey averages one tournament a season?

What's the point if Roller is out of state right now?

I know that I've improved significantly again but I don't feel like anyone below me still is at the acceptable level. Because as it stands, there's tiny Ragequaza locals and the only thing they do is help Rage meet his mininum requirement for tournaments. And then JTsms which is the end of the season and two months away. And so....those who travel out of state are gonna be the other PRed folks.

Yep, we're getting better. So what's the point in having a half ***** version of a PR this season that doesn't even reflect that?

JTsm

Smash Master
Tech, the season isn't over yet for people to improve. Besides, I'm pretty sure you're not letting Ori have any fun.

:denzel:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'm completely aware of that. I mean if cool stuff happens so be it. But we're only gonna have one more in state event with any real validity. Doesn't look promising. I'm not producing a jank list, I'm sorry.

And lol at that last statement.

fZk

Smash Lord
That tier list is dumb lmao.

Also I don't really care if we have a PR right now. Its kinda pointless tbh. The longer we go on with this and th better I've gotten at the game, the more pointless I think it is.

What's the point if both Lain and SK are shadows of themselves right now?

What's the point if Kenny and sometimes Mikey averages one tournament a season?

What's the point if Roller is out of state right now?

I know that I've improved significantly again but I don't feel like anyone below me still is at the acceptable level. Because as it stands, there's tiny Ragequaza locals and the only thing they do is help Rage meet his mininum requirement for tournaments. And then JTsms which is the end of the season and two months away. And so....those who travel out of state are gonna be the other PRed folks.

Yep, we're getting better. So what's the point in having a half ***** version of a PR this season that doesn't even reflect that?
This is pretty ****ty of you Derek. You were one of the biggest proponents of bringing back a PR when you were not in it and when our community was probably at its lowest point, now that you're a regular in it you don't want it any more. It is even worse because now the community is at the highest it's been in many years with many successful tournaments and and a huge influx of new players, for which you've been a big part of. I think now it's when it's more important to have a PR. Remember all your original reasons for having a PR in the first place.

I know for you not being in the PR was a big motivation for you to push yourself and become better and no doubt you have done so. Why would you want to take that opportunity away from others just because you accomplished it already.

Top Bottom