• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So any clue as to when BCM will be up & functional?

No rush, of course.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Exactly.... but it'a better tp say so, instead of not say anything.

Also I'm uploading the rest of Final Fantasy IX, and I have Kirby's Dream Land, and a few other BRSTMs on the 4shared account..... that only certain people have access to.....

So far, Soneek, Segtendo and I.... I think.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
BTW, there are two more Paper Mario tracks that I haven't done.

Dry Dry Desert Oasis... and the part of Underground Tunnels where you at the Shiver City Tunnel Entrance.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

Someone hacked into the site and messed it up, so we have to do a complete overhaul. Luckily TUK has all of the brstms up to date before the site was hacked. We're just trying to figure out the cause of how it happened (while we wait for Ijah to get the site repaired).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What the heck is going on???? Why is the VPS for Brawlcustommusic empty?!
In short... site was hacked, everything was wiped off.

I'm thinking probably exactly what you're thinking... who the heck would do that?

As Alaric said, that back up you set up for me, is more or less up to date... the only possible thing that MIGHT have missed it, is if a BRSTM was uploaded in that short time between the last back-up and the site going down. Having said that, when the site is back up, does that mean you'll have to re-configure the backups on my PC?

Yui Hirasawa

Smash Cadet
What happened exactly:
Someone somehow gained access, the read/write permissions for all users/applications were removed leaving FTP/SSH useless.
I did manage to get to it through parallels power panel, but most of the files had been deleted (that includes important ones in the / and /var directories.

Basically, the debian installation was ****ed over and most brstms deleted.

soneek

Smash Ace
@moosehunter

Someone hacked into the site and messed it up, so we have to do a complete overhaul. Luckily TUK has all of the brstms up to date before the site was hacked. We're just trying to figure out the cause of how it happened (while we wait for Ijah to get the site repaired).
There's a LOT more to the site than just the brstms.

soneek

Smash Ace
*sigh* yeah. That's the first thing I'm doing once we have the site functional again.

In the meantime, what should we have on the front page? Maybe embedded playlists of the videos we've uploaded?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I don't know, either way, I'm downloading a 'remade/remastered'-ish Super Smash Bros thingy that Dutchie on HCS made... it's in that topic about miniusfs and xms and stuff.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
****. Most of the BRSTMs were deleted?
At least they're in back-up... right?

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Yep.... I have (AFAIK) all of the BRSTMs...

Unfortunately, that also includes possibly thousands of rejected BRSTMs. The reason is, once a BRSTM is uploaded, it'll go into /var/www/music/brstms/ whether it's rejected or not. If it's left there long enough for the backup to ... back that file up, then, even if it's rejected, it'll be deleted from the site, but I'll still keep it. In a way, that's a good thing, since if you were to accidentally reject a song (like your mouse somehow slipped :p), then, if you know the 'number' of the BRSTM, you can just ask me to re-upload it (I actually did that once).

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I have 22,654 BRSTMs backed up.
And 8.... half-uploaded weird BRSTM things.

I think Moose knows what these are, right?
For example:
.21155.brstm.IJNlRI
.20500.brstm.99RDhM

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Good thing I had all mines stored.
But still....

I guess is just a part of the problems any page has to face during their early lifespan.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Early lifespan? The domain was registered on January 27, 2010, and the site pretty much launched around that time, or early February 2010, so it's over 2 years old.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And how much do you expect a site to be up?
2 years, for me, sounds pretty new.

Anyway, there's no need for discussion on that, that kind stuff, like getting hacked because the site was gaining popularity, happens.

PnFfan101

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I wanna apologize for what happened. I didn't know the site got hacked! I thought it was just broken or something!

:phone:

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Does anyone here have the HD logo of Pokémon XD : Gale of Darkness ? I would need it please :)

I'm surprised TUK didn't complain about the lack of presence on this thread...

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone here have the HD logo of Pokémon XD : Gale of Darkness ? I would need it please :)

I'm surprised TUK didn't complain about the lack of presence on this thread...
I'm not sure what you mean by HD, but I found these. Maybe they'll be of some use to you.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
HD : 1920x1080. The size of the logos used in the BrawlBRSTMs videos.

EDIT : I can do with either of these logos though. But if you want some eargasms, you have to put the quality in top priority ! :awesome:
EDIT 2 : Crud, I forgot the BRSTM I wanted to extend has a slightly different samplerate from all the .bat files Soneek had made to create a "BRSTM 2 AVI" converter. D:

soneek

Smash Ace
TUK has the logo. He'll probably upload it later. Also, I'll PM you the BRSTM to video program for all sample rates.

Top Bottom