• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Let's discus why MRM won't accept my $100 MM
Because I don't have $100 dollars; you can't bet what you don't have, and I'd like to play vs other people if possible.

You are asking for that large of an amount because you trying to scare me off because you are scared anyway.

C.J.

Smash Master
Most pro players are pretty nice. If you just ask them, most will play you lol. Hell, after the match ask them what you did wrong and most will help you out.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm confused as how lower level players MMing better players is a bad thing.
What he meant was MMing being the only "way" lower level players got to play big names. Like you walk up to M2K and he won't play you, but for the "low low price of only $19.95 YOU can get ***** in a MM. Step right up folks come one, come all!"

(Not even trying to pick on Jason, just an example)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Most people aren't like that though. If people come up to me and ask to play I will almost always say yes. Sometimes I like to calm down and not play before a match so I'll decline, but that's about it.

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I wanna see you pull some major upsets, Verm. Like, ****** ESAM major upsets.

...no offense to ESAM. Just thought of a random name off the top of my head.
Dthrow=GG. No hope. I'm sure that matchup has to be +4 looool.
because MM are somewhat in my opinion silly?
Ban this guy.^
I'm confused as how lower level players MMing better players is a bad thing.
Dunno, but it funds our pockets :smirk:. Just kidding, it's more for experience. People are known to sandbag to extreme amounts in friendlies. I don't generally sandbag, but I go for things I shouldn't.
Most pro players are pretty nice. If you just ask them, most will play you lol. Hell, after the match ask them what you did wrong and most will help you out.
^
OR

didn't bring enough money for food.....so i can win a quick match to bum 2 bucks n buy a mcChicken...
LOL.
Most people aren't like that though. If people come up to me and ask to play I will almost always say yes. Sometimes I like to calm down and not play before a match so I'll decline, but that's about it.

What would ultralord do...

:018:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lol yeah if you want to pick a top player for a Ganon to upset, you probably shouldn't pick ESAM. Most consistent player ever, plus Pika vs Ganon is ********. And don't get me started on ICs...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gotta make it sorta worth their while though. Just because they are good doesn't mean its their job to teach you stuff.

I know I'm bored on the rare occasion I play someone alot worse than I am and I imagine far more skilled players are bored playing me.

Keep in mind top players want to have fun and have challenging practice too, so don't think they are stuck up just because they don't jump at the chance to friendly everyone.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol Delux.

Honestly I'm ready to give up learning the IC matchup with any character except Ganon. I mean, Ganon is one of the hardest characters in the game to CG...and besides, who practices the Ganon CG anyway?

Besides, all Ganon has to do is spam thunderstomp the entire game and hope Nana gets separated.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Lol yeah if you want to pick a top player for a Ganon to upset, you probably shouldn't pick ESAM. Most consistent player ever, plus Pika vs Ganon is ********. And don't get me started on ICs...

Oh come on, man! I love the Pika MU! I can't say I know why, but something about landing a hit on a plump little muffin like Pikachu just feels too good.

Lol Delux.

Honestly I'm ready to give up learning the IC matchup with any character except Ganon. I mean, Ganon is one of the hardest characters in the game to CG...and besides, who practices the Ganon CG anyway?

Besides, all Ganon has to do is spam thunderstomp the entire game and hope Nana gets separated.

Then they just hobble. Hobbling is the worst. I don't even mind being CGed, I just hate being hobbled because it takes 1/4 of the match to complete. Whenever I played Prawn, he didn't know how to CG Ganon, so he just hobbled and it took forever.

Though, I have developed a new AT called pDI, which you may've read about when I posted it on FB. Punch DI. You simply slug the **** out of the ICs player. 11/10 they will drop the CG.

@Falln: That's the beauty of the 'Dorf though: no one option is safe. Holding your shield against Ganon is almost as unsafe as spotdodging. :ganondorf:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
if you SDI the ice block from a hobble towards icies and make them turn around it gives you a lot better of a window to mash out
Yeah, it does, but the chances are still vestigial if you're above 50%. ****ing hobble. :glare:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol Delux.

Ganon is like the easiest character to CG >_> just solo dthrow to edge and dtilt lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ganon is like the easiest character to CG >_> just solo dthrow to edge and dtilt lol.
If ganon sDIs the Dtilt up and towards the stage, then he can recover fine. In fact I think you did this to me during our Ganon Gauntlet match at APEX and I recovered easily.

Well come to think of it, I think the SV platform was there... but with the sDI I still could have gotten the ledge if it wasn't lol.

The regular Ganon CG itself is actually very difficult compared to most of the other CGs. Though I was being sarcastic in implying that the Ganon MU is anywhere close to winnable for Ganon.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The CG>DTilt myth is still a thing? Reminds me of the Sheik chain myth. And the Snake crawl myth.

We Ganons are so mysterious.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If ganon sDIs the Dtilt up and towards the stage, then he can recover fine. In fact I think you did this to me during our Ganon Gauntlet match at APEX and I recovered easily.

Well come to think of it, I think the SV platform was there... but with the sDI I still could have gotten the ledge if it wasn't lol.

The regular Ganon CG itself is actually very difficult compared to most of the other CGs. Though I was being sarcastic in implying that the Ganon MU is anywhere close to winnable for Ganon.

The regular CG is pretty easy framewise >_>. Just dthrow->dthrow and hobble to turn around.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IT'S GANON

Actual CG's on Ganon aren't that hard. Dthrow to Dthrow is balls easy, Fthrow one is pretty easy too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
OFF TOPIC AS FUUUUUUUUUCK

But yeah, when the **** did I become "Mr. Consistency?" It's news to me every time I hear it in commentary @_@

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ally should be known as "Mr.Consistency". I don't think I've ever seen him place lower than top 6, excluding side events and what not.

I mean ESAM is consistent too but Ally has been doing it longer.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
because MM are somewhat in my opinion silly?
Well, Player-1 was too scared to post his tournament when I was planning my trip (since I asked months before hand when his next tournament was gonna be) and I have made plans to be in NC on the 18th, so I won't be able to take his money at that venue.

I am gonna be less than 40 minutes from his aprox location and others in the area and no one has responded outside of Reflex being like "oh, too bad I am not in GA" and player-1 being like "Oh, $100 because I'm rich and can afford such things."

Keeping in mind I am busing across the country to go visit my cousin who got disagnosed with testicular cancer and my brother is getting engaged (both in NC) I think anything over $20 is stupid and just shows how dangerous the thought process can be for those who don't see outside of themselves.

Edit: He doesn't know the family stuff, I think if I didn't clarify it's not trolling anymore.

i wouldn't listen to hylian on ICs-Ganon MU knowledge

he lost the ganon gauntlet :troll:
In no way is this a denial that you are too scared to accept a reasonable MM considering my previous comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom