• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh so the tournament will still be at his apartment then this weekend?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
At airport, be arriving at my cousin's in Houston Saturday night. Wanted to buy y'all shot glasses so we be drinkin' with culture but they never let me go to the market.

:phone:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
At airport, be arriving at my cousin's in Houston Saturday night. Wanted to buy y'all shot glasses so we be drinkin' with culture but they never let me go to the market.

Aww, I would've liked a third shot glass.

Also yeah Tofer, housing situations needed before any of us pre-register.
Who'll be the lucky two people to take the spots!?

So Far: Espy
K Prime
Slush
Tofer.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Everyone has certain qualities that give them trouble in getting jobs.
Getting on the company's case about an application will probably increase your chances on netting the job, but it's never guaranteed.

I applied for a swarm of jobs (made over 50 applications and hawked a few of them hard) last summer and got nothing. I only got one somewhere because it was handed to me pretty much. This summer, I applied at three places, and only three. I never called back about my applications, and I pretty much have a job secured now. It's not completely random, but it sure as hell feels like it most of the time. :applejack:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Its because SEGA ****ing sucks and they didn't release it over here. So I would have to import it from Japan and apparently all the shipping pushes it to like $122 dollars or more.
iMad

APEX screwed over Slush and Espy.
Oh ya? What did they have to buy extra flights back or something?

That was before I sucked it up and decided to apply anywhere and everywhere. I also have certain... "qualities" that prevented me from landing a lot of jobs too.
clearly, not a quality. better word would be hindrance lol
And we all have them, Hell I'm disabled along the lines of my horrific co-ordination, yet I still have a job carrying large plates of food to tables, with a side of working behind the bar and/or beating the **** through barred people
It's all about the cirriculum vitae, Make a good one and you can get jobs so much easier

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
APEX didn't screw us in and of itself, but our financial situations completely changed when we got back, so we realized that spending what we did getting there and back completely ruined us for the next half year or more.

As far as I'm concerned, it didn't help that I had surgery, two car issues, phone payments, broken computers, and other various things that I didn't necessarily anticipate to happen. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Only issues for me have been constantly giving money to my brother for gamelot (around $100 or so I think...?) giving gas money/bus money to my mother whenever she hitched a ride over here.
And I guess my GED/ID stuph. But I wouldn't really call the last two an issue.

Probably other stuph I'm missing, but I am also throwing money for a new laptop soon since my old one crapped out.
League destroys computers

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
His is a "gaming" laptop and it cost a ton. You can get a desktop that runs just as good for much much cheaper.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yar, I think that was the joke.
He spent $1000+ to play solely league and WoW on it.

And with him "quitting" WoW and having almost as many wins as me now, I'd say league.
Besides, this laptop isn't for league. Just to carry around with me and occasionally play if people start playing around me.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
iMad

Oh ya? What did they have to buy extra flights back or something?

clearly, not a quality. better word would be hindrance lol
And we all have them, Hell I'm disabled along the lines of my horrific co-ordination, yet I still have a job carrying large plates of food to tables, with a side of working behind the bar and/or beating the **** through barred people
It's all about the cirriculum vitae, Make a good one and you can get jobs so much easier
The sarcasm is not strong with this one.

Laptops are only good for portability and everyone knows that. You don't buy a laptop for preformance, that's what desktops are for. You can get a good gaming desktop for under a grand now-a-days too. You'd spend the most on a processor, graphics card, and probably monitors.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
WHAT THE, skypirate how dare you infract me for making a penis in B = and D's.
Get some, noob!

I know a lot of SA's financial situations are tight now--if any more of you can make WHOBO, it would be awesome to see you! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
That was before I sucked it up and decided to apply anywhere and everywhere. I also have certain... "qualities" that prevented me from landing a lot of jobs too.
I have put so many ****ing applications to so many places, and still nothing.
So I can assure you it is not from being lazy, because I really have been trying.
And the process of moving has also hit me pretty hard financially.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll make a deal, Zigsta. You make that character based off me like ya said a year ago, instead of getting money from that idea, you just pay for my entire WHOBO 4 experience!

Deal!?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
In Korea. Yeah I checked the airport but the Philippines Airport novelty store was just cultural stuff. My dad did by dozens for his coworkers on his own. I could probably score whatever's leftover.

Can probably only choose one: whobo or San japan

Heartstring

Smash Legend
APEX didn't screw us in and of itself, but our financial situations completely changed when we got back, so we realized that spending what we did getting there and back completely ruined us for the next half year or more.

As far as I'm concerned, it didn't help that I had surgery, two car issues, phone payments, broken computers, and other various things that I didn't necessarily anticipate to happen. :applejack:
Well, I guess that makes sense. I almost forgot that medical **** in america wasn't universally paid for (although we pay for it in the form of taxes instead)

The sarcasm is not strong with this one.
I noticed it was there, I just decided to ignore it because it was ****ty sarcasm

So I can assure you it is not from being lazy, because I really have been trying.
It's because you're gay
Seriously, From what i've heard of america via news, I wouldnt be surprised.
If you want, I can take a look at your CV and see what could be done to make you sound more appealing...in a business sense lol

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
go online find the nearest tempcorp office, go there fillout the paper work and you can be working by tonight. You can also go down the street to marbach and sell your plasma for $$$ I think you get 70$ idk for sure.

Now go do it since your not lazy. :p

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
go online find the nearest tempcorp office, go there fillout the paper work and you can be working by tonight. You can also go down the street to marbach and sell your plasma for $$$ I think you get 70$ idk for sure.

Now go do it since your not lazy. :p

I already did that.
You honestly think I have not done everything?
And plasma is a bit more complicated than just showing up and donating.
I have done it twice.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Aww, I would've liked a third shot glass.

Also yeah Tofer, housing situations needed before any of us pre-register.
Who'll be the lucky two people to take the spots!?

So Far: Espy
K Prime
Slush
Tofer.
Housing is not an issue. Sync said he would house any and everybody. he has a HOUSE to himself now. and you 4 can squeeze into the 2 carpool cant you?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If only.
Well actually...K prime can sit on Tofer's lap and I'll sit on Espy's. Hope there isn't a bump or something, otherwise our necks will be broken.

More of mine, K prime is the size of a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom