• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Driving for 3 hours is convenient?

Its too bad you guys aren't coming. This may be the last major MK banned event before everyone starts meatriding japan across the country. I also wanna see Espy/Slush/Megafox shine in mid tiers.

But yea, what about Blondie and Jrugs (i have no idea where he REALLY lives). Don't they often carpool to Houston or are they riding with Nike?

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
No one showed the initiative to start booking rooms or talk about going at all.
And apparently Nike was keeping a secret carpool again if he never once mentioned it to us.
I would have been glad to get rooms and ask for the car again, but no one told me to do anything or brought it up until the last minute, which was Slush.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Driving for 3 hours is convenient?

Its too bad you guys aren't coming. This may be the last major MK banned event before everyone starts meatriding japan across the country. I also wanna see Espy/Slush/Megafox shine in mid tiers.

But yea, what about Blondie and Jrugs (i have no idea where he REALLY lives). Don't they often carpool to Houston or are they riding with Nike?
It is when it's your car, and you are able to schedule around it completely without having to rely on a system that's virtually out of your hands.
You can't say a thing about money, since he has it to spare.

Finally, I'm pretty sure none of us are going to really lose any sleep over missing a WHOBO. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No one showed the initiative to start booking rooms or talk about going at all.
And apparently Nike was keeping a secret carpool again if he never once mentioned it to us.
I would have been glad to get rooms and ask for the car again, but no one told me to do anything or brought it up until the last minute, which was Slush.
I wouldn't say last minute, I brought up WHOBO quite a bit. I think even a month or two before hand.
Even then, I also brought it up in the xat many times.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Didn't the majority of us mention that most individuals here expressed being unable/unwilling to go to WHOBO in those months before? At least changed their minds midway.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It is when it's your car, and you are able to schedule around it completely without having to rely on a system that's virtually out of your hands.
You can't say a thing about money, since he has it to spare.

Finally, I'm pretty sure none of us are going to really lose any sleep over missing a WHOBO. :applejack:
Well if WHOBO isn't interesting to you guys, I can't imagine you guys will ever come back for Ascensions in the future.

So goodbye everyone who doesn't fit in Nike's car. It was nice meeting you. :(

Tesh

Smash Hero
You guys keep saying Espy is going to be in the crew battle. You guys gonna set up nintendo wifi @ the venue?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had offers to help me get to WHOBO, but honestly, I'd rather not go if I can't share it with some of my SA buddies, and it's clear that a majority of them are unable to make it at this point in time. It's also stupid expensive.

That, and I might be booked for that weekend as is. :applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I had offers to help me get to WHOBO, but honestly, I'd rather not go if I can't share it with some of my SA buddies, and it's clear that a majority of them are unable to make it at this point in time. It's also stupid expensive.

That, and I might be booked for that weekend as is. :applejack:
I would really appreciate it if i had TEXANS attend a TEXAS event. Im not trying to be rude at all but this is kinda poopy imo. Ive already quit doing HOBOs and this is the last WHOBO so wouldn't it be kinda nice/cool/something if you guys help me send it off into the sunset as being a successful event? These events are only as good as YOU DUDES allow it to be. Without you, its a venue with a name. Thats it.

edit: if it help, just enter mid tier. no mks or other ******** ****. above all, come hang out with us one last time. after whobo 90% of houston is done with smash and will move on to marvel/cod....ect.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So you're essentially saying that what I feel is the biggest incentive for going to WHOBO is ridiculous? Listen Xyro, only one...two, maybe three at best will be attending from San Antonio, and that's that. We lack the resources and/or the ambition to commit to the trip, and it's clear that we don't care enough that it's "the last" Houston event. Otherwise, we'd have had a plan all set up.

We typically rely on a combination of Nike, and myself for rides, carpools, and setting all of this stuff up to even consider the possibility. Nike pretty much set up his own thing this time, and I've been busy tending to so many personal issues that frankly, I haven't had the chance to give a damn. Do I want to go? Do I want to meet everybody again and have a great time? Absolutely. More than anything else this summer. But my desire isn't going to help me deal with what's in my face at the moment, and I'm pretty sure that a decent chunk of our active scene would agree with me on at least SOME of these sentiments. This season completely crippled San Antonio's activity, so you need to realize that asking us to make this trip is asking for a goddamn miracle.

There's an awful lot working against me in trying to set up any way of getting to the event, and my inconventient life sure as heck hasn't been making any of these decisions ANY easier for me to make, much less get to. Sorry that we can't go, but no amount of asking isn't going to help, especially when you call my reasoning "poop". :applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
So you're essentially saying that what I feel is the biggest incentive for going to WHOBO is ridiculous? Listen Xyro, only one...two, maybe three at best will be attending from San Antonio, and that's that. We lack the resources and/or the ambition to commit to the trip, and it's clear that we don't care enough that it's "the last" Houston event. Otherwise, we'd have had a plan all set up.

We typically rely on a combination of Nike, and myself for rides, carpools, and setting all of this stuff up to even consider the possibility. Nike pretty much set up his own thing this time, and I've been busy tending to personal issues that frankly, I haven't had the chance to give a damn. Do I want to go? Absolutely, but that isn't going to help me deal with what's in my face at the moment.

There's an awful lot working against me in trying to set up any way of getting to the event, and my inconventient life sure as heck hasn't been making any of these decisions ANY easier for me to make, much less get to. Sorry that we can't go, but no amount of asking isn't going to help, especially when you call my reasoning "poop". :applejack:
.......................................................................welp

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wow Xyro, you make it seem like SA doesn't want to attend.
The core scene of course wants to go, I know I sure as hell do.

But what Ride, Hotel, and Money?

(if I have to explain some of it again like Tesh constantly saying Megabus for us)

Sure, I can ride Megabus... but I'd need a ride TO it in the first place, than once I'm in houston, a ride to where I'll be crashing (Hotel house etc.) and then ride from there to the tournament for the next two days going left and right.

Hotel/Place to stay: Nobody wants to stay at Sync's, nothing personal just full of people and possibly past the 20 mark for that apartment already. Nobody here in SA can book hotels outside of Tofer and Paw. Funny enough neither of them can drive, so like Espy said, only him and Nike we rely on for carpools and such.
No idea with Blondie or Dark Shifter now since both of them are kinda new to the SA scene.

Money: Well, I'm not gonna be talking about anyone else, but I have my own place. All my money goes to bills and remaining money ($22 in wallet right now) goes to food or survive on food I got last month for the current month and use the remaining money on Waste water, water, trash, and electricity.

My only chance of attending tournaments regularly again like 2010/2011 would be once I have Leaf. move in with me around September... even then I don't think the TX scene will even be alive so my money would probably just go to locals in SA and maybe APEX since I'd be splitting the bills with him and that'd leave around $300 in my pocket for anything.

And yeah... Espy is deeper in the hole for debt after getting out of surgery after all. Along with both his right tires being blown out and the (surprisingly) $60 in quarters he had saved being used on new tires. So the money that possibly could've been used on gas if he felt like risking our lives and making his ****ty car go to Houston, was sadly used earlier than expected but even if the blowouts didn't happen he couldn't take his car anyways.

Houston has Leaf. and know his problems with his car, take that and multiply it by 3 along with luck and you'll understand Espy has alot more problems with his car than Leaf. himself.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Aight so half my carpool flaked.
I have 2 spots in my carpool, under 2 conditions:

• Leaving friday at noon (picking up Zigsta from airport at 3:40) and coming back Monday.
  • I won't be the taxi from wherever you stay to the venue (and back), only to drop you off at the hotel on friday and when I come back that monday.

I feel bad about the whole situation, but honestly, I saw this coming months ago and confirmed housing with Zigsta when he was offering his hotel to everyone.

BioDG

Smash Ace
It's too bad so many of you guys can't/won't make it. I don't blame any of you, though. No reason why tournies ought to be considered top-priority if they don't need to be.

Good luck with everything, Espy, and I hope you guys show up every now and then post-whobo. :]

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I might be able to go with Nike (it helps a ****TON over Megabus) since his pool is open, but I need to talk to Infinity before I do anything.
I also need to figure out what's going down with my job stuff by Friday, as well as family issues to sort through. I'll have a definite yes/no by Friday for sure though. :applejack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom