• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh yeah do we need some last minute Peach tactical discussion?

Zeldas are gonna do some work tomorrow! Wish I could come but sighCanada.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I'm the most frustrated, tomorrow there's a tournament going on on Mexico City, but I can't go because I have no money u.u

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I thought ICs vs. Zelda wasn't too too bad for Zelda?

GL though Ed! Would love to see a Zelda do good.
It used to be good :( Zelda's aerials are terrible to keep ICs away, and ICs ground game is obviously to be feared. When ICs approach, they just have to make an easy read (guess whether or not Zelda's gonna spotdodge, fsmash, or roll) and ta-da, it's a grab!

Being poor sucks :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aww :( When I look for a job, I throw out like 25 resumes at one time and I always seem to get a job. Keep at it!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well that stinks w.r.t. the Zelda MU.

Being poor does stink. =/ I just only sent out 3 applications since I just moved here.

Also Peach vs. Zelda discussion? Sounds fun.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I said I was gonna do it as our next matchup discussion, so let me go type a little something up on the Peach matchup.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I will definitely be stopping in to talk/help about that MU haha. ^^
Well we've been on the Peach/Zelda matchup for weeks in our matchup thread, it's just nobody has really posted anything at all. I'll start it up soon and hopefully everybody can feed the flames a bit :)

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I've sent too much but nothing yet :/

or there are only jobs for like engineers and things like that... things that I can't/don't know how to do

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well we've been on the Peach/Zelda matchup for weeks in our matchup thread, it's just nobody has really posted anything at all. I'll start it up soon and hopefully everybody can feed the flames a bit :)
Oh, I see haha. Well I'll try and help feed flames to it.

I've sent too much but nothing yet :/

or there are only jobs for like engineers and things like that... things that I can't/don't know how to do
Have you tried sending in applications to hotels and restaurants if you are looking for a part-time job? That's what I've been doing lately.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Apparently you are three times more likely to get a job if you are already employed. My advice is to start small and work your way up. Mackas and wollies don't care if you're unemployed usually but once you're with them, just saying you're employed will help you with getting the job you want.

It's also infinitely better than waiting around for weeks, months, stretching in to years, all the while trying to explain to possible employers why you haven't had a job in three years. *shudder*

Rizen

Smash Legend
hopefully everybody can feed the flames a bit :)
be careful what you wish for...

Zelda/ICs got worse when that shield SDI>Grab tactic became better known. ICs can shield grab Zelda's Fsmash if it's poorly spaced. What was that AT called? Will somebody link it?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
be careful what you wish for...

Zelda/ICs got worse when that shield SDI>Grab tactic became better known. ICs can shield grab Zelda's Fsmash if it's poorly spaced. What was that AT called? Will somebody link it?
Ahhhhhh I get it. :p

Sorry, I noticed that when it was first posted but didn't really stop to think about it. >.>

In any case, waiting for the livestream. Guys this is gonna be awesome! :D

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Peach MU Discussion!

Peach has always been a huge challenge for Zelda players. Hopefully this small write-up will be of some help in this battle of princesses.

Let’s start off with the basics of Peach’s playstyle:

Floating
This is definitely the CRUX of Peach and honestly her saving grace in Brawl. Her float cancels allow her to string moves incredibly quickly without lag. Standard procedure has her floating at head-height, and using dair. Luckily, Zelda's up smash beats head-height approaches rather often, so Peaches will need to find new ways to approach.

Turnips
Turnips add another dimension into Peach's gameplay. The items she pulls out can range from the basic turnip (min. 5%) to the deadly Stitchface (min. 32%) and Bomb-omb. With turnips, Peach is given access to glide tossing and a variety of other gimmicks.

Chainthrow
Peach has a chainthrow on a good portion of the cast ranging from two to about seven. Luckily due to Zelda's attributes, this isn't a problem though Peach still has followups to this at low percents.

Close Quarters Combat
Peach boasts an extremely quick and dangerous CQC. Her frame 2 jab outspeeds every one of Zelda's moves not to mention the range of this move is incredible. Additionally, Peach's forward smash has high priority and range. Peach can also take her aerial game to the ground with the use of ground floating and float cancels.

Aerial Combat
Peach possesses one of the most unique aerial games thanks to her float game. Every one of Peach's aerial moves have their uses and can be very dangerous. More on this later.

Now that you have a decent idea of how Peach works, I will briefly explain each and every one of her moves and how they relate to Zelda.

Jab
One of the best jabs in the game. This is Peach's panic move since it has excellent range and speed at only 2 frames. It is also commonly used following a float cancelled fair, which may be one of the most broken strings in the game. Jab1 also leads to many possible followups, most commonly a grab. What can Zelda do? Not much. Definitely hold your shield even after Peach float cancel fairs you, or if you're quick do a shield grab. As this is Peach's #1 panic move, it can be read at times and punished. I would suggest punishing this with a dash attack, grab, or a down smash.

Dash Attack
This move is not used very often as it lacks speed and power, though good as a mixup for approaching once in a while. Can cancel Din's Fire.

Forward Tilt
Most commonly used as a followup for a low % down(chain)throw. It lasts long (similar to Zelda's utilt) and has kill potential on Zelda at around 140-150%. Can be used to punish airdodges.

Up Tilt
A very large hitbox with transcendent priority. It beats almost everybody's down airs and downward approaches. Zelda has no way to beat this move. If Peach is below Zelda on the ground, expect this move.

Down Tilt
A very underrated move that actually has a use in this matchup. This move can be used to duck and attack Zelda during her up smash. This move also has spiking potential so be wary when recovering back to the ledge. Otherwise, this move will not be used often.

Forward Smash
Peach swings a pan, golf club, or a tennis racquet and never repeats any one item. The pan deals the highest amount of damage, and has decent upwards knockback but the least range. The golf club has the farthest range and the most reliable horizontal knockback. The tennis racquet has mediocre damage and knockback unless tippered. A tippered tennis racket has incredible horizontal knockback, even with DI. Here's an example. This move is used often as a keepaway move/panic move. React accordingly!

Up Smash
Peach does a pirouette. When sweetspotted, it is possibly the strongest up smash in the game; otherwise, the move is rather pathetic. Against Zelda, this move can be used as an air dodge read or a Farore's read. Be careful not to be directly above Peach!

Down Smash
This is Peach's panic move. Peach surrounds herself with hitboxes and can do 21% at most (uncharged). It is also able to spike you at the ledge. There isn't much Zelda can do to counter it, but the move is long lasting leaving Peach open to punishment.

Neutral Air
Peach's combo breaker in the air. It's a frame 3 move with incredible priority. Since Zelda has no aerial combo potential, this won't be used as often for combo breaking. This move is powerful at high %. By releasing float right after the move is activated, Peach is able to activate both strong and weak hitboxes for a total of 22%. Nair is also one of Peach's OoS and ledge get up. Space your moves so you don't get punished since nair doesn't have large hitboxes. Autocancels and cancels Din's.

Back Air
Pretty much the same as Neutral Air, but it is not a combo breaker. It has hitboxes in front of Peach, so be careful. Autocancels and cancels Din's.

Down Air
One of Peach's most notorious moves. Very incredible combo potential and punishes shields, rolls, and spotdodges extremely well. Excellent SDI will help here and help prevent followups. If Peach floats at head-height, expect an incoming dair and respond with an up smash. Tilt your shield up so it doesn't shield poke you. Autocancels and cancels Din's.

Up Air
Really just a follow up move. Be careful when on platforms like on Battlefield because of this otherwise up air is not a huge concern. It can kill at mid-high % though. Autocancels and cancels Din's.

Forward Air
The infamous crown whack. It's strong, has range, and gives most characters a hard time. Zelda is no exception. It autocancels, combos (fair -> jab is broken!) and is safe on shield if spaced well. If spaced poorly or not auto-cancelled, shield grab! Fair is also commonly used as a ledge attack by pretty much all Peach players. Expect this move to be used... a LOT. If it's used too often, punish it! There is considerable start-up lag (I think around 15 frames) which is the one flaw of this move. Autocancels and cancels Din's.

Toad
Your run of the mill counter move. Has KO potential on the edges of stages. Peach won't be using this move too often but don't be predictable and punish predictable Toads!

More to come eventually~

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I have been fighting nothing but Snake in friendlies tonight for practice. If I lose to a Snake tomorrow at WHOBO 4, I'll pull my hair out. <.<
Watch you get Ultimate Razer in your pool. :smirk:

Still, I wish all of the Zeldas best of luck at WHOBO 4 tomorrow/today!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Up Smash
Peach does a pirouette. When sweetspotted, it is possibly the strongest up smash in the game; otherwise, the move is rather pathetic. Against Zelda, this move can be used as an air dodge read or a Farore's read. Be careful not to be directly above Peach!
My only query with this post. I never thought of it as that strong even when sweetspotted. Also, due to my main i'd dispute it as being the strongest Usmash... :smirk:

But then again I don't play peach so my argument is obviously skewed.

Apart from that it sounds pretty good and really interesting. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ivysaur has the strongest Usmash in the game but it's slow and only attacks for a couple frames. Several characters have better power (G&W etc) but Peach's speed makes her Usmash good. IMO Fox has the best (Olimar's is best depending on who you ask).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh? That's interesting. I always thought Lucas' would be the best. A fully charged Usmash from a Lucas will kill a jigglypuff at 30% or so. I can check that but i'm pretty sure those are the stats.

Wow, now I want to see ivy's fully charged Usmash (wants to see a jiggs KO'ed at 20%).

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hmm, Lucas does not have the strongest Usmash, but it is pretty strong.

I'm surprise no mentioned like Ike/DK. Imo, Olimar's is the most efficient.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ike's Usmash is surprisingly weak compared to his Fsmash.

Olimar's... His has a good combination of strength and speed, depending on the Pikmin obviously.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ivy's uncharged Usmash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoQMQfekjBM&feature=player_detailpage#t=49s

1 However repetitious you can be I can be more so, I can be more repetitious than you.
2 I can repeat, it's quite a feat.
1 I can be more repetitious than you.
2 No you can't.
1 I can be more repetitious than you.
2 No you caaaaaan't! ...wait, damn!
1 *smirk face* I can be more repetitious than you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh wow, heya Rizen. I didn't realize another person from CO was here haha. ^^"

Love the song reference.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If she grabs Wario at like 90%, Wario is pretty much dead.

EDIT for Whobo update: Aparently Mocha is doing great in doubles.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh wow, heya Rizen. I didn't realize another person from CO was here haha. ^^"
Hi. There aren't many CO people anywhere:urg:.
Not sure which one is stronger, but Peach's sweetspotted up smash is extremely powerful. I remember killing a Fox at 65% with a half charged up smash on BF (lower platform), lol.

Check this out: http://youtu.be/I6bDOvrk5jE?t=3m14s
A fully charged smash KOing Lucas at 102% (final damage) and an uncharged Usmash KOing Snake at 104% are very different. Peach has a good Usmash but there are several more powerful and/or better. I think Link's sour Dair is more powerful than Peach's uncharged Usmash. Ivy's charged Usmash has the best upwards launch power of any move in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQPYZ9SokDI&feature=youtu.be

Edit good luck at WHOBO Zeldas! Mocha's got this for dubz ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow you guys are going crazy over one mistake, my goodness. Scaring me from posting again >_>

Rizen

Smash Legend
'However strong Peach can Usmash, Ivy can Usmash stronger. Ivy can Usmash stronger than Peach'
Peach: No you can't.
Ivysaur: Ivy.
Peach: No you can't!
Ivysaur: Ivy!
(together)
Peach: No you can't! No you can't! No you caaaaaaaan't!
Ivysaur: Ivy! Ivy! Iiiiiiiivvyyyyyyy!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
'However strong Peach can Usmash, Ivy can Usmash stronger. Ivy can Usmash stronger than Peach'
Peach: No you can't.
Ivysaur: Ivy.
Peach: No you can't!
Ivysaur: Ivy!
(together)
Peach: No you can't! No you can't! No you caaaaaaaan't!
Ivysaur: Ivy! Ivy! Iiiiiiiivvyyyyyyy!
I died.
10died

Top Bottom