• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is S+ tier, obviously.
For those who don't know about it already, come check it out! http://xat.com/Caffeinated It is active at random times, and empty at random times. It is fun being in there though. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't get it?
In the South Park episode 'Spooky Fish' Cartman says 'hella' before a lot of words and it makes Kyle mad. Like "You guys are hella stupid."
That's the only place I've heard it so I assumed you might be making an inside joke reference.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
In the South Park episode 'Spooky Fish' Cartman says 'hella' before a lot of words and it makes Kyle mad. Like "You guys are hella stupid."
That's the only place I've heard it so I assumed you might be making an inside joke reference.
I remember that episode. It was starting to make me mad too. But then I got over it. lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well if there is any inside joke I'm certainly not aware of it.

My next semester's schedule! (Luckily I got 1 course exemption this semester!)

D

Deleted member 189823

Most Zeldas I saw personally sucked (and I don't mean they play bad, they just do boring stuff like camping or spamming smashes).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
While Zelda definitely loses to Marth, her options against the general playstyles you see from Marth is actually quite effective. Plainly and simply, down tilt and dash attack are pretty good.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's a strange matchup for Marth until he figures out how Zelda works. Kinda like fighting Bowser, where the Marth player might get disoriented because their usual tactics don't work.

Once Zelda gets chucked offstage, the matchup starts spiraling out of control.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
dash attack can be helpful for punishing many shielded aerials, and can be a decent follow up for certain situations, I like it when it works in these situations :o

dtilt against marth... hmmm I don't remember what could be done, but if somehow you can make it hit at like 60 - 70ish near the edge it can be very bad for the guy with the sword and tiara :3

Rizen

Smash Legend
Marth's faster, generally more powerful, and has a better reach than Zelda; he's also great at punishing. Before Zelda can work her magic (pun <3) in this MU she has to get past that and Din's is not a good projectile for it :( . Zelda can sweetspot attacks with more power but Marth's tippers are longer/faster/easier to sweetspot.
Zelda's recovery has to be spot-on or she'll take a nasty slashing and has trouble recovering back down to the stage too. Marth's overall recovery has about the same distance and is just better. Zelda's at risk intercepting offstage but Marth's great at it.
Zelda has good stuff IF she can find an opening, which happens but Marth controls the match.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Marth bullies Zelda super hard once he gets her offstage, and it's where the matchup starts falling apart for her.

Zelda is very reliant on good double jump usage to get back onstage. When Zelda loses her double Jump, her Farore recovery angles become severely limited, and Marth does an amazing job against exploitable recoveries. It's like when Marth gets Snake offstage. It's extremely hard for the Snake player to get back onstage without dying or taking tons of damage in the process.

Is this matchup winnable? Yeah of course it is. However, it's hard. It's really hard if the Marth knows what he's doing.

dash attack can be helpful for punishing many shielded aerials
The fastest Dash Attack Zelda can do OoS is 13 frames.

I'm a bit confused here, since Zelda shouldn't be able to punish Marth's aerials with Dash Attack unless Marth wasn't spacing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The fastest Dash Attack Zelda can do OoS is 13 frames.

I'm a bit confused here, since Zelda shouldn't be able to punish Marth's aerials with Dash Attack unless Marth wasn't spacing.
Or it was Dair.
But nobody should be using a falling Dair on a grounded opponent (although Ramin does it).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
We heard you.
Oh ya it's just people were like "Oh my gosh she CAN!?!?!" And I.. kinda.. felt the need... to answer... and... mllleeuuuuu.... *sticks out tongue*

@Shaya: perfect timing, as always (ahaaaa I get it....).

Man, i remember back when I was such a no-body player and wasn't in the competitive scene and I though zelda was soooooo good because I always felt that din's fire was the bomb. (pun intended :cool: )

Ahh, the days when i was a little smasher.

In any case, i'm from australia, does that make me... Oh NOOOOO! *sees the world upside down*

D:

What have you done guys?

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
MrEh, that gif is so creepy....

But yeah, I was trying to play Zelda. I think I may play her more for doubles only. I was told not to play her at all but I've seen Zelda do some amazing things and I don't understand why she is bad. MU maybe?

MrEh

Smash Hero
You should play whatever character you want as long as that's what you like playing.

Zelda is just an extremely flawed character. She's one of the slowest characters in the game, and her moves are usually slow and extremely unsafe. She also has a very poor recovery.

She's a character that seems really good at first glance, but then people stop running into your smashes and Zelda has an extremely hard time hitting people. Or protecting herself for that matter.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
MrEh, that gif is so creepy....

But yeah, I was trying to play Zelda. I think I may play her more for doubles only. I was told not to play her at all but I've seen Zelda do some amazing things and I don't understand why she is bad. MU maybe?
If you feel confident enough to do stuff with her, stick to Zelda. She needs more representatives!

D

Deleted member 189823

I thought Marth completely dominated Zelda.
Bowser on the other hand may have a chance of an even MU, as it is some sort of spacing contest between the two, and Bowser can take a million hits and kill Marth at ~120% easily.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser/Marth is only even if the Marth player doesn't know the matchup.

And yeah, Marth does beat Zelda pretty hard.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was playing this marth that tried to plank me once, and he did some fancy bair off stage trying to hit me through the stage and I down smashed him which was lol.

/random

Top Bottom