• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prisoner's Dilemma Mafia- Fish

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
OS, to say you don't have a reputation is to say I don't have a reputation. You are part of the club who gets lynched because they "seem too towny" or other things.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, to say you don't have a reputation is to say I don't have a reputation. You are part of the club who gets lynched because they "seem too towny" or other things.
Oh trust me, I know. I won my first game here then never lived past D3. I started making sure I died on D3 as scum simply because town would lynch me by default.

I'm just kind of sick of my reputation being used as a logic tool. "Well this makes sense, but he IS Overswarm so I'm not budging" kind of stuff.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dude, I know your pain probably a bit too well because it honestly does suck that when you are considered one of the "scariest" players you get illogical flak.

Anyways I am placing my vote here:

Vote: No Lynch

I requested a room ban till Sunday so when we go into the night phase I will most likely be back by then.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Actually that makes a little bit of sense, so I can see where you're coming from. Dark Horse posted "4 hours until deadline", which implies a NA wasn't sent.

However:

1) That was on D1. Kuz was inactive mostly D2 if I recall. I'd have to check, but if I'm correct in my recollection this is pretty damning in that regard.

2) KevinM / July both had to send in actions and it could be as simple as one of them forgot or, as you said, KevinM is super inactive all the time. He literally didn't send in a single Night Action in one of my mafia games and he was batman and had like 5 abilities. I can see the post being a reminder for KevMo.

Why don't you consider BSL a suspect? Why not me?

That's bugging me because you look at the night kills and say "Man, these night kills don't add up!" and your conclusion is still the same guy, but the kills were random?

If the kills were random it could have been anyone. They could have themselves chosen randomly.
BSL/Nabe is my top town pick, due to BSL's D1, his post were only scummier to me from a mafia standpoint, Serial killer I feel like is easier from a scum standpoint to fake scum hunting. Easier to feel safe even in this set-up since all you gotta do is avoid a lynch as a Serial killer outside of shoot scum.

As for you...umm well your plan as a serial killer, since I always consider a plan you have in mind when I think of scum OS. Well...I don't see it. You can and wlll outplay me, which is where my skeptical side comes from. I'm not sure 100% if I'm reading you right. I'm more so sure I trust you over Kuz due to what he did with voting Gorf more so, my biggest tell to me of scumKuz.

I'm considering random kills a lot.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If the kills were after deadline then they could either be random or not, Dark Horse could just be a safe mod. We don't get a guarantee without seeing the kill occur before deadline ended.

vote: No Lynch

I'm pretty much done with toDay. Someone will die toNight and I have more questions now than I did earlier. Zen is still scummy but Red Ryu is playing like town Ryu so I'm going to re-read and get some more information for tomorrow. We aren't going to get much more toDay.

I do want to hear your case on Kuz tomorrow and why the gorf thing was scummy though, so that prior to No Lynch hammer would be good

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Votecount:
Overswarm [0]:
J [0]:
Red Ruy [0]:
Nabe [0]:
No Lynch [2]: OS, J

Not Voting: RR, Nabe

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch!
Deadline is this Saturday, 11:59 P.M EST

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Vote: No Lynch

I'm leaning J.

Serial Killer:
Leaving me alive is beneficial to you. If I'm alive, the Day boils down very simply to you trying to convince me that the third is scum. There's no pretense there; the other townie will have just as much conviction on you, making it a simple battle of words. If I'm dead, you'll have a more complicated time of it, having to pretend that you're considering all options while you really try to pit the two other players against each other.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Votecount:
Overswarm [0]:
J [0]:
Red Ruy [0]:
Nabe [0]:
No Lynch [3]: OS, J, Nabe

Not Voting: RR

A no lynch has occurred. It is now Night 3. Send in your actions by Monday, December 10th, 11:59 p.m. EST

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Nabe, Regular Guard, Vanilla Townie, was killed during the night!

Day 4 Begins! Deadline set to Saturday, December 15, 11:59 P.M EST

Votecount:
Overswarm [0]:
J [0]:
Red Ruy [0]:

Not Voting: OS, J, RR

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm about to leave to spend the day with my family. No one vote, please.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Same, I just checked while letting my little cousins play Zombie U ^_^

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
ISOing from work as I go.

Page 2: OS is straight null here but busy, Kuz is relatively the same, Trying to see where he goes with questioning BSL.

Page 3: Kuz asking Soup dropping BSL ATM, focuses on Soups stances with no activity. OS posts giant plan, straight null he would do it as any alignment. I'm confused by Kuz's #98, I think OS is leading to something to talk about, wants BSL dead doesn't say why. OS #101 actually looks better on a reread, seems more like trying to avoid manipulation than cause it via what Zen was doing.

Stoping at that post will get back to this on my break.

:phone:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I appreciate the ISO, but I thought you had a case on Kuz? It feels like you're making it up as you go along after pushing on Kuz yesterday.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rereading then case, trying to layout my thoughts in the open as I go with this.

My case is more so with what happened near the end of D1.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Page 3 continued: OS has done good questions and a kingmaker idea he pitcher, I don't fully see the town's favor thing, I see it as being dangerously risky if it went threw. Kuz is fine with Zen question, OS's comment to Zen is more nullish than town this time. OS directs to Gorf, can see use to this. Kuz asks Soup the same question about the OS read, gives a quick no kingmaker stance, why is Kuz so brief this game?

OS's plan again from OS fine, same null as before. Kuz response is bad, doesn't have a direct reason that isn't any different from normal, outlier for scum to hide can exist on any kind of Info or plan, yeah scum can hide with it, i do this as scum to fake content, but as good players show you can still read into intent via questioning. Will continue later.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
OS if you want to know my case is about Kuz's Indy call out on you, his Gorf vote and the night kills, but I'll get to each when I hit those points, I know your gonna hate the NK stuff it's wifomy but more like a cherry on top rather than the meat if it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright, I'm back from V/LA and this game I am getting at first since I feel this will be the easiest to respond to. What I would like to post about is why I feel RR's slot is the indy. But it is going to be a stream of consciousness post giving myself a rehash of both slots.

My first thing I would like to bring up is the fact that I have OS as a stronger town read than Zen's slot. OS was one of my mafia reads with July but then she and KevinM flipped town so that went out the door. I honestly don't think OS is indy for a couple of reasons and yes they do revolve around set-up speculation that he did but he was all for working for the mafia's/town's greater good in the beginning and I honestly don't put it past him to do something of this nature to get town points but the intent to me read towny. I just don't see OS as the indy. The kills do somewhat make sense though from an OS indy point of view. He kind of kept the other power/mysterious players around to cause some WIFOM that one of them would have to be scum in the end (I.E Himself/Kuzi/Zen) then taking out the next two powerful players around (I.E. July/Soup) but here's another point in favor of OSindy which would have to be to have kept RR around. I remember OS saying something about RR being the best person in DGames to read him which in itself seems counterproductive to keep him around, but RR has said since he replaced in that he has OS as a town read. Now this is just a WIFOM point but it's been on my mind. OS' play, for me, doesn't indicate indy. His play come's across as looking out for the greater good which isn't what an indy wnats. Indy wants to be cautious and OS has been anything but.

However, if we are to look at Zen, I see indy much more in his play. Zen is someone I have never been wrong on a read for. Like ever. I know that doesn't really mean much especially in this situation but yeah. Anyways, my reasoning for ZenIndy is because he was playing "appeal to others" which Zen only does as scum. The action in itself is scummy regardless of the person who does it. It just means a lot more to me when Zen is the one doing it. Earlier D1 he was appeasing Kuzi and just trying to skate by. Then when Kuzi started to turn on him he reacted poorly under the pressure. I don't think the replace out has anything to do with it but it was just uncouthe. But saying that, he also deflected his pressure onto weaker candidates. He wasn't looking for scum, he was moreso looking for someone he could just lynch and get into the night phase. Mainly the push he made on BadWolf D1 and then scapegoating the V/LA candidates just for the hell of it. Which really reeked to me.

RR by himself has just been coasting which I can't really fault him for due to the inactivity this game has had and no one really posting. He hasn't though given many concrete reads since he has been in the game. Even now, he is not putting his foot down and wanting to lynch a specific person. Yes, it's LyLo, but yesterDay he was saying he wanted me dead but toDay he is taking a step back and being more precautious of where he wants to go. This has been pretty much what RR has done. He has said he has had his eye on a lot of people but let's everyone do the dirty work.

Anyways that's my opinion, I would like RR to be gone toDay because I feel his slot is the indy mostly based on Zen's play.

Top Bottom