• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Like hell you would. No one in that cast was stopping us after N1. No one on DGames was stopping us after N1. The only prayer you had of being heard at that point was to convince us we were wrong.

Kevin, you act like I said I don't care. That implies I'm not going to learn from it. I said I don't regret it and I stand by that. I made the best decisions I feel I could have made with the information at hand. The only regret I have is that I didn't push to lynch Ruy before Joey and control EVERY lynch in the game because I was being lazy that week. I can regret nothing and still care about the results.

Your lynch wasn't inevitable, you had a piece that I didn't. Your flip. I understand why you were lynched and it was PoE based on the motivation for following through on that lock down and there being no kill. It took your flip to make me start looking for things that I thought were absolutely outrageous (read: two mafias). It's your job to come up with the answer and then sell me. Easy? No. Inevitable death? Also no.

For people complaining, you can suck my ****. If given a chance to call all the shots in the game, then of course I'm gonna ****ing take it. I've got more confidence in Ryker's reads than in anyone else's on this site. If you're seriously telling me to not play to my reads then you're going to have to peddle your wares elsewhere and if you see a game where I have a lockdown on the way the game is going to be played, then your best shot is to not ***** about it, but rather explain to me WHY you believe I'm wrong or why your idea is better. In a situation like that, pointing at something and saying "Just do it" like some kind of Nike spokesperson isn't going to sell any Air Jordans. I'll look into it, but I won't necessarily find anything and I will have probably looked already because if I have the game on lock, it means I care enough to be completely up to date.

I'll own up that I was wrong on this game. I'll look at what happened next time to make a better decision, but the next time I'm still going to make the decision rather than backing off and going, "Nah Kev, I'll just do it your way."
Your attitude is the reason you lose games.

Town is supposed to inherently work together and learn from flips, not have Ryker try and run the show every game because he's SOOoooo much better at Mafia then everyone else.

Frankly every game you play you look to control the thread first and hunt second. Your ability at the first one is pretty solid but I'll be damned in after the 10 or so games I've played with you in recent time compliment the second one. You have lost town more games in recent memory then any other player on the site, that is not me being mean or disliking your style of play that is fact.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Murder was confirmed but now with flips they weren't really. Well I'll be.

Why does every game Ryker is in and then has a hand (this one more than others) result in just tearing him a new one? I mean get the reason and all but it's just so..."dry". It gets old after every game and so what if people have bad games every now and then.

I just don't know anymore. *sigh*

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because I was 100% convinced he was a detriment to town.

I will lynch based on who can win town a game even if it means I'm lynching a townie.

I've done it to force strong end game teams and I've done it to get players whom are openly impeding town's progress.

It was also due to just frustration of him throwing a game away and being blinded by his own ego.

@J don't know what you mean but if you're implying that people are getting on Ryker's case it's because we are all actively looking to improve I'm sure and Ryker has lately been prone to just throwing and or making games unplayable.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The **** was this, Kevin?

After we shot Ruy?
Again like I said, frustration.

You had fought me tooth and nail on every GF, lynched Swiss, had two incorrect reads that I severely disagreed with, tried to pin me as scum after I was confirmed for visiting the scum member that died and claiming RB.

You guys at that point were a liability to town.

You then proved with your play that you were a detriment to town.

I'm not saying my play was flawless.

Hell I think I played bad this game. But I played bad because ONCE again I was unable to play mafia in a game dominated by the Ryker show.

But you know what I won't do, is come in here and say I regret nothing from this game.

**** I regret signing up for another game that was just going to get thrown away..

And yes forgive me for the fact that I'm SALTY at a game for once. But it's happened time and time again and frankly I'm just annoyed.

I don't roll town very often, hell I roll town maybe once out of every 8 games. And the one time I do, feel like my reads are solid and feel like I have an opportunity to work with players (swiss comes to mind) it is utterly dominated by CENTER STAGE MURDERBUSH WE SHALL ACQUIRE ALL THREAD POWER AND GFS USE THEM INCORRECTLY AND THEN HARP ON ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS IN THREAD BECAUSE THEY DARE CHALLENGE US!??!?!?!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man I thought JTB serial killer at the end for sure, but not a two man scum team lol, oh well shame on me for not thinking of a second faction, though with two vig roles and being on a 3 man who couldn't kill I was certain there was only an Indy Serial killer running around as Ultimecia.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J don't know what you mean but if you're implying that people are getting on Ryker's case it's because we are all actively looking to improve I'm sure and Ryker has lately been prone to just throwing and or making games unplayable.
I can't believe I'm doing this in all honesty but here it goes.

I get that people are trying to improve but we try and implement the same thing to everyone which is don't be a **** after games are said and done. The actions have happened and what's done is done. Ryker is only mainly getting flak is because he is someone who is there to make choices. What I don't agree with is giving ALL the flak to Ryker because 1 person can't make a lynch count. There has to be votes. Yes, Ryker was a huge voice, but the thing is, town ****'d up too by agreeing with him and not going with what they want. Scum do tend to hide behind the biggest voice if it is in their favor. However, when Ryker has had scum in his jaws, his method words.

Ryker has lately been more about making games less of a team effort which I do agree on to some degree after being on the receiving end of it quite a few times recently. But, it's just a bit of a bad rut so to say. I mean Ryker has proved himself as a good player so I don't get why he needs to prove himself EVERY game. No one can do that at all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Ryker just isn't "spectacular" lately and that's fine. I agree on him taking more of a backseat when he is talking about trying to lead a game his way. It has reprocautions but yeah.

I don't know what I'm saying anymore and am going to stop but it's just =/ lately.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Btw thanks for replacing in J, you would have run it to the end with Inferno at the end, shame we couldn't for a lynch the last day. :/

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Btw thanks for replacing in J, you would have run it to the end with Inferno at the end, shame we couldn't for a lynch the last day. :/
It was totally my fault on that one. I was away from Finals and the deadline got cut short so i couldn't come in. I tried my best but it still wasn't enough in the end. =/ Seems that way in all my games lately.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I haven't read the game but I don't see where Kevin is giving Ryker "flak". I think a fair share of constructive criticism hasn't hurt anybody yet.

Good stuff, JTB! :bee:

:059:

Kantrip

Kantplay
KWK, you were obvi scum this game though. Ryker/Raz were coming for you next after Inferno. But I had you pegged as the indy because I never expected another duo mafia. I also don't get how your side won when we got the Double-Vote GF, besides your NK.

5 scum really threw things through a loop. Oh wells, had fun replacing in though. Even though I didn't do much and just really QT'd Raz/Ryker to catch up with them since I hadn't talked to either of them in a while but yeah.

Poor Bubbles stuck in that LyLo situation. Best townie by far imo.
2 scum vs 2 scum

You guys alpha one of us with the double vote.

We kill one of you.

1 scum vs 1 scum.

No lynch.

Night Kill.

Pretty straightforward.

Also, I was not obvscum. Ryker and Raz trusted us quite a bit, and putting us after Inferno by PoE was still too little too late because after an Inferno lynch was our win anyways. You can say we were obvscum, but we survived so I guess it wasn't obvious enough.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nah I should have played better but then I repeated that damn scumtell that Raz/Ryker got in League worked and was right here.

Gah, I had day 1 play down then I botched it all Day 2.

Still J it happens, School > Mafia thanks to you and Inferno for working together with me on this. :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And yes forgive me for the fact that I'm SALTY at a game for once. But it's happened time and time again and frankly I'm just annoyed.

I don't roll town very often, hell I roll town maybe once out of every 8 games. And the one time I do, feel like my reads are solid and feel like I have an opportunity to work with players (swiss comes to mind) it is utterly dominated by CENTER STAGE MURDERBUSH WE SHALL ACQUIRE ALL THREAD POWER AND GFS USE THEM INCORRECTLY AND THEN HARP ON ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS IN THREAD BECAUSE THEY DARE CHALLENGE US!??!?!?!
I'm sorry, but

Final Votecount Day 1:

[7] TwilightSparkle mUrDErBUSh, Red Ryu, Inferno3044, Swiss, Boss, Anomandaris_Rake, TwilightSparkle

You agreed with me here. Day 2 you said KWK or Swiss and we went with the latter. Day 3 you pushed the lynch through on Joey. Day 4 you were lynched.

I do try and gain thread power. Regardless of what your perception of what my priorities are, I can do that and scum hunt at the same time, in fact, I do. I made several attempts throughout the game to work with you and Swiss specifically and BOTH of you whether through being lazy, being busy, or ignoring me, blew your shot at it because you never put in the effort to convince me that I was wrong. I would bring something up (such as why Orbo was town) and you would disagree with me, but never back it up when I asked why.

You know what got you lynched? KWK working with me. I didn't piece together two mafia, so him working with me to what seemed to be the detriment of his team or to hurt his own chances of victory as an indy or even indy two man team.

I played a very open book game. I left all my thoughts sans things I thought may be flavor/role crumbs on the table for you all to see and I strove to get you guys to work with me, but I got stonewalled on that front. That was a lot more effort than I generally put forth on games (thank Raz for that) and was a completely open call for advice. Do NOT blame this one solely on me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
2 scum vs 2 scum

We kill one of you.

1 scum vs 1 scum.

No lynch.

Night Kill.

Pretty straightforward.

Also, I was not obvscum. Ryker and Raz trusted us quite a bit, and putting us after Inferno by PoE was still too little too late because after an Inferno lynch was our win anyways. You can say we were obvscum, but we survived so I guess it wasn't obvious enough.
You were out indy choice the entire game. It's not like we were going to straight up tell you that. Turns out it was two mafia though.

Rajam

Smash Champion
~ Roles ~

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~​

Dr. Kadowaki, Town Doctor

Dr. Kadowaki is a non-playable character from Final Fantasy VIII. She is the resident doctor, or "school nurse," at Balamb Garden's infirmary and treats Squall's injury in the beginning of the game. During the Garden's internal dispute incited by Master NORG, she remains at her post to treat anyone who is injured, no matter who they are allied with. During the Battle of the Gardens Dr. Kadowaki comes up to the bridge to report to Squall how the war is advancing, and urges him to hold a speech to motivate the troops.

Active Abilities
Heal: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Protect: Target player. That Night Phase the target player will be protected from Night Kills (they'll fail if used on him). You can't use this ability on yourself.

Restrictions
You can't use Heal more than twice in the game.

Win Conditions
You are Town aligned and you win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.
Edea Kramer, Town Miller & Vote Manipulator

Edea Kramer, also known as Sorceress Edea, is a character from Final Fantasy VIII. A mysterious woman appointed as ambassador to Galbadia, she acts as the primary antagonist of the first half of the game.

Active Abilities
Manipulate: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Manipulate: Target player A, Target player B. Player A will be forced to vote against player B in player A's first post during the following Day Phase, and player A can't change his vote during that Day Phase. If player A fails to accomplish this restriction, his vote won't count that Day Phase, and will receive a permanent mod-vote (Mod-votes can't lynch nor hammer on their own). You can pick "No Lynch" as target player B. Player A will receive the next notification regarding all this at the end of that Night Phase:

"An ability has affected you!

In your first post during the following Day Phase, you must vote against Player B, and you can't change that vote until the end of that Day Phase. If you fail to accomplish this restriction, your vote won't count during that Day Phase, and you'll receive a permanent mod-vote (Mod-votes can't lynch nor hammer on their own)."

6 Malboro Tentacles: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: 6 Malboro Tentacles. There are other two similar abilities around there, 6 Remedy+ and 6 Steel Pipes, and once all these three abilities have been used, Doomtrain, Spreader of Diseases GF will appear on the game.

If at the end of each Night Phase this ability isn't used successfully for whatever reason, then it will be reassigned to another player randomly at the end of that Night Phase. If you die while in possession of this ability, then it will be instantly reassigned to another player randomly. This ability will permanently disappear once it has been used successfully.

Passive Abilities
Possessed by Ultimecia: If any player investigates your alignment, they'll be informed that you're Mafia instead of Town.

Restrictions
You can't use Manipulate more than thrice in the game.

Win Conditions
You are Town aligned and you win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.
Ellone, Town Doctor

Ellone is an important, non-playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. Before the events of the game, Ellone was sought by Sorceress Adel as her successor, but was rescued when Adel was sealed away. During the plot of Final Fantasy VIII, Ellone is pursued by Ultimecia in her quest to compress all of time.

Active Abilities
Time Protection: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Protect: Target player. If that Night Phase the target player is Night Killed, instead, you'll intercept the murderer, and hence that Night Kill will fail. You can't use this ability on yourself.

Restrictions
You can't use Time Protection more than twice in the game.

Win Conditions
Irvine Kinneas, Town Role Blocker

Irvine Kinneas is a playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. An expert gunman known as the "Best Shooter in Garden", he is a consummate ladies' man whose reputation for cherishing the company of women is almost as well known as his accuracy with the gun.

Active Abilities
Quick Shot: Once per Night Phase, you may send me a PM with the command Shot: Target player. All the active abilities (including eventual Night Kills) used by the chosen player will fail that Night Phase.

Restrictions
You can't use Quick Shot more than twice in the game.

Win Conditions
Kiros Seagill, Town Vigilante

Kiros Seagill is a temporary playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. Kiros has a caring personality and a sharp wit. He fights alongside his friends Laguna and Ward in the Galbadian army and helps Laguna make decisions. He later quits the Galbadian army with Laguna and Ward.

Active Abilities
Kill: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Kill: Target Player. That player will be killed at the end of that Night Phase.

Restrictions
You can't use Kill more than once in the game.

Special Information
Your Kill ability is the slowest Night Kill in the Night Actions Resolution.

Win Conditions
Laguna Loire, Vengeful Townie

Laguna Loire is a temporarily playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. For most of the game the player experiences Laguna through playable flashbacks that are explained to the player as the main characters' dreams. Laguna is the father of Squall Leonhart, and his weapon of choice is the machine gun.

Passive Abilities
Desperado: If you die, you can send me a PM with the command Kill: Target player within the next 24 hours after you have been set to die and informed of such. You will kill the target player immediatly after your death (you die first, then the target player). This kill will be publicly attributed to Laguna Loire. You can't use this ability if you die due to a mod-kill.

Win Conditions
Quistis Trepe, Town Role Cop

Quistis Trepe is a playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. She is a child prodigy and Blue Mage Instructor No. 14 at Balamb Garden. Her fans are known to be referred as "Trepies" after her in-game fan club.

Active Abilities
Blue Magic: Once per Night Phase, you may send me a PM with the command Investigate: Target player. At the end of that Night Phase you’ll receive the description of one specific active ability (without the name of the ability) of the chosen player.

6 Steel Pipes: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: 6 Steel Pipes. There are other two similar abilities around there, 6 Remedy+ and 6 Malboro Tentacles, and once all these three abilities have been used, Doomtrain, Spreader of Diseases GF will appear on the game.

If at the end of each Night Phase this ability isn't used successfully for whatever reason, then it will be reassigned to another player randomly at the end of that Night Phase. If you die while in possession of this ability, then it will be instantly reassigned to another player randomly. This ability will permanently disappear once it has been used successfully.

Restrictions
You can't use Blue Magic more than twice in the game.

Win Conditions
Rinoa Heartilly, Town Tracker

Rinoa Heartilly is a female protagonist and playable character from Final Fantasy VIII. She is best known for her trademark angel wings printed on the back of her duster sweater and, as such, her "character symbol" is a white feather that signifies the wings. She serves as Squall Leonhart's love interest and awakens as a sorceress halfway through the game.

Active Abilities
Angelo Search: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Track: Target player. At the end of that Night Phase, you’ll be informed of which players the target player visited with active abilities during that same Night Phase.

Restrictions
You can't use Angelo Search more than twice in the game.

Win Conditions
Fujin, Rebel Teacher

Fujin is a character from Final Fantasy VIII, and a member of Balamb Garden's Disciplinary Committee, alongside Raijin and Seifer Almasy. She has silver hair, an eye patch covering her left eye, and uses a chakram in battle. Fujin's most distinguishable trait is her manner of speech. Fujin speaks in one-word sentences, usually shown in all-capitals in the text boxes (e.g. "RAGE!" or "LIAR!"), though later in the game she is seen to speak more prominently, even speaking a full sentence at one point.

Active Abilities
Teach: Up to twice per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Teach: Target player, Target Ability. At the end of that Night Phase, the target player will receive the target ability. You can't target yourself with this ability, and you can't choose a same Target ability more than once. The target abilities which you can choose are only the ones in the next list:

• Stun: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use as Bait: Target Player. All the players that targeted with active abilities the target player that Night Phase will receive a mod-vote during the following Day Phase (Mod-votes can't lynch nor hammer on their own). Those mod-votes will disappear after that Day Phase is over. You can't use this ability more than once during the game.
  • Bodyguard: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Bodyguard: Target Player. If at the end of that Night Phase the target player dies, you'll die in his place instead (your death can't be blocked nor prevented in this case). You can't use this ability more than once during the game.
  • Gamble: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: Gamble. A coin will be flipped: Heads, then the following Day Phase your vote will count by twice its normal amount; Tails, your vote will not count the following Day Phase (you'll be notified of the result of the coin flip). You can't use this ability more than once during the game.

Passive Abilities
Rebel Communication: You can communicate freely with Red Ryu ( Raijin, Rebel Backup ), and Kary ( Seifer Almasy, Rebel Hero ), by using the next Quick Topic:
http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/vBMKmCwpwzw
Transcribe in there any conversation you may have by other means.

Restrictions
You can't use Teach more than twice in the game.

Safe Claim
Cid Kramer, Town Teacher

Cid Kramer is the founder of SeeD and headmaster of Balamb Garden in Final Fantasy VIII. He is the overseer of both school operations and SeeD operations in general, meaning he has little time for other endeavors despite his wish to the contrary.

Active Abilities
Teach: Up to twice per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Teach: Target player, Target Ability. At the end of that Night Phase, the target player will receive the target ability. You can't target yourself with this ability, and you can't choose a same Target ability more than once. The target abilities which you can choose are only the ones in the next list:

• Stun: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use as Bait: Target Player. All the players that targeted with active abilities the target player that Night Phase will receive a mod-vote during the following Day Phase (Mod-votes can't lynch nor hammer on their own). Those mod-votes will disappear after that Day Phase is over. You can't use this ability more than once during the game.
  • Bodyguard: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Bodyguard: Target Player. If at the end of that Night Phase the target player dies, you'll die in his place instead (your death can't be blocked nor prevented in this case). You can't use this ability more than once during the game.
  • Gamble: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: Gamble. A coin will be flipped: Heads, then the following Day Phase your vote will count by twice its normal amount; Tails, your vote will not count the following Day Phase (you'll be notified of the result of the coin flip). You can't use this ability more than once during the game.

Restrictions
You can't use Teach more than twice in the game.

Win Conditions
Win Conditions
You are Rebel aligned and you win when all threats to the Rebels have been eliminated or nothing can prevent that. In the event of a tie between Rebels and some other alignment, Rebels win.
Raijin, Rebel Backup

Raijin is a character from Final Fantasy VIII. He plays the role of Seifer's lackey and is fought against as a boss. He, Fujin, and their leader Seifer, make up the Balamb Garden Disciplinary Committee. Raijin has dark skin, wears a purple vest, and says "ya know?" at the end of his sentences. Fujin tends to kick him when he talks out of line or does something stupid, which is often. He also seems to have a fondness for insects, as he has checked out several books on insects from the Balamb Garden library.

Active Abilities
Backup: Once in the game at any moment, you can send me a PM with the command Backup: Target player. Immediatly after that player dies, you'll receive a predetermined ability of that player along with eventual restrictions associated to that ability. You can't target a player which has already flipped. This ability doesn't enter into the Night Actions Resolution, and can't be blocked nor prevented in any way.

Magic Lamp: Once per Day Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: Magic Lamp. Diablos, Sealer GF will appear on the game. You can use this ability only once in the game.

Passive Abilities
Rebel Communication: You can communicate freely with Inferno3044 ( Fujin, Rebel Teacher ), and Kary ( Seifer Almasy, Rebel Hero ), by using the next Quick Topic:

Special Information
You know what Diablos, Sealer GF does exactly:

Diablos, Sealer GF

Special Status
Dark Messenger: You are removed from the game until the end of the next Day Phase (your flip isn't revealed neither when you are removed nor when you come back to the game).

Safe Claim
Zell Dincht, Town Backup

Zell Dincht is a playable character from Final Fantasy VIII. His loud and energetic personality is a foil to Squall's cold and silent personality. Zell is a master of hand-to-hand combat and prefers to let his fists guide him out of situations his mouth cannot.

Active Abilities
Backup: Once in the game at any moment, you can send me a PM with the command Backup: Target player. Immediatly after that player dies, you'll receive a predetermined ability of that player along with eventual restrictions associated to that ability. You can't target a player which has already flipped. This ability doesn't enter into the Night Actions Resolution, and can't be blocked nor prevented in any way.

Magic Lamp: Once per Day Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: Magic Lamp. Diablos, Sealer GF will appear on the game. You can use this ability only once in the game.

Win Conditions
Win Conditions
You are Rebel aligned and you win when all threats to the Rebels have been eliminated or nothing can prevent that. In the event of a tie between Rebels and some other alignment, Rebels win.
Seifer Almasy, Rebel Hero

Seifer Almasy is a temporary playable character and one of the main antagonists in Final Fantasy VIII. He is the rival of the main character Squall Leonhart and is the mirror image of him in many ways. He wields a gunblade, a weapon original to the Final Fantasy franchise.

Active Abilities
Fire Cross: Once per Night Phase, you may send me a PM with the command Use: Fire Cross. All the active abilities used on you and used by you will fail that Night Phase.

6 Remedy+: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: 6 Remedy+. There are other two similar abilities around there, 6 Steel Pipes and 6 Malboro Tentacles, and once all these three abilities have been used, Doomtrain, Spreader of Diseases GF will appear on the game.

Passive Abilities
Rebel Communication: You can communicate freely with Inferno3044 ( Fujin, Rebel Teacher ), and Red Ryu ( Raijin, Rebel Backup ), by using the next Quick Topic:

Restrictions
You can't use Fire Cross more than once during the game.

Safe Claim
Squall Leonhart, Town Hero

Squall Leonhart is the primary protagonist of Final Fantasy VIII. A young and aloof SeeD mercenary for much of the game, others view Squall as a cold and focused person. The game's events cause Squall to question the way he has chosen to live his life, and he matures into a heroic and caring swordsman. Squall's weapon, the gunblade, is one of the most iconic weapons of the Final Fantasy series. He is a gunblade specialist and is one of the few people to have mastered the notoriously difficult weapon, along with Seifer.

Active Abilities
Renzokuken: Once per Night Phase, you may send me a PM with the command Use: Renzokuken. All the active abilities used on you and used by you will fail that Night Phase.

6 Remedy+: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Use: 6 Remedy+. There are other two similar abilities around there, 6 Steel Pipes and 6 Malboro Tentacles, and once all these three abilities have been used, Doomtrain, Spreader of Diseases GF will appear on the game.

Restrictions
You can't use Renzokuken more than once during the game.

Win Conditions
Win Conditions
Adel, Mafia Absorbent Contact

Sorceress Adel is a minor antagonist in Final Fantasy VIII. She is a sorceress who was once the ruler of Esthar for an unknown period of time. Though Adel is always referred to as a "she" her physical form is masculine with a muscular frame with thick shoulders. Adel is also at least four times the size of the average person.

Active Abilities
Contact: Once in the game at any moment, you can send me a PM with the command Contact: Target player. You'll be able to freely communicate with that player outside the game thread, through a Quick Topic that will be provided in due time. The target player will be informed that "someone" wants to talk to him in private. This ability doesn't enter into the Night Actions Resolution, and can't be blocked nor prevented in any way.

Mafia Night Kill: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Kill: Target Player. That player will be killed at the end of that Night Phase. Only one Mafia member at most can use this ability per Night Phase.

Passive Abilities
Absorb: If an active ability is successfully used on you, you'll earn that active ability permanently (You'll be notified whenever you receive an active ability. Note that you're not stealing the ability, you'll just learn it. Also, Absorb doesn't prevent the ability used on you from working).

Mafia Communication: You can communicate freely with JTB ( Ultimecia, Mafia Time Flow Controller ) by using the next Quick Topic:
http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/RSH6kVRnT2gb

Restrictions
The active abilities you may earn with Absorb cannot be used more than once in the game.

Safe Claim
Ward Zabac, Town Contact

Ward Zabac is a temporary playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. Ward is a very strong and intimidating person, yet he is very gentle when he is off the battlefield. He uses a very large harpoon weapon, which he throws at his enemies. He fights alongside his friends Laguna and Kiros in the Galbadian Army and later quits the army when they do.

Active Abilities
Contact: Once in the game at any moment, you can send me a PM with the command Contact: Target player. You'll be able to freely communicate with that player outside the game thread, through a Quick Topic that will be provided in due time. The target player will be informed that "someone" wants to talk to him in private. This ability doesn't enter into the Night Actions Resolution, and can't be blocked nor prevented in any way.

Win Conditions
Win Conditions
You are Mafia aligned and you win when all threats to the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can prevent that.
Ultimecia, Mafia Time Flow Controller

Ultimecia is the primary antagonist and the final boss of Final Fantasy VIII. A powerful sorceress from a future many generations ahead of the game's time, Ultimecia intends to compress time into one single moment with a form of magic known as Time Compression. She uses a device called Junction Machine Ellone as a means to send her consciousness into the distant past. In the past era, Ultimecia manipulates world events, and utilizes her ability to possess other sorceresses. In her final confrontation with Squall Leonhart, she attempts to absorb all that ever had and ever would exist, including all time and space, in order to become "a living god.

Active Abilities
Shuffle: Once per Day Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Pick: Target GF. All unassigned GFs will leave, and the target GF will appear. You can use this ability only if there is at least one GF around unassigned. Also, you can't pick the next GFs: Diablos, Doomtrain, Cactuar, Tonberry.

Time Compression: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Compress Time. The following Day Phase will have a 72 hours deadline instead of its normal deadline. You can use this ability only once in the game.

Junction Machine Ellone: Before the game begins, and then once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with a prediction of against who each non-Mafia player will be voting to lynch at the end of the following Day Phase. You also can predict that a player will be voting "No Lynch", or that a player will not be voting. Depending on the percentage of correct predictions, at the beginning of the next Night Phase you'll receive a list of active abilities that you may use only during that specific Night Phase, and you can only use one of those abilities at most. The quantity of abilities you'll receive in the list, X, is determined by the next formula:

X = floor( 10 * correct predictions / total predictions )

So, for example, if from a total of 7 predictions you have 4 correct predictions, the list will contain: floor( 10*4/7 ) = floor( 5.7143 ) = 5 active abilities, from which you will be able to pick one to use that Night Phase. Obviously, the higher the percentage of correct predictions, the better the abilities that will be offered.

In the same manner, also depending on the percentage of correct predictions, during the next Night Phase you can send me a PM with the name of X GFs, with the command Inquire: Target GF for each GF. At the end of that Night Phase, you'll be notified of the active abilities, passive abilities, and special status granted by those GFs, as well as the conditions under which those GFs can appear in the game.

Mafia Night Kill: Once per Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Kill: Target Player. That player will be killed at the end of that Night Phase. Only one Mafia member at most can use this ability per Night Phase.

Passive Abilities
Mafia Communication: You can communicate freely with Kreative Whiz Kids ( Adel, Mafia Absorbent Contact ) by using the next Quick Topic:
http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/RSH6kVRnT2gb

Restrictions
You cannot use Shuffle more than twice in the game.

Safe Claim
Selphie Tilmitt, Town Shuffler

Selphie Tilmitt is a playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. She is an active, outspoken and energetic young girl who participates in many extracurricular activities, such as planning the Garden Festival and running the school's website. She is actually a little clumsy, ironically wielding an oversized nunchaku in battle and piloting the Ragnarok starship.

Active Abilities
Slots: Once per Day Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Pick: Target GF. All unassigned GFs will leave, and the target GF will appear. You can use this ability only if there is at least one GF around unassigned. Also, you can't pick the next GFs: Diablos, Doomtrain, Cactuar, Tonberry.

Restrictions
You cannot use Slots more than twice in the game.

Win Conditions
Win Conditions
You are Mafia aligned and you win when all threats to the Mafia have been eliminated or nothing can prevent that

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You were out indy choice the entire game. It's not like we were going to straight up tell you that. Turns out it was two mafia though.
This x1000. Also J was room banned so we couldn't actually coordinate anything. We were gonna lynch you KWK. Also props to everyone for never lynching me. I was so scummy and didn't do **** to clean it up :bee:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Edit: On that note, what the actual **** was your play this game, Rake?
Finding KWK scum for one.

Other than that, needless antagonistic posts made to rustle jimmies for reactions.

The way KWK responded to things throughout my gained suspicion of him , as well as his other responses never had me doubting my read on him, had i lived longer i would have kept pushing him straight to the grave, which is kind of what happened anyway.

Also i never really committed to my scum read on you, it was just easier than justifying my gut town on you, which only rolled around right when you started defending KWK IIRC.

It's funny, because the people questioning me during it = scum.

I actually did semi come full circle similarly to BAm in the end i guess XD.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Also kinda salty with the false information of "between a tie of any other alignment and the rebels, the rebels win." That would mean that it would be 1 rebel vs. 1 mafia. According to our win-con we'd win.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
i actually thoroughly enjoyed this game, i've only skimmed after i died, but i def want to give a big shouout to rajam for letting me join and his very awesome flavor :D

Rajam

Smash Champion
Also kinda salty with the false information of "between a tie of any other alignment and the rebels, the rebels win." That would mean that it would be 1 rebel vs. 1 mafia. According to our win-con we'd win.
That was in case of a tie between Rebels and Town. 1 Mafia vs 1 Rebel the Mafia wins due to having a NKill

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Can we get descriptions of all the gfs as well as what abilities I would've gotten with predictions?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I can barely play anymore.

I'm losing so much interest, idk what to do next other than go back to newbie games and refresh my memory.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Well.

Ryker is one of the best players on this site. The problem with this game is that I am actually the best. So lynching me wasn't ideal.

I played to protect Ryker - and sacrificed thread power to do so. He misread me. Get off his **** hating for him ****ing up. We've all done it. I play to control town in 99%
of my games as well, I'm just more insidious about it so people rage less.

I like Kev the more I play with him. Having said that, Ryker don't **** up again. It's your responsibility to be right 100% of the time, every time if you play to control.

p.s. KWK...you have no idea how much I regretted playing to defend Ryker when he flipped on me. You were dead son.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Good job with those role PMs, Rajam - especially with the fake PMs for the scummers. You must've forgotten about one role PM though because OP says there are 13 players but you only posted 12 PMs.

I really love the 9 town vs 3 indy vs 2 mafia set-up. It's the same used in ToS Mafia ^_^
But it's a really good set-up, numberwise because I feel like it gives all factions nearly equal chances to win, especially if you balance the indy side accordingly. I don't think having only PRs is a good idea though.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Good job with those role PMs, Rajam - especially with the fake PMs for the scummers. You must've forgotten about one role PM though because OP says there are 13 players but you only posted 12 PMs.

I really love the 9 town vs 3 indy vs 2 mafia set-up. It's the same used in ToS Mafia ^_^
But it's a really good set-up, numberwise because I feel like it gives all factions nearly equal chances to win, especially if you balance the indy side accordingly. I don't think having only PRs is a good idea though.

o_O It's a 13-players setup, 8 town - 3 indies - 2 mafia, there are 13 roles there :O

I'll put the GFs and the Night actions later

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
2 scum vs 2 scum
We kill one of you.
1 scum vs 1 scum.
No lynch.
Night Kill.
Pretty straightforward.
except the rebels would also get a doublevote to assign whatever GF might turn up tomorrow, etc. so it's not obviously all over, which is why i'm curious as to how it did/would play out.

cool setup Rajam

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I think the big mistake was telling us that between our faction and any faction that we win. That would imply even if there a mafia faction we would win over the mafia. That's why we didn't care about the missing deadline. Also J being roomlocked was lame because we would've made a move on KWK.

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh well. Even if a bunch of people were scum or indy reading my slot I can live with that knowing they never lived long enough to make a move with their suspicion, so I guess that's something. Words are wind.

This was a really fun setup Rajam, thanks for hosting this game!

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I blame Murderbush for this. We had you lynched D2 then for some reason he goes "we have a clear on KWK. lynch swiss" just before the deadline. I wasn't even town and I was pissed that you guys lynched Swiss.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Our QT with him may not have had any influence on that rash decision, but I personally think I had a hand in getting Murder to do that, no matter how subtle.

Top Bottom