• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 3 Day 4:

Lynch vote

[1] mUrDErBUSh Boss
[0] J
[0] JTB
[1] Boss J
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.

[5] Not voting:
mUrDErBUSh, JTB, Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids, Bubbles.

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

With 7 players, it takes 4 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am going to be using it on one of Bubbles/Murder, however, I am waiting to see Murder finish his stream of posts before I decide. It really doesn't matter to me which one I go to to talk with. I may end up just going with Ryker/Raziek because they would be easier for my to contact on Skype to talk with and the like.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Brothers?

It just allows me to talk to someone of my choosing outside of the game. A QT will be provided but yeah it's pretty self-explanatory.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
Read through, so nvm.

Also, I'm kind of in an agreement with kevin's vote, but if any of you think that's a bad idea, tell me why.

And please don't say it's because he's scummy.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Short version:

Kevin and Ruy is a staged fight.
Ruy is trying to bus both his mates.
Kevin is trying to ignore Inferno in his reads.

JTB is reminiscent of Rajam's HxH indy and Kantrip cooperating with us on that one night is a point in his favor. However, the Ruy read he stuck to and the way he's tried so hard this phase to make us think J was the indy (in QT) are absolutely disgusting.

After Kevin and Inferno, get JTB -> Kantrip. Kantrip -> JTB is also acceptable.

Will vote when I'm home and can change accounts.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I have been thinking about J being indy and laying out why in our QT, yes. If there's an indy after Inferno/KevinM are gone, it's either J or JTB.

JTB mainly because of controlling the GF mechanic, as you've said, but I feel like J indy actually has a lot going for it.

Ranmaru said he never used 6 Remedy+. He lied. J later stated that the MOD informed him his 6 Remedy+ abillity had been used N1. But Ran said he didn't use it because he realized it was scummy. He lied.

J's claimed ability is essentially a one-shot Bulletproof. If he has a one-shot Bulletproof that gets triggered, he could easily just say he used his ability that Night.

Sure, my win-condition speculation is kind of silly, but I was just trying to show you there ARE possibilities because your qualm was "what is his win-condition then?" I think having Contact as a tool to manipulate a townie with 6 Malboro Tentacles makes sense assuming summoning Doomtrain gives them a considerable advantage. Give them one piece, give a townie one piece (with Contact to try to manipulate them to use it), and make one piece randomly jump around until someone uses it. Then have it so that when Doomtrain gets summoned you gain a Kill, or an additional ability of some kind.

What is my win condition if I'm indy? A survivor one, right?

@J: Does your role PM mention what happens to 6 Remedy+ if you die and it hasn't been used?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Using Brothers on Murder, will chat with them on Skype when I get free time. I will try and get Kanty's info but I completely forgot about this game. I am going to be V/LA till Sunday due to finals so yeah.

I do have a question. Why is KWK focusing on Indy speculation before the mafia has even been flipped or anything?

@My role speculation: I have to activate my ability for it to take effect which it hasn't been yet.

But I do have a question for Kanty: What is mine and JTB's "win-con" as indy if the survivor one for you is silly?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I did a very quick readthrough with rr's flip in mind (very long overdue), particulary looking at kevin. I know I brought up before that I thought it was unlikely they were scum together because Kevin had been pushing that slot, but on the flipside RR did push that slot a lot as well (and got some support for it/didn't back down).

But, his play has been scummy. Going back to yesterDay, he did make that list of 'reads' in which he placed all but 3 people in a scum category, including MB who should be cleared for all intent and purposes. His entry into toDay was pretty scummy too, automatically putting up AtE before anyone actually called him scum.

Vote: Boss

Rajam

Smash Champion
Final Votecount Day 4:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] J
[0] JTB
[4] Boss J, mUrDErBUSh, JTB, Bubbles.
[1] Inferno3044 Boss
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.

[2] Not voting:
Inferno3044, Kreative Whiz Kids

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

Irvine Kinneas is a playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. An expert gunman known as the "Best Shooter in Garden", he is a consummate ladies' man whose reputation for cherishing the company of women is almost as well known as his accuracy with the gun.

Boss
( Irvine Kinneas, Town Role Blocker ) has been lynched!

Night Phase 4 begins!

• Deadline for this Night Phase 4: [glow]Saturday Dec 8th, 10:00 AM AST[/glow]
  • If you have a Night action you don't want to use, let me know so I'm not waiting for nothing. The faster you guys send your actions, the faster Day Phase 5 will start.
  • Don't post in here while it's Night Phase!

Rajam

Smash Champion
Quistis Trepe is a playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. She is a child prodigy and Blue Mage Instructor No. 14 at Balamb Garden. Her fans are known to be referred as "Trepies" after her in-game fan club.

mUrDErBUSh
( Quistis Trepe, Town Role Cop ) has been killed!

The time is being compressed! An evil spell has been cast into the field, which is making this day last less than normal: This Day Phase will last only 72 hours; the heroes must be quick this time!

Day Phase 5 begins!

• Deadline for this Day Phase 5: [glow]Tuesday Dec 11th 11:30 AM AST[/glow]
  • With 5 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Ifrit has appeared in the game field!

Ifrit, Double Voter GF

Passive Ability
Hell Fire: All your votes (normal lynch vote and assign votes) will count by twice its normal ammount until the end of the next Day Phase.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Inferno, can you full-claim again for me and detail all your Night action uses?

Murder told us in QT last Night that he was 100% on J Town after conversing in their QT. I'm going to trust them on that for now.

Who has 6 Steel Pipes right now?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Cid Kramer, Town Teacher. I have three 1-shot abilities that I am able to "teach" anyone these abilities. However I am only able use my ability twice.

On N1, I taught Murderbush Gamble. Rajam flips a coin. Heads they're a doublevoter. Tails they're VB'd. I gave it to them because I thought they were town and having them potentially be a double voter would be very helpful.

On N2 I taught J (Ranmaru atm) Bodyguard. Standard bodyguard ability. They target someone and if they are to die the person that uses it takes their place. I gave it to him because he wasn't doing **** at the time and thought it would be good to give it to them.

The one I didn't teach was stun. Someone targets a player and anybody that visits the targeted player gets a modvote. Too risky a move for my taste so I didn't use it.

I do not have 6 steel pipes.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
We have 3 days to lynch? fffff
Do not have steel pipes. J or..JTB[who i forgot existed] has it. Today is likely lylo. Jtb/inferno/kwk is my lynchpool, not in an order yet. that pool holds at least 2 scum.
ffffff this is the HxH lylo scene setupexactly.
KWK, who did you track last night?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
**** me, this day is literally happening at the worst time for me and my work schedule. I've been so fatigued from work that its hard to post, so I'll try something tonight

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well here's how I see it Bubbles. I'm town. You're town. If we trust MB's read on J, then by PoE scum that leaves JTB and KWK. Question is do you trust MB?

Who are we gonna give ifrit to? Its really risky to have around so it has to go in the right hands.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Inferno visited no one last Night.

I can confirm through Murder that he gave J the Bodyguard ability he claimed. At this point I'm having second thoughts, what with the KevinM lynch falling through and everything with Inferno's role lining up.

What I do know though, is that he did not send in the kill. Even if he is mafia, this 100% confirms that he has a partner (unless there's some mafia ninja **** going on but no I'm not going to entertain that possibility). It's not Bubbles and I sincerely doubt it's J. This leaves JTB.

@J: Did you use your ability last Night?

@J and JTB: Do you have 6 Steel Pipes?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
@Everyone: Read on J. Ignore Murder's opinion in your answer.

We need to sort this out before deadline which is approaching quite quickly.

I'm pretty sure the team is Inferno and JTB. Inferno probably has the deadline shortening thing since his ability seems to be a JoaT-type deal, and JTB's role centres around control over the GFs. My one concern is a J out of nowhere (and he could be aligned with either of them, or hell he could still be indy).

Bubbles, talk to me.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
Sounds agreeable, but let me question before we continue:

What do you sincerly think about JTB's #1868 and Inferno's #1863?
And is there anything else you might add (with quote included)?

I'll be responding to inferno after this one. And then J.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
JTB's #1868 is a promise for content with no follow-up. There's really not much to feel about it other than annoyed. I could call it scummy but I don't know the circumstances in JTB's life right now and I don't feel like I need a prod dodge like that to aid in my reasoning on his slot.

Look at Ruy's role. He was scum backup. That means his partners have some abilities worth backing up. If there's any role that, as a MOD, I would be sad to see not get used, it would be JTB's GF manipulating one.

Cid Kramer, Town Teacher. I have three 1-shot abilities that I am able to "teach" anyone these abilities. However I am only able use my ability twice.

On N1, I taught Murderbush Gamble. Rajam flips a coin. Heads they're a doublevoter. Tails they're VB'd. I gave it to them because I thought they were town and having them potentially be a double voter would be very helpful.

On N2 I taught J (Ranmaru atm) Bodyguard. Standard bodyguard ability. They target someone and if they are to die the person that uses it takes their place. I gave it to him because he wasn't doing **** at the time and thought it would be good to give it to them.

The one I didn't teach was stun. Someone targets a player and anybody that visits the targeted player gets a modvote. Too risky a move for my taste so I didn't use it.

I do not have 6 steel pipes.
I'm sure the three abilities Inferno claims here are legit, but I don't think that's all he has in his arsenal of one-shots. I think Inferno is to thank for toDay's shortened deadline, for sure, and there very well could be more. Depending on how RR's role worked, another prime pairing for it.

I need to hear from J though.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Well here's how I see it Bubbles. I'm town. You're town. If we trust MB's read on J, then by PoE scum that leaves JTB and KWK. Question is do you trust MB?

Who are we gonna give ifrit to? Its really risky to have around so it has to go in the right hands.

I must say though that I do not like this post. It's the whole "if we trust MB... the question is do you trust MB?" For one he's trying to set up the endgame based on what Murder said (this is fine on its own). What's wrong with this is how he's pinning the responsibility onto Murder too. "If we trust MB's read..." there is no actual stance from Inferno himself, no commitment. Rather, he asks if Bubbles trusts MB's read. And right there the responsibility is off of Inferno and onto two townies.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
After I go to bed I won't be able to come back to the thread before deadline.

I need to have my vote placed tonight if I'm going to be contributing to a wagon. Hopefully Bubbles will address whatever they're addressing and J will get in here before I leave....

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What bothers me from Inferno that he came into today without even acknowledging the short deadline. If we are to assume there are two scum left with Ruy, then all scum has to do is wait out the day in order to win and his play so far has matched that.

Inferno, you have until I go to bed to explain your last post. Rather than pointing out why J/Bubbles are town and KWK/me are scum, you instead appeal to Bubbles and J for their votes (which you haven't slapped down yet). Who are you going to vote and why?

Top Bottom