• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twin Christmas Parties 3+4 Mafia {The Matryoshka Scandal.} ~ Over! Who had the merriest Christmas? Who got lumps of coal?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Lamest ending to a game ever.

GG scum. Wish I had been here on D1/D2 to prevent the Rajam/Chuckie lynch...RR lynch was completely stupid on all accounts (no offense to Circus if Circus is Town though but RR had no scum intent man claiming the way he claimed...siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.)

GJ to Sword/Kantrip/Circus regardless of what happens because we all fought really hard. GJ to OS as well if he's scum which seems 100% likely at this point.

No GJs to PJB/JTB/Kary for obvious reasons >:[.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
He didn't believe that Chuckie was Indy IMHO, he rushed the lynch and jumped to conclusions when not even taking into account that Chuckie's play as Inquisitor was counter-intuitive. Why even place yourself next to the marionette as the puppeteer?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
He picks bad lynches and then when people get on him about it he's all like "Oh, well why weren't you here to stop me?" :facepalm:

Just . . . annoying.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Well, this is stupid-dumb. I didn't think we'd actually be in danger of defaulting to a No Lynch after catching scum immediately at the start of the Day. The scumteam must be laughing their ***** off at this.
:awesome:

anyhow. i just had a hilarious thought about how good people's reads are this game. mental note to self: here.

i guess i'll see you all tomorrow?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The game's not over. Why do people think the game is over? I told you guys a million times: all we have to do is lynch mafia tomorrow.

Mafia will try to lynch Kary. We just need to lynch mafia.

Don't believe me? Just watch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm serious about lynching mafia tomorrow, by the way. Kary is our independent.

It will only take 4 to lynch tomorrow so no one vote until after we get everything on the table. Circus and Sworddancer will have NA results and we need everyone's cases on everyone. Don't give an opportunity for an alpha strike.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm drunk af right now

Kary is mafia, look at Swrods' result

Good luck toMorrow guys, don't listen to OS and tyou should be good.

peace

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 6-3

5/8 to lynch.

Kary [
]: Potassium, Circus, BarDulL, Sworddancer.
Sworddancer. [
]: Kary

Not voting [
]: Overswarm, PrivateJoker-Brown, JTB

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Circus > Kary
Overswarm
Sworddancer. > Kary > Unvote > Kary
PrivateJoker-Brown
BarDulL > Kary > Kary
JTB
Kary > Sworddancer
Potassium > Kary
[/collapse]

A lynch was not reached.

#HBC | Nabe

Night 6!

Everybody went to bed and nothing happened. Well, someone took the last chocolate chip muffin, but that wasn't malicious.

---------------------------------------------

Night 6 starts now, and ends December 27th to account for the holidays.
Early sending-in of all actions on this Night will not hasten the start of the following Day.

#HBC | Nabe

Day 7! 4/7 to lynch!

Potassium died. He was Naoto Shirogane, Town Consulting Detective.​

----------------------------------------

Circus
Overswarm
Sworddancer.
Private-Joker Brown
BarDulL
JTB
Kary

Day 7 starts now! With 7 players alive, it's 4 votes to lynch.
Deadline has been set for January 3rd at 2:00 p.m. EST.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Told you I was right. -_-;;

Not going to be here today. No one vote and have mafia quickhammer, okay?

I expect full case reads from everyone., on everyone.

#HBC | Dancer

JTB is town. Cool. Circus should also be able to confirm this.

That leaves OS, BarDull, Circus, PJB. PJB/OS biggest suspects out of all three of them easily.

I am increasingly weary that OS might actually just be this bad as town. Over the Night I've been thinking about it and I cannot fathom why scum OS would play like he did yesturDay. He was basically begging to be copped, unless he can passively redirect people it just doesn't make sense.

Anyways, we will cross that bridge later when we come to it (toMorrow).

@BarDull: Would you be down for a quick lynch of Kary?

@OS: Oh yeah, you were totally right. About the game not ending. So glad that you were also right about Kantrip flipping passive indie recruiter. :rolleyes:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
got nothing about an alignment change being possible in my results today. scum is either 3 or 4 and poisoner is still around.

#HBC | Dancer

And since we know that JTB is town, we can trust his results!

And since we can trust his results, we know that there are either just 3 mafia or 3 mafia plus an indie!

Looks like OS was wrong about, well, almost everything!

JTB, would you be willing to vote Kary right now?

#HBC | Dancer

Actually, scratch that, we know there are either just 3 mafia or 2 mafia plus an indie. Forgot about JTB's Day 4 results.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Doing family stuff, no voting and rushing the day, Sworddancer. We've got a lot of time and its lylo. Use it.

Not kidding about the reads.

#HBC | Dancer

Nah we had a lot of time yesturDay but we didn't use it. The more "time" we allow ourselves the more time we allow you to be asinine, and the more time we allow is more time for feeble minds to double think the obvious. I don't even want to allow you the Day light to try to convince us that Kary's still indy.

My reads: Kary is mafia. His scummates we'll be able to pick out after his flip.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sounds like a pretty asinine thing to say in a situation where a wrong move means death. We'll wait.

JTB, your full results.

Circus, you results too.

/away

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It seemed so damn obvious to me that PJB/JTB/OS were maximum lameness after Kary wasn't hammered. We saw invisibles sitting in the thread but they weren't hammering and only JTB/PJB/OS are invisible outside of kantrip/sword...I think it's too big of a ****ing coincidence that PJB/JTB/OS weren't here for hammer time.

:phone:

#HBC | Dancer

It seemed so damn obvious to me that PJB/JTB/OS were maximum lameness after Kary wasn't hammered. We saw invisibles sitting in the thread but they weren't hammering and only JTB/PJB/OS are invisible outside of kantrip/sword...I think it's too big of a ****ing coincidence that PJB/JTB/OS weren't here for hammer time.

:phone:
Invisible users could have been people outside the game. Also, JTB is town, because that's what it states in his role pm, regardless of his play (or lack thereof). I do agree with you though that this is incriminating of PJB though.

Why are you mentioning OS though? It's not like he wasn't here, he just refused to hammer.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Unvote before you lose us the game. I do everything for a reason and just because you're not clever enough to pick up on it doesn't mean you should start attempting to lose the game faster. I already set us up a win, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I know myself to be town; you guys don't, and that decision is up to you. Sworddancer has been careful on this one, but I'll get to that later.

The only two left that didn't vote for Kary yesterday are JTB and PJB.

PJB expressed interest in the Kary lynch, but did not vote when he was here and didn't hammer.

JTB has supposedly been blessed by Sworddancer via proof that he is town via Kantrip's result. This has yet to be seen by Circus' result. If Circus gets the same result, this means that either they are both telling the truth or both are lying and are scum together. Pretty simple there. Just gotta wait on Circus.

You with me so far?

By not voting yesterday, I narrowed our scum selection down substantially. In fact, I've allowed us to get a Process of Elimination run by getting only one mafia member correctly.

If Kary is scum, our remaining scum have to be between myself, JTB, and PJB, correct?

Well there's 7 people here and if all 4 of us are scum then a lynch couldn't occur unless scum wanted it, right? That means, at minimum, one of them is town. I know this to be me.

So from my perspective, if Kary is mafia, JTB and PJB have to be the remaining scum mates.

Sworddancer just got a result that JTB is town.

Leaving PJB being the only remaining scum mate.

From your perspective, this means that PJB, myself, and Kary are the scum team.

From my perspective, knowing I am town, it means that a lynch on Kary is an attempt by mafia. I was pretty sure yesterday and was able to confirm it by No Lynching.

This proves to me that Kary is being lynched by mafia and town together.

The only way you cannot logically agree with my sentiment is if you believe I am scum, but if that is the case I can account for this as well.

Logic breakdown time.

So, for kicks, lets remove all those players that didn't hammer kary. By my assumption Kary is not of mafia alignment. That leaves:

Sworddancer
Bardull
Circus

Could this be the scum team?

Yes, but I doubt it. You guys will too.

So what exactly does this mean? Is it really so simple that Sworddancer, Bardull, and Circus are scum trying to lynch an independent Kary? This seems a tad unlikely given the game's circumstances prior to toDay; while independently one could come to this conclusion I cannot really see that scum team as a possibility. You will too!

We have Kary in the middle who has been voted for one half of the remaining players, and not voted by the other half.

Sworddancer, Bardull, Circus

Kary

JTB, OS, PJB

It takes FOUR to lynch, meaning that at least one from the three would have to cross over. For all Sworddancer's bluster, he's taking a risky gamble if he's town.

Given this breakdown posted above, it becomes systematically impossible to do a Process of Elimination run to determine scum within those three groups given that

A) I am town
B) JTB is town

or

C) Sworddancer is town

As I know I am town

and Sworddancer knows he is town

and Sworddancer was given a result that JTB is town

I am the most prominent variable and must be accounted for. (I'll get to this)

Try to do a PoE given either set of assumptions.

It leads you to believe that either

A) Myself, PJB, and Kary are the only mafia [assuming Sworddancer is town]

or

B) Circus, Kary, PJB, Bardull, Sworddancer contain the only mafia [assuming JTB and Overswarm are town]

"But why would you not assume Sworddancer is town and JTB is town at the same time? I don't get it."

You wouldn't! >:[

Sworddancer cannot lie about his results at this stage of the game unless he's either

A) an idiot

or

B) in cahoots with Circus, the only other player that can do any direct actions and get Kantrip's result

As such, I can assume JTB is town unless Sworddancer and Circus are scum together. If they are scum together then the scum team is Sworddancer, Circus, and JTB. This scum team cannot exist without them playing in an extremely sub-par fashion, as they could have just lied and both sadi "got an OS scum result". Logic!

As such, If Circus is scum, Sworddancer is not, if Sworddancer is scum, Circus is not

Scenario A is easy enough to account for. Pick one, move down the list until we win or lose. Bam bam bam.

Scenario B is more tricky, as it goes with only the assumptions that both myself and JTB are town; the fact that I am the only one that can confirm this scenario exists might explain to you guys why it's a bit difficult for you to fully understand the ramifications of yesterday's actions, but try to stay in my mindset for a bit. Remember, I'm town and JTB is town in these assumptions. No one else is cleared as town.

In group B, we had only Kary and PJB not vote for Kary. PJB being the only one that really matters, obviously..

We had Circus, Bardull, and Sworddancer vote.

This creates a strong disconnect, doesn't it?

If Kary was mafia and PJB was town, he'd have just hammered, right? Why wouldn't he? I was against the lynch, but he supported it openly, yet no lynch occurred.

The only potential scenario here is that either

A) PJB was scum with Kary

or

B) PJB was inactive at the wrooooooooooong time

VIA THIS SCENARIO WE ARE ABLE TO THEN CONDEMN THE ENTIRE SCUM TEAM TO A SMALL POOL OF PLAYERS

Let's remove Kary from the equation since we know mafia is trying to kill him; this will give us all the other alternatives.

If Bardull is town: Circus, Sworddancer, and PJB must be scum

If Circus is town: Bardull, Sworddance,r and PJB must be scum

If Sworddancer is town: Circus, Bardull, and PJB must be scum.

If PJB is town: Circus, Bardull, Kary and Sworddancer must contain scum and one town.

There is only one, and only one, lynch pin that is a guaranteed success for town. Just one, and it ain't Kary.

POSSIBLE SCUM TEAMS: (and me eliminating them)

1) Circus, Sworddancer, JTB are scum together and circus/sworddancer are lying about the JTB result

Why it can't be true: They're the only ones that get results. They'd just ****ing lie about someone else (i.e., me, a potential target for Kantrip anyway), resulting in a two pronged-lynch attempt towards both me and Kary, neither path leads back to them. Game over, mafia wins, end of game.

Not a possible scum team, imo.

2) Circus, Bardull, and PJB

Entirely possible, but we'd have to believe that Bardull was pushing Circus all of D2 and D3 as some distancting ploy. Possible, deserves looking into.

3) Bardull, Sworddancer and PJB

Possible as well.

4) Circus, Sworddancer, and PJB

Well this would just be silly. Circus and SDancer would have to be telling the truth about their results when they could condemn me. Entirely possible, but only as a result of sub-par play. I don't like to make that assumption.

Look at all of the above options and eliminating them, knowing that mafia is attempting to lynch Kary we have this left:

Circus, Bardull, PJB
Bardull, Sworddancer, PJB

The only links that are confirmed are both Bardull and PJB. Either lynch should net us scum.

UNLESS

I am incorrect! In which case Kary IS mafia.

If Kary IS mafia, you know what that means?

From my perspective it means that at least ONE mafia voted for Kary... and one mafia didn't.

I am cleared by my own role PM.

JTB is cleared by Sworddancer.

PJB is the only remaining person left.

If I am right on my theory that Kary is being lynched by mafia AND town together, PJB is scum in any reasonable scum team configuration.

If I am wrong on my theory, PJB is scum.

The only guaranteed scum is PJB.

Top Bottom