• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just donated $10

Depending on how my next paycheck looks, might be able to throw in some more.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Awesome stuff, it looks like people are giving more than 5 bucks too. If we J-curve this **** were in for sure, I'm already hyped.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I'm about to donate 5 right now :) finally have some money lol been **** talking a lot but time to put my money where my mouth is. Will try to donate 10 to 15 more before the deadline

Go melee!

:phone:

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
....FINALLY KASR has comeback to the smashborads!!!!

And to make things sweet my friends...I shall be putting in some cash in meele, even though I am *** at meele. I'm going to put 5 into meele and 5 into mlp:fim. I might put some cash in for PS Allstars too.

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
Popped in $20 to the donation drive.

Everyone who donated should post in here, to have this runaway train gain the visibility it needs!
next week it'll pick up cause people will be back home from apex

also clowsui, someone should make a hype video of all our best and most hype moments. that, i feel, is the most effective way to show how great melee is to the FGC and to EVO.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yo, I don't visit them but have reddit and GameFAQs been hit up yet? Because I'm pretty sure that those communities also contributed to the prior vote solidly. Just tryin to make sure people are in the know...
Get on reddit quicktimes yo, as for Facebook group and regional zones it hasn't been talked about...been dead with apex and all.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
But at the same time @protomcannon just announced that devs cannot contribute as its a community only drive. That's one or two or three threats down

Now I say, let the ponies donate. Make their egos inflated with the guesses of their donations. Melee as an underdog? Just means we have to keep below the radar a bit and...donate.

Neuron_Panzer

Smash Rookie
Registered for this thread! Not a pro Smash player - I've played Smash casually with friends, but I play SF4/Marvel. Wanted to register and tell you guys there are plenty of people in the FGC who would welcome you. I donated for y'all.

Plus: Tom Cannon (EVO co-founder) just confirmed that they won't be accepting publisher donations. This means Sony etc can not buy their way in.
https://twitter.com/ProtomCannon/status/289810385761103872

This comes down to you guys versus My Little Pony. Don't be beaten by grown men who like My Little Pony, guys.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Registered for this thread! Not a pro Smash player - I've played Smash casually with friends, but I play SF4/Marvel. Wanted to register and tell you guys there are plenty of people in the FGC who would welcome you. I donated for y'all.

Plus: Tom Cannon (EVO co-founder) just confirmed that they won't be accepting publisher donations. This means Sony etc can not buy their way in.

This comes down to you guys versus My Little Pony. Don't be beaten by grown men who like My Little Pony, guys.
great news!

and thanks for the support

Neuron_Panzer

Smash Rookie
Well, everything has side events at Evo. Smash stations have been there pretty much every year for side stuff. There's even side tourneys of the main games. There'll undoubtedly be a MLP presence either way.

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
So this is the comp gentlemen....CVS2, MLP, GG, and Injustice. You guys can handle that? i'll giving you guys 5 and MLP 5.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman

Thank you for posting here, and this post will make more of us realize that the FGC don't hate us. :)

Stargazer

Smash Rookie
I was watching that item when it went that way, I'm pretty sure the 10,000 bid was a troll bid. Plushies are currently the most expensive custom made item that goes on ebay from what I've seen. The most expensive one went for 5 grand ( Life sized Rainbow Dash ), with a few 2,200 and 2,500 dollar ones that popped up from time to time after that. Most go between 100 to 1,000 now a days. I've never seen anything get remotely close to them price wise. This is why I think that 10,000 bid was a troll bid.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/257527888/bronycon-the-documentary

This on the other hand did occur the summer last year. Don't think they'll donate that much though.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well if a troll bid is the equivalent of a troll donation, then neither means anything because there's no money actually being given.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well if they don't intend to get the money back, I don't really see how they are trolling
unless of course they're trying to troll the smash community

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Is there someone that thinks a troll is legitmately worth 10k? I hope not. Granted, 10k isn't much to some people, but I also feel that type of person is more likely to respond to the situation a little more maturely.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'd imagine most SRK regulars would be donating for games that they actually care about, like SFII/III or CvS2.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

Why? Because spending 30 isn't really a big deal

****ing poor

Thank you so much =)

donate people

E:

I wrote this earlier for the other thread but never posted:

"I don't care what Ran or anyone says, with that negative attitude Melee would have never raised as many votes on the Facebook poll to begin with. I absolutely disagree with the statement that we do not need events like EVO, I feel like this community is kept together by a small yet extremely dedicated handful of TOs and other contributors.

I know that many might think donating for this cause is stupid, I don't care. I'm going to donate just for a sake of sending the same message as on the Facebook poll, that we're still here. Because really, when you think about it, donating 10 dollars isn't really big of a deal. I don't think it's a waste at all, what other charity would you ever want to donate to? Melee has a legitimate chance of being featured at EVO, this is our chance to make Melee bigger than ever. So please donate, this could be the most important cause you have donated for. "

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
MLP won't even be finished by Evo 2013. If it wins, it won't have a finished game.. Might make it a null factor..

Anth0ny

Smash Master

SICK

FAQ updated

now lets win this

anyone know if word is getting out at Apex?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Wait... How "on board" is SRK with MELEE over MLP?

Are a lot of them donating our way?

Aww they pretty much have given up and said it's between us and MLP and some are donating our way but not many. They would rather see us though, #LesserEvil

edit:The issue is some believe it's a bunch of casual backers who are going to get a 12 year old game into evo lol like they know about this donation fund. Anyways, has someone reached out to the reddit community yet? Full of stream watchers who would donate.

@anthony, sadly no one at apex is talking about it so i've been saying in the stream every once inawhile.

Life

Smash Hero
What Evo should do, if MLP wins, is promise to host it next year so its devs have time to actually put a decent game together.

And then host us. :D

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Threw in an Andrew Jackson right now thanks to that great confirmation that corporate donations aren't allowed.

Only because people complained were the rules made explicit or just made up lol.

So props to all the haters you did good. :cool:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I think if we got into EVO, and people had to choose between the two, they'd be more likely to pick EVO... I mean come on it might be their only chance.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Is there a public version of MLP? Like a beta? As far as I know it would have to be nulled if there isn't for everybody to practice. If do win do you guys think that they would have the highest attendance of the games on account of the fandom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom