• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Why didn't that game get more donations? That game is pretty good
nobody except third strike players like third strike, it wont be back at evo except as a special event, if that could happen considering the one last year.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
knowing what other communities are doing wont change anything

what will change anything is donating more

so maybe just donate rather than worry about other communities

Super

Smash Apprentice
Maybe SWF can give additional incentive for donating? Donate X amount and get premium for Y months? Or maybe some other type of incentive from the community?

UnderTheAir

Smash Rookie
I think we totally got this given the current totals right now. Hopefully the Facebook poll was a good indicator of the support we have.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm
Now that all the totals are being shown, we can see that we've already increased by $50 based on what was posted for their standings. Good ****, guys. But let's not stop here.

MLP has only increased by $40, but Skullgirls has increased by $82 and Guilty Gear has increased by $60. Even if the FGC was impressed with APEX, they'll still be pulling for Skullgirls and Guilty Gear. Now that they have a chance, they'll probably try to seize it.

Let's keep it up!

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm
Now that all the totals are being shown, we can see that we've already increased by $50 based on what was posted for their standings. Good ****, guys. But let's not stop here.

MLP has only increased by $40, but Skullgirls has increased by $82 and Guilty Gear has increased by $60. Even if the FGC was impressed with APEX, they'll still be pulling for Skullgirls and Guilty Gear. Now that they have a chance, they'll probably try to seize it.

Let's keep it up!
Why does it say "3rd Strike Street Fighter II" that isn't Melee tbh. Well we rose by about $50, so we shouldn't stop yet.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just input my first donation at $250.

The main word there is first, ill also match any further donations by impmacaque since his name is funny and he also seems like the other big shooter

:phone:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/13/evo-2013-donation-drive-standings-and-rule-update/

Next, we’re removing FiM from the running for the 8th Evo game. If FiM finishes with the most money donated, we will take the game with the second highest donations as the 8th Evo game..
Just input my first donation at $250.

The main word there is first, ill also match any further donations by impmacaque since his name is funny and he also seems like the other big shooter

:phone:

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Well, people are talking about putting some of their paychecks into this. But you only get so many in one month. I saw one guy complaining about how his next paycheck won't be ready in time. I saw someone talking about how they had heard about APEX and that there was a huge pool of money going around to be donated for this. But that might have just been what he saw some of us suggesting so I don't know if that actually happened.

kr3wman

Smash Master
If I could get a job before the end of the month I'd donate the rest of my money that I have in the bank to GG, but it wouldn't be enough...

c'est triste.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I just had the most horrible vision in my head, that some community would pull out a major donation on a last minute surpassing ours. We need to make sure that such effort would not be worth it

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
woooah, just caught the news about FiM being out

melee has a great chance at Evo, oh wow

Definitely gonna drop some bucks on this soon

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Now I hate to be the guy to bring this up, flame me all you want or whatever, but for the record I would not mind if Melee showed up at all, love the game.

But APEX revealed something... Genesis is a WEEK after EVO... are people gonna be able to attend both and come as hard for both tournaments back to back? I don't know how the Smash community works compared to the FGC, but I can't help but feel like one of the events will be crippled due to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom