• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandX

Smash Ace
They also have a brawl versus series. Aruba not the type to take part j. A competition between communities though. If he did do it I think he'd just make a post about the fund saying donate for whoever, as for what he posted before it was just a general sg comment, didn't say he was donating, just that he liked the fundraiser.

:phone:
Cant rule out all the possibilites though

Zoler

Smash Ace
I really think this is far from over, keep donating everyone.

If we pulled $10k in a night they can do the same! D:

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
I think someone should keep a list of things we can do the last week of the Donation Drive or if SG catches up. I think posting in the nintendo forums is a great idea and it would also help to spread the word about the smash community. Who knows? We might even catch nintendo's eye finally.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Huh...I could of sworn someone posted a link to a SkullGirls topic on these forums a few pages back. Maybe I was wrong?

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'd love to know who is committed to being a leader in this endeavor to start driving these initiatives. TAI has some really good ideas, but it would suck to see us as a community drop the ball. I wish we had a place for awesome ideas on the boards =/

I'll talk to Bionic about that.

Zoler

Smash Ace
What Scar said^

Lots of good ideas here but we have to coordinate this IMO.

We should set up a mIRC channel or something.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i think a facebook group should be made to organize these efforts.

sorry zoler, there's too many cool people nowadays who don't know how to use IRC anymore ;)

the number of people who don't use IRC is probably exponentially larger than the number of people who don't use facebook

hell, smashers are more active on facebook than they are on smashboards >_>

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
They already front paged a user submitted blog which contained the results and mentioned the donation thing. (http://www.screwattack.com/news/smashing-good-time-apex-2013-tournament-results) It's relatively easy to get spotlighted there, but I dunno if they'll spotlight a similar blog again. They didn't mention it on Hard News today either. I could try to post it on the show's wall, but I think they know.
I messaged them and OCRemix on Twitter, maybe a retweet will come our way.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Oh wow, they'll be playing PM on Screwin' Around tomorrow. That's the perfect chance to plug this. And it looks like they retweeted your thang.

Slashy

Smash Lord
BrandX I might support Skullgirls as I feel bad for you, especially since I originally hated that game with a passion due to having major personal issues with one of the character artists

Thankfully he wasn't called back to work on the supposed DLC

BrandX

Smash Ace
BrandX I might support Skullgirls as I feel bad for you, especially since I originally hated that game with a passion due to having major personal issues with one of the character artists

Thankfully he wasn't called back to work on the supposed DLC
You feel bad for me as in you pity me or feel bad for me as in you respect me and our communities struggles to try and catch up?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I really think this is far from over, keep donating everyone.

If we pulled $10k in a night they can do the same! D:
When was the last time you heard of Skullgirls at a national, let alone a national dedicated to Skullgirls?

Breast cancer research is cool but it'll take a miracle for any other game to break 10k.

Zoler

Smash Ace
When was the last time you heard of Skullgirls at a national, let alone a national dedicated to Skullgirls?

Breast cancer research is cool but it'll take a miracle for any other game to break 10k.
Never, since I don't follow any fighting games outside Melee. I'm more into PC gaming.

Either way this is too important for Melee for us to let down our guard.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Hey question. Would it better if I wasn't around for awhile till this is over, since I am competing against you guys? It seems like you are probably more focused on your own goals then to focus on someone like me.

I'm just asking, because I don't want to get in your way lol.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Depends....

Are you spying on us?

Once this is over, Win or lose, would you ever post here ever again?

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Hey question. Would it better if I wasn't around for awhile till this is over, since I am competing against you guys? It seems like you are probably more focused on your own goals then to focus on someone like me.

I'm just asking, because I don't want to get in your way lol.
Nobody really cares

BrandX

Smash Ace
Depends....

Are you spying on us?

Once this is over, Win or lose, would you ever post here ever again?

What's there to spy on? It's not like I can stop you or anything, but knowing your opponent is half the battle right?

And I will still post here, win or lose, hoping that you guys will at least keep your word that you'll try to support SkullGirls and not backstab us in the end, which I know you won't because I believe in you guys too much for you to do that.

And I know nobody cares, I was just asking because your community seems busy, I don't want to bother you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom