• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandX

Smash Ace
You know you could have looked it up yourself : http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284387

I'm fairly interested but to be honest I'm not expecting much. I'll still commend you for your dedication but if you'll allow me, you should proofread your posts before posting them and anything that you would put in the 'whine' category, you should just delete, if you feel like becoming a leader and nurturing a community you're going to need to act the part.
Thank you for your post. Sorry if I sounded whiney, I wont do it again. And sorry, I could have looked it up. I know the story
Really isnt much, but I felt I shouldn't lie to you guys.
:phone:

Hmm. MLP had a huge start the first week, and now it has not gained much money since the first week. I have no idea why Skull Girls had such a leap after the announcement to be honest. I never saw any community hotspot where people were rallying about and donating to it. To me it sort of seemed to appear out of no where for them. Melee on the other hand just clearly had a fundraiser, so it makes sense where most of the funding for that came. Even before hand you see this thread trying to gain support for it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hmm. MLP had a huge start the first week, and now it has not gained much money since the first week. I have no idea why Skull Girls had such a leap after the announcement to be honest. I never saw any community hotspot where people were rallying about and donating to it. To me it sort of seemed to appear out of no where for them. Melee on the other hand just clearly had a fundraiser, so it makes sense where most of the funding for that came. Even before hand you see this thread trying to gain support for it.
skullgirls hotspots are facebook and tumblr
you guys should see how massive skullgirls fanbase is on tumblr

BrandX

Smash Ace
The skullgirls community is huge on tumblr? I did not know that, since I dont use tumblr. Hopefully the spirit of my community increases after the seismic hit you laid upon us. We might make a ww2 come back on you guys (except without the violence lol)

Hmm..i wonder if I should release that video I was making...

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
8k is not a lead, man. it can go either way.

seriously though, good ****. im glad to be part of this awesome community. lets stomp these ****ty girls into the ground and break their little skulls into pieces.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I guess no one wants to hear the story of how I was competitve at melee ONCE in my life, and how I could started my career >w>

Guess Ill just...lol

I wouldn't use that link to the Social Thread. I guess it seems like a very general Melee thread but it would be kinda weird to just go in there and post a big story when there's been no conversation since the 5th.

My suggestion would be this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274917
It's specifically for introducing yourself and since you sound like you're interested in more than just the Melee community (you could always try and get an active Skullgirls thread going), it'd be better than posting in the General Melee Discussion about it.

BrandX

Smash Ace
8k is not a lead, man. it can go either way.

seriously though, good ****. im glad to be part of this awesome community. lets stomp these ****ty girls into the ground and break their little skulls into pieces.
Whoa dude...chill

I didnt say it was a lead, just that i was impressed we donated more. Also i am not going around saying "Yeah lets curb stomp those smash brains"

Lol lets keep it a friendly competition lol

BrandX

Smash Ace
I wouldn't use that link to the Social Thread. I guess it seems like a very general Melee thread but it would be kinda weird to just go in there and post a big story when there's been no conversation since the 5th.

My suggestion would be this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274917
It's specifically for introducing yourself and since you sound like you're interested in more than just the Melee community (you could always try and get an active Skullgirls thread going), it'd be better than posting in the General Melee Discussion about it.
Good idea. Thanks man :)

God I hate typing on phones lol

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Whoa dude...chill

I didnt say it was a lead, just that i was impressed we donated more. Also i am not going around saying "Yeah lets curb stomp those smash brains"

dude what the ****? my post wasnt aimed towards you, i dont know what you are interpreting? also, you cant stomp smash bros since we for a fact hold together like brothers and skullgirls...well they run like girls.

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
To be honest...what the point of donating anymore. No one is catching smash. In less that dude that tried to donate 500k for mlp at evo 2013 got paid somehow and did something like 20k near the end.

Revven

FrankerZ
To be honest...what the point of donating anymore. No one is catching smash. In less that dude that tried to donate 500k for mlp at evo 2013 got paid somehow and did something like 20k near the end.
Anything can happen, don't try to stop anyone from donating. Especially since it's for a good cause, still.

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
Whoa dude...chill

Poundslap is a really subtle troll fyi

You're very passionate, but you should take this whole thing less seriously. You don't have to apologize profusely (much less to a bunch of strangers), and you don't have to earn everyone's approval.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

BrandX

Smash Ace
Poundslap is a really subtle troll fyi

You're very passionate, but you should take this whole thing less seriously. You don't have to apologize profusely (much less to a bunch of strangers), and you don't have to earn everyone's approval.
Yeah, I know. I just cant seem to help it lol.

Btw, just some food for thought about me. If you see me put lol into my sentence, that means im making my post more light. Lol

Donations are weird. Its pretty stagnate without some sort of push like what happened with the fundraiser. I bet it will continue like this until the weekend where you see another large push due to the tournament.

Reminds me too much of the stock market. Its quite emotional.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Donations are weird. Its pretty stagnate without some sort of push like what happened with the fundraiser. I bet it will continue like this until the weekend where you see another large push due to the tournament.

Reminds me too much of the stock market. Its quite emotional.
You can say that again...lol

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Uh oh. Link? Whatever people keep thinking were done. If you haven't donated you should chip in a few bucks for breast cancer anyways. Armada and leffen said they'd donate, even if it was only 10$ each I'd be happy as well juggleguy and others wanted to host charity tournies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I'm amazed that you can both predict the future, and see the futility in further donation towards cancer research. Quite the talent.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Ego raptor? God damn I love that guy, it's obviously because brand x bought him skull girls(or some SG player said they did) whatever, he's super popular but most people don't follow him anyways, kinda sad but people usually just watch awesome series and walk away.
I'm amazed that you can both predict the future, and see the futility in further donation towards cancer research. Quite the talent.
It's actually quite the feat. He would have known that milk is a bad choice :troll:

Darkurai

Smash Master
Never been a big fan of Egoraptor, but him reblogging that is a great asset to the Skullgirls community.

This fight is not over yet, and frankly I kind of like it that way. It's going to get very interesting, and most importantly it gets more money going to the Breast Cancer Research foundation.

Revven

FrankerZ
It'd be quite a blow if Ego/Jon created a video and uploaded it to Game Grumps youtube... last I checked they have like 500,000 subs or some ridiculous number.

Hopefully that won't happen though (and I kind of doubt it will, considering Game Grumps channel is just for their playthroughs & anything related to them like their T-shirt sales). Buuuuuut it is within the realm of possibility.

BrandX

Smash Ace
And we will almost assuredly lose if that happens, lol
stop giving them ideas
Don't game grumps like smash too though?
I sent jon and arin a psn 20 dollar code in 2 pms yesterday before your drive. You better hope they dont listen to the long email i gave them

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yeah, but they also support indie gaming.

Smooth Criminal
They also have a brawl versus series. Aruba not the type to take part j. A competition between communities though. If he did do it I think he'd just make a post about the fund saying donate for whoever, as for what he posted before it was just a general sg comment, didn't say he was donating, just that he liked the fundraiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom