• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and CCX Present: SSB64 Tournament - Primal Smash - Sun April 8, 2007

Sensei

Smash Lord
Max, you don't have to explain to me. I know life can interfere with your plans sometimes. I am sorry you can't make it. We will get a chance to play each other hopefully at your smashfest. Who knows, maybe I'll get to play ssb with you at Smashtality 3. Giving me your best controller is very generous of you, but are you sure you don't want it? I will accept your gracious gift if you truly feel the need to part with it. My event should run well, thanks. And good luck with whatever your family needs you for.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Important Info!!!

First post has been updated with this as long as with some other stuff.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Since this tournament is on Easter Sunday, the store is basically opening up just for us. So we have to finish up quickly with no nonsense. If I see you playing a friendly on a tournament TV, I am going to Kick you off. If I see you doing it again, you will be disqualified without refund! I plan on finishing this around 6 PM, so if you are late, you will be charged a $5 late fee. So get here before 12:30 for teams! You will pay a $5 late fee for singles as well if you arrive after the brackets have been made.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I managed to find a car. If anyone needs a ride and is in the general area between New Haven and Wayne I ask and see if I can give you a ride.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Might be able to make it despite religious obligations. XDDDD

64iGarunteeVictory

Smash Rookie
Yup, Managed to secure a borrowance (sp?) on mom's car, so I'm good to go. I'm coming up from the Philly area, does anybody along the way need a lift? (In jersey I'll be getting on the Turnpike @ Exit 4). Afterwards I gotta haul-*** back to philly cuz the new Hal Hartley movie is showing at the Philly film festival.

Is this the first PrimalSmash Tourney at this location? If not, do alot of people come out to it (i.e. more than just the people who read these forums?)

Moocow007

Smash Ace
Bleh, me and Bawk won't be on time for teams unless someone in our area can offer a ride cuz Megavolt can't come early. We'll be there for singles either way, though.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well my chances are slim of coming to this. Right now my parents have been busy all day and have been angery over a lot of things. Second off its Easter so we might be busy.

I don't think easter was exactly the best day to pick, I most likely can't come because the fact that its easter.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I'm planning on recording some matches on a digital camera if no one minds. Unless Sensei's got some equipment to link up with a laptop or has plans to record the matches himself.

See you all tomorrow.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Can't sleep. Too excited.

Gonna try again. XDDDD

Church first tommorow. Then tournament. ^^

Sensei

Smash Lord
Yea, I didn't know it was easter when I chose the date. Then, someone told me but it was already like halfway until the tournament. Next time, I will make sure there is not some holiday during my tournaments xS...

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
**** so drunk, I'll see you guys tomorrow morning after a 2 and 1/2 hour drive with a huge hangover. Lol that's what I'm going there for.

Mura

Smash Apprentice
Yay. Church was fun. Now...hoping that my parent's car can be repaired. XD

Something's wrong with a tire. XD

Sensei

Smash Lord
Moocow, M3gv01t needs to pick you up. Could you please call m3gav01t or post your number here. His number is 609-947-5519. Also, singles is starting first, then teams. So you can still team with bawkchicken.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
i just saw your post now, Sensei. if i had the number before i coulda called, but i ended up falling asleep and missing your post because Bawk and i still didn't know what we were doing by noon.. sorry we couldn't show, we were looking forward to it.

64iGarunteeVictory

Smash Rookie
It was sweet meeting you guys, Umbra can you send me some of the video from Sunday?

Also, do any of you guys have video on the web of you guys playing SSB64? Sensei, Krazy Kirby, Mura, or the dude who won? I gotta show my boys some of your moves, they're gonna **** themselves...

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
keshiki won.

yeah umbra, can you post the links of the videos in this thread once you get a chance to upload them?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah sure. I had a test today, but I should be able to have at least the finals up by later today.

Btw Pikashox, it was you and Keshiki in the winner's bracket right?

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
OMG so pikashox was true to his words a couple of pages bakc i guess. nice thing good for a change.

dont take it bad but everytime sensei doesnt win the tourneys he goes weird xD

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i missed singles. i didn't have a team partner. it was aggravating.

also, i think it was sensei vs. keshiki in the finals. good job keshiki.

sorry moocow, i had a lot of trouble navigating around your area and i couldn't find your house.

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
from what i remember in the winners bracket...

first round:

mura vs. krazykirby (krazykirby won)

keshiki vs. gauranteedvictory (keshiki won)

henry vs. pikashox (pikashox won)

umbra vs. sensei (sensei won)

second round:

krazykirby vs. keshiki (keshiki won)

sensei vs. pikashox (pikashox won)

winners bracket finals:

keshiki vs. pikashox (keshiki won)

i then faced sensei again (winner of the loser's bracket) and got owned giving me third place. keshiki then beat sensei.

1. keshiki
2. sensei
3. pikashox

ok thanks umbra

jbsc, what did i say a couple pages back?

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt matter anymore according to what you just inform, sensei did own you afterwards

Congratulations KESHIKI

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
ehh not really "own"

it was pikachu vs. pikachu on dreamland and he won by 1-2 ish stocks each time i think... (maybe i should have agreed with him on hyrule lol)

and me and sensei are 1-1 :D

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
OMG so pikashox was true to his words a couple of pages bakc i guess. nice thing good for a change.

dont take it bad but everytime sensei doesnt win the tourneys he goes weird xD
what do you mean i go wierd? If i were to lose to anyone, im glad it was Keshiki. He is too good.

BTW, in case it hasn't registered, this is sensei.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I'm compressing the vids now.

Do you guys want music? Or just original sound from the recording?

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
original sound is better imo

you get to hear what the players are saying and screaming xD

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Original sound it is.

I've got the finals uploaded, here are the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_HDDtpXAUU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLfqNYUQ8X0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDk8w9TY_6w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uln20M7RAZA

The quality isn't great, but it's viewable. There was no stand so I did my best to hold the camera steady. :) After uploading I realized that there was a little sound desynch but it's not a major annoyance since there's a lot of background noise and people talking anyways.

EDIT: BTW, one of the rounds does have music because I had already made it before I saw Pika's post. I'll have the rest of the rounds up tomorrow. Enjoy.

Belmont

Smash Apprentice
wait wtf, sensei = mew2king?

sucks me and moo couldn't make it, me and moo practiced for liek 2 hours a day before.

malva00

Smash Master
lol who walked past the tv?

I think krazy kirby is playing with other people on the other tv Belmont, when you hear voices in a video it doesn't mean those are the people playing

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
btw, there seems to be a problem with one of the videos said its unaveilable

Its KESHIKI mario vs sensei fox on hyrule

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
I heard me groaning like 10 times lol

Thanks for the vids, Umbrasquall.
Thanks to you guys. I've learned that I need to start playing differently. Blindly attacking people obviously doesn't work outside of my circle of friends haha. I need to work on my mind game.

I've uploaded more tournament matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWF3A392rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCOj2h8TBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_6ughHrtZI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqAOaRql2Qw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3rHoc45WyM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3dLrSeGh8

And that's all for the tourney rounds. I have a few friendly games recorded too. I'll see about uploading them soon.

Top Bottom