• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
I'd love to play, I just got out of class for the day. I still need to buy a controller. I'm a complete n00b, so I'm trying to play as much as possible.

So, keep me updated and ****. I don't drive, so I probably can't get there, but whenever I have a ride, I will come out. Again, everyone will **** me, but I plan to get much, much better.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
sooooo uhhhhh.....someone should hold a fest saturday night! what's goin on peoples!!! who wants to do this? Who has the capability of supporting all these people? [that's an indirect jab at the lack of practicality of holding a huge fest at Ether's place...though it does make things a lot easier for me and all the other ODU smashers, but then you got other people who live way far away from here :( ugh.] We need to figure SOMETHING out.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
cause i play fox dude that was an easy one =D

But seriously i dunno lol

I hope to see all you guys again soon =)

Oh the reason why im so good is because ive played this game forever and its the only video game i still play lol

toasty

Smash Hero
cause i play fox dude that was an easy one =D

But seriously i dunno lol

I hope to see all you guys again soon =)

Oh the reason why im so good is because ive played this game forever and its the only video game i still play lol
+ catfish and hushpuppies? o_O

you should stop by Saturday night on your way back down and smash with us Adam!!! =D =D =D

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
dude you know id love to yet...

I got work at 6 in the morning on sunday =(

I seriously wanna see you guys soon though

Im gonna get you guys in the catfish combo then its over

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
i wanna go to chus ~.~: i gots ta get mah CAR >.<

ok sooooo a shprt list of who may be there, i may not have everyone and may add some people that may not show so.....

O-NO*
Beast*
Blackheart Lee*
Riku
Kitsune
Ether
Toasty
Wiggles
Mashi
Sen
Dragon Charlz
Whodat
Slash talon
Aroura
Unreall
Xeno
Boss
C-stick

I havent added richmond because i know not if or who is coming *looks at tope* but im asssuming

Tope
Doll
Nelo
Savedge?
Cyrain?

Some of us know lots of other smashers that arent usually on the boards or in the know for tourneys. i need you all to get out to the ones you know, like Mashi, you know j-wu perttty well, and see if we can get a better turn out.

some of you live neer each other or atleast in the same city. Shaman, you may beable to ride up with sen and dragon charlz if you ask them.

*we all live here, and thus pay no venue.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doll and I will be there for sure.

Nelo and Isra won't be there.

Cyrain and Geos are coming as well.

Savage might come as well depending.

Ether

Smash Ace
Two nights ago, I went to Otis' house to play Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. As I walked in, everyone casually said, "Hi," to me, and I sat down. I was pretty content having a controller with two non-melted sticks. I figured that this would be an amazing night.

We started playing, and I could immediately see the gap between my skill and O-NO's. The horror started when he defeated me with Sean, scoring nearly a perfect win. I said, "Good game," to be friendly, and O-NO just nodded. Just as we started the next match, his cell phone rang.

Keeping one hand on the controller, he reached into his pocket with his free hand and answered his phone, all the while comboing me. I couldn't believe it--he was kicking my *** with one hand.

Blackheart Lee came over and saw what was happening. He laughed so hard at me. I had never been so humiliated in my life. I glanced over at the nearby GameCube. "Wtf are you looking over there for, Ether?" said O-NO. "This ain't smash, *****!"

I choked back tears and made an inaudible reply. "What's that, Ether?" he said. Blackheart Lee chimed in, "Haha, Ether's gonna cry!"

I couldn't let my fear get the best of me. I chose Ryu, and O-NO chose Makoto. He said, "I'll make this easy for you, Ether. This time, I'm not gonna block." Figuring I had him, I started the match with a jumping fierce kick. He parried it and launched a 0-to-death combo. By now, a crowd had gathered, and everyone was laughing at me.

I had to defend myself, so I thought of my best joke. "What's up with Makoto's hair?" Everyone got quiet. Little murmurs filled the room, like, "Wtf? Ha, what kind of joke?" "Is that the best he can do?" Then everyone laughed at me again.

O-NO got up from beside me and got in my face. "Who you gonna play now, Ether? Red Ken?" I was astonished because I was, in fact, planning on playing Red Ken. O-NO had his controller in front of him, like he was gonna play with his back to the screen and stare at me with his menacing eyes. "Go ahead and play Red Ken, Red Ken."

"What?" I asked. "My name's Ether."

"Whatever, Red Ken."

Otis chose Makoto, and the match started. I tried my best to look over Otis' head, but he kept getting in my face. "What are you looking at, Red Ken?" he said. I couldn't believe it, he was comboing me while his back was turned to the t.v. I tried the almighty Shoryuken, but all that was heard was "Sho" before O-NO hit me, saying, "Get that **** out of here, Red Ken!" I glanced at the controller port. I knew I had one last move in my arsenal, the Choke Cord. O-NO saw me and made a gesture in my face with his controller, saying, "You better not. I'll get to you before you get to me."

I had maybe a quarter of health left. I had not hit Otis once. I decided to throw out a flurry of standing and crouching jabs, praying for one or more of them to hit. By some epic miracle, one jab did connect to Makoto's face. Right then, the crowd got silent. The room was very still. Otis looked right at me and said very slowly, "Give....me...my....****ing...health...back!"

I could no longer hold back the tears. Hot white streams poured from my eyes. Sobbing, I told O-NO that I didn't know how to give him his health back. "Well, I'm gonna take it," was his reply. I looked up at the screen again, and I KID YOU NOT, his Makoto was at full health and my Ken had lost some health. He finished me off with a quick combo, and I just ran the hell out of there.

I will never, EVER play O-NO in SFIII: 3rd Strike again.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
haha i was kidding, but in reality it goes 3/2>1>****>4

3 is basically 2 with better graphics and Xion, Kohryu, and Uranus
Xion for lyfe!

They'd be cool characters in Smash. Specially Bakuryu the Mole.

toasty

Smash Hero
omfg Ether's Chillin-lite Choke Cord post was too amazing. I wish everyone really knew why all of the detailed imagery, exaggeration, and flowery prose is even funnier than it is at face value. Then again, I can only hope that ALL OF IT WAS TRUE! It's what dreams are made of: Ether's tears.

Good **** Otis. And by the way? I later realized that I won that Corneria match [and thus the set! OH SNAPZ! IT'S ON!] by default, son. Thx for stalling and running out the clock without actually doing anything. ^_^

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Ether's Epic tale of 3S.....I'll beleive it. Makoto is a dirty *****...she's too strong to be wearing that d@mn ribbon.

Not sure about Whodat coming to this yet, but me and Dragonz are slated to come. Hope it's worth as I'm stuck working eight days in a row to get the weekend off.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Two nights ago, I went to Otis' house to play Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. As I walked in, everyone casually said, "Hi," to me, and I sat down. I was pretty content having a controller with two non-melted sticks. I figured that this would be an amazing night.

We started playing, and I could immediately see the gap between my skill and O-NO's. The horror started when he defeated me with Sean, scoring nearly a perfect win. I said, "Good game," to be friendly, and O-NO just nodded. Just as we started the next match, his cell phone rang.

Keeping one hand on the controller, he reached into his pocket with his free hand and answered his phone, all the while comboing me. I couldn't believe it--he was kicking my *** with one hand.

Blackheart Lee came over and saw what was happening. He laughed so hard at me. I had never been so humiliated in my life. I glanced over at the nearby GameCube. "Wtf are you looking over there for, Ether?" said O-NO. "This ain't smash, *****!"

I choked back tears and made an inaudible reply. "What's that, Ether?" he said. Blackheart Lee chimed in, "Haha, Ether's gonna cry!"

I couldn't let my fear get the best of me. I chose Ryu, and O-NO chose Makoto. He said, "I'll make this easy for you, Ether. This time, I'm not gonna block." Figuring I had him, I started the match with a jumping fierce kick. He parried it and launched a 0-to-death combo. By now, a crowd had gathered, and everyone was laughing at me.

I had to defend myself, so I thought of my best joke. "What's up with Makoto's hair?" Everyone got quiet. Little murmurs filled the room, like, "Wtf? Ha, what kind of joke?" "Is that the best he can do?" Then everyone laughed at me again.

O-NO got up from beside me and got in my face. "Who you gonna play now, Ether? Red Ken?" I was astonished because I was, in fact, planning on playing Red Ken. O-NO had his controller in front of him, like he was gonna play with his back to the screen and stare at me with his menacing eyes. "Go ahead and play Red Ken, Red Ken."

"What?" I asked. "My name's Ether."

"Whatever, Red Ken."

Otis chose Makoto, and the match started. I tried my best to look over Otis' head, but he kept getting in my face. "What are you looking at, Red Ken?" he said. I couldn't believe it, he was comboing me while his back was turned to the t.v. I tried the almighty Shoryuken, but all that was heard was "Sho" before O-NO hit me, saying, "Get that **** out of here, Red Ken!" I glanced at the controller port. I knew I had one last move in my arsenal, the Choke Cord. O-NO saw me and made a gesture in my face with his controller, saying, "You better not. I'll get to you before you get to me."

I had maybe a quarter of health left. I had not hit Otis once. I decided to throw out a flurry of standing and crouching jabs, praying for one or more of them to hit. By some epic miracle, one jab did connect to Makoto's face. Right then, the crowd got silent. The room was very still. Otis looked right at me and said very slowly, "Give....me...my....****ing...health...back!"

I could no longer hold back the tears. Hot white streams poured from my eyes. Sobbing, I told O-NO that I didn't know how to give him his health back. "Well, I'm gonna take it," was his reply. I looked up at the screen again, and I KID YOU NOT, his Makoto was at full health and my Ken had lost some health. He finished me off with a quick combo, and I just ran the hell out of there.

I will never, EVER play O-NO in SFIII: 3rd Strike again.
too EPIC!!!!!
<3 Ether...no homo

haha i was kidding, but in reality it goes 3/2>1>****>4

3 is basically 2 with better graphics and Xion, Kohryu, and Uranus
Xion for lyfe!

They'd be cool characters in Smash. Specially Bakuryu the Mole.
Bloody roar anything = FAIL.
Been practicing up my 3rd Strike and CVS2 games.

MM anyone?
Bring the noise. CVS2 all day son.

Top Bottom