• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new use for Fox's Blaster

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I don't know if this is new or not, but Fox's Blaster is arguably the best "KO point stealing move" in the game. Have you ever let someone do all the work for trying to KO someone in a melee battle, and then they knocked them off, and then you shot the victim with 1 of Fox's lasers while they were trying(but failed) to get back on the stage and died. That gives Fox the point for the KO because technically he was the last person to hit the foe when they were in the air, about to die. As long as you shoot the foe with Fox's laser when they're in the air, and they land off the stage(in death) before they land, then you get credit for the KO. This even works if you shoot your foe RIGHT after someone hits them. Fox's Blaster doesn't stun foes, it just damages, which for this is good because if it did stun, it would let the your foe do another jump to recover when they're knocked off, and that wouldn't be good. I hope this isn't old news and I don't sound like a n00b for saying it, even though I've known this for quite some time.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
See, this kill-stealing with the laser thing in time battles is one of the reasons why I think the heavy hitters are far more effective in Melees, and why the game was designed to be more balanced towards ffa.

It's easy to kill-steal with the blaster when you're just going after someone recovering. It's more difficult to hit a target with the blaster that, say, has been smacked by a Warlock Punch.

Wuhubettur

Smash Apprentice
My bro has made use of such a tactic for quite a time, and it simply drives the rest of us mad. Of course, while KOs are nice to have, they have nothing to do with winning (in stock matches), so I wouldn't call this ability an immense benefit. More like a pain in the neck.

~FINIS~

Corin

Smash Lord
I don't go for stuff like that. I do use fox most of the time but I have not done this technique too often. I find that it doesn't matter in stock matches and since I don't play any other type of matches, this technique doesn't mean too much... other people may find it useful in time mode but thats about it...

~Corin.

SSB:M Rules

Smash Apprentice
I've wondered about this thing a long time , but I never felt like trying it out. Now I know it's true , so thanks. It's also very easy to do , because Fox has a rapid fire laser. If you go near an edge and shoot all the time , it's nearly impossible to miss.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Indeed, your brother is quite obsessive over kills, wuhubettur. Many a time have I vanquished a foe only to have the credit lifted out of my hands by his blaster.

It doesn't prove anything except willingness to resort to unscrupulous tactics.

Some_Link_fan

Smash Cadet
Things like this would have me screaming 'YOU CHEAP [insert viscous insult here]!!!!'. I _hate_ people who do this. I still love time over stock, though, as you can lurk in stock but that would get you annihilated in time. If someone stole my KO like that, I get angry. I even get angry when I build someone's damage up then they smash them off. My friend does this with Yoshi (2 on 2). The thing is, I can still fight good when I'm angry =)

Sacred Ice

Smash Journeyman

Is this possible to do? It should be.

Edit: I just noticed the three laserbeams, it's his back throw.

Lighted_Warrior4

Smash Apprentice
I do this a lot to my bros but that's only in 3 player battles. When I pick fox, my bros' guards are up and are prepare to defend there falling K.O victim from foxes laser shot. I usually throw myself into the shot to protect my K.O from my other opponent

Shuriken79

Smash Cadet
also...

Another useful thing that Fox can do...

When you decide to use Fox's Smash B, but then realize that it will leave you open, shoot you over a gaping abyss, etc, simply tap B quickly and Fox's dash will be shortened a lot

I dunno if attention has already been called to this or not, but I just thought I should share it :chuckle:

gareths23

Smash Apprentice
Cheap

I hope i am not spaming or being annoying to anyone but i thort that i may as well say this: my freind used to allways play as ness in ssb and he used PK thunder to get the last hit when I or anther freind knocked them off the stage. We did all the work in knocking them off the stage and he gets the point!:mad: Doing this with any character with a projectle acctack is annoying, mean, rude and unfair.
If you want to do this, check if it is ok with the other player first.
I'm just trying to make this game fair for everyone out there! ;)
I hope i have made a deffernce. Thank you.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I was fixing to say, "Are you dead serious?", but then I looked at the post date. It's still fun to look at this post though lol.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
LMFAO I'm such a noob
Way to bump. :laugh:

I was fixing to say, "Are you dead serious?", but then I looked at the post date. It's still fun to look at this post though lol.
Yeah, I was about to say "No, really? ", then I saw it was 2002 and I realized that it's not so nooby if it was that long ago.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Little did the other members know that one day, this kid would woop all there *****.

otg

Smash Master
hai guyz, lik i found this trick u cud do wit fox's lazerz afta playin Brawl da oda dai.

so likz, u just camp bi da edge and uz lots of pew pew til dey *** 2 u, nd dan run away.

it works 1000 pursents of the timez, thanx Brawl!

Top Bottom