• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Mask Salesman's Happy Picture and Texture Shop! (undergoing changes)

Arean

Smash Ace
poor zelda... being ***** and her head was buried as well D:

Ijustwanttofly

Smash Cadet
I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your very kind words, especially given the excellent material in this thread. I must speak with my tailor concerning some of the “recolouring” ideas of the Heartless Prince Of Light. And I do hope that airgemini does not mind me borrowing a couple of his or her poses.

My show has been delayed for some time due to “real-life” concerns of my producer ... whatever pathetic excuse for an excuse that that may be. Some of you may not find the following episode quite as entertaining as previous showings. In particular I think of Arean, who has such perverted tastes as to actually find joy in the lizard-induced complete destruction of the dignity of a small innocent princess. Having said that, this story may be setting up for a future of uncertainty...

PRODUCER’S NOTE: I think you have excellent taste, Arean. :laugh:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings once more and welcome back! I am Princess Zelda, your hostess of the best-rated cable television miniseries among those with less than 10 viewers! Having previously published an episode intended for the ladies in the audience, I spoke with my producer regarding the notion of filming an episode for the gentlemen ... only to be rebuffed with a rather impolite response about the insufficient numbers of “Brawl Babes.” Apparently I am a member of an “endangered species,” or whatever he intended by that remark. Regardless ... rejoice, ladies! Today’s topic is menfolk ... and what to look for when you are inclined to pursue them.

Here comes our first specimen! ... (sigh) ... Luigi. (Psst, did you have to send him in first?!?)

Luigi is ... interesting. He does have some positive qualities, and is a known hero ... after a fashion. However, I must quote a learned philosopher acquaintance that once referred to Luigi as a “goofball.” In the end, I wouldn’t bother with him.

Here is one with a bright future. Pit is strong, and brave, and he can fly! There are things to like here ... alas, he is still merely a child. Look elsewhere for now.

At last, a man I can recommend! ... to Princess Peach. I see good things in Mario. He may be a mere plumber, but my spies report that “there’s probably not a single person who doesn’t know Mario. He’s that famous.” For good reasons. However, I cannot recommend Mario to any other ladies, given that he may or may not exactly be considered an eligible bachelor.

Truth be told, I am not so certain that I would pursue him myself, were he available. He is a tad on the ... erm, short ... side.

:olimar: Who are you calling short?!?

... er, I ...

Oh!

There, there, I didn’t mean anything by it. I am sorry. Please do not cut my ankles.

:metaknight: ... (sniff) ... Hold me ...

There goes someone with the ... potential ... to be a good man. There may be those among you who would fancy Sonic, and I should not dissuade you. Personally, however, he is too impatient for my own liking.

:falcon: Show me your @#&%$’s!

Well, I never! Hold steady there, Captain! Posturing before me is an athletic man of possibly attractive appearance who may possess even less patience than Sonic, were that achievable. I can not approve of his manners, let alone his lifestyle.

:falcon: Whatever, elf-babe. Zamus won’t resist my manliness, pick-up lines and nipples. She’s the most babe-elicious babe anyways. I’m leavin’ you in the dust!

Yes, you do that. Begone. ... (“babe-elicious”? What does that mean?) ...

Finally, we see a man worth the attention. I find the artificially-dyed hair a bit odd, but as for important qualities, Ike certainly possesses nothing for me to complain about. Such should be expected from one who fights for his friends. Moreover, he has a highly sizeable ... umm, sword.

... Wha-? What is this one doing here?

Psst, Zelda! He’s a man! Don’t you know?

Preposterous! What do you take me for? My intellect is several thousand times the quality of yours. I can handle such basic tasks as the identification of gender, whereas you are a mere producer. Unless you would prefer to do without the star of your show and appear on camera thyself, I suggest ceasing your insults.

There goes another fast-living young man.

Princess Peach was correct when she called Fox cute, and fuzzy. I agree; he is attractive, and heroic as well. Unfortunately, he lives so dangerously and gets into so many fights that I do not think that I can recommend him wholeheartedly.

Now, that is just hairy. Ick.

... what man do you have up next for me? I prithee finally send one who is as inclined to love as he is to fight.

... !

Oh, I’m not even going there.

But you did ask-

Shut thy speaking orifice.

I do believe that it is time for a short break. Please enjoy these messages whilst I strangle my producer.

Ijustwanttofly

Smash Cadet

Oh! Some among you have returned! This is most unexpected, but welcome! I shall do my best to ensure that the remainder of the show is worth your while. If you are just joining us, you can find the first half just above.

Our next gentleman is a legendary hero who has saved the world several times over. He is a powerful yet clever fighter, tall, dark, and handsome ... although I cannot say if I should trust Snake any farther than the width of a horse’s hair.

He is also known for his rather ... er, disturbing ... derriere. I have heard rumours that he has a disturbing way with the derrieres of others as well.

Speaking of which ...

That is nothing short of gross.

Pray pardon me for a short moment, I must do something.

Hop!

There. It is done.

Oh my goodness. I think that I shall be ill.

:warioc: Waaah! Gimme some sugar, baby!

EEEK!

Unhand me, foul man! I have been eaten alive too many times already!

Ha!

:warioc: Oh!

This man is as fetid as a marsh full of wet dogs, and has (ahem) “manners” to match. I will never understand what Mona sees in him.

I am serious. He is the only one as rank as a certain eight-foot-tall, unclean, armour-clad scoundrel. My learned philosopher acquaintance once referred to the scoundrel as “stankier‘n a skunk’s armpit.” I dare say Wario is just as bad.

On to our next gentleman.

:ganondorf: YOU DARE MOCK ME?!?

:ganondorf: I AM EIGHT FEET AND ONE QUARTER INCH!!!!! WITHOUT BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ack!

:ganondorf: ADMIT IT!!!

Egad, not again.

Hiya!!

:ganondorf: RRRRRRRRRGGG!!!!

Do watch that last step, Eightfoot!

(Sigh.) Is there any man here worthy of my time? I have been so very patient, and but for the brief passing by of one purple-haired gentleman, o so disappointed. Ere long, I shall retire to my castl- ... (GASP!) Gracious! :love:

:heart: He has manners! Style and grace! So intelligent, such a big brain! Such powers! And what an adorable little cowlick! :heart::heart: My hero!!! :heart::heart:

Ah, sigh. :urg: Will he never notice me? He has not even told me his name...

Oops, oh no! The treacherous surface!

Is your little derriere intact? Oh goodness!

Best be on your way, then. I shall not slow thee down. :( ... (sniffle) ...

O, will there ever be another like h- ... YIPE!

Oh. Hello, Link. It is so ... (cough, ahem) good ... to see you. Impeccable timing. I see that you are as smooth with the ladies as always.

*Ahem.* That was your cue to release me. Please do so.

NOW.

Thank you.

May I inquire what has become of your immodestly-clad young lady friend? The one you call Zammy? Praytell, did the rude Captain woo her away? That would be such a misfortune...

... ? Did I hear someone running?

... I suppose not. Forget it.

Such a sad conclusion, but I am afraid that we have run short of time. Please join me in my next episode. What further horrors will my mean-spirited producer visit upon me? I am sure that some among you will be interested. (I didst not actually strangle him, though perhaps I should ere it is too late.) Fare thee well.

Arean

Smash Ace
Why thank you ever so much for that special mention my dear -insert long name-.
Yes I believe that these episodes lack a certain clmax but I love your composition. Such words of wisdom displayed are truly genius. And what ever so happened to ness?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The story was excellent once again: Zelda´s aim seems to be perfect, she hit both Wario and Ganondorf exactly where it hurts the most,, but I´ll have to agree with Arean: why was Ness missing?

Outtakes!
Oh cool, we now get even the outtakes!

Yet again, Zelda´s legs are coming through her dress...

Some really nice Zelda & Ike pictures RoyalBlood!

I can´t see the ones in your first post (the one before the story) airgemini :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A few more of my Zelda snapshots.

Zelda got scarred.

The princesses and the hounds.

The ladies admire Funky Kong.

Tiny Wario gets no respect.

Revenge against Ganondorf.

Caught by the fire.

DK finds out that this woman is not worth taking.

Arean

Smash Ace
I have more nice pictures of Zelda, Ill get them organized later

Ijustwanttofly

Smash Cadet
And what ever so happened to ness?
I´ll have to agree with Arean: why was Ness missing?
I had figured that Ness's appearance (before Lucas, since Lucas is at the end) would mess up or complicate the joke of Zelda first dismissing Pit as too young, and then being unable to conceal her crush on the first big-brained six-year-old she sees. My misjudgment. Same reason for no Popo. Ness's own big brain kinda messed me up too when I was trying to come up with what she would say. Too many kids. :) And I wanted to use Lucas because he's shy and clumsy. ;)

I have decided what my next two stories will be (they're shorter, thank goodness) but unfortunately I won't have a chance to screenshot them and write them up until the weekend at best. Ness isn't included. Maybe I can work him into a later story.

Wow, this thread exploded after a few somewhat slower days! I come home and there are like 10 new posts including good pics in three hours! :)

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Though this question was asked a few pages back, I just got done being severely ill RL-wise and would like to respond now: Yes, I do read the little stories with the photos. Amusing stuff in most cases, and I think it's nice she advocates self-responsibility values like self defense, etc. in between what appears to be outbursts in a hybrid of feudal Ye Royale English and Colonial America speech mannerisms. Edit: I almost wonder when she'll have Thomas Jefferson on the show as a guest...

I just disagree that you need a permit; self-defense is a right, not a privilege. After all, she didn't have to register her Din's Fire, heh heh.

On another note... my god, the leg-through-dress clipping happens way too often when I try stuff like this. Is this a regular problem for anyone else?

Arean

Smash Ace
Hm. I'd assume the brightred is probably the invisible hit box.
Could you imagine if the dull red was a part of the hitbox?! It would be so awesome.
I love how its all lit up.
My my, that pic is nothing to the one I took, it shows the MAXIMUM capability of dins fire's hitbox

Here, and knock yourself out

now THATS din's fire hitbox, notice how it hits peach at that range? And no that is no smartbomb xD

Arean

Smash Ace
hehehe thanks, And I love how the background fits it so well, final destination usually looks dull but this was perfect timing.

Ijustwanttofly

Smash Cadet
I just got done being severely ill RL-wise
I actually started writing the Zelda stories during a few days when I was at home from work sick, couldn't really go out or do anything else, and got bored. Glad to hear you're doing better.

Yes, I do read the little stories with the photos.
Thank you, also good to hear. :)

... what appears to be outbursts in a hybrid of feudal Ye Royale English and Colonial America speech mannerisms. Edit: I almost wonder when she'll have Thomas Jefferson on the show as a guest....
Haha, sounds like you probably know more about these dialects / whatever they are than I do. I just make them up, trying to go more medieval the more upset she is. :laugh: That's a great idea, I need to learn how to edit the images to allow conversations with non-Brawl characters, though I don't own the commercial version of Photoshop ...

I just disagree that you need a permit;
I totally didn't intend to advocate on this thread what could be considered a political issue. I do have an opinion on it but this doesn't seem like the place to share it. I just needed Zelda to deal with Snake and Ganon in a way that was humorous, fit with the episode's theme, and helped the story flow. Doesn't matter (here) what I think, I just hope people smile at what she thinks. :)

... my god, the leg-through-dress clipping happens way too often when I try stuff like this. Is this a regular problem for anyone else?
It doesn't happen regularly for me in Brawl. Usually only when Zelda is in a painful getting-thrown animation like those examples with Robot and Peach. Are there any pics where we see significant clipping and she doesn't have a pained expression on her face? On the other hand, if I tried to make stories with screenshots in Melee ... I haven't, but it was far worse with Melee. (Hmm, I wonder if I could ... ) :idea:

To airgemini and Arean:

Sweet, both of those shots ought to be in a guide!

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Heh, yeah. I was just tossing the whole permit thing up there as idle musings; I seriously doubt anyone gives that much of a care about human rights philosophy on a... *looks around* ...videogame forum. Yes. I was partially being silly, in any case.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck with the stuff I'm trying to do photos with then, if the clipping isn't bugging you much. Thanks for letting me know.

About "commercial Photoshop"... I admit I've never touched it. At the risk of suggesting something that may not fit your needs, have you looked at GIMP? Open-source, free image editor available for most OSes. It's what I use in Linux (Kubuntu 7.10) since Paintshop and Photoshop both choke and die when I try them. I've never really felt handicapped while using it.

As for knowing more about language stuff, the only 'old dialect' I'd consider myself reasonably decent with is Colonial America english. And that's mostly due to reading a lot of stuff from that time. Your Zelda text is landing more toward what I figure Stereotypical Royale Olde English (tm) is like; thou'rt talking liketh this, verily. ...I'm not even sure I had a point in mentioning that. Ah well.

Anyway, it is good stuff. Sorry if I got onto tangents and nonsense, but I'm definitely enjoying these, especially after realizing Zelda really is my main (I just recently gave up on Ike).

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
Hey, I noticed...all of the pics are of Zelda from the game directly...however, I found a picture that was hand drawn and I couldn't resist recoloring it!
here it is:

A Lovely Tribute to Dark Zelda:

there are a LOT of imperfections in this piece, but I love it so...notice how the bottom of the dress is messed up in parts... :p
I still luff it!

NEXT STORY COMING SOON!
:B

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Hey Heartless Prince Of Light, that picture is really good. Both drawing and coloring are well done. You should post that drawing into the Zelda fanart threat, it should be somewhere in these Zelda forums...

Arean

Smash Ace
post the original picture as well! i wanna see the original coloring

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
I am currently making one of every costume she has in brawl, so far I've got the original, Dark, and Blue done.

Edit:
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments!

@airgemini: that person does have talent.Agreed. :D
@Half-Split Soul: I should, and most likely will!
@Arean: I will! ^-^ just let me finish my other variations of he drawing and it shall be done!

Thank you all once again!

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow

Zelda is barfing, what is Peach going to do?:dizzy:

Ganondorf: Hot body...mmmm...

Zelda: Let me go!

Zelda's falling!

Zelda: Yeah, that's the spot!

Anyone notice any similarities in these pictures? rofl.

Top Bottom