• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
I BACK TOASTY 100%

Ill join him in banning you from any tourney hosted or that i am at. lets not make this a big issue, we only wanna play smash and have a good time. stop being a ****.

i MAY attend on saturday. i cant say for sure though.

EDIT: I also reserve the right to whoop the *** of anyone ****ing with toasty. and i WONT be alone....

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Khalil- there's a 75 percent chance ill be there this weekend. If i do come, ill bring a full setup.

Wii+TV

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
*wants to seriously hit a certain person square in their arrogant horrible-disposition-having face*

Even if they didn't do it. I rarely honestly dislike people. But sometimes...just sometimes...there's just that one person. Wow. I'd rather have my Ness/Pika get chaingrabbed by a Sheik for 4 stocks in every match of a 50-out-of-99 $100 MM than have to suffer this person's presence. And I don't even hate this person. Not at all. I can't explain why I feel this way, and nothing could come from acting on this feeling (except equal parts satisfaction and regret)............../vent

on a related note:
I might give IV and S-man **** on the boards and veiled contempt in person, but truthfully, I don't mind (and kind of like) them. If I could, I would play Melee with them a lot. So much ambition and heart. They just put their collective feet in their mouths from time to time. But who doesn't every now and then?

Glad to see STARS show up again and continue to support the community's growth.

PTZR: those Roy dittos were HORRIBLE...for real. I will try to play Melee before we play again next time. I think I've played Melee LITERALLY 4 times in the last 2 months...three of those times were in tourney, including last night. No real Johns, that's my fault. I wish my friends that live close played Melee :( :( :(
U r confusing. I'm a "debater" for a reason, u know. Lol @ veiled contempt(?); is this about me hating brawl or about something else having gone unnoticed by me? I never noticed anything on the boards coming from u that was ever negative toward me or my cousin. Toasty is too good; that is fact.

"*wants to seriously hit a certain person square in their arrogant horrible-disposition-having face*"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
HI SCORE GAMING PRESENTS: toasty Presents: Brawl Singles - August 9th

After some deliberation, it was decided that the next Hi Score tournament will be ONLY Brawl. ONLY Singles. NO Melee.

Why?

Because this will be a huge event. When I say huge, I mean that it's not just for the "community." There will also be, I believe, Halo and Call of Duty tournaments going on simultaneously. In case you missed the announcement before, there will be:

Prizes from Coca-Cola (I think 4 passes to Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens)...pretty sure it's a raffle.
Monster will be there giving free energy drinks.
MAX FM is going to be promoting this on their station and I believe they will be present AT the tournament.

What does all of this add up to?

A lot of, as Seprent pointed out to me in a PM, non-hardcore Smash players. Brawl is the current game of interest for more randoms. This means more money for the venue, more money in the pot, and a bigger better tournament in general. If they see Melee, there's a chance that 1) they won't be interested in this "old game" they have no idea how to play and/or 2) they will see how WE get down with Melee and be turned off to giving us their money.

Location: Hi Score Gaming (RIGHT next to Sonic, across from Five Guys)
1200 N. BATTLEFIELD DR. CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320 757-410-9494
www.hiscoregaming.com

Time: To Be Determined
Venue Fee: $10
Singles Entry Fee: $10 per person
Double Elimination
3 Stock, 7 Minutes
All Matches are best 2 out of 3, except:
Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are all best 3 out of 5

You know the deal...
I will have stage lists and rules posted at EACH station so there is NO confusion. I will have a list and ruleset up for discussion/debate/etc soon.

I reserve the right to change anything and everything about the rules and stages if I see fit. I doubt anything will change, but just know that's how it is.

Prize payout will be 60/30/10 for teams and singles.

If there are enough entrants [my call on what's "enough"...though I'm looking at 45], 4th will get their money back and it will be 60/30/10 of the remaining pot.

That means that if 45 people enter:
4th place will get 10 dollars back
1st place will only get $6 less than before
2nd place will only get $3 less than before
3rd place will only get $1 less than before

I think that's pretty fair.

SOVA!!! I will need EVERYONE'S help with setups being GUARANTEED! This is hella advanced notice since they just proposed this tournament to me on SATURDAY.

What I need more than Wiis or games are TVs!!! This is ESSENTIAL. There has been no talk of reducing the venue if people bring full setups, but I will see what I can do. NO PROMISES.

But MOST importantly at this moment:

EVERYONE GO TO GUM'S TOURNAMENT!!!

Game N' Trade
3841-I East. Little Creek Rd.
Norfolk, Va 23518

Date: July 19th (Saturday)

Time: 12 pm

Venue fee: Free

Entry fee: Free

Prize: $50 bucks in Games N' Trade store credit

Singles only, standard SoVa rules [except it's 3 stock, 8 minute, not 7 minute]

rhan

Smash Hero
Toasty hurts me inside....No Melee this time around. </3

I still wanna come though. I just like being around the smash scene for either game. Also I saw something about Halo. That'll be fun to join.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Toatsy fear was talking about the crew battle at that tourny lol

Also y does some jacka$$ find it useful to take someone elses things this has happened on and off at this venue and I'm starting to get tired of this **** 1) it draws ppl away from the scene 2) ppl showing up regularly are to some degree considered to be cool ppl 3) it makes ppl not want to host bcuz it seems like ****'s gonna get stolen wherever they host and it makes others not want to host bcuz they don't want there **** to get stolen!

If it was taken or picked up inadvertently then its a different story and can just be returned but to blatently take something knowing that its not yours is just f¤cking b!itch made. Do every1 else a favor and just not come to tournys

Oro?

Smash Rookie
ohh i found a silver controller sitting on the table when everyone was gone.( i did not steal it)

it was me, toasty,kadaj,jwolf,ndn,and jared. when the store was about to close

i asked if anyone lost a silver contoller and out of them they said no

i do not want to keep your controller if u lost a SILVER CONTROLLER tell me because i have it.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Oro[?], how did u get soo good without posting on the boards!?!?!?
you must not have played against Cdot ^_^

that man is a MONSTER...with like...3 posts haha

@Cdot - maaaannn you're right we STILL didn't play Melee :( you would have helped me catch up soooooo quickly before the tournament...if only my program didn't crash repeatedly I could have done better :(

SOVA!!!!!!!!

I WANT THIS HI SCORE TOURNEY TO BE ****ING HUUUUUGE!!!!!

lure your non-serious friends with promises of free **** like Monster drinks and possibly a Coke prize pack!

Tell ANYONE who was semi serious about the game! Get everyone in your respective neighborhoods/regions.

Don't forget to mention CoD4 and Halo (again, I think Halo...pretty positive about CoD4)!!!

If you are in any of those forums, get the word out!!!

If you know casual gamers just be like "oh dude there's this badass event where you could win a crapload of money or raffle prizes or whatever, it'll be fun"

If you know anyone who plays this game and lives outside of SoVa, pleeeeaaase encourage them to come through! We will work together to try and find housing for them if need be [which means, we'll tell everyone to go to O-NO's, hahahaha...jk jk jk...but no, really.]

I'm going to do my best to talk to people in NoVa/MD and be like "yo...Esticle is in f*cking CONNECTICUT! Come to SoVa!!!" It'll give people a glimpse of what we had to face when we went up to MD. It'll give people an idea of where we need to be. It'll also let out-of-SoVa people know that there's actually a good region down here :)

So MAN THE **** UP, SOVA! Don't just wait for the last week to start telling people. BUILD THE HYPE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to your character forums and talk it up with your Smashboards friends.

****, I wouldn't have even THOUGHT of going to Critical Hit if this conversation didn't take place:

toasty: Boss/Chozen0ne/JCaesar, you guys are going C3, right?!?! I'll see you guys there!
All three: naw man, we're saving our money to go to Critical Hit *links toasty to page*
toasty: oh ****, it's $45 (at the time, before it dropped to $40, but still!)...and in Maryland? ****...naw man...sorry...
All three (+Nacker): toaaastyyyy you gotta come through!!! It'll be a sick event with a bunch of good players!
toasty: haha, alright alright...probably not, but...I guess I'll see...

::Later, on the SoVa Thread::

toasty: so...uh...there's this thing called Critical Hit...it's like...really expensive though...and it's not close :(
SoVa: HELL THE **** YESSSSSS!!!!!
toasty: ...................really?

And then like 7 of us from SoVa went.

Of course: I'm not throwing anything like Critical Hit. But promoting this **** to your friends who live like...maybe 3-5 hours away? couldn't possibly hurt :) Just try. You never know.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Shure toasty it won't hurt to ask people...

Slash that combo video is good ^_^

D0N

Smash Ace
Lol, ive learned from my job that enthusiasm really gets peoples attention. Even if alot of money is involved. So i wouldnt be too surprised if out of state people came, it just all depends on how you ask. Acting like you expect them to come when you ask works ALOT more than most people think. Just my thoughts on building hype.

D0N

Smash Ace
Slash: lol, i hope your there with your game face and no reason for a sad face.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
D0N IC's vs Diddy whenever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: This is Alex D0N

Also for whoever that stole the controller and the $50, How dare you defile our Sova community with your stupidity and lack of honesty and whatnot, when you get caught I hope you get what is coming to you. Toasty is trying his best to make Sova a smash spot but no we have a theif among our mites and is ruining our community.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
OMG i had a post earlier sayin i couldnt make it to chu dats biweekly. That is wrong yo. MY family thing got pushed back to 8/15. So I still wanna come yo. If i can still ride thats cool, if i can't then i guess i can't go. And I can go to the Coke sponsored thing too! W00t

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Kadaj- I haven't decided on when i plan on leavin 4 NoVA.

Dobee- U still have a spot.

Slash- I can take u as well.

I have 1 more spot in my car 4 anyone else who wants to go.

O yeah Toasty, thanks 4 the support from the other day man.

And WTF do N***@'s keep stealin ****. Hope yo dumb @$$ get's caught.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
is my spot still reserved? cough cough =] if not then nevermind i didn't say anything. cough cough. =[

whodat

Smash Apprentice
When is the bi-weekly? Depending on the date I may be able to go. I gotta represent the sova scene.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Bi-weekly is Aug. 1-3, I think. Check North Atlantic forum or Chu's profile > posts to find official topic. Wish I could go. :/

Toasty: I was thinking, we should try to get the Hiscore tournament featured on the Allisbrawl featured tournament feature in their blogs somehow. I'd be happy to look into that, I know I said I'd help you out in the advertising department. If you ever need a banner or something for a topic, let me know. I've done a lot of professional graphic design work and have plenty of free time. :)

Top Bottom