• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeup

Smash Lord
The Sora moveset has a good backbone, but needs more detail, like GCM said. Damages, ranges, and knockbacks are always good, if you ask me, and more thorough descriptions of the attacks is also helpful. Overall, it's a good start, though.
See my above post =D

Agi

Smash Lord
So, SirKibble, any idea on when you will be finished up to page 104?

=D

Jk, jk. But I appreciate the fact that my first moveset got a B, and I think that my latest one is A, or even S, potential! All I know so far is that some people think LOLcat is epic, and that the final smash is supposedly Longcat vs Rjonak, or something like that. I know you're busy, but maybe another judge? *can't stand suspense* Only my second moveset, looking for a new character to use for the third... I might have a talent for this... *sits in a cardboard box and waits for inspiration*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Kovomaka Students

As already stated, Sorbet is complete, and I've added a few stats for Mokka, as well as empty sheets for the others. I've also put a small description of each character in general, how they feel if you play them. I would like to ask for a little feedback on how the work is going so far.

All I know so far is that some people think LOLcat is epic, and that the final smash is supposedly Longcat vs Rjonak, or something like that.
It's Tacgnol. That's "Longcat" spelled backwards.

peeup

Smash Lord
@Samurai Panda: lol... lemme see those specials. Then I can really lol my face off
@Sandslash: Nothing lacking, but not much standing out. I really like Dig, however. I think it might be cooler if you could move around while you were underground so the opponent can't just stay away from where you dug the hole to be safe.

I know you're busy, but maybe another judge?
Agreed.

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
Excuse me...I hope it is not a bother or anything...

But I was wondering if someone could give their views on my King Mondo moveset, page 110. It seemed to be completely ignored. :(

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
FULGORE

Fulgore is a robotic soldier created by the weapons company Ultratech in order to help with world domination. The Fulgore that you play as is in Killer Instinct the prototype, who is using the tournament as a field test of sorts. In Killer Instinct 2, Fulgore is sent back in time by the evil Gargos (but then again, Fulgore is mostly a bad guy himself). Fulgore’s signature weapon is a set of plasma blades on each hand, making him like a futuristic Wolverine. He also has lasers emitted from his eyes.

OVERVIEW

One of Killer Instinct’s most recognizable features was its combo system. As such, Fulgore’s biggest strength is his comboability (Combos in Brawl? Madness!). Whether it’s an actual combo or simply a good set-up for another move, Fulgore likes to hit more than once. In addition, his plasma blades give most of his attacks disjointed hitboxes. On the downside, Fulgore's attack speeed and damage are below average, and his blades barley extend his reach further than a normal punch.

STATS

Movement Speed: 5/10 (average)
Attack Speed: 4/10 (average)
Attack Strength: 4/10 (below average)
Range: 5/10 (average)
Priority: 10/10 (disjointedness ftw!)
Weight: Slightly heavier than Samus
Jump Strength: 6/10 (above average, both jumps have the same strength)
Fall Speed: 7/10 (good)
Size: Same as Ike

SPECIAL ABILITES

“Combo Breaker”: Fulgore does not have a shield grab. Instead, pressing attack while shielding will cause him to thrust with his left arm while his plasma blade glows purple. This move has absolute priority (meaning that this move will always be the higher priority), and has medium set knockback (complete with the announcer yelling “C-C-C Combo Breaker” if it connects). There are two flaws however. First, this move does no damage, so it’s mainly a spacing tool. Second, this move’s use is governed by a meter that appears on the top of Fulgore’s HUD. The meter is emptied when Combo Breaker is used (connect or not), and it takes 15 seconds to refill.

Pros:
Combos!
Most of Fulgore’s attacks have disjointed hit boxes, whether it is a projectile or a hit from his plasma blades.

Cons:
Doesn’t have any particularly good raw stats besides priority
Somewhat predictable recovery

MOVE SET

Standard Attacks

AAA…: Fulgore alternates thrusting swipes with his blades. 4% damage small knockback each

>A: Fulgore fires a small blue laser from his eyes, almost like a smaller version of ROB’s FSmash. 6% low knockback. At low percents, this can combo into FSmash.

VA: Fulgore rises from his crouching position while performing an uppercut. 6% below average knockback straight up. A good set-up for USmash. Anti-air move.

^A: Fulgore swipes at the air with his blade (looks similar to Luigi’s up-tilt). 4% low set knockback. So why use this one when VA is almost completely better? The knockback and hit stun of this move allows Fulgore to combo directly into VA, which means that you’ll get a little extra damage before you try USmash. Risk and reward, my friend, risk and reward.

Dash Attack: Fulgore does a quick spin attack with one of his blades. 4% low knockback

Smash Attacks

FSmash: Fulgore spins around once while slashing with both blades one after the other. First hit does 4% damage and guarantees the second hit. Second hit does 10% damage with above average knockback.

DSmash:
Fulgore fires a thin orange laser at a downwards angle, that stops when it hits the ground or reaches the same horizontal plane as Fulgore’s feet. 9% medium knockback. This is one of Fulgore’s faster moves, having very little end lag.

USmash:
Fulgore holds his arms apart and above him, and channels an electric current between his blades. This lasts for 1.5 seconds. Hitting the current results in 10% high knockback straight upwards. The move has a rather punishable amount of end lag, and you can really only hit opponents who are above you, so it’s best to try and set this up first, such as using VA, or bating you’re opponent into being in the air above you.

Aerial Attacks

Nair: Fulgore shoots a weak energy bolt out of his blade. 2% small knockback.

Fair: Forward kick. 4% below average knockback.

Bair: Backwards dropkick. 6% below average dropkick

Uair: Fulgore jabs upwards twice. First hit does 4% and guarantees the second hit. Second hit does 5% damage with medium knockback.

Dair: Fulgore shoots a weak energy bolt downwards. 2% small knockback.

Special Attacks

B: “Energy Bolts”:
Fulgore puts his hands together and fires a small bolt of plasma from his blades. You can rapid-fire up to three at a time by repeatedly pressing the special attack button. The end lag of this move increases with each successive bolt fired. First two bolts fired do 3% damage with small set knockback that guarantees successive bolts hitting. The final bolt does 8% with medium knockback.

>B: “Plasma Charge”: Fulgore dashes forward a medium distance (about 1/5 of final destination with his right arm’s blade glowing. If he connects, he does 5% damage with no knockback, however, after connecting Fulgore can perform one of two special follow-up combos. Pressing standard attack immediately after connecting will cause Fulgore to hit his opponent with two cross punches followed by a roundhouse kick, with the total combo doing 10% damage and medium horizontal knockback. Pressing special attack instead will result in a jab, low kick, uppercut combo with 12% damage and medium knockback straight upwards. Fulgore has super-armor while performing a follow-up combo. Finally, taping the control stick instead of holding hit will result in a shorter distance charge with higher priority.

VB: “Reflector”: No, Fulgore is not a Fox clone, he just happens to have a reflector-type special as his Down Special. Fulgore raises his arm while being enveloped in a blue Aurora. If a projectile hits him during this time, it causes an apocalypse of destruction… nah, it just gets reflected. Fulgore cannot directly damage enemies with this move.

^B: “Plasma Slice”: Fulgore rises straight upwards about the distance of Luigi’s ^B in a manner that looks similar to a shoyruken. 5% medium knockback. The moment Fulgore connects with this move, you may combo it into any one of Fulgore’s other aerial attacks. This will force Fulgore into freefall, so there are times when you will want to settle for a single hit. As with Plasma Charge, tapping the control stick will result in less distance with more priority.

Final Smash

“Ultra Combo”: Fulgore thrusts forwards with both of his blades. If he connects, he begins to combo his opponent to near death. Five jabs, two knee strikes, four eye laser blasts, a ten hit punch flurry, and finally a super charged uppercut. This does around 45% damage and has very high vertical knockback. After the move ends, the words “Ultra Combo 22 hits” appears on the screen with the announcer yelling “ULTRAAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOO!”. If other player’s attacks hit the victim of this move, it will add to the hits displayed at the end, with the text changed to “Team Ultra Combo

Grabs

Grab Animation: Fulgore does not actually grab his opponent. Instead, he performs a move similar to his Combo Breaker, only his blade glows red instead of purple. If he connects, his opponent stands dazed while Fulgore gets into a battle stance for some beatings!

Grab Attack: Fulgore roundhouse kicks his opponent away. 5% damage. Unlike other grab attacks, this one breaks the grab.

Fthrow: Two punch combo followed by a strong hook. 6% medium knockback

Bthrow: Sweep kick followed by a Judo throw backwards. 4% small knockback. Good set-up for Bair.

Uthrow: 2 hooks, a low kick, and an uppercut. 5% below average knockback. Good set-up for Uair.

Dthrow: Leg sweep. 3% opponent is tripped.

Other attacks

Lying Down Back: Fulgore fires a weal energy bolt backwards. 2% low knockback

Lying down Front: Fulgore kicks backwards. 4% low knockback

Ledge attack <100%: Fulgore performs a mini Plasma Slice. 2% small knockback, still has the combo property of the real Plasma Slice.

Ledge attack 100%: Fulgore performs a mini Plasma Charge. 4% small knockback, does not have the follow up property of the real Plasma Charge.

OTHER

Entrance: Fulgore phases onto the screen from a teleport.
Idle Animation:

Walking: A casual walk forwards.
Dashing: A less stupid looking version of Gannon’s.
Taunt1: Fulgore scrapes his blades together.
Taunt2: Fulgore performs the same motion as his neural special, but no energy bolt is fired.
Taunt3: Fulgore scratches his head.
Win1: Fulgore strikes the same win pose as in Killer Instinct.
Win2: Fulgore shadow boxes some combos.
Win3: Fulgore looks at his plasma blades, and then drops his arms.
Wiimote Noise: The sound of his blades being swung
Kirby Hat: Kirby gets Fulgore’s hair and little plasma blades.
Logo: The Killer Instinct “KI” logo
Win music: A few notes from the Killer Instinct theme song

Alt Colors

1)Default
2) Blue body (Blue Team)
3) Red body (Red Team)
4) Green body (Green Team)
5) Sky blue body
6) Gold body

Snake Codec

Snake: Colonel, there’s a robot here with glowing blades. Got any Intel?
Colonel: That’s Fulgore. He’s a robot developed by Utratech in order to conquer the Earth.
Snake: Bet Ultratech would make a good rival for the Patriots. What are his capabilities?
Colonel: That’s Fulgore. He’s a robot developed by Utratech in order to conquer the Earth.
Snake: Yes, you just told me that. But what does he do?
Snake: Colonel, are you listening to me?
Colonel: That’s Fulgore. He’s a robot developed by
Snake: C-C-C combo breaker!

Unlocking Info

How to Unlock: Total playtime of five hours or 110 vs matches.
Unlock Message: “Fulgore, the cybernetic soldier, has joined the Brawl!”

SSE Role

Ultratech was concerned. There were reports of a strange faction known as "The Subspace Army" attacking a continent to the south. Not wanting to risk an impossible confrontation, The Ultratech Commander decided to send Fulgore on a recon mission.

Fulgore arrive on the continent in a jungle area. After a short time, he ran into a Wolf-like creature with one eye. After a brief battle, the two realized that they shared a common enemy, as the forces of the Subspace Army attacked!

Fighting through the Army's ranks, the two eventually came across a floating Island. Wolf decided at this point to part ways with Fulgore. Fulgore continued on his own...

Fulgore rebooted in a strange cell. He didn't know how he got here, nor did he care. All he wanted to do was bring his recon data to Ultratech. Suddenly, an alarm sounded! Amidst the panic and confusion of the Primids, one accidently freed Fulgore! Seizing the opportunity, he began to run towards the exit (helpfully located through arrows on the wall). Along the way, Fulgore saw a strange image on a security camera readout. Apparently, the intruders were trying to escape, and a large draconic defense system was pursing them.

At last, the exit! Fulgore jumped through the hole in the wall, wondering why there were parachutes nearby... oh, wait, we're on the floating island aren’t we? Unfortunately for Fulgore, the answer was yes.

...After an untold amount of time later, Fulgore's broken body was found by Wolf. After a little bit of hacking, he was able to return Fulgore to Ultratech. The commander was pleased to have his prized weapon back, and promised a reward of Wolf's choosing. Wolf replied, "I want a better final smash."

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
*cries* Noone likes my mage quintett. ;_;

People, go get that game! Magical Starsign is awesome! It has pirate otters, and you fight them and, GOD, it has pirate-ish battle music when doing so! PLAY THAT GAME!

piman42

Smash Cadet
[subliminal message]Sly is DONE. p.84. Now working on Herman Li. p.90. Feedback on both plz!
[/subliminal message]

Sora looks like a good start, though obviously, like everyone else says, needs meat and skin and toenails. Especially toenails. Oh, and can someone tell me if anyone has done Harry Potter? peofun1 was going to do one if no one has.

Agi

Smash Lord
Explanation

As a little thanks, you can feedback my students. :D
The students look good, so far. (honestly, I didn't read the whole thing. Too much moveset is hard on my eyes. But I look forward to reading the judge's opinions on it! I expect an A rank or higher. Nicely color coded, as well.)

Also, I am not freaking out, thank you very much. Tacgnol lives in our house!!!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
So, SirKibble, any idea on when you will be finished up to page 104?

=D
Give me a few more... Um... Years or something...

Jk, jk. But I appreciate the fact that my first moveset got a B, and I think that my latest one is A, or even S, potential! All I know so far is that some people think LOLcat is epic, and that the final smash is supposedly Longcat vs Rjonak, or something like that. I know you're busy, but maybe another judge? *can't stand suspense* Only my second moveset, looking for a new character to use for the third... I might have a talent for this... *sits in a cardboard box and waits for inspiration*
Well, the thing is, it's kind of good for each of us Commies to judge on our own standards. That way, we all have input to give when we collaborate at the end. So while I'd like another judge to help me, it kind of defeats the purpose.

@Sandslash: Nothing lacking, but not much standing out. I really like Dig, however. I think it might be cooler if you could move around while you were underground so the opponent can't just stay away from where you dug the hole to be safe.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that might make it a tad bit broken. It's already a pretty strong move, so it just needs to be used in the right situations. Notice that he does have the ability to bury opponents with his Down Air, so that could make connecting with Dig easier in some situations.

peeup

Smash Lord
@King Mondo: I like the moveset, but there are a few things that could be improved (don't worry, their easily solvable.) The first suggestion I have is to tell us more about him and, more specifically, his universe. Secondly, the attacks could use more detail (i.e. lag, range, damage, knockback.) Thirdly, it is kinda hard to read (especially the specials.) All of the special attacks are blobbed together with no break in between them.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that might make it a tad bit broken. It's already a pretty strong move, so it just needs to be used in the right situations. Notice that he does have the ability to bury opponents with his Down Air, so that could make connecting with Dig easier in some situations.
Okay. It seemed to me that it was somewhat limited in its uses, but landing a dair probably won't be a hard feat, so I guess it is balanced after all. Disregard my earlier comment =D

PS: Around what time do you think you'll have pages 11-15 done?

piman42

Smash Cadet
SirKibble, where are you judging and what pages are you on? my first set is on 84 and I want to know when you'll get to me.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I used four legs because whenever I think Meta Ridley I think his skeletal wings and quadruped badass look. ^^ But yeah.

I don't see the POINT in omega ridley, I mean he would have been cooler if he had like Dark Samus's attacks and Meta Ridley's attacks. THAT would have been cool, phazon shrapnel breath.
Basically, Omega Ridley is my favorite boss in Corruption, and I noticed that he had a good amount of attacks, that could all translate into Smash Bros, so I thought, why not?:laugh:
He DOES have some phazon based moves though, like his Side and Down Tilts, and his Nair. And yes, phazon shrapnel breath would be cool. :)

@SirKibble: Have you considered the Kirby enemy that shares your name?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Okay. It seemed to me that it was somewhat limited in its uses, but landing a dair probably won't be a hard feat, so I guess it is balanced after all. Disregard my earlier comment =D
All right. In any case, thanks for commenting. It's good to have this kind of discussion about a moveset. :)

PS: Around what time do you think you'll have pages 11-15 done?
Sometime today... Probably later tonight. There's a lot of stuff planned that all students here are expected to be at, so I wouldn't expect it until somewhat late.

SirKibble, where are you judging and what pages are you on? my first set is on 84 and I want to know when you'll get to me.
The link's in my sig. I'm only up to page 10 so far (due to bloody slow internet), and am trying to do 5 pages worth of movesets every day, so... Do the math, I'm too lazy.

He goes 5 pages per day, and he's at page 10 right now...
You won't be seeing any judging for a week+
Yes, yes. It's not going to go very fast, unfortunately.

@SirKibble: Have you considered the Kirby enemy that shares your name?
Since that's where I took my name from, as a Kirby fanatic, I actually already did a Sir Kibble moveset in Make Your Move 2.0 somewhere.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yes he has. See MYM2.
Oh, really? In that case... Someone wants a moveset for Spinal from Killer Instinct. Maybe he could do that? I would but I've already decided on my who my next moveset's gonna be, and it's a 4-in-1, so I probably wouldn't get to him in time.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
How exactly does that work as more movesets get added?
Well you start from 115 and go backwards, and after the reviewer gets to 1 he starts with 116 and goes ahead. By that time the two reviewers we already have should be further and then everyone is getting covered at some point and quicker.

majora_787

Smash Hero
And yes, phazon shrapnel breath would be cool. :)
Shrapnel attacks tend to be broken, but at least Ridley deserves it. Concussive Battlehammer shrapnel was such a cruel attack, I hated that in MPH. -_-

I'm deciding on a new character, I need an idea. I was considering a new custom character, but I have like four options that I cant choose between.

There's the cool antagonist, the rival, the MAJOR antagonist, and the ally. I don't want to have to do all four, but...you know.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That's not really logical... You know, let's say I do pages 114 to 100 now, and while I do this, the thread has expanded already with 5 pages including 10 movesets. Then I would have to do these 10 movesets first before I can go chronologically back?
I think it's good as it is now, it's plain and fair: First come first serve.

Edit:
I won't add anything more to the Students tonight, I'll first get some sleep. Then I'll start with Mokka. Afterwards, we'll see.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Well you start from 115 and go backwards, and after the reviewer gets to 1 he starts with 116 and goes ahead. By that time the two reviewers we already have should be further and then everyone is getting covered at some point and quicker.
Except that's incredibly flawed for the people AFTER it starts.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
That's not really logical... You know, let's say I do pages 114 to 100 now, and while I do this, the thread has expanded already with 5 pages including 10 movesets. Then I would have to do these 10 movesets first before I can go chronologically back?
I think it's good as it is now, it's plain and fair: First come first serve.
Did you read my above post?
I was just suggesting that because these pages are rapidly expanding and people aren't that patient. You can cover more ground with one guy going backwards.

but whatever, it was only an idea. I didn't think the order mattered as long as people got reviewed.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Are assist trophies and stages for the characters included for the judging, or are they judged separately? Just asking because I really like the assist trophy of Jack I made for the Big Daddy/Little Sister set. For those who haven't seen the assist trophy, check the link to the moveset in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom