• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ooo, Metal Knuckles, nice~

Also, I've covered Pages 2 and 3 now in my rating blog, and will do up to 7 while sitting here at work being bored and jazz. ^.^

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
Metal Knuckles is awesome! A couple of the moves are a little Metal Sonic-ish, but that's just my view. MK is one of my favourite Sonic characters and you have done a pretty good job so far.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Metal Knuckles is awesome! A couple of the moves are a little Metal Sonic-ish, but that's just my view. MK is one of my favourite Sonic characters and you have done a pretty good job so far.
Metal Sonic-ish you say? umm, can you please explain on that, The only move that I think is similar to Metal Sonic is his down-b. Metal Sonic ACTUALLY has moves he can use due to being in a number of sonic games where he could base his moveset from. Metal Knuckles only appeared in Sonic R, a racing game. while I can base his stats from Sonic R, I had to think of a moveset for him, luckily, he has a good fighters build, so it was easy to think of a moveset for him (big hands with claws = a fighter who mainly uses fists.).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've managed to do up my next moveset. However, I won't be able to post it until later today. My next character is...

Tails (AKA: Miles "Tails" Prower)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Slow down now...what's this about a "Best Moveset Maker List"?
Half_silver made a list of all those who created multiple quality movesets in MYM2. He started the same thing a while back in this thread, but it's not very up-to-date, as we discussed.

Everyone who's posted a moveset needs to read my review of Sonic the Baron's Roger Rabbit. It concerns something that's been getting to me lately, and I'm afraid most would miss it if I didn't make special mention of it.

Don't get offended or anything--it's not aimed at anybody in particular, but I've been noticing that that trend holds true in at least half the movesets I've seen so far on this thread.
I second this. Not sure if I'm an offender by Mendez' standards, but I've noticed this A LOT as well. I think the phrase I've used most often in my reviews is...

"...needs more detail..."

majora_787

Smash Hero
Half_silver made a list of all those who created multiple quality movesets in MYM2. He started the same thing a while back in this thread, but it's not very up-to-date, as we discussed.

I second this. Not sure if I'm an offender by Mendez' standards, but I've noticed this A LOT as well. I think the phrase I've used most often in my reviews is...

I hope I would be on that list, but only one has been evaluated or really commented on, so I wouldn't know. I don't really know if I need more detail either, I try. I really do. Until my hands are raw and bloody on some cases. :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

A lot of the lower grade movesets I've rated have this more then others, and due to the lack of detail it basically kills 50 points. 20 points for balanace, and the majority of 30 points for detail. So yeah. . .Doesn't work out too well.

I do look at the rest of the moveset though to see how original it is, as that's the only thing it still has going for it. Some of the movesets seem to be trying harder then others, like the joker and the delicious one, but seem feel as if they've had little thought put into them, such as Darth Vader.

The moveset for Nightmare is slowly coming along. Got a couple tilts and the basic concept for the entire moveset down, as well as directly planned three of his four specials and final smash. When you type up as detailed descrpitions as I do, tilts can be as much of a pain in the butt as the rest of the moveset.

I'll get up Sandslash by 9:30 at the latest, hopefully, sirkibble.

I lol'd at the edgeworth sprites all over the phoenix wright review, Darkurai.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

SirKibble

Smash Champion
B+? Awesome!! :)

I'll stick those attack speeds in and tweak the Final Smash a bit. And I'll possibly do a little work on the extras. Thanks for the review! I was particularly hoping for a good Relevance to Character score on that one, and I got it.

But you're not supposed to point out how I completely changed Spikes... It didn't work the real way... :lick:

EDIT: Attack speeds should all be there, and the Final Smash has been changed so as to not rely so much on the accuracy decrease of the other characters, but I am trying to keep it relatively close to what Sandstorm really does. I also got more detailed on the alternate costumes, and cut out the (already nonexistant) SSE role. I'm not changing my layout, though, I like it too much. :)

EDIT2: Okay, so I might make a little change, but I like the color level right now. Just some more bolding, perhaps...

EDIT3: All my movesets have received a slight layout upgrade in the way of bolding the section headers that I know are the ones people actually care about, as well as bolding and coloring the character name.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Hmm... How about Waddle Doo? Simply because he won't be getting attention from the other reviewers for a while, and I think I could use a harsh review on him.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I might do a moveset of my OC Character, MarikYoshi. (Me) when I get the time however....

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
As I've said multiple times, I'm taking a bit of a hiatus. I'm inundated with crap coming back to school and even though I come home an hour and a half early, I take multiple AP classes so I've got lots of homework. Not to mention school is far more mentally draining that sitting on my arse doing nothing.

I'll still be in this thread a lot: just not posting movesets for a while.

PS: Metal Knuckles looks awesome.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@Darkurai's SamuraiPanda review (thanks)

It's a bit odd how you say the katana slows him down so much when in the picture you gave, it's not that big. Minor detail, I know, but it bothers me a little. I lol'd at the Panda Glide.

The katana is a lot larger than that picture.

You put a good amount of detail into your description of the attacks.

Thx.

The forward tilt looks like it would take quite a bit of time. Considering Ganon's up tilt though, that's not something that can be completely ruled out.

No, it's fairly fast

Dash attack seems a bit...odd to me. Where does Knuckles come from? Does he just appear? It'd be odd to see him run in on, for example, the middle level of Hyrule Temple.

Knuckles appears out of nowhere, cause Panda loves seeing his favorite character running in the back of stages just for the h*** of it.

Down smash seems pretty broken. Though it includes Meta Knight, so that might be intended.

Not really, the only way you can get 40% on someone is if they are giant (so both tornados hit) and metal (so they can't get any knockback), plus fully charging the smash.

Up smash confuses me. What if there's actually a name there that the player is using?

Another name comes out and envelops it until it vanishes.

Panda talks a lot. People'd probably call him the most annoying character in the game, lol.

I know :)

Interesting how many variables are in his moveset. Quite a bit of randomness for the competitive player of the podcast.

Good point, I'll have to put them in a set order.

I'm kinda concerned at how many of his moves are taken directly from another character.

Which ones? The only ones I can think of are the ones from his side B, and that's intentional.

Snake Codec is pretty good, but tells very little about Panda's actual fighting abilities.

Well, not all Codecs have to, look at Luigi's

The moveset isn't organized very well. It wasn't until I was writing this very paragraph that I figured out that the colors were changing with each movetype. There should be an extra line between each movetype, in my opinion.

Yeah, I know. I'm reorganizing all of my movesets.

Overall, the moveset itself fits Panda very well, but it's harder than most movesets to imagine in Brawl. It can still be imagined, but some things seem a bit iffy to me.

Yeah, I'll elaborate a bit more in my revision

If I were to say that you should work on something, then it should be how the attacks actually fit into Brawl, rather than trying to make them match Panda perfectly. It's okay for some moves to not exactly match the source. Samus' Charge Shot, anyone?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tails (Miles "Tails" Prower)

------------------------
Stats

Power: 2
Defense: 3
Walking Speed: 4
Running Speed: 4
Recovery: 4
Jump Height: 3
Mid-air Jump Height: 3
Descent Speed: 2
Weight: 2
------------------------
Standard Attacks

neutral: Does a punch with his left fist. Does up to 3% damage. Press again to do a punch with the right fist. Also does up to 3% damage. After that, he'll strike his opponent repeatedly with his two tails. That does 1% damage per hit.

f-tilt: Strikes the foe with his tails. Does up to 5% damage.

u-tilt: Jumps and does a kick to juggle the foe. Does up to 6% damage.

d-tilt: Does a low angled tail sweep. Does up to two hits with each one dealing up to 4% damage.

dash: Same as Sonic's dash attack. Does up to 5% damage.
------------------------
Smash Attacks

f-smash: Spins while attempting to damage his foes with his two tails. Delivers up to two hits with the second hit delivering the knockback. Attack can deal up to 15% damage uncharged, but deals up to 22% damage when fully charged.

u-smash: Spins his tails to catch opponents. The attack does variable damage, with the last hit delivering the most knockback if fully charged.

d-smash: Strikes the foe with his tails from both sides. Does up to 14% damage uncharged, but does up to 21% damage when fully charged.
------------------------
Aerial Attacks

n-air: Same as Sonic's n-air. Does up to 9% damage.

f-air: Hits the foe with his feet. Does up to 11% damage.

b-air: Strikes the foe from behind with his tails. Does variable damage since it hits the foe multiple times.

u-air: Does a loop and attacks with an upper kick. Does up to 8% damage.

d-air: Dives down to the ground with his foot extended. Does up to 11% damage.
------------------------
Special Attacks

standard - Tail Twister: Tails spins around like a twister to inflict repeated damage on his foes. Attack is based off one of his skills in Sonic Adventure DX.

side - Spin Dash: Same as Sonic's side special. Does up to 7% damage.

up - Tail Propeller: Tails uses his tails to fly for a certain amount of time. He can use this move for up to 5 seconds before he's about to fall. Additionally, Tails will never become helpless while using the move. Once his 5 second limit has expired, Tails must hit the ground or else he could end up getting KO'd by edge guarders. The move does no damage.

down - Fake Ring: Tails leaves behind a fake ring that'll damage and temporarily immobilize anyone who gets close to it. Tails can leave up to three fake rings on the ground. If he lays down a fourth, the first fake ring will go off. Does up to 3% damage. Attack is based off one of his attacks in Sonic Heroes.
------------------------
Other Attacks

ledge attack (<100% damage): Gets up quickly and hits the foe with his tails. Does up to 5% damage.

ledge attack (100%+ damage): Gets up slowly and does a weak tail attack. Does up to 4% damage.

floor recover: Spins while attacking with his two tails. Does up to 5% damage.
------------------------
Grabs & Throws

grab: Attempts to grab with his hands.

attack: Does a weak kick. Does up to 2% damage.

f-throw: Kicks the opponent forward. Does up to 7% damage.

b-throw: Puts his opponent behind him and then sends it flying with his two tails. Does up to 5% damage.

u-throw: Kicks the opponent upwards. Does up to 7% damage.

d-throw: Same as Sonic's d-throw. Does up to 8% damage.
------------------------
Final Smash

Cyclone: Tails gets into his land mechanic seen in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. He can then attack with cannon attacks. If you hold the attack button though, the cannon attack will become a homing attack which will target the closet opponent. Each blast from the Cyclone's cannon can deal up to 20% damage. He can also ram into opponents to inflict up to 16% damage. The Cyclone can also jump and hover for a short period of time. While on the Cyclone, Tails is impervious to flinching, but he can still take damage. The Final Smash lasts for up to 20 seconds.

------------------------
Battle Entrance

Descends onto the ground after his flight.
------------------------
Taunts

/\ taunt: Looks at the screen and waves his hand while saying "See you later".

<> taunt: Hovers in the air a bit while giving a thumbs up.

\/ taunt: Jumps happily while saying "All right".
------------------------
Alternate Costumes

Recolors affect Tails's body and footwear.

Red (wears blue shoes)
Blue (wears yellow shoes)
Green (wears red shoes)
White (wears black shoes)
Purple (wears green shoes)

------------------------
Side Notes

Tails is a rather light character, being about as heavy as Brawl Fox. He's also rather floaty.

Tails lacks killing power; mostly having to rely on his smash attacks and Final Smash to deliver fast KOs. However, what he lacks in power he makes up with his above average speed.

Tails walks as fast as Squirtle. Additionally, his running speed rivals that of Pikachu.
------------------------
Solid Snake Codec

Snake: Otacon, I have a fox with two tails in front of me. Is it a mutant?

Otacon: That is Miles Prower Snake, also known as Tails. He is Sonic's best buddy and is skilled with mechanics. His two tails work as propellers, enabling him to fly short distances.

Snake: But how did he get that second tail? Doesn't look very natural.

Otacon: It's possible that he grew another tail after being exposed to some of Dr. Eggman's experiments, but the real reason is unknown as of now. Anyway, Tails is pretty fast despite not being as fast as Sonic. If you don't watch it, he could mean trouble.

Snake: Great, another pesky fox to deal with. This day just keeps getting better and better.
------------------------

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Phew, i decided to take warlord's advice and i'm currently adding some more detail to Gibari. I think its looking good so far. After this though, it would be more difficult for me to get more movesets done though. (though i'm actually thinking about moves for a suprise character though.

Anyway, Metal knuckles is looking cool. Didn't though he existed till now XD.

Also for Tails, its also looking good, but also has a kinda lack of detail (i had to learn that the hard way :p)

Deception

Smash Ace
I'm surprised Mega Man hasn't had a fan moveset, unless I missed something. Can someone make a good moveset for him as either Classic Mega Man or Mega Man X?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm surprised Mega Man hasn't had a fan moveset, unless I missed something. Can someone make a good moveset for him as either Classic Mega Man or Mega Man X?
X is not, I repeat NOT Megaman. Just the game series is called "Megaman X", as X was based on Megaman's appearance and the X-storyline continues the Classic one. X is as much Megaman as Vent is Zero.

Anyway, I believe several versions of Megaman (Classic, X, Battle Network) have been done already, but I wouldn't know.

As for Tails: Now I'm sad. Something like that I could've think of, as well, but that doesn't the cute guy enough judgement... Tails has enough potential to be a completely unique character with no move based on Sonic's... seen my Shadow or Luv's Knuckles? If not, check them out. =/

SirKibble

Smash Champion
X is not, I repeat NOT Megaman. Just the game series is called "Megaman X", as X was based on Megaman's appearance and the X-storyline continues the Classic one. X is as much Megaman as Vent is Zero.
C'mon, Spade, don't be so picky. He might as well be MegaMan.

Anyway, I believe several versions of Megaman (Classic, X, Battle Network) have been done already, but I wouldn't know.
I know MegaMan X (oops, I mean, X) was done in MYM1, and I did MegaMan.EXE (Battle Network) in MYM2, but I don't know that Classic MegaMan has been done yet...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Megaman is the same as Ridley in MYM. So many versions, so many similar movesets.

Deception

Smash Ace

As for Tails: Now I'm sad. Something like that I could've think of, as well, but that doesn't the cute guy enough judgement... Tails has enough potential to be a completely unique character with no move based on Sonic's... seen my Shadow or Luv's Knuckles? If not, check them out. =/
Of course I know they are not the same, I wouldn't be a big Mega Man fan if I didn't know that.

So Classic hasn't been done? I've been trying to come up with a moveset for him, but it's not going well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Of course I know they are not the same, I wouldn't be a big Mega Man fan if I didn't know that.

So Classic hasn't been done? I've been trying to come up with a moveset for him, but it's not going well.
I suggest you not do Megaman or Ridley. They are very difficult to make ORIGINAL, because they have been done at least once in every MYM contest.

EDIT: I understand that I am a hypocrite because I made a Meta Ridley moveset. I THOUGHT I could m ake it revolutionary, and apparently I was wrong.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Tails isn't too bad, Guy, though certain areas could definately use improvement. Certain attacks feel underpowered; most of his damage output is a bit low, isn't it? His moveset in general seems decent, but his Specials could probably use some work. His Neutral B is a bit... generic. I know it's in the game, but maybe you could do something more interesting with it? As is, it could easily be a Smash attack or something.

Down B sounds pretty good, though it needs detail. How many rings can we have at once, etc etc. Final Smash seems pretty good, balanced, and all. Fits the game, too. It might be a bit too similar to Landmaster, but it's much smaller, isn't it? Yeah, I think it's good.

Bottom line -- A bit more detail to push the moveset a bit farther.

I've got a really BIG moveset coming up. I'm pretty excited about it, I think the concept's really good, so I'm pouring a lot of effort and detail into it. It's not Fang - not yet, anyway. It'll take a few more days, but I'm looking forward to it. Especially with this recent slump in movesets.

mutalisk332

Smash Rookie
Coming soon!

Team Sonic Joins Brawl!

Introduction:
Team Sonic was the group forged in what was arguably the best game to come from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, Sonic Heroes. In Sonic Heroes, Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails take on Dr. Eggman as a team, using their combined skill to overcome challenges than no one of them could have defeated alone. And now they join Brawl as a team, fighting side by side on the battlefield. A long as they're together, the three heroes of the Sonic games can take on any opponent. Beating up Dr. Eggman was only practice for the Brawl to come.

Playstyle:​
They way this character plays in brawl is remarkably similar to the mechanics used in Sonic Heroes. In their title game, all three characters would be active, with a single leader controlled directly by the player. The player could switch leaders as the situation required, making use of each character's unique abilities. In Brawl, Team Sonic plays like the illegitimate child of the Pokemon Trainer and the Ice Climbers, who used Captain Olimar as a surrogate mother.

In short, all team members are on stage at the same time, with one character (the leader) directly controlled by the player, and the other two managed by a simplistic AI (like the Ice Climbers). The player can change leaders at will during the course of the match, giving access to three unique movesets. But unlike similar characters (Zelda/Shiek and Pokemon trainer), Team Sonic can switch leaders almost instantly (with restrictions, of course- see details under the Down B section of their moveset) giving the team unprecedented versatility. In addition, their teamwork attack are all very powerful. However, their flexibility comes at a heavy cost. Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails rely extensively on each other to perform their attacks and cover each other's weaknesses. Like the Ice Climbers, they are strong together, but weak alone. Also, because each team member has different physical properties (weight, running speed, jump height, fall speed, ect…) they are very easy to separate, and thereby defeat. However, when properly managed, nothing can beat the super power of teamwork.

Overall Pros:
- Versatility; access to three separate movesets.
- None of the characters have a truly horrible recovery (I'm looking at you Ivysaur)
- Strong, high-priority attacks when team is working together
- Both Tails and Knuckles have excellent projectiles
- opportunities for strategy

Overall Cons:
- Weak/low priority when attacking when alone.
- It's easy to get an individual team member alone
- Knuckles, the heaviest and slowest character, is only a mid-weight, making the team fairly easy to KO

How Teamwork Works:​

The Basics:
Teammates work essentially in the same way that the other Ice climber works. Teammates will follow the leader around, jump when the leader jumps, and attack when the leader attacks, and so on (though team mates will not use special attacks- why will be made clear soon). The main difference is that each character has a unique moveset, with different attack speeds, knockback, and hitboxes. A large part of Team Sonic's game is using the leader's attacks in order to set up hits from teammates. This requires an intimate knowledge of how teammates will behave and how the leader's attacks work.

Switching Leaders: Down B
Each character's down B will switch leaders. The order in which the you switch characters is fixed (Sonic -> Tails -> Knuckles ->) but since doing so has practically no lag, you can usually jump skip a character just by using the attack twice. This can only be preformed while both the current leader and the leader-to-be are standing/crouching on the ground (though it doesn't matter how far apart they are at the time). You obviously cannot use KOd teammates, but only KOing the leader will cost you a stock. If the leader is KOd, the teammates will disoppear, and then reappear on the recovery platform (as with the Ice climbers). You can choose which character leads the team at the start of the match in the character select menu.

Damaging Teammates:
Just like with the Ice climbers, each character will take damage when attacked, and keep their damage. The leader's damage is ALWAYS the damage percentage displayed at the bottom of the screen, regardless of how much damage that character had on him before he became leader. When a character stops being leader, their damage becomes whatever % they had before becoming leader PLUS the damage that character took as the leader. All food items will remove damage from the leader's %, regardless of which character picked it up.

Team Formations:
When any character uses their Neutral B, all team mates will assemble in "team formation" (the formation varies from leader to leader- I'll go into the specifics when I talk about the individual characters). The attack works in a similar way to Olimar's down b; teammates will defy laws of physics to rally around the leader. Yes, this does mean that the neutral b can be used to save otherwise doomed teammates. However, when the attack is used, the leader becomes immobile and vulnerable until all surviving teammates assemble in the formation. It is therefore dangerous to do this when the teammates are not close at hand. This can be can be done in midair. Once in team formation, each character's Neutral B becomes an attack which uses the teammates in some way (more information in each character's section). If there are no living teammates, the Neutral B will be a fairly weak attack (the leader will not try to assemble a nonexistent team).

Though going into team formation is somewhat laggy and punishable, the benefits are undeniable. There are quite a few strong attacks that cannot otherwise be used (including all of the team's projectiles) and many more that become considerably better when in team formation. Also, going into team formation helps overcome one of the team's fundamental weaknesses- difficulty in coordinating the team's movements. Even the attacks that don't actively use teammates are more likely to set up consecutive hits while in team formation. It is possible, however, for an opponent to break up team formation, usually just by landing a hit one of Team Sonic's members (details are specific to each leader and each formation). The use of the team formations is essential to Team Sonic's game.

Coming soon: Sonic!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Coming soon!
This should be interesting. That's not sarcasm either, I think you could do some cool things with the team concept, such as thunder shoot and triangle dive. Though I'm REALLY hoping that the final smash isn't just "team super sonic".

EDIT: The Beauty and the Beast unit is finally finished! Yay! It's on page 130 if you're interested.

With that said, has there been a deadline decided on yet?

smashbot226

Smash Master
This should be interesting. That's not sarcasm either, I think you could do some cool things with the team concept, such as thunder shoot and triangle dive. Though I'm REALLY hoping that the final smash isn't just "team super sonic".

EDIT: The Beauty and the Beast unit is finally finished! Yay! It's on page 130 if you're interested.

With that said, has there been a deadline decided on yet?
It WAS gonna be late January, but the rate THIS thread is going...

Yech.

@HeoandReo: I understand you're Mr. Big-Commie and all, but you missed Smashbot226 on Page 36.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
You know, I like your movesets, Wireframe. They've got a good amount of detail, are pretty creative, and do a good job of making the character easy to picture. I just read through your Knuckles set in more detail, and I like how bouncy you made him seem, with most of his specials. It really feels like a character from a Sonic game. But it's also very different from Sonic, showing Knuckles's brute strength a bit more. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom