• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea pierce has been doing mad good. i havnt gotten the chance to play him too much, but he did good last weekend, and today he beat ryoko max (dunno who he is but he did good in tourney) and velocity in winners.
i squandered hardcore lol. i was under a lot of pressure to leave (my parents were waiting for over 2 hours so they could drive me home from college) and i had gotten the most electrifying doubles set ever!
no johns though, congrats to everyone

shoutoutz and stuff eventually lol

yea keit, its that andy g

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
From what I understand Ryoko beat Andy 2-1 and then Ryoko and Velocity waited for a while for Pierce to come back from 7-11; at that point EVERYONE wanted to go home so Ryoko 3-1'd Pierce and then Pierce, Velocity, and Ryoko split the pot (not sure exactly how though).

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Results:

Ryoko 1st
Pierce 2nd
Velocity 3rd
UltimoDragon 4th (oh yeah son)

thanks to chibo for organizing everything
shouts later, im mad tired

D

Deleted member

I got ***** by everybody.

meh, I did well enough.

my teammate ***** me. I loved it, LOL.

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
Ryoko did win the last set that was played, but that was Pierce's first loss so one more set would have had to have been played to actually determine who was 1st and 2nd. That was the point at which they split the pot.

and chibo now that i read your post i think you missed the whole point about jungle japes... but whatever no falcos abused it............ today.

great event, ggs everyone, hope to get a chance to play some of you sometime again / for the first time

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
I got ***** by everybody.

meh, I did well enough.

my teammate ***** me. I loved it, LOL.
Yeah my bro's lucario is quite amazing lmao. His mind games of rolling and F-smashing deserves praise from Azen. It was quite delicious how you ran pretty even with everyone, even though it was my bro+ the other team vs you. You still got 3rd though. At least you didn't fight double team DDD as a DK mainer.........yeah, I got SKILLED by chaingrab... too much skill :laugh:

Rocann

Smash Lord
uggghhhh first tournament johns

I'm satisfied with how freaking close my matches were with Velocity and Ryoko (both to the 3rd map last stock both chars in 130% or so)

best quote of the tournament

"I main the three manliest characters in Brawl. Ike, Bowser, and Snake. If they stood on top of each other, they would be the manliest totem pole." - Beat

It was interesting. I'm going to try to find enough money to come again. But first I have to go kill some turtles

Edit: Also extra special thanks to Ak for housing me last night and Ryoko for being a trooper and SPRINTING back to wawa for that bar of soap

Edit 2: wow I really need to stop editing this post and take a shower

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Whoa, skewed results much? First of all, I split for first with Ryoko, and he agree to give me first when I agreed to split, as I won against Velocity in winners finals. I really came for credit, so please give it where it is due.

Secondly, now that I'm awake and thinking properly, and not getting yelled at by people that want to go home, I'm really mad. Here's a story for anyone that'll listen.

Yesterday, while at this tourney, I won the entire tournament except grand finals, losing only one match (no sets) to an ice-climbers who managed to chain throw - spike me twice at low percents.

Ryoko was in my bracket and I beat him 2-0 in round three. I beat Velocity 3-0 in winners finals.

Now, having moved so quickly through my bracket, I was constantly waiting for people to finish matches and catch up. After winning Winner's Finals, my friends wanted to go to 7-11. I asked if I had time to go, and was informed I had plenty of time.

Upon arriving back at the venue, I was told that people were considering disqualifying me . I was tired and not properly thinking. I didn't even fully register that IT WASN'T EVEN TIME FOR MY MATCH YET. Velocity and Ryoko HAD NOT even started loser finals when I arrived.

Now, here's where the stupidity comes in. Before anyone accuses me of whining or anything, I will admit that IT'S MY FAULT I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION. Ryoko and Velocity wanted to split three ways. If I was paying attention, I would've realized this was stupid. I could place no less than second, why would I split with third? Of course, I had an idea that Ryoko or Velocity would want to split when I got back, and I considered splitting with second while I was on my walk back from 7-11, but I thought they'd at least have losers finals, and not propose a three way split.

Of course, I wasn't completely out of it by this point, so I declined. This meant that Ryoko and Velocity would have to fight in losers finals, and the winner would have to beat me in two sets. If this had happened, perhaps I would've been thinking more straight. However, Velocity FORFIETED his match to Ryoko. They were both so eager to leave, they didn't play the set.

Now, I fought Ryoko in Grand Finals. He seemed pretty upset, and, I felt bad. I actually need the money, as most of Atlantic North knows, because I've been broke ever since someone stole my wallet (not someone in the Smash community, someone at school I'm assuming).

I beat Ryoko in the first match, but self destructed in the second, and it went down hill from there. He beat me, 3-1.

He re-offered the split, and I was also tired. Ryoko is really smart, and a player I had a lot of respect for. It would have been nice to have him as a friend. Anyone who knows him knows that Ryoko is a very confusing person. Just being in his confusing presence did not help the situation, lol. For those reasons, plus the fact that I realized it was possible that I would continue playing sub-par, I accepted the split.

When we walked over to the table to collect our funds, they were talking of splitting the approx. 240$ pot 3 ways. I said no, I'm only splitting with Ryoko. Unfortunately, that was the last intelligent thing that came out of my mouth.

If I was paying attention, I would've realized that Velocity was out of the tourney, not having access to any moneys belonging to first or second. However, when I say that I'm splitting only with Ryoko, Velocity gets mad, and he's like, "THEN GO BACK OVER THERE AND HOOK UP THAT WII AND I FIGHT THE LOSER!" Naturally, Ryoko did not feel very happy about this idea at all.

So now I'm dealing with an angry Ryoko, and an angry Velocity. At this point, it would've been nice for someone to step up and say to Velocity, "Uh, dude, you placed third. You should have no access to this money, and you don't get to fight the loser." But I wasn't thinking straight. I was concerned most with first place, and concerned about my money, and concerned about upsetting people I had at one point liked and respected. Furthermore, I clouded my own judgment by remembering Velocity's kindness to me at Terrabite 2, his last tourney, Even though he was acting like a cocky arrogant @$$HOLE all day.

Not wanted to have forced Ryoko to have to rehook-up the Wii. I FOOLISHLY AND REGRETFULLY accepted the three-way split. Velocity, not having placed first in doubles or singles as he seemed to expect, seemed estatic about this. When I accepted, I didn't realize he wasn't entitled to money, except third places 10%. Since Velocity and Ryoko didn't actually fight Loser's Finals, somehow, I had gotten confused and thought that if I lost to Ryoko, I'd have to fight Velocity. My mind was tired, and not functioning properly, and I had to deal with angry people who wanted to leave (plus those waiting for a ride and in charge of the tournament). I wasn't afraid of fighting Velocity again at all, I just didn't want to have to put anyone through that.

However, it's pretty stupid for my to accept splitting three ways. Think about it: if I had lost to Ryoko, I'd've won 25% of the pot in second place. That's about $60. Beating Ryoko would mean winning 65%. That's $156. Splitting with Ryoko would mean I get 45%. That's $108 (which I would've been cool with actually, as I originally intended). All considering, it's pretty clear no one in their right mind would split three ways, and accept only $80.

So, now that I'm thinking straight, I have questions for people, before I start pointing fingers.

Ryoko: When I offered to split two ways with you after we walked up to the table, and Velocity interjected, why did you not say something? In fact, you motioned to grudgingly rehook-up the Wii, which further confused me. Why didn't you just say something?

Velocity: What the hell is your problem? You acted like a jerk all day, even though I was happy to see you again. You mocked me before the tourney claiming I'd place exactly 7th, and that I'd never even get a chance to fight you, saying I'd lose to Ryoko or Vex (I didn't fight Vex btw. He acted dumb and played Bowser against the Ice-Climbers that managed to take a match off me, so I fought those Ice-Climbers instead) first, and that there was no one in the room you'd lose to. Never once did you even apologize, or seem to accept you were wrong, even after I ***** the balls off you in winners finals, Mr. "I'm not afraid of Marth, I 2-0ed NEO." By the way, you put a dollar on that bet that I'd place seventh, and Didn't even give me the money when I tried to collect!You didn't even win doubles, you were just b!tching because you didn't place first in either event. Then after I was virtually pressured and tricked into splitting with you, you didn't apologize, or even show any kind of gratitude. You just seemed kind of smug that you were able to walk out of there with my money. You showed 0 gratitude, and you're probably sitting at home laughing right now that I'm such an idiot, and gave you money that wasn't yours while I was confused. Oh well. A good person would return the money to me and Ryoko, instead of being so immature, but as of now, I seriously don't expect that of you. I'm just so angry because so many people were talking so much **** about you, and I always stood up for you, remembering Terrabite 2, and how you were so chill. I guess I was wrong.

Everyone else there: Why didn't anyone mention anything? The people at the desk running the tourney had already started splitting the money three ways when I had packed up and walked over after fighting Ryoko. Didn't any of you care to even ask my opinion?

To my crew mates, Munk and Bschung: I realized that you two at least were trying to tell me not to split. I wish you would be more assertive in your advice, and not simply yell at me "Don't split." I was under the idea that you wanted me not to split because you thought I could win (which I might have) and while I encourage the confidence booster, it was confusing, and not helping when I have angry people who want to split, and my crew screaming at me "DON'T SPLIT" I wish you'd explained to me what I explained just now.

I am normally considered to be a very smart person, but even the smartest people make mistakes sometime. Everyone always tells me I'm too nice, but I don't really like to be mean, or even as confrontational as I'm being now. However, I truly do feel like I was cheated out of money. Velocity, in my opinion, you own both Ryoko and I $32, as we should've split top two as I originally wanted, and the payout should've been 45%, 45%, 10%. However, considering you acted yesterday, I doubt I'll ever see that money. I actually need that money which is one of the reasons I was reluctant to split in the first place, but I foolishly put you and Ryoko's feelings before my own personal monetary gain, but it's whatever. Perhaps this'll teach me a lesson that if you try to be friends with people, be careful because they'll screw you over in the pocket.

HOWEVER! There is one last thing that is super important.

When I agreed to split, I told Ryoko that I wanted a registered FIRST PLACE. He accepted this (IMO, saying I don't care is accepting), This is important to me, because for a long time I got no respect and my skill was not acknowledge. I'm generally not one to go around demanding fame, and I'm normally pretty modest, but right now I'm also mad. Please correct the results to represent me as the true victor of last night's tournament. Ryoko, I'm sorry if you have a problem with this, or dislike me because if it, but I'm also upset, and this is what you agreed to. If you really care, you'll beat me next time. I still think you're the better player, as I told you last night. I just played exceptionally well in round three, and you spot dodge too much.

Please, correctly award me my first, first place tournament victory. I don't believe anyone can say it wasn't legit. I played very well, and I won.

That is all.

Rocann

Smash Lord
Sorry, but there's no way you can just "have" first. You didn't finish; whether you accepted to split 3-way with Velocity and Ryoko or 2-way with just Ryoko it still would've meant you tied for 1st. It's weird that you all got the same money when Vel definitely placed third, but you and Ryoko were tied for first. Literally, you had each won a set when you ended. The most you can take is a tie for first, which is what the results should say, not that Ryoko won. It should be

1. Ryoko/Pierce
2. Ryoko/Pierce
3. Velocity
4. UltimoDragon

^^true top 4 results.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
/agree with rocann

besides, if you kept going, pierce, you would have just lost anyways. And everyone who was there knew it. Not trying to be a d!ck, but if anyone else says otherwise, you're plumb ********.

We just wanted to get out of there. You and your crew left for nearly a half hour without saying anything, assuming that tha tournament would wait for you. Imo, that was rude to those who were waiting to play their matches. If you were here/got your food faster, this issue wouldn't exist. It was really late and we should've finished faster.

Grats on your flawless winner's bracket performance though. Understand that it was cold, and we wanted to bounce. That's all. Nothing more.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Sorry, but there's no way you can just "have" first. You didn't finish; whether you accepted to split 3-way with Velocity and Ryoko or 2-way with just Ryoko it still would've meant you tied for 1st. It's weird that you all got the same money when Vel definitely placed third, but you and Ryoko were tied for first. Literally, you had each won a set when you ended. The most you can take is a tie for first, which is what the results should say, not that Ryoko won. It should be

1. Ryoko/Pierce
2. Ryoko/Pierce
3. Velocity
4. UltimoDragon

^^true top 4 results.
That's fine. I'm too mad to argue, even though Ryoko agreed to give me first, which is why I agreed to split. I don't care. As long as I'm not listed as second place. Ankoku, I earned points for Marth, hook me up here. I went all Marth.

/agree with rocann

besides, if you kept going, pierce, you would have just lost anyways. And everyone who was there knew it. Not trying to be a d!ck, but if anyone else says otherwise, you're plumb ********.

We just wanted to get out of there. You and your crew left for nearly a half hour without saying anything, assuming that tha tournament would wait for you. Imo, that was rude to those who were waiting to play their matches. If you were here/got your food faster, this issue wouldn't exist. It was really late and we should've finished faster.

Grats on your flawless winner's bracket performance though. Understand that it was cold, and we wanted to bounce. That's all. Nothing more.
Uh, I definitely could've beat Ryoko. Perhaps you're correct that at that moment in time, my playing was sub-par, and I admit that I had a reasonably good chance of losing, but I can beat Ryoko, don't be mistaken (not to take any credit away from Ryoko of course).

And as for me and my crew leaving without saying anything: Bullsh!it.

I specifically asked if there would be enough time for me to go to 7-11. I went to the desk and ASKED if I'd have enough time, and I was assured that I'd have more than enough. Furthermore, loser's finals had not even occurred, so there's no way you could've been waiting on me, since I had already completed winner's finals.

Of course, I understand people wanted to leave, that's a major factor in why I made such a stupid mistake. I didn't want to hold up all those people waiting on just me and Ryoko to play. But there's NO WAY Velocity should've ended up in the split, unless he played Ryoko in loser's finals, and beat Ryoko.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Wow I read Pierce's posts, that seems like a pretty lame thing to do Velocity.

and LMFAO @ "I'm not afraid of Marth I 2-0ed NEO"

Yeah, 6 months ago at my first offline tournament - nice

Play me now *****

Beat

Smash Ace
I had fun. I liked 75% of the people I met. I'll do individual shout-outs when the full results are listed, since I'd hate to forget anyone I wanted to say something to.

I'm a little mad at my performance. I guess that's what I get for maining Ike until this tournament and then using Snake in every set... Time to reallocate the time I spend in my characters.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
1. There was a lot of people who acted like *****
2. There was a lot of people who were cool
3. Beat's beard was epic
4. Welcome to brawl tournaments, some people act like a$$holes
5. get over it, and play your best

PS: Lol at whoever told Mow how to play brawl.....and then lost to him

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I wish I could've come. Sorry Chibo I forgot to tell you. I lost my glasses on Wednesday and had to go home this weekend to get new ones. Good stuff Dan. I'll try to come next time.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
uggghhhh first tournament johns

I'm satisfied with how freaking close my matches were with Velocity and Ryoko (both to the 3rd map last stock both chars in 130% or so)

best quote of the tournament

"I main the three manliest characters in Brawl. Ike, Bowser, and Snake. If they stood on top of each other, they would be the manliest totem pole." - Beat

It was interesting. I'm going to try to find enough money to come again. But first I have to go kill some turtles

Edit: Also extra special thanks to Ak for housing me last night and Ryoko for being a trooper and SPRINTING back to wawa for that bar of soap

Edit 2: wow I really need to stop editing this post and take a shower
We're you the Olimar who played with tag " .com "?

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
/agree with rocann

Technically it would be listed as follows...

1st Pierce
1nd Ryoko
3rd Velocity
4th UltimoDragon

UltimaScout comes in FTW :chuckle:

Beat

Smash Ace
Everything about me is epic. I'm the best, we all know it. I just forgot how to take off the sandbags...

...I'm coping with the fact that I was born ahead of my time.

Grape: .com's smashboards name is like... protoman or something.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The End of All This Nonsense

First off everyone, I'm VERY VERY VERY sorry I had to leave. This kind of stuff normally does not happen, and I promise it won't happen at a future biweekly. I really wish I was there to help set everything straight. More on why I had to leave and such in my shoutoutz in my next post.

I read all that wall of text lol and here's my decision. First off, we can't forget that Pierce did beat Ryoko and Velocity in winners. This helps disprove any doubt saying, well I'm sure Pierce woulda lost in the rest of grand finals.

As for money, the split is 65/25/10. Vel Ryoko wanted a 3 way split, Pierce only wanted to split with 1st. So at this point it would be 45/45/10. Then Velocity and Ryoko wanted to split, so it should have been 45/27.5/27.5. This way it's a 3 way split, but Pierce only splits his money with Ryoko, and not Velocity. This is why I hate splits lol. With a $250 pot, there should have been 110/70/70.

Now for who gets the record, I need a solid placement. You can't put ties in Tio, and someone has to win anyway. Ryoko agreed with Pierce to give him the win, and that's that. I'm going to put Ryoko winning the first match over Pierce in grand finals taking Pierce to losers for the final final match, but then Pierce winning that match so he takes first.

I'm so sorry for all the confusion. I wish someone would have called me when all this was going on so I could chime in with my advice.

Now for my shoutouts, which I'll do in a different post to avoid confusion.

Oh yea, and so I can post full results: WHO WON IN THE BOXMAN V STEEL2ND MATCH!?!?!?!?
thats the only result i need to know

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Even though I placed badly in the bracket this tournament, I still showed a decent amount of people that Bowser is potentially high tier D:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
10/17 Brawl Results

Doubles

1: We Have Some Pie (ChiboSempai + Rogue Pit) (ROB + Pit)
2: I Don't Know (Velocity + RyokoYaksa) (Game and Watch + Zelda/Sheik/ZSS)
3: PA Sucks **** (Umbreon + Terner) (Ike + Lucario)
4: Burrito Royal (BSChung + Munk) (DDD + DDD)
5: Scoops Haagen Dazs (UltimoDragon + Boxman) (DK + Snake)
5: Vexzax (Vex Kasrani + Xzax) (DDD/GaW/Bowser + MetaKnight)
7: MBR (Steel2nd + Pierce7d) (Marth + Marth)
7: Cheap (Ussi + Genesis) (Ike + Falco)
9: PA's Worst (Grape **** + Chaser)
9: Q (Mike + Max)
9: North East Kings (Beat + Cless)
9: The A Team (Pat + Snaky)

Singles

1: Pierce7d (Marth)
2: RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik)
3: Velocity (Game and Watch)
4: UltimoDragon (DK)
5: Andy (Olimar)
5: Max (Ice Climbers)
7: Boxman (Snake)
7: Munk (DDD)
9: Xzax (THE ONLY METAKNIGHT MAIN AT THIS WHOLE TOURNAMENT WTF)
9: Steel2nd
9: Rogue Pit
9: BSChung
13: ChiboSempai
13: Beat
13: Ussi
13: Vex Kasrani
17: Wind Owl
17: Snaky
17: Cylf
17: Genesis
17: Mike
17: .com
17: Terner
17: Cless
25: Justin
25: PowerPC
25: Grape ****
25: Andrea
25: Bnzaaa
25: Chaser

Beat

Smash Ace
The next person who says something about how proud they are of themselves is getting a Beat-style BEATDOWN.

Congrats, Pierce. I heard this was your first venue? Really good stuff, man.

Vel and Ryoko, good **** as always. More specific shout-outs to come.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
1: Pierce7d - grats bro ^_^
2: RyokoYaksa - thanks for the friendlies
4: UltimoDragon - great set sir, hope to play you again
5: Max - fun stuff, great IC and CG'ng
7: Boxman - great set we had, nice rob and snake
9: Steel2nd - place better plz
9: Rogue Pit - fun friendlies, you had the most success with wolf. you didn't play ghey enough with falco ^_^
13: ChiboSempai - thanks for another fun tourny, chibo. and grats on the doubles win
13: Vex Kasrani - good **** in doubles
25: Chaser - good Pit

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Ryoko and Velocity wanted to split three ways. If I was paying attention, I would've realized this was stupid. I could place no less than second, why would I split with third? Of course, I had an idea that Ryoko or Velocity would want to split when I got back, and I considered splitting with second while I was on my walk back from 7-11, but I thought they'd at least have losers finals, and not propose a three way split.
M2K has agreed to split top 5 after winning winner's finals and me, Inui, and Eazy did a 3 way split before. The point of splitting money with more people is because you're chill with them. It's not a matter of sanity :laugh:.

Now, I fought Ryoko in Grand Finals. He seemed pretty upset, and, I felt bad. I actually need the money, as most of Atlantic North knows, because I've been broke ever since someone stole my wallet (not someone in the Smash community, someone at school I'm assuming).
:( That sucks but FYI, Ryoko needs $ too.

He re-offered the split, and I was also tired. Ryoko is really smart, and a player I had a lot of respect for. It would have been nice to have him as a friend. Anyone who knows him knows that Ryoko is a very confusing person. Just being in his confusing presence did not help the situation, lol. For those reasons, plus the fact that I realized it was possible that I would continue playing sub-par, I accepted the split.
Are you sure you just weren't tired? Ryoko has never struck me as confusing.

If I was paying attention, I would've realized that Velocity was out of the tourney, not having access to any moneys belonging to first or second. However, when I say that I'm splitting only with Ryoko, Velocity gets mad, and he's like, "THEN GO BACK OVER THERE AND HOOK UP THAT WII AND I FIGHT THE LOSER!" Naturally, Ryoko did not feel very happy about this idea at all.
lmao, wtf is this? If he forfeit he can't say he's fighting the loser.

My mind was tired, and not functioning properly, and I had to deal with angry people who wanted to leave (plus those waiting for a ride and in charge of the tournament). I wasn't afraid of fighting Velocity again at all, I just didn't want to have to put anyone through that.
Clearly not functioning properly. Anyone was free to leave except the people running the tournament and people who had to be paid out. I can't imagine THAT many additional people would have had to wait that they'd be upset.

All considering, it's pretty clear no one in their right mind would split three ways, and accept only $80.
Once again, it's not about sanity.

Velocity: What the hell is your problem? You acted like a jerk all day, even though I was happy to see you again. You mocked me before the tourney claiming I'd place exactly 7th, and that I'd never even get a chance to fight you, saying I'd lose to Ryoko or Vex (I didn't fight Vex btw. He acted dumb and played Bowser against the Ice-Climbers that managed to take a match off me, so I fought those Ice-Climbers instead) first, and that there was no one in the room you'd lose to. Never once did you even apologize, or seem to accept you were wrong, even after I ***** the balls off you in winners finals, Mr. "I'm not afraid of Marth, I 2-0ed NEO." By the way, you put a dollar on that bet that I'd place seventh, and Didn't even give me the money when I tried to collect!You didn't even win doubles, you were just b!tching because you didn't place first in either event. Then after I was virtually pressured and tricked into splitting with you, you didn't apologize, or even show any kind of gratitude. You just seemed kind of smug that you were able to walk out of there with my money. You showed 0 gratitude, and you're probably sitting at home laughing right now that I'm such an idiot, and gave you money that wasn't yours while I was confused. Oh well. A good person would return the money to me and Ryoko, instead of being so immature, but as of now, I seriously don't expect that of you. I'm just so angry because so many people were talking so much **** about you, and I always stood up for you, remembering Terrabite 2, and how you were so chill. I guess I was wrong.
Velocity is a cocky ******* sometimes, but he's a funny one imo :laugh::laugh: Though what he said made no sense.

Top Bottom