• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea pierce is pretty awesome, i met him last week and it was cool of him to make the ride out to my tourney last night. definitely one of the coolest jersey smashers iv met

i know aggressive rob can be amazing, and i do unusually well when i play like that, however there are some times when i just cant. i play very safe in teams to hold stock (which rogue pit took a stock from me in a ton of matches) and the strategy worked perfect. i also tend to be campy in hard matchups like DDD where he can shield grab like anything lol. i find that when im not playing good and out of ideas i start to camp poorly lol. i love my aggressive gyro style when im in ultra **** mode lol. iv never seen any other robs do anyhing like i do when i play like that
(only example i can think of yesterday when i played like that was my friendly v boxman yesterday b4 doubles started)

D

Deleted member

people in smash are *******s. you've been here longer than march 2008 so you should know all about it. you have to be cool and level headed, not mad 1 day and calm the next. sbr has many arguments that WILL piss you off, you can't get mad @ them. thats just how it is. Why you posted has no impact on the situation. speak up about it, but choose how you do so.

I am also an *******.

edit: actually whatever you do just don't do http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5601111&postcount=219

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
Delayed shoutout times.

Singles

1: Pierce7d (Marth) - Good **** ma dude sorry about the money we told you not to split i
just thought if you focused you could win i wasn't even thinking about the 3-way thing.

2: RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik) - You confuse me by association but good ****

3: Velocity (Game and Watch) - Thanks for the help at TB 2 but no futher comment

4: UltimoDragon (DK) - Sorry about the horrible attitude, I was put into loser's by a bad counterpick and self-destruction when i had the lead. I hate falcos, I hate myself for trying to walk through lazer spam, And i HATE tofu (the ghost on yoshi's island) for getting me spiked when i went to regrab the ledge

5: Andy (Olimar) - The fight was my fault entirely, You played the way i expected any olimar player would, the SD was my fault i missed my y button entirely and lost the match

5: Max (Ice Climbers) - Didn;t play you but congrats on stopping pierce's hotstreak that means something.

7: Boxman (Snake) - I don't think i played you....did i?

7: Munk (DDD) - KINGGGGGG DEDEDE

9: Xzax (THE ONLY METAKNIGHT MAIN AT THIS WHOLE TOURNAMENT WTF) - Your a cool dude, Don't remember where i've met you before. and WTF only 1 metaknight? is that even possible?

9: Steel2nd - Good **** in teams, sorry about knocking you out, i expected both you and pierce to stay in winners.

9: Rogue Pit- Didn't play in singles, was paying more attention to Chibo in doubles, but good match.

9: BSChung - Your an awesome person for driving us everywhere, Really sorry about knocking you out of losers. You need to make some cash money matching.

13: ChiboSempai - Sorry about singles, I get mad at campers, probably because my campy spam isn't as pro. I still think waddle doo's should fire charge shots like they do in the kirby games. << Waddle doo for top tier!

13: Vex Kasrani - Your bowser is obscure and ****, Also your mad cool peoplez. We still need to do our money match.

25: Bnzaaa - wtfson? Someone needs more trainging time with m2k.

Anyone i forgot i appologize.

Also Chibo just for reference, you lost our match not because you camped, but because you didn't throw much changeup into your camping, that and the crew's pro at powersheilding. I also do go to a lot of tournies with pierce i just don't stand out as much.

Pierce - I should work on placing higher, play me with your falco more, i only seem to lose to MKs and falcos. Brian would have placed higher if I wasn't forced to knock him out of the tourny.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Keitaro- you shouldn't let that go in one ear and out the other. I mean if you just **** someone that's fine. But if you are playing someone, and you aware of their skill level and typical decision making, you would obviously notice whether they were playing badly.

I've seen spam play badly on numerous occasions( mainly talking about melee). He was playing HORRIBLY during dm's first brawl tourny, the one where there was a melee tourny first. He almost loss to El and Inui. Its not a John if he says he was playing badly. Sometimes people honestly aren't playing at the level that they usually do.

If u realize and analyzed how fights go, you can tell when someone in playing badly or not.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah ok, i didnt kno munk was taiki, now i know who u are lol

yea my projectile camping was pretty stupid in our match lol i just did the same thing and u kept powershielding all of it. reminded me of vex's DDD. you did great though. i was so out of it lol. i was gonna go falco 3rd match but then u CP'd one of my fav stages as rob lol. ur cool, we need friendlies at later tournies

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I LOVE YOU CHIBO!

I was getting ready to beg you to host this kind of side-tourney, but apparently you're just that awesome.

EDIT:
umbreon - do u still play diamond or pearl at all? like wifi on ur ds or through shoddy or somethin? id like to get a chance to play u sometime
O.o you play competitive Pokémon too?

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
Hey, sorry for taking so long, long day today.

I have no idea who half the people i play were but,

1: UltimoDragon - Sorry i couldn't stay to watch you, keep it up man.

2: Andy - yo man, thanks for the challenge and the chat. I'll find someway to counter your olimar... somehow....

3: Xzax - next time we'll actually play each other.

4: ChiboSempai - thanks for the tournament, gave me something to do and some good practice.

5: Beat - Good games, next time I'll give you a garder challenge.

6: Vex Kasrani - your bowsers really scary, i never seen one go into a smash that fast before O.o

Everyone else, sorry i dont remember whose who yet, im relatively new to the smash scene. Ill cya'll at the next brawl tourney, ima be busy at the melee one.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
shirufu, what name did u enter as in the bracket?
sry, i met like 20 new ppl for the first time in person yesterday and im bad at putting names to people right away lol

sure do wind owl, me and gotm are quite good at it, and umbreon and ultimascout (from my crew) are some of the best ever

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oct 31st is the next one and will feature melee doubles, melee singles, and a brawl+ singles. there is no regular brawl

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Oh, and Chibo... Is there any way to get recording equipment into Caneris? I think if the first ever Brawl+ tourney were RECORDED, that could add a lot to the hype (and we need it).

Velocity

Smash Lord

Velocity you're hilarious come play melee and scream for no reason like you used to :laugh: that **** is SO FUNNY.
I'll see you at Alukards tourney I'm going for melee.

@Chibo: I'll definitely be at the next bi-weekly for melee and I guess I'll enter brawl+

∫unk

Smash Master
Well. I'm sorry to hear that. Being a part of the SBR is important to me, but not being disrespected is also important to me. While I had an amazing time yesterday, I had a rough night, and a rough morning this morning. Stuff like that happens to everyone, and it's natural for people to get edgy about it when they aren't feeling well.

Am I making johns for myself because I want to be a part of SBR, yes. But if the SBR is going to reject me on the premise that I felt insulted and I spoke up about it, even though everyone not involved in this incident seemed to enjoy my company (any given person please correct me if I'm wrong), and I placed well, then I'm not sure if I'll ever fit SBR criteria. I'm fun enough to be around, and a normally agreeable person. The community will attest to that. But I don't just let people walk all over me and reach into my pocket, especially because this tournament was probably more important to me than anyone else attending. It meant something important to me, PARTIALLY BECAUSE I want to be a member of the SBR, and I wanted an actually victory under my belt, and because it meant something for my crew, my friends, cool people that have had my back and encourage me to get better, like Inui, Atomsk, Blue, Yehs, Eazy, m2k (just to name a few, random shoutouts, c wat i did thar!) and because I was also a representative of the Marth community.

When I played yesterday, I wasn't just playing for me. I didn't care so much just so I can be popular. I THINK I'm already popular in this region, as far as social aspects are concerned. I wanted to represent those people. So naturally, when something went as unexpectedly as last night's finish did, I was upset. I'm sorry if the SBR frowns on 'my kind of behavior'. I didn't even insult anyone, except Velocity, and in his case, I merely spoke truth. He talked LOTS of smack yesterday, and this hurt, primarily because a lot of players in Jersey often mock him, and I defend his name, so for him to so casually disregard me was highly insulting.

Like I said though, I was tired, I had my crew stressing me out, but I got the win, I met lots of people, made new friends, and went home with 80. That's all that matters right now.

Oh, and Chibo, he's right. Stalling at the edge like that is not only really . . . an unfavorable way to play in many people's eyes, but it also limits you. I find less campy R.O.B.s to be more challenging.
You know I love you dog (o hay mindgames) but this is way too much analysis on going to a video game tournament.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Keitaro- you shouldn't let that go in one ear and out the other. I mean if you just **** someone that's fine. But if you are playing someone, and you aware of their skill level and typical decision making, you would obviously notice whether they were playing badly.

I've seen spam play badly on numerous occasions( mainly talking about melee). He was playing HORRIBLY during dm's first brawl tourny, the one where there was a melee tourny first. He almost loss to El and Inui. Its not a John if he says he was playing badly. Sometimes people honestly aren't playing at the level that they usually do.

If u realize and analyzed how fights go, you can tell when someone in playing badly or not.
If people "honestly" aren't playing at the skill level that they "usually do," that means there's an exploitable gap in their playing skills which can cause them to *gasp* lose matches. It's called inconsistency, and that is as much as or more than a legitimate factor when assessing overall skill like anything else. Obviously the people on the other end of this "bad playing" don't experience the problem.

Heaven forbid should people say "I got outplayed" and leave it at that. They'd rather jab out their own eyeballs first.

-I agree on the overanalysis clause directed @ Pierce. Of all things worth mulling over, Brawl ain't one of them.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
This event was fun. I'm still not over how bad I did :(.

1: Pierce7d (Marth): Good stuff.
2: RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik): Probably the best Zelda/Sheik out there.
3: Velocity (Game and Watch): You like Frigate too much. :)
4: UltimoDragon (DK) Crazy DK.
5: Andy (Olimar) Not bad for your first in-person tournament. Try to go to more.
5: Max (Ice Climbers) Way to rep the Icyey's :). You roll to much though.
7: Munk (DDD): Legit SD's do suck.
9: Xzax (THE ONLY METAKNIGHT MAIN AT THIS WHOLE TOURNAMENT WTF): We should play each other next time.
9: Steel2nd: Nice Marth.
9: Rogue Pit Good stuff in doubles. We should definitely play sometime. We need some Pit dittos:laugh:
9: BSChung: Thanks for the ride home.
13: ChiboSempai: Thanks for hosting. Good stuff in doubles.
13: Beat: Switching mains I see...
13: Ussi: My four trips on PS2=hax. I'll get you next time though.
13: Vex Kasrani: Got gayed. Should have went Bowser on me too. :laugh: Game and Watch dittos are fun though.
17: Genesis: How did you lose on Jungle Japes?
17: .com: Don't quit Brawl.
25: Bnzaaa: Don't let this happen again...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its a short thing, plus the melee always runs fast. last melee biweekly didnt start till after 7 and was done at 10 30. this one will def start earlier, and il run it faster with more TVs. granted there will be more ppl though. im considering a single elim bracket for brawl+. it kinda depends on the time.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
people in smash are *******s. you've been here longer than march 2008 so you should know all about it. you have to be cool and level headed, not mad 1 day and calm the next. sbr has many arguments that WILL piss you off, you can't get mad @ them. thats just how it is. Why you posted has no impact on the situation. speak up about it, but choose how you do so.

I am also an *******.

edit: actually whatever you do just don't do http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5601111&postcount=219
Arguments don't piss me off. In fact, I cannot recall the last time I was in an online conversation that ever "pissed me off". I was upset for the reasons I previously stated. Seriously, you've never been upset about something before?

And while that post is not characteristic of me, it felt good to get my thoughts out. Now I know how Velocity feels :laugh:

What about that post wasn't "cool and level-headed" anyway? It was a bit long-winded, but I told it like it was, and didn't skew any facts. What did you want me to say?

If people "honestly" aren't playing at the skill level that they "usually do," that means there's an exploitable gap in their playing skills which can cause them to *gasp* lose matches. It's called inconsistency, and that is as much as or more than a legitimate factor when assessing overall skill like anything else. Obviously the people on the other end of this "bad playing" don't experience the problem.

Heaven forbid should people say "I got outplayed" and leave it at that. They'd rather jab out their own eyeballs first.

-I agree on the overanalysis clause directed @ Pierce. Of all things worth mulling over, Brawl ain't one of them.
I'm pretty inconsistent, perhaps. I'm not as experienced as many top players, and I don't claim to be one. What's your excuse? Oh yeah, sandbagging. Maybe I'll try that one next time then. I was sandbagging those last three rounds :laugh:

Sorry dude, I just tell it like it is. It's not like I'm going around saying, "ZOMG, I'D'VE DEFINITELY BEATEN RYOKO IN THE LAST SET"

Seriously, what do you want me to say? Didn't I already admit I think your the better player?

And, I do find Brawl worth mulling over. It's something I love and enjoy, and try to further my knowledge in. Why is that wrong? I analyze things, to get better. Tends to work in most aspects of life, I'm an analytical guy. Slow but accurate.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty inconsistent, perhaps. I'm not as experienced as many top players, and I don't claim to be one. What's your excuse? Oh yeah, sandbagging. Maybe I'll try that one next time then. I was sandbagging those last three rounds :laugh:

Sorry dude, I just tell it like it is. It's not like I'm going around saying, "ZOMG, I'D'VE DEFINITELY BEATEN RYOKO IN THE LAST SET"

Seriously, what do you want me to say? Didn't I already admit I think your the better player?
Except for the last sentence, none of that was actually directed at you, but Eazy. Good show.

And, I do find Brawl worth mulling over. It's something I love and enjoy, and try to further my knowledge in. Why is that wrong? I analyze things, to get better. Tends to work in most aspects of life, I'm an analytical guy. Slow but accurate.
And this is exactly why you're my favorite kind of person to toy with.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
1.Pierce7d- Great job humiliating Velocity. I was going to yell out before the match F-Tilt trap him! Nothing made me happier when you actually did it in the freaking tree of all places.
3: Velocity (Game and Watch) - Not to be a *******, but your overrated and extremely arrogant. I'm surprised I even took a match from you. I thought you would be a better ambassador in the smash community.
4: UltimoDragon (DK) - Watched your amazing match vs Max. I thought you were a goner great comeback. Awesome way to represent DK.
5: Andy (Olimar) - I knew you were really good from gamebattles. What was it, 436 wins Spring season. I'm expecting you to win next time, just make sure you ban Frigate. I just felt bad who ever was playing against you.
5: Max (Ice Climbers) - Great matches, I'm happy someone was playing to win with Ice Climbers. I would have loved to play a match or friendly against you.
7: Boxman (Snake) - Great match on Jungle Japes you did everything I wouldn't think you would have done and you won. Great job with Rob, that's the one match up I dislike with a passion.
7: Munk (DDD) - Awesome friendlies, your DDD is really good. Great matches vs Vex I thought you were a goner.
9: Xzax (METAKNIGHT) - As soon as I saw you playing Andy G not knowing who he was, I knew you were going to lose. Great Rob friendly as well. It really shows my weakness towards them.
9: Rogue Pit - Nice friendlies before everyone arrived.
9: BSChung - Hey man I'd love to be your doubles partner next time I'll pay your doubles fee. I think we possibly could place top 3. Your DDD is extremely good, and you know a lot about the game. We definitely have to play some friendlies online.
13: ChiboSempai - Next time I want a first round match against Velocity. Great job winning Doubles!
13: Beat - Great doubles match, I laughed when I caught you in a chain grab and you said to Cylf "Yo dude help" and then he quickly F-aired me. I thought you were going to humiliate us.
13. Ussi - Thanks for all the friendlies and being my doubles partner. I think we could have placed a lot higher if we just had a little bit more practice. I'll rack damage you finish them off. What was it, you had 6 ko's in 1 doubles match, ridiculous
13: Vex Kasrani - Great job playing Bowser, the only other Bowser I can compare you with is Warriorknight.
17: Cylf - I felt really bad for you, when you got stuck with Andy G first round. No one knew who he was besides me, I wish I would have told you sooner.
17: Genesis - Stop being an idiot, and completely get predictable. Stop picking Japes when your trash on it.
17: .com - Nice Olimar, I was hopping I would not have to play you during the tournament.
17: Cless - Good match in doubles, your Marth has a lot of potential just do more fading F-Airs and wall your opponent.
25: PowerPC - Nice beating me in friendlies
25: Andrea - I was counting down the seconds in till you would leave.
25: Bnzaaa - I didn't get to play a match against you, I'm actually upset.
25: Chaser - Your Diddy scared the **** out of me. Dude I thought you were going to start dribbling and I would have been toast.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well. I'm sorry to hear that. Being a part of the SBR is important to me, but not being disrespected is also important to me. While I had an amazing time yesterday, I had a rough night, and a rough morning this morning. Stuff like that happens to everyone, and it's natural for people to get edgy about it when they aren't feeling well.

Am I making johns for myself because I want to be a part of SBR, yes. But if the SBR is going to reject me on the premise that I felt insulted and I spoke up about it, even though everyone not involved in this incident seemed to enjoy my company (any given person please correct me if I'm wrong), and I placed well, then I'm not sure if I'll ever fit SBR criteria. I'm fun enough to be around, and a normally agreeable person. The community will attest to that. But I don't just let people walk all over me and reach into my pocket, especially because this tournament was probably more important to me than anyone else attending. It meant something important to me, PARTIALLY BECAUSE I want to be a member of the SBR, and I wanted an actually victory under my belt, and because it meant something for my crew, my friends, cool people that have had my back and encourage me to get better, like Inui, Atomsk, Blue, Yehs, Eazy, m2k (just to name a few, random shoutouts, c wat i did thar!) and because I was also a representative of the Marth community.

When I played yesterday, I wasn't just playing for me. I didn't care so much just so I can be popular. I THINK I'm already popular in this region, as far as social aspects are concerned. I wanted to represent those people. So naturally, when something went as unexpectedly as last night's finish did, I was upset. I'm sorry if the SBR frowns on 'my kind of behavior'. I didn't even insult anyone, except Velocity, and in his case, I merely spoke truth. He talked LOTS of smack yesterday, and this hurt, primarily because a lot of players in Jersey often mock him, and I defend his name, so for him to so casually disregard me was highly insulting.
The SBR is full of jokes if they released the worst ruleset in history and the most inaccurate Brawl tier list I have ever seen LOL. You shouldn't even care about being in there. There are sooooo many amazing TOs and top players NOT in there because it's based 100% on being popular and having friends in there to get you in.

Also, stop worrying about Velocity. I used to like him a lot until he flipped out over like $10 at TerraBite 2. He's not as good of a person as he could be.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
The SBR is full of jokes if they released the worst ruleset in history and the most inaccurate Brawl tier list I have ever seen LOL. You shouldn't even care about being in there. There are sooooo many amazing TOs and top players NOT in there because it's based 100% on being popular and having friends in there to get you in.
Wow, you're cool. Someone get an application denied? :lol:

Top Bottom