• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty good for a first one, Killa. Yeah, you are just a bit late, but remember while we are waiting for 4.0, try to touch up on it and organize it with decent spacing, and you are good. It is very well-detailed; you have potential, but dont let any negative comments stop you, because we are all here to better everyone.

[/MESSAGE!!!]

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
That's pretty good for a first one, Killa. Yeah, you are just a bit late, but remember while we are waiting for 4.0, try to touch up on it and organize it with decent spacing, and you are good. It is very well-detailed; you have potential, but dont let any negative comments stop you, because we are all here to better everyone.
[/MESSAGE!!!]
Thank you, i know its rough around the edges i was working on it for hours, with research and thinking of how not to make him broken and etc. Its kinda rough and overall im not done with it so ill take you up on the editting advice. Thanks alot still :smash:

@KillaFrmNY: ROFL at your sig
Join the support man, :metaknight: :sniper:

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, i know its rough around the edges i was working on it for hours, with research and thinking of how not to make him broken and etc. Its kinda rough and overall im not done with it so ill take you up on the editting advice. Thanks alot still :smash:

Join the support man, :metaknight: :sniper:
Yep. I would do the same, but im just the web support for the contest. I just make movesets however and be happy with it. lol

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure we can't be friends now.

Anyhow, since you asked about the Final Smash, let me say that I think you could stand to explain it a little more. For someone like me, who's never played Rayman, it doesn't make a lot of sense. It sounds like it's basically a copy of Dedede's Final Smash, minus more powerful creatures but plus the fact that you can move and attack during it. So I guess I'm seeing it be like a combination of Dedede's and Pit's... I don't know if that's what you were going for, but that's what I'm getting out of it. So yeah, a little more explanation could be good.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure we can't be friends now.

Anyhow, since you asked about the Final Smash, let me say that I think you could stand to explain it a little more. For someone like me, who's never played Rayman, it doesn't make a lot of sense. It sounds like it's basically a copy of Dedede's Final Smash, minus more powerful creatures but plus the fact that you can move and attack during it. So I guess I'm seeing it be like a combination of Dedede's and Pit's... I don't know if that's what you were going for, but that's what I'm getting out of it. So yeah, a little more explanation could be good.
Sure we can still be friends, just play some other top tier character, thats what most mk mains will do when hes banned :].

Ok about explaining then, i myself have never played a ravin rabbits game, but from watching videos i can tell that they are flipping crazy. They attack anything that isnt a rabbit and always scream BLAAAAAAAAH. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0rf_amx35xA

I once so a video where rayman invaded there little hideout dressed as a rabbit, looking like a sore dumb the leader inspected him because of how suspicous he looked. Rayman then yelled BLAAAAAAAH and the rabbids left him alone.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Sure we can still be friends, just play some other top tier character, thats what most mk mains will do when hes banned :].
Oh, no, I don't think you understand. The fact that you just posted that series of pictures is going to make it very difficult for us to truly get along. Ask anyone around here how I feel about Meta Knight. I definitely don't play him because he's top tier. My second-most-used character is Ness, which ought to denounce that idea. I couldn't care less if he's banned from tournaments or what tier he is and whatnot, but you posting that... Makes it very...hard...to...resist... GAH!!

IhopeaWarpStarcrashesintoyourhouseandburnsittotheground!!

. . . . .I feel better now. :dizzy:

Ok about explaining then, i myself have never played a ravin rabbits game, but from watching videos i can tell that they are flipping crazy. They attack anything that isnt a rabbit and always scream BLAAAAAAAAH. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0rf_amx35xA

I once so a video where rayman invaded there little hideout dressed as a rabbit, looking like a sore dumb the leader inspected him because of how suspicous he looked. Rayman then yelled BLAAAAAAAH and the rabbids left him alone.
I mean more importantly that you'll want to explain how they attack in the Final Smash, like do they home in on opponents, or do they just run around aimlessly attacking anything in their path. And also things like how many of them are there and how fast can they move.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Oh, no, I don't think you understand. The fact that you just posted that series of pictures is going to make it very difficult for us to truly get along. Ask anyone around here how I feel about Meta Knight. I definitely don't play him because he's top tier. My second-most-used character is Ness, which ought to denounce that idea. I couldn't care less if he's banned from tournaments or what tier he is and whatnot, but you posting that... Makes it very...hard...to...resist... GAH!!

lol. Chill, man. He doesnt hate him as a character, he hates him as brawler. We all know how cool MK is.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace

I mean more importantly that you'll want to explain how they attack in the Final Smash, like do they home in on opponents, or do they just run around aimlessly attacking anything in their path. And also things like how many of them are there and how fast can they move.
lol. Chill, man. He doesnt hate him as a character, he hates him as brawler. We all know how cool MK is.
Word, i hate the brokeness of brawl altogether, also i said MOST, not all mk mainers will switch to another top tier. So ya GO NESS.

Anyways now that your specific, i guess ill go into some details.
1. If its a FFA, then 3 rabbids per person would come out. If its a single battle then just 3 come out to attack your foe.
2. They attack with plungers and are impossible to get off of you.
3. If i had to compare how they are, i would guess sorta like a metriod assist trophy(except u cant get them off you) that are just on you hammering you with a plunger.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Sorry. I just... I have this...obsession... And then...with the pictures...and I...*twitch*...

I'mma go get high on Warp Star dust now... I come back normal again. :ohwell:

PS: That's better. Now if you were to put that kind of stuff in the Final Smash, I'd consider it greatly improved.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
As i said before its still not complete. Still plenty of things that can be added and thank you for helping me with this cause i wasnt gonna add anything when i was gonna edit it again.

Also im more of a Mario and DK kinda guy DUN DUN DUN. And dont click my sig.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
@Sonic the Baron: TwiltHero doesn't want to be funny, so you get to keep your vote.

@Rayman: That actually is very good for a first moveset. Too much detail can be bad, sure, but you've gotta make sure there's some detail in there, or else it's bare bones. Add more stuff like Kibble pointed out for your final smash throughout the moveset. Good job finding a kirby hat btw.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I love Meta Knight as a character, I just hate how horribly imba he is in Brawl, and thus I don't use him. I intend to make him a boss in my SSE barely buffed at all, just giving him a good AI, his imba moveset being enough to be a boss. Roflzorgs.
You mean buffed from his imba Brawl form? Or barely viable? Either way, a low-tier character(s) should fight him, just for the irony.

Edit: Never mind, just saw last part, hehe. BTW, what is the name of your new SSE? And do you know any characters that you will include as of now?

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
*sigh* Sorry I'm like never around, I'm just not doing so great overall. No artistic inspiration, religioemotional baggage, grades are sliding, can't concentrate on anything, feel like I'm gonna have a sh*t fit at the slightest provocation...and it's been going on for a whole month, so no, it's not that.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
it's not that.
*phew*

For a second there I was sure you had contracted the G-Virus. :bee:

I JEST, I JEST.

How'z'bout an ad to cheer thee up?

Nintendogs by Iron Thorn

Nintendogs by Iron Thorn

I know what you're thinking. "No. Impossible. It simply cannot be. I remember this moveset, and I remember how much it sucked". You're thinking of the horrible, horrible excuse for a moveset by [insert that user's name here, cuz' I forget]. This, on the other hand, is an absolutely amazing moveset. Way better than the characters' Brawl "moveset", anyways.

Basically, it's what you'd expect: three dogs (which is the number you can own at any given time in the game) that swap places with a Down B transformation move. What you won't see coming is how awesomely inventive it is, moreso since all Iron Thorn had to work with here was three normal, everyday dogs and a bunch of plastic toys.

I'd wager that, stupidly, a lot of you haven't read this. Why? Because it's freaking Nintendogs, and "lol thats only 4 grls n nubs". Never speak like that again, fool. Sure, the game's not really what I'd call a "game" in the traditional sense, but it was still fun for a while, and certainly a novel experience. Anyways, regardless of your feelings on the source material, you owe it to yourself as a super-cool-kid (and you are a super-cool-kid, aren't you?) to check this out.

Never judge a book by it's cover. Looks can be deceiving. A sheep dog in wolf's dog's clothing. Just go read it.

THAT IS ALL

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Sonic the Baron: TwiltHero doesn't want to be funny, so you get to keep your vote.
WAIT!!!

I take everything back!!!!! I want to be the funny!!! PLZ! PLZ!!! PLZ!!!

At anyrate, i'll have my new SSE chapter tomorrow, or maybe even tonight. After that, i'll plan 3 more chapters continuing the groups, one chapter where they all meet up, the endgame, the final boss and epilogue.

....And all that before the end of November:ohwell:

smashbot226

Smash Master
WAIT!!!

I take everything back!!!!! I want to be the funny!!! PLZ! PLZ!!! PLZ!!!

At anyrate, i'll have my new SSE chapter tomorrow, or maybe even tonight. After that, i'll plan 3 more chapters continuing the groups, one chapter where they all meet up, the endgame, the final boss and epilogue.

....And all that before the end of November:ohwell:
Yay. Hope you feature one of my guys.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Mine too, Yau-Man hasn't been seen for a while...
Give me a break.....

It takes time to make a chapter. My computer occastionally crashes on me, i've got homework, and i have a *gasp* life too.

So please...be patient.

The cycle for group appearences work like this:
1. The first group: Drake and Josh. They later on encounter Erutashi, Clipit, Rand, Roger Rabbit, and just recently the latest chapter, Thor.

2. The second group: Leonardo/Pelleas/Geoffrey. They later on meet Vultorun (not sure if thats spelled right), Yau-man, and later on, a new appearence from a character.

3. The third group: Sagi/Chris Lionheart/Mia/Kalas. They just met Sol, and will meet another character in a new appearence.

4. The fourth group: Gibari/Ty/Jade/Amy. They recently met Kite and will probably meet another character when there turn comes.

5. The fifth and final group: Peter Griffin/Jeff Hardy/The Delicious One/Crono/Tien. They recently met Bagman and will probably meet another character as well.

I just finished off Drake and Josh's chapter earlier in the thread. The next group will be the second group. So, yeah. I may occastionally look through the thread to add one more character i can find. I might add Light and Ryuk (i happen to be a fan of the character), maybe another sworduser yet to found, and i might need another villain. This is yet to be final though.

BTW, i need to know......which group has the best chapters? The entire SSE is in my sigg.

peeup

Smash Lord
I haven't been here in a couple of months so I have a question: When will the final judging be/will there be a final judging?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I haven't been here in a couple of months so I have a question: When will the final judging be/will there be a final judging?
The submission period's over. The voting starts on tomorrow, or possibly the day after. Following that, the C.O.M.M.I.E.S. will convene for any necessary length of time to bang out the Top 50, at which point that'll be it for MYM3.

With the sequel to come shortly thereafter. Oh, and welcome back. : p

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm going to advertise some of my favorite movesets for this contest.

Erutashi Orrandey

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5354021&postcount=3805

Fighter, Slasher, (Nut) Ripper! Erutashi is a girl with attitude. While not ugly (I'ld hit it lol), she takes offense when people criticize her looks and when she does... someone is going down.

The moveset is reasonably detailed and unique with some rather interesting fire based moves.

Check this OC out.

King Arthur

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5174894&postcount=556

King Arthur Joins the fray! OMGWTF?! Only zany antics could possible ensue now.

This moveset while comical is also fairly detailed and features swallows, the holy hand grenade of Antioch, and one ferocious rabbit.

Team Big Shots

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5169430&postcount=293

Commander Blitzkrieg's best work. Technically a Poke'mon moveset, this could by some definition be called an OC.

Much better than the PT, this is one you may want to check out.

Mia

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5337211&postcount=3443

To quote Twil: she's a sword master, fan Fire Emblem favourite, hottest girl that isn't part of an anime, Mia of the Griel Mercenaries joins the Brawl!!!!!

Now for my opinion. Mia is a beautiful but insane young swordmaster, and the best Trueblade in Radiant Dawn, IMO.

While TWIL's moveset doesn't give her quite as much justice as she deserves (it is impossible to), he comes pretty dam close, even providing attack pictures.

While this moveset is light on extras, the actual moveset is gold.

Bard- By Meadow

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5300626&postcount=3035

An incredible moveset for a relatively new entrant. Bard features great formatting and detail with rather creative attacks. Fighters based on music ftw.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master

Honestly, there's not a whole lot I can tell you about this that'll surprise you. In fact if you listen to this ad and click the above link, you'll probably find exactly what you'd expect out of a moveset for Princess Peach's doting servant.

And when this first came up in my line of reviews, I thought the same thing. "God, why? I mean really? Toadsworth? Some silly old git in a sweater-vest?", and as a result of thinking that, I found myself quite enjoying what I was reading. If there's any part of you that enjoys British stereotypes, old men fighting with walking sticks, or delicious delicious irony-infused Neutral Specials (please tell me it's not just me!), then you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Another thing that's so beautiful about this is just how brief, while still being quite self-explanatory the whole thing is. In mostly single-sentence descriptions, Stroupes manages to totally convey all of Toadsworth's attacks. Of course, that also means it'll take like, no time at all to read!

Pip pip!

THAT IS ALL

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Yay i got a advertisement.

Thanks Chris. I added more extras to Mia just now. Trophies (just the Greil Mercenaries though), and a stage.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Time is running short... and it's been almost a week! Maybe it's time to remind you all of the terror of

THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN.

VERY NICE King.K Rool, an excellent and approriate finale to your MYM3.

Seriously, I'm definiley backing this guy for the top 10, no, top 5, NO, TOP 2 SPOTS!
Very awesome moveset to end the contest with K. Rool.

Edit: Considering how awesome that moveset is, i'll hold off my SSE chapter till 1 or 2 more pages. Or else it will be severely ignored lol.
Wow, The Headless Horseman was bloody brilliant (no pun intended) and a spooktacular entry for Halloween day (crappy pun intended).
I'm astonished, K.Rool.

Very good moveset. *nod*

I really like how this contest seems to be where the hard core of the moveset makers begin to make movesets blowing away any other thing possible by the sheer amount of detail.
Anyways, if Headless Horseman is the defualt quality of move sets we'll be seeing from MYM 4, then I have to say MYM 4 will be one hell of a contest!
Nice one KingK.Rool, thats a great moveset to end the contest, and having a "dark" character on halloween is the icing on the, errrr (must think of something good)... Pumpkin (man that was ****), I bet you intended to post Headless Horseman today, didn't you?
Woo-hoo, very nice moveset and great way to end MYM3. :psycho:
I'm only up to the dashing attack on the Horseman, but it's epicly awesome so far. Vastly superior to Squeak Squad, and it looks like it can rival Donna, Cervantes, and Dracula himself quite well so far. I love the mechanic with his head - it's so stupidly simple, but it's so incredibly interesting and makes for unique moves. I really like the up and standard specials in particular, and it seems all his attacks are oozing with originality and detail.

But we'll just have to see for once I finish him up. At this rate though, you're making me wish I posted Cortex and Tiny - you might steal away the win from Dracula and Cervantes if the quality keeps up throughout the rest of the moveset.
ARRGGH!!!

I love the headless horseman! Why didn't I think of that? I would have loved doing his moveset!

Anyway great job his playstyle is awesome.
'Twas awesome.
NEVER FORGET!

Seriously, as if the above comments didn't remind you, this is my best moveset, and the last moveset posted in the contest, posted right on Halloween. Anyway, if you haven't read it, do so, and if you have, VOTE HORSEMAN!

ONLY THEN WILL YOU LIVE TO SEE A NEW DAWN...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Yay i got a advertisement.

Thanks Chris. I added more extras to Mia just now. Trophies (just the Greil Mercenaries though), and a stage.
You're welcome. I would have advertised Sagi, but who doesn't know about his moveset?

A little sneak peak at Mist:

Mist is unique among the FE characters in that she is as much of a support character as an offense character. In her right hand, she uses her own personal sword, the magical Florette. In her left hand, she holds a healing staff.

Neutral B- Florete Wave
Mist twirls around 360 degrees quickly and swings down Florete, sending out a small blue wave of energy. This wave travels horizontally from its firing point quite quickly and ignores the stage and even obstacles, going right through them. It vanishes after going 1.5x the length of Final Destination.
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Knockback- Low
Reach- Great (sword), 1.5x the length of Final Destination (projectile)
Priority- Average
Damage- 5% (sword), 3% (wave)
Other Properties-
If you are hit by the sword, you are also hit by the projectile.
The projectile flies at the speed of one of Pit's arrows.
(Weapon (Sword); Slashing (Sword); Projectiles (Wave); Energy (Wave); Specials Direct (Slash), Specials Indirect (Wave))

Side B- Mare
Mist jumps on or dismounts her horse. This functions similarly to the Wario Bike except with these differences:
Lower Speed
Can't be dismounted on the ground.
Horse is heavier.
Horse has better traction.
Horse has better turning.
Horse can't be destroyed.
Horse can jump once by pressing the jump button.
Unlike wario bike, you can't jump off with the jump button. You must first dismount, then perform your jump.
Horse doesn't have a manual ramming attack, instead it has a dash attack.
Once dismounted, the horse will retreat to the background of the stage, until called on again.
Beginning Lag- Average
Ending Lag- Low
Other Properties-
Press Side B again to dismount.

Up B- Rewarp
In FE, this is only used by Senator's, but who's to say that the mercenaries didn't pick up a couple of these awesome staves after the end of the game. :)
Basically this staff lets you warp to any location you desire, just by thinking it. In Smash it works like this:
1. Press Up B.
2. Hold B. A light appears on the main part of the stage. Press left and right to pick your teleport location.
3. Release B to warp to that location instantly.
This sounds pretty broken right?
Think again. This move can only be used 3 times in one life, so use it sparingly.
Beginning Lag- Low (Of course, selection time makes it variable)
Ending Lag- Low
Other Properties-
3 usages per life.
This does indeed warp your horse as well if you are mounted.

Down B- Mend
Mist raises her staff up and starts rotating her arm, moving the staff in the air. While she does this, a "rain" of blue light rains down onto Mist and an area around her. Anyone in this area, including Mist, her allies, and her enemies is healed for 1% damage per second while they are in the healing zone. To maintain this, you must hold B. Once you release B, Mist will stop using this. Use this move wisely, because it has a 20 second recharge (after you end it ofc).
Beginning Lag- Low
Ending Lag- Low
Other Properties-
20 second recharge.

Hope you'll all be looking forward to this moveset, as well as my other planned movesets:
Sam Lionheart- OC
Kelsey (a fencer)- OC
Mist
Haar
Myifee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom