• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

BBM's back? Cool...

“Cliffs of Dover” by Eric Johnson
“Don’t Stop Believin’ ” by Journey
“Eat It” by Weird Al Yankovic*
“More Than A Feeling” by Boston
“Live And Let Die” by Paul Mccartney And Wings
“Owner Of A Lonely Heart” by Yes
:D

“Beat It” by Michael Jackson (but performed by Fall Out Boy)
D:

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
:chuckle:

Every party needs a pooper...

Besides, the Fob version is much better than Michael Jackson. Mainly because I hate Michael Jackson, but kind of like this song.

Of course, I love any song about gang violence, so there you go.

You can just disable that song in My Music. :p

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I did? Sorry... I didn't know there was a Lyon in MYM 2. ;-;
Lol I'm kidding. A remake of a 2.0 isn't going to be much like the original at all.

And I don't care really. Lyon has moveset potential for sure, but as a character, he bores me.
(And to be honest, I withdrew Lyon from the contest due to the lame no more than 5 characters from the same universe rule that contest had.)

I didn't know you played Fire Emblem though. :)

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Lol, Bombastic Bombman is win. It's really fun to read so far XD.

Though if Bagman is the third best original character, who's the first and second????!?!?!? Plus pic doesn't work.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Lol, Bombastic Bombman is win. It's really fun to read so far XD.

Though if Bagman is the third best original character, who's the first and second????!?!?!? Plus pic doesn't work.
Hmm... Erutashi... and let me guess..... Circus Performer?

I don't remember Bagman being particularly popular though.

@K. Rool
I would assume he was refering to 3.0.
Thanks for the mention though lol.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Well, I don't think I'll be making anyone from Sam's OC universe for MYM 5.

Instead I think I'll try a gimmick...

Making an Original Character for an existing franchise (in other words a character that doesn't exist in said series, but you could see it fitting perfectly.)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hmm... Erutashi... and let me guess..... Circus Performer?

I don't remember Bagman being particularly popular though.

@K. Rool
I would assume he was refering to 3.0.
Thanks for the mention though lol.
Was he? Hmm... I suppose your guesses are more or less on the mark, then.

Tanookie: You're welcome!

IvoryFlame: Strange hyperbole, there... why third best?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Finished adding some additional information to my Werehog Sonic moveset.

WereHog Sonic

By the way, the next moveset that I plan on doing is for the Pokemon Trainer, May. Her Pokemon team includes Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
*sigh* I really do not know why I've got moveset burnout. I'm almost finished Breloom, and suddenly I'm like F*CK THIS I'M GOING TO GO RESEARCH ZOONOTIC DISEASES.

Banner requests are taken by PM, right?
Lol.... You are having writer's block.

Just force yourself to work on it, and you'll come up with something. ;)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Oh man, I am on a "roll" right now. It is going to "rock"...
"roll"? "rock"? Hmmm....

And I need to delay my Psycho Mantis moveset a bit. I can't think regular attacks for him so I need to replay his boss fight again. Instead, I replaced his spot with a Lanky Kong moveset.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
IvoryFlame: Strange hyperbole, there... why third best?
Because I wasn't going to lie to myself and call him the best, and Sin Paw Dip was just abit cooler to me, so badabing badaboom, third best.

...It really doesn't hold up under scrutiny...

Oh well. I look forward to your pre-existic OC's Chris! :)

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Finished adding some additional information to my Werehog Sonic moveset.

WereHog Sonic

By the way, the next moveset that I plan on doing is for the Pokemon Trainer, May. Her Pokemon team includes Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.

So I herd u liek mudkipz?

Seriously, though, you should make Blaziken like Captain Falcon. Sounds cool man.

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
CRAP! i have so much time becuase i have a fractured toe, and now i just tripped and broke a toe on the other fooot!

ill be at the emergenc y room

cya guys ina bit

sonicshadowshowdown

Smash Rookie
Sorry Bout that ill fix that now. Its there, its just not very plain and i forgot to put in a picture. IOts under summoning jutsu.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

HARKINIAN, THE KING OF HYRULE
"Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!"

Back in the mid-90s, Nintendo made a contract with Philips to develop a CD expansion for the SNES like the Sega Mega-CD. Since Nintendo saw how bad the Sega Mega-CD add-on went, they decided to scrap the idea for the Super Nintendo. Philips made out of that add-on the console CD-i, and Nintendo granted them the license for a few of their characters from the Mario and Zelda series.

The result of this were a game of the Mario series (Hotel Mario) and 3 games of the Zelda series (Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure). The first two Zelda games were developed by Animation Magic in 1992 respective 1993. The development team consisted of 4 artists, 3 programmers, a composer and less than a year of development time for both games. The cutscenes were done by a Russian animator team, and those are what is most famous about these games. The third game was a little different both in gameplay and cutscenes (which were Live Action), however, only the first two are infamous for their cheesy cutscenes and were used in a lot of different spoofs, mainly YouTube Poops.

King Harkinian is one of the characters Animation Magic created for these games. He plays only a minor role in all games, however, since Link and Zelda are occupied in Smash already, and the King is actually a quite interesting character, anyway. Sans, the usage of him. The moveset is completely based off the cutscenes of the Russian animator team in the first two CD-i games. After consideration, I've decided to have the King execute all of these moves on himself, even though he actually doesn't do them in the cutscenes.

Stats

Screen Name: Harkinian
Size: 6/10
Weight: 6/10
(Running) Speed: 4/10
First Jump: 4/10 - The King hops up
Second Jump: 2/10 - The King tries to jump further but due to his not really athletic form, he doesn't go much further.
Hover: No.
Fall Speed: 6/10
Crouch: No.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Gliding: No.

Standard Attacks

A Infinite: Laughter
The King bursts out in unappropiate laughter, swinging around a big goblet of wine while facing the screen. This move can be done infinitely, and covers both sides of the King, although not with very high range. It does 2-3% damage and little knockback, but is very great for disrupting enemy attacks. Besides, it's perfect for annoying your foes with this.

Dash Attack: Cake
Crying out that "My cakes will burn!", the King stretches out his belly and rams it into any enemy who should stand in the way. This move does medium knockback and 6-8% damage, it's quick, but has low priority and even lower range.

F Tilt: Angered Sweep
The King exclaims "Enough!" and sweeps his arm in front of him. This move is very quick, but does only 8-10% damage, and below average knockback. It has the range of the King's stretched out arm and very high priority for a tilt. All in all a very great move since it can be used quickly to get rid of an enemy.

U Tilt: Stretching
His Majesty stretches his arms up quickly, while rolling his eyes and stating "Gee, it sure is boring around here.", then sinking his arms again into normal state. His arms are going upwards in a V-shape, making this move a little hard to hit. If you do so, though, your opponent will recieve 10-13% damage and good knockback straight upwards. The Stretching is a very great move for starting up a juggle, and, although it has some startup lag, is not very bad at all.

D Tilt: Scroll Drop
His Omnipotence stretches out on arm to the side, a scroll in his hand. He lets the scroll fall down, pointing at it, leading his index finger over the writing and saying, that "It is written: Only Link can defeat Ganon!". He then takes his hand away and the scroll rolls up again, disappearing - this animation is the ending lag of the move. The actual damage giver in this move is the paper when dropping down. An enemy hit by that scroll recieves above average knockback diagonally upwards and 11-14% damage with fire element. The move is rather quick, but hard to hit with, and has an ending lag, which makes it punishable rather easily. Other than that, it's one of the King's mose useful moves, especially since it has the range of a normal Forward move.

Smash Attacks

F Smash: Lightning Bolt
When "charging" the move, the King is clasping his hands in front of his chest. When released, he exclaims "You must DIE!", and spreads out his hands, shooting thunderbolts from them. The attack consists of these bolts twice, the first time stunning the enemy with 15-19% electrical damage, the second one doing only 3-5% damage, however, bursting the enemy away with very high knockback. The range of this move has approximately the range of R.O.B.'s Forward Smash.
Since the move has a little startup lag, it is rather hard to hit with, however, if you do, the results are devastating for the person who gets hit with it. You can even get hit by the second bolt only, if you're unlucky or stupid to get into it.

U Smash: Hungry Raise
While "charging", his Majesty rubs his belly. When released, the King says "Oh boy, I'm so hungry...", and flings his fist diagonally upwards. He then lowers his arms, exclaiming "...I could eat an Octorok!", and returns to his normal stance. The move comes out rather quick, has pretty nice range and throws the enemy diagonally upwards, who recieves 12-15% damage.
Easily one of the King's best moves, considering the hardly mentionable lag in the move and the nice reward for it.

D Smash: Courage Punch
This time, the "charging" animation is nothing in particular. The King then punches diagonally over his belly and downwards, turning around a bit, and exclaiming while doing so that "I will take the Triforce of Courage...". When he's done with the punch and returns to his normal stance, he says "...to protect me." The move has a little bit of lag on both sides, but it's not that huge. This attack has not really high range, but does whopping 13-18% damage with good knockback. Hard to hit with, but, as most of these attacks from the King, highly rewarding. Don't mess with the Triforce of Courage!

Aerial Attacks

N Air: Triforce of Wisdom
His omnipotence points forward, a blue pyramid-shaped crystal appearing in front of him. He says that "The Triforce of Wisdom promises the King to return safely." while sweeping said Triforce from one side to the other. It basically works like Zelda's Neutral Air, though with the hitbox moving. It has higher range, though, higher knockback - to be more exact, above average - to the side and 8-11% damage.
The Triforce of Wisdom is a move that, like most of the other moves of the King, need to be placed correctly, otherwise it's easily punishable. Since it's quick but with a moving hitbox, the Triforce of Wisdom is a double-edged move. Use it wisely.

F Air: Water of Life
Grabbing to the side, the King gets out a vase filled with water. Stating "Here, have some Water of Life!", he pushes the vase forward. If it hits an enemy, it breaks into pieces, doing average knockback and 7-9% damage. The hitbox is the vase and only the vase, and only one obstacle can be hit with it.
Being one of the King's quicker moves, Water of Life is a very useful thing to keep enemies away, however, since it's only able to hit one obstacle or enemy, it is a double edged sword.

B Air: Singing Birds
The King recognizes that "The Birds are singing!", and turns around halfly (belly or back to screen) while sweeping one arm. From his hand there's a bird coming out. Both the arm and the small bird are hitboxes. If you hit with the fingertips, you sweetspot the move. Normally it does 4-6% damage and almost no knockback, if sweetspotted, good knockback and 12-14% damage. While returning his arm, the King asks "Isn't it beautiful?". The bird has hardly any range, flies only a few frames further from the King's hand.
If pulled off correctly, Singing Birds is one of the King's most dangerous moves. Be aware that you have to sweetspot it with the finger tips, the bird and the arm not helping anything.

U Air: The Map
His majesty puts up his arms in the air, and a scroll appears. He says "This is the map..." while spreading the arms and then rolls out a map of Koridai in the air, asking "...where do you wish to go?" The map disappears after a little and the King returns his arms to his body. The hitbox is the actual map, which means it's an attack which grows bigger. It does average knockback and nearly straight upwards, though diagonally to the side the enemy is being pushed into by the map. It also causes 9-12% damage.
Since this move has great priority and is rather quick, it's one of the King's most useful ones, and it's also very great for juggling an enemy. If you barely miss with the first appearance of the map, you still can hit the enemy since the map spreads out and the hitbox stays static in the air, only expanding.

D Air: Feathered Cape
The King pulls out a green piece of cloth and sweeps it below himself, stating that "Let us make a cape from your shroud!". The cloth is bow-shaped and goes along from one side of the King to the other. It's a spike, and does 7-10% damage. Since it has very much lag on both starting (getting the cape out) and ending (getting the cape away), this move can be dangerous for the king himself, as well.

Specials

B: Spying Eye
Saying "I spy with my eye someone who must die...", the King shoots a small green energy beam. It flies straight forward and does poor knockback and 6% damage. It has the speed of Wolf's and range of Falco's blaster shot.

B side: Bomb
Asking "Bombs? You want it?", the King throws a small bomb forward. It explodes after a few seconds into 8 little flamey projectiles going out in a starshape in the speed of Samus' Charge Shot. Any obstacle except for "Going Through"-platforms will absorb the little flames then, otherwise they fly infinitely. If a foe is hit with the projectiles, they recieve flinching knockback and 4% damage. There can only be one bomb and its projectiles on the field.

B up: Magic Carpet
The King goes in a cross-legged sitting position with his arms raised and shouts out "Squadalah! We're off!". Under him a magic carpet appears and carries him into every direction you would want to move to. The King can be knocked off of the carpet. It has a similar system to R.O.B.'s jets, just slower but with wider range. The King also cannot use any attack from the Magic Carpet.

B down: Flute
His majesty takes out a flute and blows into it. This causes a small note to come out of it and fly diagonally downwards. If the note hits and obstacle, it will stay in there and stick in it, causing everyone to pass by to trip. If it hits an enemy, it sticks into them and causes 2% damage each second - similar to poison. The note wears off after 5 seconds. The notes also can be knocked away while flying, which causes them to simply disappear. There can only be 3 notes on the field for each King.

Grabs, Throws

The King reaches out with both of his arms. If he grabs an opponent, he pulls the throwee close and says "My Hero!". If he doesn't reach anyone, he just lets his arms hang afterwards. The grab is quick and has good range, but due to the ending lag, can be dangerous.

Pummel
Holding the throwee close, the King presses them closer everytime you hit the attack button. You can hear a squeaky "kiss" noise and NOT see the King's face. Every ... hit does 3% damage for female characters and 5% for male characters. Zelda and Sheik are recieving no damage at all.

F throw
Saying that "That's the spirit", the King releases a green energy wave and knocks the throwee away with good range and 7-9% damage. This throw is very quick, unlike some of the others.

B throw
The King lifts the throwee to his back, dropping them. He then points at the enemy, saying "Go and kill!", which causes a small stone statue to appear and stabbing its spear into the throwee. This has decent range and does 6-8% damage.

U throw
The King gets out a golden coloured sword with one hand, holding the throwee in his other one, stating "That oughta do it!". He then raises the victim up and shoots a blast out of the sword into them, causing them to fly diagonally upwards with decent range and 8-10% damage.

D throw
His omnipotence drops the enemy and gets out an egg, saying that "This will make a great omelett!". He cracks the egg and the content falls down onto the throwee, knocking them away diagonally upwards with average range. It does 10-12% damage.

Situational Attacks

Ledge Sweep (under 100%)
The King says "Wake up, Sleepy Bones!". A skeleton warrior appears on the platform and swings his sword while the King climbs upward. As soon as the King is on the platform, the skeleton disappears. This move does decent knockback and 3-5% damage.

Ledge Sweep (over 100%)
His omnipotence rolls onto the platform, asking "Do you have any Arpagos Feathers?" and then gets up. He has his legs stretched out while rolling, kicking anyone who has the bad luck to be in their range with mediocre knockback and 3-5% damage.

Get Up Attack (Belly)
Laying on his belly, his majesty says that "I would do anything for an Arpagos Egg..." He whipes with both his legs and arms and then gets up. If someone is hit by his arms or legs, they will recieve low knockback and 3-4% damage.

Get Up Attack (Back)
His majesty reaches up with both arms, sweeping them around, and whining "I will not die...", he then gets up while howling like a dog who has been kicked into his testicles. This does average knockback and 4-7% damage.

Final Smash
Floorscrubbing
When using the Smashball, The King states that "After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, we can talk about mercy! Take him away!". After this sentence, the screen flashes and all opponents are seen with a mop, wiping the floor. If they were in midair during the flash, they hang in the air with a feather duster, and sweep around with this. The victims cannot move while scrubbing the floors (respectively dusting off), making it easy for the King to KO someone. The effect wears off after 10 seconds. If someone was KOed during this, they will respawn normally - meaning the effect is worn off when they die.

Taunts

Up
The King looks upwards, stating that "I wonder whats for dinner!" while having his hand on his belly.

Side
Pointing upwards with his finger, the King explains that "My boy, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!"

Down
Facing the screen and winking, the King asks "How about a kiss?"

Entrance
The Triforce of Wisdom appears in a huge manner, rotating and stopping at one of its sides. There is a ship seen and a plank on which the King comes from. The crystal serves as "portal" of some kind, disappearing after the King entered the arena.

Alternative costumes
Harkinian, the King of Hyrule, clothed in his golden robes, wearing a golden tiara, Default
Gwonam, the sage, dressed in his dark red robes and wearing a turban, Red Team
Impa, the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom, dressed in her dark blue robes and wearing a blue headband, Blue Team
Ganon, the greater evil, wearing a dark brown robe and a green cape, as well with his greenish face, Green Team
Goronu, the necromancer, wearing his dark grey robe and a bone crown
Lupay, the werewolf, wearing a purple cape and red clothes

Note: Only the King-costume has the actual King's voice, every other costume has the voice of the respective character.

Victory Poses

Up
Zelda, laying on a bed, sits up, with the King stating that "I just saved you!" (if there's Ganondorf among the losers, he says "I just saved you from Ganon!"). Zelda then wipes her hand in dismissal, saying that "You did not!"

Side
The King, close to the screen, comes out and waves at the player, saying "I won!" and smiling widely.

Down
A cloth lays on the floor, and the King steps into the screen, picking it up, while exclaiming "Golly!". He then, still with the back to the player, examines it.

Loss
The King infinitely does his A-attack, the Laughter. Being the fair loser he is, he's happy for having such a nice match even if lost, and makes therefore a feast!

Pros
+ Coolness
+ Decent recovery
+ Strong moves
+ Three projectiles
+ Useful throws and good grabbing range

Contras
+ Announces almost all of his attacks
+ Almost all moves are laggy
+ Hard to hit due to odd hitboxes
+ An attack to which a character is immune to
+ Bad jumps
+ Poor range

Additional Stuff

Codec Converation
Snake: Colonel, isn't that the King of Hyrule?
The King: Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!
Snake: What? How did you come into this channel?!
The King: Enough! My ship sails in the morning. I wonder what's for dinner.
Snake: ...Ehh?
The King: The evil forces of Ganon have invaded Gamelon.
Snake: Ah, screw that...

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains a golden tiara and a light brown beard, as well as the Spy Eye as a Neutral Special.

Wii Remote Sound
The King's voice, stating "Mah boi!"

Unlock Message
No more wondering what's for dinner, Harkinian, the King of Hyrule has safely returned!

Song for the Single Player Credits

Verix - Drop the Dodongo

Role in Subspace Emissary
Has to be unlocked as a secret in a stage after beating the story

Logo
The Triforce (Zelda series logo)

Victory Theme
Zelda series victory jingle

Stage
Ipo's Library

Picture of the stage

Ipo's Library appeared in Link: The Faces of Evil.

Another static stage. The walls and most of the shelves are just for cosmetic show there, though everything which is cyan is a "Going through"-platform, while the floor and therefore red line is the main platform of the stage.

Music:
Verix - Drop the Dodongo
Link: The Faces of Evil - Lupay's Cave
Link: The Faces of Evil - Nortinka Hill
Link: The Faces of Evil - Shipwreck Cliff
Link: The Faces of Evil - Serigon Crystal Cave
Link: The Faces of Evil - Firestone Lake
Link: The Faces of Evil - Glutko
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon - Overworld Map
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon - Sakado
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon - Shutoy Lighthouse
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon - Tykogi Tower
Ignorance is Bliss
AoStH Dr. Robotnik - Tomorrow I'll

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
That was EPIC WIN to the 9001 degree multiplied by 42!

I have to agree, I have a feeling that this guy might slightly steal some thunder from Guntz and Lyon, but this is definitley a great move set in its own right.

sonicshadowshowdown

Smash Rookie
I'd like to request a review for my Naruto moveset which is on page 23. If people think its half good, ill try to make another. Probably out of these:

Jaraiya
Neji
ROCK LEE, nearly as manly as captain falcon!
Kankuro, Possibly doing it as a trio, like Pokemon Trainer.

D

Deleted member

@Spadefox: You dare bring the King into my lair?

YOU MUST DIE! *Lightning bolts*

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to request a review for my Naruto moveset which is on page 23. If people think its half good, ill try to make another. Probably out of these:

Jaraiya
Neji
ROCK LEE, nearly as manly as captain falcon!
Kankuro, Possibly doing it as a trio, like Pokemon Trainer.
Go to the Stadium and request it.

There's a link to it in Chris Lionheart's blog I think.

(Btw, great King moveset Spade)

Agi

Smash Lord
Pummel
Holding the throwee close, the King presses them closer everytime you hit the attack button. You can hear a squeaky "kiss" noise and NOT see the King's face. Every ... hit does 3% damage for female characters and 5% for male characters. Zelda and Sheik are recieving no damage at all.

...awkward. Yet funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom