• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
I hate Carameldansen. Most. Annoying. Song. Evar.
i know a song that gets on baron's nerves, baron's nerves, baron's nerves! i know a song that gets on baron's nerves, and it goes. like. THIS! ah sadi wo, caba hia mentay, ah sadi wo, sioda sia hentay, iss no ly, isa sia quenton, ah ssadi ah de CARAMELLDANSEN!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A67ZkAd1wmI
< copy/paste to see cruxis's suprise early

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Based on his review, Yusuke has recieved updated covering a slight bit of reorginazation, Balancing of attack damage, attempting to insure all basic properties are listed for his attacks, and some fine tuning on some his specials. Some of the most notable changes include shortening the charge up time for his spirit gun in exchange for a smaller damage cap, and giving him a completely different alternate down B.

This is the first step in upping the quality of the character, though I plan to take it further. I'll be reorginize Raphael similiarly for the time being, and Venger I may experiment with...

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
LORD OF GAMES moveset
Well, here goes.
MEET L.O.G.
The Lord of Games, aka LOG, is the leader of Showdown Town, as well as the C.E.O. of its video game factory. He claims to have created every video game ever made, even the crappy ones.
UNIVERSE
L.O.G. hails from the world of Banjo-Kazooie.
UNIVERSE SYMBOL
[url]http://z.about.com/f/wiki/e/en/thumb/f/f7/Banjo-Kazooie_-_Puzzle.jpeg/250px-Banjo-Kazooie_-_Puzzle.jpeg[/url][img]
A jiggy(what Banjo is holding in his hand).
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/banjokazooie/images//e/ea/Log.jpg[img]
There's his pic. Yes, that is Pong on his head, and those are robotic mice on his cloak.
[color=blue]HOW TO UNLOCK[/color]
To unlock L.O.G., you must have one character, song, and stage from each universe(if it only has a character, then you only need its character). Then, you must beat classic mode on Hard with both Banjo and Gruntilda with no continues.
Unlocking text: "The Lord of Games has entered the Brawl! Don't beat him up too much, or we may never get a fourth game!"
[color=blue] PLAYSTYLE [/color]
L.O.G. is a midweight character, so his moves aren’t the most powerful; nor are they the most weak. Instead of walking, he floats like Mewtwo from Melee, and he levitates items while they’re in his possession as well. His down B, recovery, and side B all make him great at spacing, so you can keep your distance and charge up the pause move. His air game is decent, and he moves significantly faster while in the air.
[color=blue]UNIQUE MECHANICS [/color]
What makes L.O.G. unique is that he can move his enemies across the field without having to attack them directly. His Final Smash is also a bit out of the ordinary!
[color=blue]STATS [/color]
Height: 4/5
Weight: 3/5
Walking speed: 3/5
Running speed: 2/5
Attack speed: 4/5
Reach: 5/5
Power: 3/5
Priority: 3/5
First jump: 2/5
Second Jump: 3/5
Falling speed: 4/5
Recovery: 5/5
Final Smash: 4/5
Traction: 3/5
Dodge: 3/5
[color=blue]BASIC ANIMATIONS[/color]
Basic pose: pose in picture
Idle pose: L.O.G.’s mice crawl around on his cloak.
Walking: L.O.G. floats.
Running: L.O.G. floats faster.
First jump: L.O.G. hops up into the air, but not very high.
Second jump: A tiny gust of wind picks up under L.O.G.’s cloak, and he goes up about the height of Fox’s first jump.
Shield: Regular Brawl shield.
Forward Roll: L.O.G. goes down on the ground, and rolls.
Back Roll: Same, in opposite direction.
Sidestep: L.O.G. teleports off the screen for a quick second.
Aerial dodge: L.O.G. teleports, as well.
[color=blue]MISCELLANEOUS ANIMATIONS[/color]
Dizzy pose: L.O.G.’s monitor gets all staticky.
Weapon carry pose: The weapon levitates beside him.
Homerun pose: The bat flips in the air, then smashes.
Sleeping pose: L.O.G.’s monitor gets shut off.
Tripping: L.O.G. falls flat on his face(or monitor, to be accurate).
Here's the moveset:
[color=blue]A ATTACKS[/color]:
tap A: one mouse tail slaps the opponent. Does 1% damage.
Hold A: One mouse tail swipes for 1%, another one for 2%, and then he bashes the opponent with his TV monitor head, which does about 8%, with decent knockback.
Dash attack: L.O.G. falls down, sort of like his tripping animation, except his monitor bashes the opponent. Does 13%, with some great knockback.
[color=blue]TILTS[/color]
Ftilt: L.O.G.’s cloak moves up an inch, like a kick. Only hits if you’re right next to him, but does 5%.
Dtilt: Crouches and expands his cloak a tiny bit. May cause tripping, and does 3%.
Utilt: A mouse comes on top of L.O.G.’s head, and strikes with its tail. Does 4%.
Fsmash: an electric shock comes out of his monitor, doing about 22% when fully charged, and very good knockback there.
Usmash: Lifts his monitor head and swipes it in the air. Does about 19%, and has decent knockback.
Dsmash: Lowers a bit to the ground, and twirls his cape. Has much better range than his other moves, which don't have too much to clarify, and does about 15%.
[color=blue]AERIALS[/color]
Nair: Spins around in the air once. Does very little damage(about 4%), and no knockback.
Fair: Gets in a horizontal position, and an electric shock comes out from under his cloak. Very powerful at mid percentages, killing at around 75% to be exact.
Bair: LOG's mice nibble to the back of him 3 times, each doing 7%. Not much knockback there, but a fairly good move nonetheless.
Uair: A small electric shock emits from the top of his monitor, flicking the opppnent up an inch. Does around 4%; little to no knockback.
Dair: another shock comes from out of his cloak, slamming the opponent downward, but with a tiny bit of lag. Does around 12%.
Ledge attack: L.O.G.’s monitor points forward, and an electrical shock is emitted from it. The shock has about as much range as an uncharged Pikachu f-smash, but does only 7%.
Get Up Attack: L.O.G. gets up with a twirl of his cloak. Does 7%, as well. Has pretty good knockback, a deceptive range, and nice priority as well.
[color=blue]GRABS[/color]
L.O.G. levitates the opponent right next to him, and a small joystick controller appears next to him.
Fthrow: The controller pushes forward, and the opponent gets an electric shock and sent flying forward. The shock does 10%.
Dthrow: L.O.G. drops the controller, which cracks on the opponent’s head, dealing 12%, and making the opponent fly upward.
Uthrow: L.O.G. throws the controller upward, it disappearing, and the opponent is thrown diagonally in the air. Deals no damage

[color=blue]SPECIAL MOVES[/color]: [color=yellow]Neutral B[/color]: Paused- tiny green letters come around LOG, that say Paused. Any opponent at least half of Final Destination away from him is frozen in place for a decent amount of time; a couple seconds longer than Jigglypuff's Sing. The move must be accumulatively charged, however. The charging time takes as long as a fully charged Laser from R.O.B. This move has amazing priority, as well.
[color=red]Side B[/color]: A bit of assistance- one of LOG's mice hops off his cloak and onto the stage, moving very quickly. The mouse pushes the opponent a little bit, and does around 9% to boot! Wile in the air, the mouse fires diagonally, a la Ness' PK Fire.
[color=green]Up B[/color]: The power of Next-Gen- A Brawl CD appears under L.O.G., and you can control it freely as it propels him across the stage. You must be holding B while you are flying, or else the disc is released, and flies at a very quick pace horizontally. If it comes in contact with the opponent, it deals 9%. If you’re hit in the air, the disc merely disappears. Also disappears after 7 seconds of being in the air.
[color=brown]Down B[/color]: Warp pad. A large yellow pad appears under L.O.G., and transports him to the edge of the opposite side of the stage he’s on. If he’s not on the stage, the move can only be used if you’re directly under the opponent, and they get warped in your place.
[color=blue]FINAL SMASH[/color]: GENERIC VIDEO GAME QUIZ!
The screen fades to black, and then a background of Jiggies come up. Character glove pointers from the selection screen come up for each other player, and a series of multiple choice trivia questions about the match that’s going on right now come up. They range from as easy as “What stage is the match being played on?” to “Who has the most K.O.’s?” Whoever drags their glove to the right answer and presses A the fastest gets a point. This goes on for about five questions, and the screen then goes back to the game. L.O.G. becomes invincible, and the players who got the least amount of points turn into this: [img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2341/2532767441_0fc52e927c.jpg?v=0[img] The transformation lasts for about as long as Peach’s FS, and the transformed players cannot move or attack; only jump. The player who got the most points on the quiz, however, also gets invincibility. If you’re only playing against one player, the quiz is skipped, and they get transformed.
[color=blue]TAUNTS[/color]
Taunt 1: His monitor plays a very short game of Pong.
Taunt 2: One of L.O.G.’s mice climbs on top of his monitor, and swishes his tail as if he’s waving.
Taunt 3: L.O.G. makes a smiley face on his monitor.
[color=blue]CROWD CHEER[/color]
The crowd chants: L.O.G., Lord Of Games! L.O.G., Lord of Games!…
[color=blue]VICTORY TAUNTS[/color]
Taunt 1: Plays pong on his face.
Taunt 2: L.O.G. summons Piddles, his cat, who tackles him to the ground, licking his monitor.
[img]http://banjokazooie.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Piddles2.jpg[img]
Image of Piddles.
Taunt 3: L.O.G. makes video game bleeping noises and at the top of the screen a text box comes up that says: “I created you to lose against me!”
[color=blue]CHARACTER SPECIFIC TAUNTS[/color]
Victory taunt after beating Banjo: Text like the one above, although this says: “You fought well, but not well enough, 3rd rate game character!”
After beating Grunty: “Who’s the queer one now, you old hag?”
After losing: L.O.G.’s monitor gets shocked.
[color=blue]PROS[/color]
Great spacing moves help for mindgames.
Warping opponent in conjunction with Side B makes for a devastating combo.
Recovery is very useful.
Good air game.
Fun FS!
[color=blue]CONS[/color]
He’s more powerful than a lot of other midweights, but not powerful enough to be a heavyweight.
Gets sent flying fairly easily.
Can’t wall jump, cling or crawl.
[color=blue]EXTRAS[/color]
Costumes:
Default: Like the picture.
Red team: Red Robe.
Blue team: Blue Robe.
Green Team: Green Robe.
The required Shadow costume: Black Robe, monitor all black except for Pong face, which is red. The mice have red eyes now.
Wiimote sound: Makes the bleeping noises from the victory taunts.
Entry Pose: Teleports in through the warp pad.
Kirby Hat: Kirby has a mask that looks like L.O.G.’s monitor on.
Codec Conversation:
Snake: Colonel, who’s that weird computer dude?
Colonel: I can’t believe you don’t know who that is, Snake!
Snake: Tell me, then, who is it?
Colonel: It’s only the Lord Of Games, the mastermind who created all of us here!
Snake: Well, just because he’s my creator doesn’t mean I shouldn’t hold back, right?

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Caramelldansen!? NOOOOOESS! Ok, I'm finishing up but like I said, I hate Monday mornings, so it will be posted after school time where everyone can celebrate. I'm glad you guys are excited. This is too good.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Please understand that all of us Sandbags have our own agenda. There's real life (school, work, etc.) and several of us are also working on Subspace Emissaries. On top of that, we also have movesets to work on.

Reviews aren't exactly the top of everyone's agenda, but they are up there.
My excuse is that I've been limited to a smart phone for the past few days if I want to get online. And technically a Wii. Also I was really busy playing videogames.

But I'm back now, so at the very least Spadefox is getting one today, but maybe probably more today/tomorrow/rest of the week.

10StanleyKubrick
10Kubricks

You learn something new everyday. :bee:

*Pops in randomly* Does anybody think that sharing MyM with MLG is a good idea?
Wha?

...I don't even know how that'd work. :ohwell:

*Is the only one who likes Caramelldasen*

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Ive reformated Raphaels layout and named all of his attacks, refrencing the source material from which they were drawn. Ive submitted him for review in order to help balance him despite his lack of extras.

Venger is... progressing, though Im not excited about anything I've done with him yet.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Did you have to use Lux Aeterna for the music? Every time I hear that I think of Requiem for a Dream and cheesy lampoons of Lord of the Rings. Not really the serious sort of thing I think you were going for here. :ohwell:

Also that funky blur around the edges ended up cutting off the beginning and ending of a lot of the sentences. Also that seemed really long for what it is. Otherwise it was a fun way to spend 4 minutes. :chuckle:

@Spade: That video confuses me to no end.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Did you have to use Lux Aeterna for the music? Every time I hear that I think of Requiem for a Dream and cheesy lampoons of Lord of the Rings. Not really the serious sort of thing I think you were going for here. :ohwell:

Also that funky blur around the edges ended up cutting off the beginning and ending of a lot of the sentences. Also that seemed really long for what it is. Otherwise it was a fun way to spend 4 minutes. :chuckle:

@Spade: That video confuses me to no end.
Meh, I had fun with it and everyone's a critic. Youtube screwed up the quality ALOT. The sentences were supposed to be clear and visible.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Cool video Cruxis.
It'd probably help if I had sound, but it looks good :laugh:.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Cool video Cruxis.
It'd probably help if I had sound, but it looks good :laugh:.
It would, though I admit the music is generic, but the song fits well in cinematic OVs.

@HR: Thanks. I apologize for the poor quality. Youtube is horrible when it comes to uploading. It looked fine in the original mpg and Sony Vegas file.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sheesh. That was awesome... I loved the use of the "Make your Move" phrase in that one sentence, and I also loved the lolchillinz at the end. The lack of Guntz made me cry a little inside because there is a great animeclip from a Japanese commercial with him, but otherwise it was so good... You even included PoR opening. <3

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Sheesh. That was awesome... I loved the use of the "Make your Move" thing, and I also loved the lolchillinz at the end. The lack of Guntz made me cry a little inside because there is a great animeclip from a Japanese commercial with him, but otherwise it was so good... You even included PoR opening. <3
THERE IS? I couldnt find ANYTHING with Guntz on Youtube. Psh. Oh well. Glad you liked. I still feel it didnt live up to the hype, mainly because of the poor quality. I HATE low quality works with a passion

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if .0000001 seconds of screen-time is good footage.:laugh:

@Cruxis: Are you making any other cut scenes for the story, or just this one?
Well, this was more an opening, but as I am making my SSE, I will create animated gifs like I do in my movesets. For instance, I can use that Guntz one as his first appearance or something. That is what I planned to do. Make my SSE come to life rather than just using images and text. I am a story writer, but sometimes words arent enough.

Picture = 1000 words
Animated Gifs = 9001 words.

@Spade: I couldnt find the longer version of Namco X Capcom, but you can see how I used Rock and Roll and KOS-MOS from it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The music made that video for me. Without it that wouldn't of been nearly as good IMO.

And exceptionally good it was. . .Now that you've hyped your SSE so much, you better actually make the bloody thing. :laugh:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
@Tanookie: You got lucky. If you hadn't posted last night, I wouldn't have added him, because I wouldn't have known. Honestly, he was the last to be included, but it was hard to find footage of him. (At first, I wasn't sure which Alucard he was until I read yor moveset. lol. Darn Hellsing...)

@MasterWarlord: YOU SAW IT? But what happened to your decrepit old computer?

And trust me, I plan to include EVERY character included in that vid along with a couple of others.

No promises. jkjk

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
My computer is old and decripit, but I have reasonly gotten access to a laptop that I use for viewing youtube. I can't use it all the time (I don't own it) thus my old descripit one is still my main one. Doesn't mean I don't get my fair use of it though.

I'm really starting to wish I kept the roster quantity decently small like yours. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom