• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"SMASH ATTACK" - April 03.-05. '09, Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So we have over 100 ppl now...is the venue even big enough for that? When you first announced it at GSB it looked like about 60 ppl were coming but we're about to rech twice as much o_0

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
alan - there shud be space in my car if you want in? will talk to everyone whoes interested bout it at global. Be like £8 in at global to secure seat.

Thinking like between the following -

joe
will
me
alan
ant - i cant reme,ber if he was interested?
adam
jam - havent even spoke to him about this lol
robby
what does it mean if im still interested?

A-D: 99,456 euro money match?!

Kone

Smash Master
LOL Z i forgot off th list by mistake ;) ...u,joe,robby have all pretty much given me firm nods that your wanting a seat. So theres 4 of us pretty much sorted already. 3 others seats are still up for grabs. If jam and adam want to come their def in as im close to them. Will aswell., adam probs cant get time off from teaching and jams so so with smash. N last i spoke tow ill he werent to bothered ?!Thats why the list includes more than 7 i.e ant and alan.

Uhm, thats alot of blabber. Im booking the ferry on the 12th and then at global will talk to those interested. If your wanting in then bring 8 quid with u to the tourney for us^_^

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
oh wow, kaj i think i'll should start marking people confirmed.

omg yeah adam! =)

i was at the venue in november and from my own estimation and the picture i said it would fit about 80 people roughly. the venue was closed from the 18. december till yesterday, i'll check the venue again today to confirm this number.

Kone, i suppose you speak the same way you write which would be awesome ^^
What does "N last i spoke tow ill he werent to bothered ?!" mean?

...and what are the forumnames of the people coming with you?

Kone

Smash Master
lol aye speak the way i type pretty much. forum names as above though ADAM = Gladam. Silly silly charlie boyo. Will have the exact wee 7 by the end of jan for you. Ganin to be good stuff this like :)

Think ill go wikitravel bremen ^_^ see what to expect/see

also i maybe driving COMP to this lol

A-D

Smash Journeyman
zeppo what kind of amount of money is that for a MM -_- ?
name a normal price and im willing to demolish your character ;)

btw :O are all these ppl entering melee and brawl ? mostly brawl i guess?

Luma

Smash Lord
mostly melee actually adam

melee:

# Ice
# Pamaro
# Drrrwish
# reaper
# de_gLory^
# NRG

# Timo
# drug_duck
# Suma
# Fiyuri
# MUGG
# Vegeta
# Till
# FleX
# Tero
# Zero-G
# fa5t
# ZeroFrames
# ZetTroxX
# Hawk
# karu_no_saru
# Yume
# headnut
# Luma
# milkman
# perfect_shadow
# Makkura
# Kape
# Witchking_of_Angmar
# Dr. Dead
# Dancing Queen90
# Flava Sava
# PST
# Jon_***
# Däumling
# 90er
# DVD_gucken
# du_willst_mich
# Ravenlord
# Wuschel
# pheX
# The Dude
# AcesShadow
# kJaB

Austria
# Broken Bone
# Norm
# me133(7)
# Phantasma

Switzerland
# AE.
# P!z@

not 100% sure about all of them, maybe less, maybe more

A-D

Smash Journeyman
disagreement about controller ports oder (team-)colors will be settled
through a game of rock-paper-scissors or by flipping a coin.
Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she
may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team.
Hmmm about that ... Flipping a coin is just random luck ,
Rock Paper Scissors Bo3 is mindgame
so i'd say RPS ;)

A-D

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm That sounds more like it ....
it's oke because it's almost as much as my power level ;)

random-ness

Smash Cadet
Yo! :D
I'm gonna bring some friends 2 this.
I'm sure that one of thems gonna go with me and his nick is "Roos" and if you have like a maybe list you can sign up "Q" and "PO" there, they are most likely gonna show up aswell ^^

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming to this~

I wanna MM as many people as possible at brawl, vs my kirby

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You should start confirming now. The venua has place for ~80 ppl (90 max) and we have ~120 interested people. You better confirm if you can!

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Yo! :D
I'm gonna bring some friends 2 this.
I'm sure that one of thems gonna go with me and his nick is "Roos" and if you have like a maybe list you can sign up "Q" and "PO" there, they are most likely gonna show up aswell ^^
You guys are all swedish, arent you? You mentioned something about sweden so i assumed you come from there but please confirm

I'm coming to this~

I wanna MM as many people as possible at brawl, vs my kirby
same for you, where are you from?

You should start confirming now. The venua has place for ~80 ppl (90 max) and we have ~120 interested people. You better confirm if you can!
The attendantslimit will be set to 90 but it would even fit 100 if you dont mind the venue to be very crowded.

England: me, kone, Cpt.Zeppo, Vanity Angel, Jam5, Coey and AmcD are all confirmed
=D ill confirm you then.

random-ness

Smash Cadet
Oh yes, I almost forgot, the cheapest way to get to Germany from Sweden would be Ryanair, thing is, on the third, when the tournament is supposed 2 start, there are no flights, or they are all full booked, so my question is, if its possible to get housing for me and my friends, we would arrive 20:05 on the 2nd April in that case, so it's only one night.
We would all be very grateful since it's kinda expensive 2 get a hotel room.
Thanks in advance ^^

Ps: as I mentioned in an earlier post, we are between 2-4 persons, depending on if everyones got the money and so, but we're at least gonna be 2 persons.
ds.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
yes, housing is possbile.
But if money is your major concern here you should take into account that i'm not resident in bremen and getting from the mainstation to my place would cost you guys 7€ one way (its 7,10€ for a single ticket and 28€ for a 5-person-max group ticket). I've looked into hostels and i found a centraly located (5min away from the central station) and rather cheap one. They take 17€ per person per night for 6/7 bed dorms, sheets are inclusive but lingerie would be 3€ extra. (Prices can be viewed here)
there are german smashers who would like to do that and need other people since a "lesser beds" dorm would cost more.

I'll soon open a thread in the international section (english speaking) on the german boards and post link here so people can get in touch concerning this matter.

but yeah, housing is possible.

i have been to the venue and there are some updates i'd like to share:

- The cafeteria will be made into a room for sleeping and chilling without setups

- there is a seperate lockable room for your valuables

- there will internet in form of a lan-cable sticking under the door of the locked computer room, no wlan though

- there is a basketball court (but unfortunately no showers =/ ). its is only accessable through the main hall and surrounded by a fence, so only to used by SMACK-attendants for that period.

- there will be a table-soccer-thingee

- there will be a vending machine in the entrace area. water, cola, fanta, sprite = 1,50€/0,5l iirc

- there is a huge parking lot right in front of the venue. parking is for free and there will be held a market on saturday starting at 5 in the morning.

- a supermarket, drug store, pharmacy, fancy and small restaurants, postoffice, banks, the "Bürger Park", a church and even a candyshop can be reached in 5min walking distance.

- there are no restrictions coming from the owners regarding being noisy at night times (as long as we dont hear loud music while doors open)

negative stuff so far:
- There wont be any showers

- the pooltable, the flipper, the mounted TV in cafetria, the dishes and the couches you might saw on the pictures will all be removed and locked away D= I'm very sad about that, sorry guys.

I still have to take care of some things - big stuff such as legal liability and stuff for underage, AiB;
organisation-stuff such as tv's and housing;
minor stuff like a sound system + mic, beamer, couches and some surprises i hope =D - but i'll inform you as soon as i got news.

Kone, or anyone of the UK people coming by car, when will you arrive approx.?

Everyone, if you are able to bring a tv please do so! We are in need

Kone

Smash Master
Would u like me to bring a tv lol?

Im not entirely sure when ill be arriving atm to be honest. When does the tournament ACTUALLY start? as in, tournament matches? if its not till saturday then ill take my time on the drive and stop off on the way and probs arrive late friday night at the venue. Or something. Basically, friday :D How come?

Im looking forward to this.

Dont worry bout couches and the like, it still looks a really good venue and you've done well. I enjoy the close proximity to restaurants etc are there near bars? its likely the english lads will be out fri n sat for food and bevvies.

England v Germany at basteball? ;)

ed

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
@Kone:

If you could bring tv that would be cool but no, I'm asking because of housing issues and out of couriousity.

I'm not certain about the starting of the tournament and events but my plan looks like this:
The venue will be open for people from about 13 o'clock on, the official start of the tourney would be about 15 but since most people will arrive later i wont be starting the first event (brawl teams) before 17 o'clock.

My direct neighbors have a furniture shop, so tomorow i'll be off trying to talk them into letting me rent a van and them sponsoring me with a couch or two. Chances are good this could actually work since our families have a good relationship.
... "SMACK" - sponsored by Möbel Pagels lol^^

Yes, there are a lot of bars and clubs in bremen. The venue is "behind" the mainstation (10min by foot) and all the important stuff is located right "in front" of the mainstation. I'll show you then ;)

Haha, yeah lets do some regional basketball crews. but we have to have table soccer regional teams as well then.

I'll add you guys to the list gaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom