• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carter and Mikey Present: Nana and the Footstool of DOOM, Feb 21, Misissauga, ON

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
k so seriously how far is it from brawl-melee tourney?

cause long story but i basically have to go there to get my controller from someone.google says 7 minute drive which doesn't seem so bad but considering a two minute drive is like a 7 minute walk then it'll take long there and back no?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
PK-ow!, Theres a GO station 5-10 minute walk away from the venue, so if you do miss your stop you can just walk. You dont have to take the bus (although you can). With a GO station very near by and a Meadowvale Town Centre so close, it will be very easy to make it to the venue. But if any one has any questions about directions, keep them coming.

There was a question about food, theres a town center across the street with pizza pizza, subway, mr sub, mc donalds, KFC, chinese food... lots of selection.

And Keep the low tier volunteering coming!
From what I understand, GO has a stop at The Meadowvale Town Center which is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from the venue.
KKTHXBAI

:chuckle:

Arright, we need setups, d00ds! 2-stock tourneys are not kewl.

KingAce, money match, hmm... hey weren't you that guy who was almost beat by that kid with the R.O.B.? lolololol (are we in the ****-talk phase yet?)
jk, no disrespect, man.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey, wait a minute,

what's the address of the Meadowvale GO Station? I tried looking it up on the StarFurry thread, but 120 Falconer Drive has Google Maps give a nonsense result (over an hour away).

I need to know exactly how to get there. I have zero coping skills. I cope by using my planning skills.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hey, wait a minute,

what's the address of the Meadowvale GO Station? I tried looking it up on the StarFurry thread, but 120 Falconer Drive has Google Maps give a nonsense result (over an hour away).

I need to know exactly how to get there. I have zero coping skills. I cope by using my planning skills.
Just go to Union and take the GO bus to Milton.

Get off before Milton, of course. It'll take you to the Town Center, which is right after the GO Station.

Then GRMO said to take the 44 Bus from there to Starfurry, but I don't know how far about the Brawl/Melee venues are, so I can't exactly say...

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lmao I just noticed this:

"Please shower before you come here...or bring spray for yourself or something...don't smell lol"

lulz.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Krisp: Gichan is coming to this tourney he is the one who is lending you the controller.

Zedf: I correct address (I think) of the venue is on the front page. Should be close to the venue.

EDIT: Best rule ever : )

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Krisp: Gichan is coming to this tourney he is the one who is lending you the controller.

Zedf: I correct address (I think) of the venue is on the front page. Should be close to the venue.
That's not my question.

I'm also confused by MarikYoshi. What will take me to the Town Center? You said "get off before Milton." What am I using to get to the Town Center? :confused:

kuenzel

Smash Ace
That's not my question.

I'm also confused by MarikYoshi. What will take me to the Town Center? You said "get off before Milton." What am I using to get to the Town Center? :confused:
The union station has a GO route that goes to Milton. However, it has intermediate stops along the way. One of them is the Meadowvale Town Center. Get off there or else you will continue to Milton.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Mikey7, do you perhaps have a phone number?

Just so I have general information, because I'm moving tommorow.

.Marik

is a social misfit
You need to confirm the destination, for sure.

Putting maps up will help a lot as well.

*Edit* Meadowvale Community Center is the place?

*Edit again* For sure? =O

Sanu

Smash Champion
YO Ally/Holy/Quebec, I need to know if you're housing with me ASAP. I'd like to have a list of who to give my housing details out to.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Sorry to hear that Krisp.

Ok so the situation is as of right now, 2 stock, 5 minute pools. Why? There is a low number of setups. Average 3-stock brawl matches take 15-20 minutes. 2 stock matches take max 15 minutes. Also, they were used before at OIN2 and LBT where they were generally liked.

Brackets for both singles and teams will be 3 stocks.

Still room for about 15 people : )

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yeah, banned. Forgot to add it, sorry.

2 stock pools were fine at OIN2 and LBT : P If only Brawl pools didn't take so long lol.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yeah, banned. Forgot to add it, sorry.
The Hell?

I'm not signing up if it's going to be that scrubby.

URG! Not to make you feel bad about this, since sure a lot of people wanted some SSBB event this weekend. It's not bad to have it.
But jeez. Where's my second competition?

You better take that "nearly SBR approved" bit out of the OP, too. It wasn't all that appropriate even before.

And that means I'd be taking away precious warmup time from the people who are participating if I wanted to play friendlies. So I guess I can't come at all.

:urg:

Bring Take setups, guys... somehow.

mikey7, you may want to put "DEDEDE INFINITES ARE BANNED" in all caps *and huge font* somewhere on this new page. I'd do it, but. . . that would imply I was flipping out about it, which I'm not. I'm just uber depressed. Again.

nickcam

Smash Ace
mikey7, you may want to put "DEDEDE INFINITES ARE BANNED" in all caps and huge font somewhere on this new page. I'd do it, but. . . that would imply I was flipping out about it, which I'm not. I'm just uber depressed. Again.
Dont know if your being sarcastic.... DDD infinites are banned at all tournaments. Kinda dumb if u can rack up infinite damage on a person by pressing one button. Ive never seen someone try and argue for a completely broken infinite on some characters lol

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Did me typing that cause a vain to explode? lol

On a serious note, Inui (sorry to name drop) bans it at his tournies and they're all huge. NY bans it in addition to NJ. Both of those states house some of the best players in brawl.

I couldn't care if the infinite was allowed or not, all those characters get ***** with or without infinite CGs by the regular CG. Would assume to me that most people would want a character like samus to be playable.

If this is really an issue I'll put it under a Gentlemen's Rule. I'm very flexible on rules and stuff lol.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
>.< it doesnt look too good for Montreal. We're trying to find a ride since after the GRMO's brawl cancelling, one of our driver gave up x.x. If not, I think I'll bus it or just not come, we'll know soon.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Would be a shame if Montreal couldn't come : (

EDIT: Yeah Kuenzal those were 2 stock pools lol : P OIN2 was percon's tourney.

Percon

Smash Lord
I couldn't care if the infinite was allowed or not, all those characters get ***** with or without infinite CGs by the regular CG.
Not Luigi :)

I banned it at my tourney because I thought it was pretty lame. Though it's hard to draw the line: Are we supposed to protect Fox from Pikachu? Yoshi from Wario?

Top Bottom