• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carter and Mikey Present: Nana and the Footstool of DOOM, Feb 21, Misissauga, ON

Sanu

Smash Champion
>.< it doesnt look too good for Montreal. We're trying to find a ride since after the GRMO's brawl cancelling, one of our driver gave up x.x. If not, I think I'll bus it or just not come, we'll know soon.
That's too bad. I'll include you in the PM I send out for housing stuff just in case though.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Mikey, I'll get back to you tommorow regarding my situation I PM'd you about.

Tell whoever knows the phone number of the Meadowvale Recreation Center to PM me it.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Really? Neither the DDD CG topic nor the unofficial chaingrab list says anything about that. I guess it's a recent discovery?
I heard it from someone on the BR Podcast a couple days ago... they were pretty shocked too.

EDIT: Yeah Kuenzal those were 2 stock pools lol : P OIN2 was percon's tourney.
They WERE?!? I seriously don't remember now. Gawd...

EDIT: and a heads up on the spelling mistake in my name Mikey, you did that on the OP too, at the bottom.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Dont know if your being sarcastic.... DDD infinites are banned at all tournaments. Kinda dumb if u can rack up infinite damage on a person by pressing one button. Ive never seen someone try and argue for a completely broken infinite on some characters lol
Never seen it? You should read around Brawl Tactical more often, although those debates settled down a while ago (AGAINST banning the tactic).

Did me typing that cause a vain to explode? lol

On a serious note, Inui (sorry to name drop) bans it at his tournies and they're all huge. NY bans it in addition to NJ. Both of those states house some of the best players in brawl.
I don't care which people decide to artificially manipulate the game rules for no good reason. I stuck out those arguments in Tactical and by the end I thought the conclusion was that nothing needs to be banned here. Heck, the infinite doesn't even technically exist against Samus or Mario if they play right. It's just Luigi and DK. IIRC.

I couldn't care if the infinite was allowed or not, all those characters get ***** with or without infinite CGs by the regular CG. Would assume to me that most people would want a character like samus to be playable.
Don't want to get too much into the meta-argument here, but what people want is not how you make a competition. A fighting game competition is one where you play the game with as little changes as possible.

If this is really an issue I'll put it under a Gentlemen's Rule. I'm very flexible on rules and stuff lol.
That doesn't solve the problem. I don't play Dedede. I don't like this rule because (a) it makes my participation here mean less, and also (b) it distorts the metagame from the one I should be preparing for. Everyone should be looking at it this way, in fact.

If this scrubbery is sweeping North America despite all the reasoned debate that has gone on elsewhere, that's just sad for North America. It makes you wonder why people think and talk about anything if the rest of the world goes on without it. It's like it never happened.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
why...........why is Norfair banned :(

jeez my counter stages are being banned left right and centre

Also i'm probably not coming to this, I tried but I can't get a ride.........and brown people will be at my house on friday

WIGI

Smash Champion
so
this is the melee schedual.

-10:00: Setup/Friendlies. Don't come at 10:00 expecting to play immediately.
-11:30: Teams signups begin.
-12:00: Signups end, Teams brackets begin.
-01:30: Singles signups begins.
-02:00: Singles pools begins. Teams should be finished by now.
-04:20: Singles pools SHOULD be done by now. We will start creating the brackets after this.
-04:30: Singles brackets begins.
-06:30: Crew battle signups begin. Crews are 20 stock each.
-07:00: Singles brackets should be finished, so Crew battles will begin, using a bracket system.
-08:30: Low Tier signups begins.
-09:00: Low Tier brackets begins. goes until whenever, and friendlies on any unneeded TVs are encouraged.
-11:45: We need to start cleaning up at this point, since we need to be out by midnight.

comparing this to the brawl ones, thers no way i can play both melee and brawl singles. unfortunatly.

unless the schedual lines up with grmos, but in reverse, so singles first, doubles after. i unno, i really want to play in both sumhow, but even if i get kicked otu of brackets early, it will be to late to sign up for any brawl event =[ anyone know how to make this work?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
About the infinites - I don't care because I play for fun, I'm a scrub according to Sirlin logic. I just want everyone to have a good time. If people think this "scrub rule" needs to be removed, I'll gladly do it. I don't care. Hope that clarifies my position.

ALLY - Niko is the man to talk to about that.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
so
this is the melee schedual.

-10:00: Setup/Friendlies. Don't come at 10:00 expecting to play immediately.
-11:30: Teams signups begin.
-12:00: Signups end, Teams brackets begin.
-01:30: Singles signups begins.
-02:00: Singles pools begins. Teams should be finished by now.
-04:20: Singles pools SHOULD be done by now. We will start creating the brackets after this.
-04:30: Singles brackets begins.
-06:30: Crew battle signups begin. Crews are 20 stock each.
-07:00: Singles brackets should be finished, so Crew battles will begin, using a bracket system.
-08:30: Low Tier signups begins.
-09:00: Low Tier brackets begins. goes until whenever, and friendlies on any unneeded TVs are encouraged.
-11:45: We need to start cleaning up at this point, since we need to be out by midnight.

comparing this to the brawl ones, thers no way i can play both melee and brawl singles. unfortunatly.

unless the schedual lines up with grmos, but in reverse, so singles first, doubles after. i unno, i really want to play in both sumhow, but even if i get kicked otu of brackets early, it will be to late to sign up for any brawl event =[ anyone know how to make this work?
Same, I would love to sign up for Melee but since Brawl in at the same time it'll be a choice between Brawl and Melee, I'm deciding to play friendlies at Starfurry 9003 at 9am and at 12:30 I plan to go to the Brawl tourney.

I want DUD's SHIRT XD

WIGI

Smash Champion
well im doing melee singles no matetr what cuz i promised andy id rep for him and get out of pools.

but i think i could place top 5 in brawl singless, top 3 in doubles. i hope theres a way to do one brawl event

kuenzel

Smash Ace
About the infinites - I don't care because I play for fun, I'm a scrub according to Sirlin logic. I just want everyone to have a good time. If people think this "scrub rule" needs to be removed, I'll gladly do it. I don't care. Hope that clarifies my position.
I think its a WC vs EC thing. BUM, for one, always bans it- for obvious reasons.

He also won't go to a tournament if its not banned, so most of the national tourneys end up banning it after he chats with them.

WIGI

Smash Champion
infinates should be banned.

pressing a button over and over to do an infinate is just stupid, and requires no skill.

ban it. lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
Same, I would love to sign up for Melee but since Brawl in at the same time it'll be a choice between Brawl and Melee, I'm deciding to play friendlies at Starfurry 9003 at 9am and at 12:30 I plan to go to the Brawl tourney.

I want DUD's SHIRT XD
Dud will be at this event, not at Starfurry. She is only bringing a few shirts, specifically the Falcon shirts. if you want one of the others please state which one you'd like.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
infinates should be banned.

pressing a button over and over to do an infinate is just stupid, and requires no skill.

ban it. lol
Counterpicking D3 against someone who uses DK, by contrast, takes the slightest bit of knowledge.

Banning the tactic amounts to saying that there's no difference between players who know Dedede can infinite DK, and Donkey Kong players who don't know that.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I am, just. not sure how I'll get to the venue from the Greyhound station...

BUS STOP SOUTH SERVICE RD
Mississauga, ON L4Y1A6

655 Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5N 3L4

google maps those location ( 1st one being the Greyhound Missisauga station, and 2nd the venue) you guys check. I really have no clue how to get there from there

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay Mike, Michelle and I were thinking about names, we came up with two

1) Look Grmo, a Brawl tourney!
2) OMG, a Brawl tourney!

Then abbreviations could be OMG! or Grmo's brawl tourney (GBT). LOLL, sorry I just think we should have a funny title somehow for this tourney since it did just get pulled out of an ***! Sauga pwns.

Sanu

Smash Champion
If any of you disrespect Grmo one more time, I will never again help the Brawl community in any shape or form; be it organizing tournaments or informing people of events happening in their respective area. I'm tired of the immature BS I've been seeing from some of you. Get the **** over it and grow up.

I'm sorry if this post seems like it's coming from left field, but any jab at Grmo is a jab at me... even if it is a ridiculous joke.

This post doesn't just apply to Gichan.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lulz. K leave it at that. I hope both both brawl community and melee community single out da ppl instead of the community.

k stfu everyone.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, how many times did the brawl community get *****. Whatever, I apologize? Don't get me wrong, I like Grmo, and I know he is a good tourney host, but it is still pretty funny that this tourney derived of his cancelling of brawl. And way to assume I am immautre just cause I did one stupid joke like that, and yes it is stupid, but seriously I do not do this often.

Man, next time a melee person says anything about brawl or our community prepare for an *** ****. And no Sanuzi, this sentence is not about you, just any melee player in general.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Wow, how many times did the brawl community get *****. Whatever, I apologize?
At least he tried to host a tourney for you guys. No one other than Niko even attempts to host anything ~_~.

Man, next time a melee person says anything about brawl or our community prepare for an *** ****. And no Sanuzi, this sentence is not about you, just any melee player in general.
Oh, ok.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
****, so close... what are the odds I'll b able to make it in time... work Saturday morn... perhaps if I get out right away.

I'm gonna give it a shot!

If I don't make it, assume its either Work Johns or Homework Johns... so basically... No Life College Student Johns.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
the only way I could come is if I could have a lift from the greyhound station which isnt too far from the venue but other than that, I don't feel like getting lost XD so I dont think any Montrealer are coming to this anymore. No rides

tha_carter

Smash Ace
PK-ow, can you pm the OP to talk about your issues, and not spam the thread or fill it with negativity? thanks.

Sanuzi, relax. Its all in good spirit.

Ally, How may montrealers are thinking of coming via grey hound, and what time do they think they will arrive? Can anyone do Ally a favor and pick him up that live close to cawthra and QEW? If nobody else does, i will.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i MIGHT be able to pick them up from greyhound. are you guys coming in tonight or tomorow?

and how many.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ally... you don't need to worry about getting lost, lol. You're right by the venue and a bus station that takes you directly to my place (route 38 north). I'll give you my cell number if it helps, there's nothing more I can do for you now :p

Good luck!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
**PLEASE READ** (MIKEY Add some of this to the original post)

THE VENUE IS NOW 100% CONFIRMED! THE TIMES THAT IT IS AVAILABLE IS FROM 11AM TO 11PM. THE ONE CONDITION THAT I WAS GIVEN IS THAT NO ALCOHOL CAN BE THERE, THIS INCLUDES COMING IN DRUNK (LOL). IF ANY OF THE STAFF SEES THIS THEY WILL SHUT THE PLACE DOWN ASAP, AND I WILL NOT GET MY MONEY BACK.

:) But we're good to go.

Also, Mikey ill be bring 4 tvs and one wii +brawl, 2 extension cords and 2 power bars.
If you people want it to run smoothly, BRING SETUPS!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Lame name is lame.

I still vote: No Confetti as a homage to Steve's (SuperCansir) tournament.

Top Bottom