• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Yoshi Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just cuz its harder to win there doesnt mean the competiton is better.

Socal has by far the best competiton in the US.
I still think EC> WC, but as far as non national/multiregional tournies go, socal is gonna be the hardest to place in.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Start hosting tournaments in Maine.

Better yet, in my apartment, so I won't miss them. I don't care who or when. Just show up and bring some controllers. And maybe some drinks.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Btw, texas sucks /bwett bait.
Sure, texas has harder competition than others, but if a Yoshi scores 9th or higher at a tournament where competition is lacking, we shouldn't exclude him from the praise he/she deserves.

Why does Texas always bash every other region? Last time I dealt with *CERTAIN HIGH RANKED TEXAS PLAYER* I got nothing but junk about how much better Santi is because Chip is from WA and thus has never played against anyone good. (not judging Santi, but seriously, that's a horrible way to dismiss Chip)

Luckily, that talk has ceased since Chip drove to California for BIO2 and placed 9th of 150. But I half expect Texas to start talking about how much better than SoCal they are next >_<

Texas, you're cool and all, but seriously, stop assuming your region is 10x harder than everyone else's.

I just don't see how Green Ace's region is significantly less tough than Texas :/

(EDIT: not trying to start a fight, if a mod wants me to remove this please just tell me, I've tried really hard to never get an infraction xD)

Metatitan

Smash Master
Why does Texas always bash every other region? Last time I dealt with *CERTAIN HIGH RANKED TEXAS PLAYER* I got nothing but junk about how much better Santi is because Chip is from WA and thus has never played against anyone good. (not judging Santi, but seriously, that's a horrible way to dismiss Chip)

Luckily, that talk has ceased since Chip drove to California for BIO2 and placed 9th of 150. But I half expect Texas to start talking about how much better than SoCal they are next >_<

Texas, you're cool and all, but seriously, stop assuming your region is 10x harder than everyone else's.

(not trying to start a fight, if a mod wants me to remove this please just tell me, I've tried really hard to never get an infraction xD)
shiri gives me an infraction like every day ;o
and i dont think bwett was saying that your regions were ez, just that his was hard

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Start hosting tournaments in Maine.

Better yet, in my apartment, so I won't miss them. I don't care who or when. Just show up and bring some controllers. And maybe some drinks.
wtf Jile we've been running tournaments in Maine for awhile now

Yoshi boards, if you're having an issue with points...

R = ((P^-1)xE/5)+(W/E), where R is ranking points, P is placement as a fraction, E is entry fee, and W is winnings. (W/E) is always greater than or equal to 0, E/5 will always be at least 1, and if there are ever winnings but no entry fee, entry fee will be treated as $5. So, for example:

R = ((3/100^-1)x(10/5))+(75/5)
R = (100/3 x 2) + 15
R = (33.333 x 2) + 15
R = 66.667 + 15

So, the person who placed 3rd in that tourney would earn 81.667 points.
That's the equation the ZSS boards use, and we've had no complaints about it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
That is an interesting formula, but that would mean that free tournies don't count. We occasionally have those here and we're not all noobs.

This thread is really dumb btw.
:p

Btw, texas sucks /bwett bait.

Socal has like the toughest competition, its really hard to place here :(
Socal? try coming to central florida...ha, I just never enter singles. doubles is where the funs at

D

Deleted member

Umm one of floridas best players came here and didnt make it out of pools, just saying.

:p

Bwett

Smash Ace
Whoa, Praxis. I don't know where the hell you came from, but settle down, dude. Keep in mind that I said Texas has harder competition than others, not all. I assure you that Texas's competition is much harder than many other states. Note that I did not specifically name anyone or make a blanket generalization.

Also, I was referring to Airborne saying that if he got first, he would jump to first on the PR and he thought it would be unfair. My statement was mostly to answer that. I don't judge what competition Green Ace has, and unless I'm traveling to his tournaments, I really have no interest.

Personally, I really have no investment in which coast or side is harder. The only reason I said that was just to say that it doesn't matter how hard or easy the competition is, a Yoshi that places 9th or higher deserves praise.

D

Deleted member

Enough region talk, all regions ****, yoshi *****, everyone who doesnt get last with yoshi *****.

I dont think anyone should take the PR super seriously, its not for that. Its for judging in an easy to understand manner which yoshis are placing, and who is placing the highest/often.
Its not a skill ranking.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Whoa, Praxis. I don't know where the hell you came from,
I am all places, yet no places. I am the lurker that lurks in the night. I AM LURKMAN!
Cower in fear evildoers, for Lurkman sees all!

but settle down, dude. Keep in mind that I said Texas has harder competition than others, not all. I assure you that Texas's competition is much harder than many other states. Note that I did not specifically name anyone or make a blanket generalization.
I got the impression you were singling out Green Ace, because his 9th place placing was the example being questioned and you used the example of "9th place in region of lower competition".

If you weren't, SORRY! <3
Enough region talk, all regions ****, yoshi *****, everyone who doesnt get last with yoshi *****.
I've finally been convinced lately that Yoshi should be higher than Sonic and maybe PT on a tier list. He's got a certain amount of metagame potential. He won't be high or even mid tier but he's not utter trash as a lot of people assume.

(though, seriously, if I get one more scrub Yoshi main I've never heard of telling me how Yoshi is really secretly good in blog comments I'm going to shoot someone)

Maybe even arguably above Samus? I've played with one of the best Samus mains and he's amazing, but his character's complete inability to kill even WITH setups is really sad. :(

I'm impressed that Yoshi's have been starting to place lately.

bigman40

Smash Master
And it'll only improve. I'M GONNA GET INTO THIS **** SON! xD I'll probably be the only one pushing wit hone of Yoshi's hardest techs out there, the Dragonic Reverse (this name is getting annoying now...), so it'll be one hell of a moment to see what toughts I get when I get to fight some good people.

Edit: Btw praxis, Lame pun was lame. I still <3 you though xD

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Scatz, do what I do and call it Dragon Dance. Much catchier and hearkens back to the days of Gyarados.

At any rate, I guess the discussion regarding points has stricken me like this: as Bwett and Sockz (AGREEMENT NOOOO) have said, it's basically to showcase those who put in effort, no matter where or when, and recognize their work. Also, as I posted earlier, a placement is a placement. Unless you cheated to get there, no matter how many people went or who went from your state/region/jail cell, your placement is legit and you shouldn't worry about how you climb the rankings because of it.

I want to do a Sonic/Yoshi team at an OoS tournament somewhere with K.I.D. and see how well we place. That team is a lot better than I initially gave it credit for. Yoshi in teams is pretty okay in this game. Good for easy PR spots, LOL.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Sonic/Yoshi team sucks BAD. I've teamed with Blue on several occasions.. Neither character has any reliable kill moves.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
wtf Jile we've been running tournaments in Maine for awhile now
I KNOW AND IT'S ALWAYS IN SOME PLACE I'VE NEVER HEARD OF, OR WHILE I'M AWAY

Last time I heard about a big tournament, I was super-pumped to go for it, and it turns out I left for England the same day.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Edit: Btw praxis, Lame pun was lame. I still <3 you though xD
:urg: :(

T_T

THE YOSHI'S ARE ALL MEANIES!
I'm going to run back to the Peach boards and tell them how mean and unfashionable you all are (Pink is the new Green, you know) and we won't talk to you anymore!
[/Peach boards drama]

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
That is an interesting formula, but that would mean that free tournies don't count. We occasionally have those here and we're not all noobs.
E/5 will always be at least 1
I put that there in the event of a tournament with an entry fee less than $5. I got your back :D

I KNOW AND IT'S ALWAYS IN SOME PLACE I'VE NEVER HEARD OF, OR WHILE I'M AWAY

Last time I heard about a big tournament, I was super-pumped to go for it, and it turns out I left for England the same day.
Please tell me Portland isn't the "Place you've never heard of" >_>

wait wtf ENGLAND?!

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Please tell me Portland isn't the "Place you've never heard of" >_>

wait wtf ENGLAND?!
Lol, where do you guys meet in Portland?

The one at Luther Bonney (which I actually know how to get to) was the one where I had to leave the same day.

Hell, I'm at Luther Bonney Monday-Thursday every week. D:

And YEAH, ENGLAND!

IT WAS RAD

SOVAman

Smash Hero
:yoshi:How do PRiDE/Lil' B feel about the point system?
Late response but w/e.....

Well when I made the original system I made so it would be as fare as possible for everyone and no one would complain.

I think Md/Va and NJ are the two best reigions and then MAYBE Texas but I don't think we should give bonus points for if your in a better reigion or not. It is hard for me to place in single I usaully end up around 9th/13th place which isn't going to help me much. So i just place in doubles cuz doubles is the only place I ever win any money. So I usually don't even enter singles. But, back to the PRing topic, I think it is fine how it is until someone thinks of a really good/better idea. If someone does post up and if me and pride like it then we can change it.

Edit: can teams count for PRing I think they should because if its more than like 12 entries then it should count also because I got third and I need some points

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL if this counted teams, I would be the number one Yoshi in these United States.

Trust.

Getting carried = FTWWWWWWWWWWW

D

Deleted member

No region discussion. Why would you bring that up after we just got done with that Lil B. All regions **** except kansas, GG.

D

Deleted member

Kansas community > San diego

sorry sockz
Ouuuch. Especially when our #4 and #5 are ranked in socal lol. Our #3 beat DSF, TKD is ranked 5 in socal and won WCSL.... yeaaaaa good **** furbs.
You lost to dreamhack Ucker :p

Depster

Smash Champion
Dude Kansas is awesome >_> I can't go to the biweeklies but the crew there is still awesome here on SWF. And Affinity is amazing.

D

Deleted member

Lol im joking dude. I know kansas isnt great, but i know they have a decently active scene.

D

Deleted member

Lol furbs, im jokin.
Im pretty sure that best character lists dont mean **** tho, considering im the only other yoshi in socal, and neither of those players have played me(meaning there is no competition for it anyways). Next time you come to socal, come to SD so we can team and play friendlies and stuff :)

Also: Tournament results are what matter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom