• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
and I thought what Chewman said "LOL really?" in response to "Btw... is there a link to genesis?" cuz that's what I thought anyway XD
Oh, snap, I was so discombobulated by the first half of that post that didn't even notice what else he wrote.

Bolt, we do not ask for links to tournaments in threads of other tournaments. Use the Tournament Listings thread to find what your looking for. I'm fairly certain Genesis will be at the top somewhere >_<

*requests mod status* LOL

RESULTS THREAD PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE
even MM had a results thread up with hours of the tournament ending, don't let Mattdotzeb do anything better than you alu. Come on brotha!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
You still in town, Toast?
yeah dude...I ain't got **** to do tomorrow! During the day I'm trying to hit up 5 Pointz [graffiti "museum" of sorts] so if anyone wants to come with and or have me come over to play Smash til like 7 or so then lemme know =D [PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR NUMBER]

<3 Reeeenooo mad respect, was a lot of fun playing you. Oh and thanks a LOT for the help on how to get back to where I needed to go :)

edit: seriously if you don't know about the Genesis thread.....well, here...I'll make things easy for you :)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

R3N0

Smash Lord
yeah dude...I ain't got **** to do tomorrow! During the day I'm trying to hit up 5 Pointz [graffiti "museum" of sorts] so if anyone wants to come with and or have me come over to play Smash til like 7 or so then lemme know =D [PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR NUMBER]

<3 Reeeenooo mad respect, was a lot of fun playing you. Oh and thanks a LOT for the help on how to get back to where I needed to go :)
I've got class til 5:30, I will be around NYU area at like 6 (at the uniqlo) if you guys wanna play tomorrow, I AM SO DOWN.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
full results....in fact, i just want to know who made it out of pools.

Hax

Smash Champion
i am a ****ing beast at this game

toasty (MA DUUUUUUUUUDE)/reno u wanna play tomorrow at nyu?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
HAxx$$$$$

My lilttle *****...

Lol, your brawl Cap is manly...

You got 9th at this tourney...showin them lil *****s whip *** bad *** dude xD

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone actually go to NYU?

I'm a junior at NYU and am always looking for more people to play with.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Fuuuuccccck! Why is Aziz inviting himself over?

Or does Aziz secretly go to NYU? My gaad, I didn't know you were a student here.

I got shi
t to do tomorrow, but only for a little bit.

And to answer Hoopspr, yeah we def. do.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
WHERE ARE THE VIDS?!

seriously, only thing i can find is the (awesome) shiz m2k set, but tbh i'd rather see the grand finals

and i REALLY want to rewatch the teams gfs sets 1+2

ugh why did i have to go see slumdog last night, i mean i've already seen it, i own the soundtrack, i spent 8.50, and i missed the singles

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Hey guys, even though I only made it for like 3 hours of day 2, I still had fun..

More fun before and after with my NYC homies though, white castle was hilarious.

The pics are being put into a photobucket album which I will post momentarily.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
seriously people need to chill the **** out with vid requests. I've had the responsibility of recording mad footage for a huge tourney before and it's not exactly the quickest and simplest thing, esp when you've just spent a day or more involved in a tourney and you have to get back to real life where you have obligations and responsibilities.

So please try to be courteous and understanding and give the people who were nice enough to record matches some time to get to them.

Also.

Notice how Losers Finals was put up IMMEDIATELY and Grand Finals weren't.

There's good reason for this.

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm crying cause my match vs raynex wasn't recorded which means no triple stomps of death :[

R3N0

Smash Lord
grand finals was awful, thats why its not up. mango n m2k sandbag match. who can sandbag harder.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
hahaha no no it wasn't really directed AT you, it's just that I know how it is to have the vids of matches people really want to see and people just bombard you with requests etc etc

short answer to your question though: The matches were not good.
god **** it......................

that really sucks................

well, gl getting the good matches up then :) :colorful:!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
this is my first time posting shoutouts in a long time. I'll only do it with a few people I talked to for a while, sorry for missing some people I probably missed like 80% of you my memory is bad don't kill me :[

RayenX - omg your tech skill is so crazy now. I wish I could have your controller, but there's now way I could just take it from you. You have the best tech skill and best controller I've seen yet. Can you help me get a really good one before Genesis? I wanna play crazy Fox again

Kage - Thundercats... HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job beating KDJ and Jman

PC - good seeing you again. Come over sometime we need our tech skills back

Jman - you got so good!!!!! Come train with me! We shoulda won teams I think, but I sucked last game and and rest at 0 the first set costed us vital games =\ oh well it was a coin flip either way we should make up our own Wombo combo sometime. I'll be on break soon so come visit!

Shiz - my games with you are so epic and extremely fun. Falco is too good on the stage, gimps are the only way!!!

KoreanDJ - you are the most fun person to play in friendlies. Thanks for hyping up the crowd when I was doing CGs lol

Zhu - pretty good player and you seemed like a nice guy

Mango - you are very impressive, probably best melee player right now (at least tourney threat which is all that matters) since you are so consistent. We're clearly the best 2 players at this game right now, even though I always get ***** when we fight. Hopefully I will get my tech skill back that Brawl stole from me and put up a good rematch at Genesis and give you a real match. I know I can play way better than I did and you deserve a good match not that joke of a fight that I gave you, and I hope you don't get the wrong impression of me from our matches, although you probably woulda won anyway. We should do that 26 character ditto sometime and get more friendlies in. You're pretty fun to play in friendlies esp with the random funny comments. Get rid of my bad habits for me (shield grabbing falcos dair every time LOL it doesn't work? gay!!!) (I wanna come to Genesis like a week or so early so give me practice, maybe housing and 24/7 smashing? lolol).

random people - sorry for not giving shoutouts to each individual person. Fun friendlies with everyone.

random people on smashboards that **** talk - **** talking is dumb, so is coast rivalries. Who cares where someone lives, it's not relevent to anything!!!

that guy who said Ken was better than me and I was never the best melee player - ***** please!!!

I hope I get top 5 at Genesis. I think Brawling probably made me worse at Melee, at least with Fox, it feels like it drained all my tech skill that I used to have. If I can't use Fox I can't win vs mango, zero chance I don't know how to do any of those other matchups (I say this mainly because King and Hbox beat my Marth/Sheik at least half the time while my Fox wins majority, and Mango's like an extremely better version of them imo). Maybe I should pull a DJ Nintendo and try Doc or Pikachu xD. I don't know which smash game I am going to concentrate on at Genesis, hopefully I will win all 4 but that clearly won't happen I'll probably just lose to Mango twice like I always do (even though *JOHNS* I always go emo and give up half way through), but if I do good at the tourney I will be happy.

someone come visit me, I refuse to smash alone I need people to play! If I get too awful at this game I'm considering quitting for a while outta depression (I'll be here and there though for melee + brawl tourneys) but I think this game is fun when you get really good at it and I want someone to play me and I don't wanna be tempted to quit although I probably will sometime soon anyway (when the game dies I mean!!). I wanna carry these fun Melee memories with me later in life to think/look back on them. JMAN AND PC PLEASE COME VISIT!!! YOU TOO SCAR/CACTUAR!!!

Great reunion and great, well run tourney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom