• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100 lucas tricks (25% complete!)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
how useful can be the tricks?

- wave zap (wavebounced zap jump)
- i still don't see magnet pull, maybe this will help
- a trick i watched in some japanese fight, on the legde, back off, jump to the stage, and then tether, when you land on the stage, you'll cancel the tether and land without lag 1:53
- quad pk fire :p as a variation of lagless pk fire
- dair+footstool+dair, FH and dair at the same time, then footstool the opponent to another dair
- talk about how our pummel is awesome
- DI+Zair recovery
- non autocanceled nair combos, hit with seven hits of nair, and fast fall to avoid the 8th hit, Lucas will do a handstand, and with proper timing, you'll be able to combo it with and utilt or another nair

btw, it says "-can be done w/o items (just throw the item immediately after jump) shown here", shouldn't it be "with"?
i'm sure i'm going to be ninja'd, it took me too long to write this, i'll give you more later

Irsic

Smash Ace
#X Magnet Stalling

When dropping from high heights, use PsiM to halt your fall for a moment to mix up your fall and throw off your opponent.

Levitas

the moon
This thing is growing really quickly. I'm adding 3 new items now and will add another 2 points to existing tricks

livan

Smash Apprentice
a well i like to use for a stay close of the foe to use the kicks and later pk fire went the foe was repel by the kicks with that can only defend or usually try's to attack me but that give chance to use and aerial attak using the pk love kick , and went the foe are hitting me much they usually try to continue so i use in sometimes the ok thunder for the foe stay avoid and make me to have time for recover of that
n_n

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Ok, I got it!

Bowser's Fire Breath - 20%
Charizard's Flamethrower - 23%
Lucas' PK Fire - 8%
Lucas' PK Freeze - 25% No Charge / 30% Full charge
Lucas' PK Thunder - 25%
Ness' PK Fire - 10%
Ness' PK Flash - 23% No charge / 30% Full charge
Ness' PK Thunder - 25%
Falco's Blaster - 8%
Wolf's Blaster - 15%
Fox's Blaster - 5%
Samus' Charge Shot - 8% No Charge / 30% Full charge
Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer - 10% No Charge / 14% Full charge
Zero Suit Samus' D-Smash - 28% No Charge / 30% Full charge
Lucario's Aura Sphere - 4% / 30% Full charge
Lucario's Force Palm - 18%
Pit's Palutena's Arrow - 13%
Mario's Fireball - 13%
Luigi's Fireball - 15%
Zelda's Din's Fire - 28%
Ice Climber's Blizzard - 45% Both ICs / 90% Both ICs
Kirby's Final Cutter - 13 %
Peach's Spores - 38%
Pikachu's Thunder - 25%
Pikachu's Thunderjolt - 23%
King Dedede's Waddle Dee - 68%
King Dedede's Up-B star thingies - 13%
ROB's Robo Beam - 13 Half Charge / 23% Full charge

Lucario's aura doesn't seem to effect the damage. Only knockback I think..... Ask a Lucario main why don't you.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Reflectable

Pikachu's Thunder and Thunder jolt
Space animal Laser
ROB's Laser
ROB's Dradle
Gordo's
Snake's Upsmash
Grenades
Arrows
Boomerang
PK Fires
PK Flash
PK Freeze
Turnips
PK Thunder's
Wario Bike Pieces
Aura Sphere
Charge Shot
Sausages/Bacon
Mario Bros Fire Ball
Razor Leaf??

:094:

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i feel unappreciated

Din's Fire
Needles (:mad:)
Peanuts
Bananas
Egg Toss? not sure... (By the way, is chansey in this game?)
Ice Block
Missles (all of them)
Zamus Neutral B
Bombs (all links)
Kirby's UP B
Pikmin
Pits Arrows
Ray Gun
Super Scope
Poke Ball
Cracker Launcher (if u can hit one)
Mr Saturn
did i miss any?

EDIT: PIECES of Samus' Armor (beat you to it :bee:)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The most epic Lucas trick...Usmash, Dsmash and Fsmash cancelling on Yoshi's Island (Melee.) You can also Usmash cancel on Frigate Orpheon if you time it right before it flips to keep the hitbox. Works the same as on Yoshi's on Brinstar too. So flashy lol.

Also, shieldbreaking yourself on Yoshi's Island (Brawl) on a slanted edge so the stun cancels when you land. Hilarious mindgame. I've actually done it by standing below the slant in my shield against Marth and letting him shieldbreaker me. Not Lucas specific but really funny.

For a super technical Lucas trick, there's a way to do instant PKT2 (faster even then regular thundersliding,) but it almost always kills yourself. There's a youtube vid of it somewhere. If I find it I'll post it for the lolz.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Tyr :bee:!
i remember you mentioning that in your guide.
i'd be interested in that instand PKT2 death. if we use it on a stage with platforms, it'll probably be a pretty good mindgame(namely on battlefield)
APC- do you hav a video? because this is the first time i'm hearing about this

edited*

Levitas

the moon
aww, don't feel unappreciated.

But also don't post if all you have to say is a name, a face, a picture, and a piece of punctuation. Before that, there had actually been no spam in this thread, which is impressive considering the high volume of posts we had in a relatively short amount of time.

Levitas

the moon
like jab cancelling, I'll probably add it at some point, but I really have yet to see a time when this would be better for pressure than good old fashioned SH PKF or FH PKF.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I don't really understand that picture. scotu is speculating that lucas is simply invincible...

Does that little red spark help clarify?

EDIT- i believe, from that picture, that half of Lucas' body is in a "dodge" motion, and about half his body is in a charged smash position. Half his body can be hit, but if someone uses an attack that misses and hits the "dodge" part, it is as if Lucas dodged that attack. kosher?

lil cj

Smash Lord
I got more...

1.pivate grabbing
Its not Lucas specific but its the only reason you should be grabbing with Lucas(and sheild grabs)
And next to Olimar,Lucas has the best pivate grab

2. Ftilt lock on walls
At low percentages and decay you can lock opponents with ftilt against walls...this is not escapable wil they get to high percentages and before they get to high(probably about 60%) you can end the combo with fsmash

3. uair chain
Due to low knock back you can chain uair at low percentages
this racks up damage fast...you can even end the chain with a utilt

prOAPC

Smash Lord
good ones lil cj :D and i think it is spelled "pivot"

uair combos are good, like uair to uair or uair to utilt, fh bair+uair+utilt is pretty good, i think Galeon uses it a lot

i don't know how it is called, but there something like running, jump and pk fire backwards, and it gives you the same effect as wavebouncing

usmash and pk freeze stage spike

usmash beats some ledge attacks

pk freeze has low lag, so it is good to force airdodges

Levitas

the moon
I'll add that stuff, and the retreating pk fire works on the same mechanics as wavebouncing but is easier to do.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whoa, I haven't added any tricks in awhile.
Looks like the list is coming along nicely. I wasn't here all yesterday and you guys have added so many.

Levitas

the moon
APC, would you at least add an example or two of who's getup attacks get beaten by usmash? I need something for that description.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
APC, would you at least add an example or two of who's getup attacks get beaten by usmash? I need something for that description.
Tyr wrote the list

Snake - Under 100%
Samus - Anytime
Marth - Under 100%
Diddy - Under 100%
Sheik - Over 100%
Charizard - Over 100%
Ike - Over 100%
King Dedede - Over 100%
Wolf - Over 100%
Lucario - Under 100%
Toon Link - Over 100%
Captain Falcon - Over 100%
Zero Suit Samus - Over 100%

lil cj

Smash Lord
I got another one

1. SH airdodge as an approach
Next to Wario and Jiggs, Lucas has one of the best air mobility
His airdodge is great! And can be used for mindgames. Run towards your opponent and quickly do a SH airdodge to retreat backwards and avoid being hit if they try to attack you. You can even land next to them after you airdodge and can follow up with some quick attacks like ftilt and jab. Due to how much control you have with his airdodge you can land in front, behind, away, or even above your opponent.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You've pretty much got it with the ftilt lock. It has to decay to work properly which means you have to repeat using it. But if the percentage gets too high before the decay makes it weaker, it will stop working and knock the opponent down so they can escape. It's also possible to DI out of it on short walls like on Delfino but not on other walls such as Corneria. You usually want to end it in the 70% range or it will start to knock them down regardless of how decayed it is. You can finish with an Fsmash or a grab.

Top Bottom