• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hpnotiq

Smash Cadet
mewtwo is underrated.. period, end of story... he should be below c. falcon(jk) cuz of his sexy evil laugh

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
*drools on you*

Muuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The fact of the matter is that Taj, like pre-Brawlrus Hugs, and Chu, is a magical being from the realm of Muir Talan and has had to donate a mind-boggling amount of time to make his failure character work despite its noticeable shortcomings and horrible horrific crippling weaknesses.

I don't think anyone can replicate what they do with their characters. Whether or not it's fair to say that their character is really that good because of what single individuals can do with them is up to your own discretion.

I personally think Mewtwo is underrated on the whole. I don't know how good ICs or Samus are, nor do I really care.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lol, i was lookin in here to see why ICG got banned.
good riddance

i do agree that pichu has more going for him than kirby does
I agree with that as well, Kirby has NOTHING going for him

*cringes at screen*

I dont really want to agree with that, but im hard pressed to realistically find a way to argue with it.

I mean, kirby has gimps and techchases and whatnot, but he realistically has a ***** of a time keeping people cornered. And then his whole defense thing. Takes too much time to turn around on the air or on the ground.

But if kirby gets KDs, he can get some good stuff going for him (guarenteed swallows, tech chases, etc etc). Not saying that makes him clear cut better than pichu; but I dont think Kirby is abysmally bad as people make him out to be.

Dont get me wrong, he's still pretty f'n bad.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
*drools on you*

Muuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Also, I think Mewtwo is still horrible. The fact of the matter is that Taj, like pre-Brawlrus Hugs, and Chu, is a magical being from the realm of Muir Talan and has had to donate a copious amount of time to make this failure character work despite its noticeable shortcomings and horrible horrific crippling weaknesses.

They're really just too good. Nobody can do what they do with those characters. Give up and play Fox.
I will admit that it takes a lot of "special" talent to play those types of characters. So yeah, I do get your point now.

Oh and I already play Fox as a secondary. ^^

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Miggz, I'm not making a case for special talent here (although I'm sure anyone with the success HugS, Chu, Taj, etc has a good amount of it), I'm saying that the amount of dedication and experience has produced styles with these characters that nobody in the entire world can emulate without that same dedication and experience IMO. Even with Jigglypuff and Mango, nobody can simply copy what Mango does and expect to win with it. The idea of simply emulating a really good player (with a "generic" style for that character) and being semi-successful is something purely reserved for the characters who are top tier (IMO).

In my opinion, the fact that you need that much player level to produce that style combined with natural talent and all sorts of other goodies like experience and strong tech skill indicates that these characters are not that good overall (but in Mewtwo's case, I think he's been doing better than the other low tiers for a while) but have the potential to be viable.

Unfortunately, where you put them on the tier list becomes a touchy subject. There's the camp that says "Only one person is good with this character. Therefore, that character's wielder is good but the character is bad" and conversely the other group says "This character is awesome as shown by [insert player]; they have effectively produced a unique style that capitalizes upon their character's strengths in the best way, something not done by any other player of this character".

The actual answer is probably somewhere in the middle, but that's sort of hard to show on a tier list with a simple ranking system.

edit: Kirby and Pichu are both horrible. Pichu's pressure is no better than Kirby's, though, even if Kirby's pressure is terrible. Pichu's ever-present range is probably enough to make his pressure equally horrible. And even then, I'd say the combination of crouch, spaced tilts, statistically good jabs, and an overextended grab range make Kirby's close combat game superior. The counter-argument to this, of course, is that Kirby lacks the ability to get close because it has been proven if Fox shoots Kirby once, he can actually run away the entire game on the bulk of the levels and not get hit until he either messes up or gets bored. Being able to actually lose by 3% with both players at 4 stocks on neutral stages is a pretty horrible weakness to have.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lol, i was lookin in here to see why ICG got banned.

*cringes at screen*

I dont really want to agree with that, but im hard pressed to realistically find a way to argue with it.

I mean, kirby has gimps and techchases and whatnot, but he realistically has a ***** of a time keeping people cornered. And then his whole defense thing. Takes too much time to turn around on the air or on the ground.

But if kirby gets KDs, he can get some good stuff going for him (guarenteed swallows, tech chases, etc etc). Not saying that makes him clear cut better than pichu; but I dont think Kirby is abysmally bad as people make him out to be.

Dont get me wrong, he's still pretty f'n bad.
Every character "has" a tech chasing game, unfortunately for the vast majority of low tier, bottom tier characters it's terrible.

What can Kirby do? Dsmash? Chip damage at best, at least Pichu has a semi-viable Usmash Tech Chase game.

God both of these characters are so bad I don't feel like talking about them LOL

Vts

Smash Champion
Every character "has" a tech chasing game, unfortunately for the vast majority of low tier, bottom tier characters it's terrible.

What can Kirby do? Dsmash? Chip damage at best, at least Pichu has a semi-viable Usmash Tech Chase game.

God both of these characters are so bad I don't feel like talking about them LOL
don't forget 1/2 of low tier doesn't have shields so u hit them with like anything and it gets through ><

poor g&w with his slow *** up smash also :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
A lot of the decent characters have horrible tech chasing game lolz.

The bottom tiers can't tech chase anyone remotely intelligent without blatantly guessing in a lot of cases. It's just how they are. They suck. lololol.

Unless they get the opponent on a platform or something.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
A lot of the decent characters have horrible tech chasing game lolz.

The bottom tiers can't tech chase anyone remotely intelligent without blatantly guessing in a lot of cases. It's just how they are. They suck. lololol.

Unless they get the opponent on a platform or something.
Unfortunately, my decent is top 8.

Whom all for the most part have good tech chasing games. Except for like Puff unless its on platforms.

I have high standards of decent KK <3.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Jaedong and Savior are my heroes.

"[Taj] will destroy everyone in 2009...[ with Mewtwo.] I was at Blizzcon, that's what he said.

Yeah, Kirby and Pichu aren't worth talking about. We're losing sight of the bigger picture again... Mewtwo out of bottom tier.

Vts

Smash Champion
i've always mained ic....

ok thats a lie lol, but i've stuck with them for over 1 1/2 years (been playing like 3 months more than that).

but first main was jiggly, then peach, then ganon, then G&W, and finally IC.

so i'm decent with those people lol besides my ganon he sucks now.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
He'd probably be very good if they ever finished programming him.

I hear he can't even jump out of shield; can you believe that?

chize

Smash Apprentice
lol i agree, super fang is soooooo broken

mewtwo needs to move up cuz taj makes him look top tier

maybe ganon too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom