• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
Jaedong and Savior are my heroes.

"[Taj] will destroy everyone in 2009...[ with Mewtwo.] I was at Blizzcon, that's what he said.

Yeah, Kirby and Pichu aren't worth talking about. We're losing sight of the bigger picture again... Mewtwo out of bottom tier.
osnap do they play smash? i was under the impression that korea's scene virtually defunct :V
gg

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I main Kirby in all 3 Smashes.

He's pretty terrible in Melee.

Except in doubles. In my doubles experience, he's so much fun. Kirbycides are stupidly easy to pull off. At least in friendlies >_>

I'm not exactly good enough at Melee to judge, but I think Mewtwo should be higher up.

And I'm not sure who should be lower between Kirby and Pichu :/
probably Kirby, just because I want my character to be known as the absolute worst in the game :]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
We stopped referring to Pichu and Kirby as characters several pages ago. As far as we're concerned, they're not allowed on the tier list any more because they're so bad.

Now that that's taken care of, let's discuss more important things. Metaknight in Melee. If you could would you do it?

Binx

Smash Master
He'd be jigglypuff with a poor recovery, also you would be able to lightshield his b because our game doesn't suck. Umm, he would prolly have some really good gimps though. If none of his moves had autosweetspot for recovery he would have to go above the ledge everytime except for a couple well canceled up b's so he wouldn't be so bad.

So yeah I'd be cool with him in melee, I think he'd be upper middle tier possibly higher but I think his recovery would hold him back, also his lightness would matter in our game because if he got hit out a move he would die sometimes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
God no, this conversation is awful.
agreed

Falco is better than everyone who's not Fox.

Mewtwo is worse than G&W and better than Zelda.

Ganon is worse than ICs, but better than Samus and Doc.

Jiggs is better than Falcon and Peach, but worse than everyone else currently in top tier.

Falcon is better than Peach.

discuss any of these, not hypothetical metaknights.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I could argue that Mogwai Sheik and Falco are even in my eyes.

like the tier list could almost be.

1.Fox
2.Falco/Sheik

Binx

Smash Master
Unless they are Sheik haha
Who cares?
Yuppers
Jiggs is better than Falcon and Peach, but worse than everyone else currently in top tier.
Yuppers
Yuppers

Oh man we agree a lot haha. Gotta love taking things out of context.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The thing that bothers me about Sheik is that so much of her game doesn't REALLY work...

I mean, I know that tilt to fair works so much that it doesn't really matter that a lot of the time people could be DIing away or crouch canceling, but ultimately, when it comes to how good she actually is, the fact that you can do so much about fundamental aspects of Sheik's game makes me think she's not as good as people think. That being said, her tech chase, chain grab, and edgeguarding games are all legit and insane, I just feel like she should have a lot of trouble getting an opening vs. other good characters if they're doing things correctly.

EDIT: Binx, I really think Sheik is overrated and that Falco is better than her. Also, wth, EVERYONE BUT YOU CARES WHERE MEWTWO IS :mad088::mad088::mad088:....

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
playing sheik at a top level is harder for the reason you stated above (its harder to find openings)

on fox and falco you basically move around until you can get a grab...and pray that you can tech chase him to like..35 when moves start knocking them over.

before someone rips me a new one: i know its much more difficult than just moving around...you have to creat openins usuing needles..wavelands..mindgames...but its really difficult to play sheik at a high level cuz it requires a buttload of thought.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik isn't very good until you get the ball rollin'.

Once you do though the other guy dies.

She makes openings fine, just not as well as the starfurries.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
:)

but im not sure whether i agree that falco/sheik shoudl be even....falco has many more openings but he gets his **** gimped and dies at absurdly low percentages.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
lolz nah i wasnt goonna link im too lazy :)

but you combo to 60 then what? when you make a mistake you get grabbed..and a good sheik can keep **** going till about 35 when you get kncoked over and then you are getting tech chased by everything all over hte place...thats if you havent gottne gimped.

Laijin

Smash Hero
good Falcos combo Sheik to like 60% off of a CC shine @ 0%... I mean, I know, I know, link M2K vs. Shiz 1, but w/e, I still think that at least in that matchup Falco should have a significant advantage.
No. Falco does not have a "significant" advantage over sheik. If anything, the match is VERY even.
Sheik can combo Falco pretty easily and also has the tech chase grabs to go from 0-possibly infinite % as long as you can follow them. Plus once falco is off the ledge, thats pretty much an auto loss of stock for him.

Binx

Smash Master
I think Falco vs Sheik is a really interesting match up because of a couple things, first of all lasers vs needles both control the stage in very similar ways but from entirely different angles, so the projectile game has a lot of depth in this match up because both characters are controlling each others approach pathways.

If Falco hits with a shine or a drill at a low percent then sheik is gonna go off the stage before she has a chance to recover and a good falco can keep edge pressure going until a stock loss.

If Sheik hits Falco with anything short of a fair at a semi low percent it leads into the above, and even then if she doesn't space perfectly it leads into the above. If Sheik grabs Falco then Falco is off the edge, and his stock is over. But Falco is a very difficult character to grab as well. Both characters have to space so well that its just ridiculous.

But yeah I'd say its a little in Falco's favor on big levels, in Sheik's on small levels, I couldn't imagine beating a good Falco on FD because I couldn't control the match with needle at all and I would be at a terrible disadvantage the entire game through forced approaches, well until you throw powershielding into the mix, then you have a lot of grab opportunities.

otg

Smash Master
This logic is stupid. The second Falco is off the stage vs. ______, he shouldn't make it back, yet he clearly has an advantage vs. most characters you can fill into that blank.
Sheik has options for almost any angle at which Falco recovers, not all characters do. I agree that on stage Falco has advantages vs. most characters, but off stage he is at serious risk, and this is especially true for the top tiers who can exploit most of his options. I also think, that as people get more consistent with powershielding, Falco's advantages on stage will slowly start to dwindle as he relies on them for pretty much everything.

Binx

Smash Master
Sheik has options for almost any angle at which Falco recovers, not all characters do. I agree that on stage Falco has advantages vs. most characters, but off stage he is at serious risk, and this is especially true for the top tiers who can exploit most of his options. I also think, that as people get more consistent with powershielding, Falco's advantages on stage will slowly start to dwindle as he relies on them for pretty much everything.
I disagree, as people become better at powershielding falcos will become better at varying laser timing and baiting shields, and maybe even repowershielding the laser back again at certain distances. The end result will be a very minor change against Falco.

Also its been almost 8 years since the game released and not many people can PS consistently yet I have no reason to believe it will ever be consistent enough to make the kind of huge difference that people make it out to be.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yeah very few people just sit there and PS lasers

cactuar SDI's them :)

read mogs thing on how to get around them..its really intesnse.

unknown522

Some guy
agreed

discuss any of these, not hypothetical metaknights.
I agree with all those statements

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No, Puff isn't top tier. She's just super super super annoying and makes people play really gay to beat her but honestly now it seems you have to play gay against literally every character to do well so oh well.

Actually that does sound pretty gay.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I like the way Kage thinks.

I main IC's and I too think any matchup is possible, even Luigi

Peach is another story though, there are other characters with more even matchups so why stay ic's?

i guess i just contradicted myself, but come on, let's make an exception for peach vs ic's

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha well if your name isn't Pink Shinobi i might just stay IC's in tournament even against Peach.... maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom