• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Anger Point Tauros says hi.
what about Primeape? and generally, if either of those 2 takes a critical, they are probably dead.

Intimidate is pretty much always a better bet, anyway. Who the hell would run anger point Tauros?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Anger Point plus Endure plus Salac Berry makes for a deadly micro-Staller.
The only problem is that you would have to be completely expecting the critical, which happen at unexpected times and probably when you don't want them to happen (unless facing a hax set Absol or Honchkrow, in which case you're still wrong half the time). Or in other words, you're never going to endure at the right time, and even when you do it'll probably be when sandstorm or hail is out or you'll be facing Scizor, in which case you're dead no matter what so it still won't be good for you.

So yeah, that mixed with what c3 said is basically why I didn't mention anger point.

Mewter

Smash Master
I was just wondering...
What happens if you're facing Origin Form Giratina and you use Trick on it? Does it change back to Another Form? What about Arceus?

WouW

Smash Lord
On a lead Weavile, which would be the better option, Pursuit or Night Slash?
Pursuit so that you can kill any Azelfs/anything dark-weak on their way out.
Not like I think that Weavile is a good lead anyway.
I was just wondering...
What happens if you're facing Origin Form Giratina and you use Trick on it? Does it change back to Another Form? What about Arceus?
As for Giratina, I think it'll change form. Not sure about that though.
Arceus has Multitype which blocks Trick.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Is there anyone who needs their Pokemon evolved thorough trading?

If this is true send me a pm because I need my Haunter and Machoke evolved. I promise I am an honest guy looking for honest people and I just want to get my Pokemon evolved.

Send my a pm or just respond here. Thanks in advance.

Feben

Smash Cadet
I know if you do mean look and then baton pass the opponent won't be able to switch, unless he has u-turn,
but if you do mean look and then u-turn? then what? As far as i know the opponent will be able to switch, but i haven't tried yet. Does anyone know?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Get wifi please??? :(

I REALLY want my Pokemon evolved.

ANYONE UP FOR TRADE EVOLVING??? :confused:
Apparently I can get wifi when I place my DS right next to my wireless router, even though I don't own one of those wifi connection things for the DS.

I don't know how to connect to another player, or if I can, with that.

I'd be willing to trade if you would trade evolve my Porygon all the way to Z if I could figure out how to connect like that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Apparently I can get wifi when I place my DS right next to my wireless router, even though I don't own one of those wifi connection things for the DS.

I don't know how to connect to another player, or if I can, with that.

I'd be willing to trade if you would trade evolve my Porygon all the way to Z if I could figure out how to connect like that.
I'd be more than happy to. We can figure it out together. If you give me a little I'm sure I can figure something out.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I have a question about Pokemon Colosseum.

I am up to the end part of the game (or at least somewhere near the end I think) where you have to fight all these trainers in a row and snag their Pokemon without any breaks in between.
What I would like to know is can I leave snagging them during that, then snag them later on, or will I not be able to get them again if I don't snag them during that section?

I'm just having trouble with snagging all of them, and I don't want to use the Masterball glitch.

c3gill

Smash Ace
not really a question, but a remark. I have recently developed an intense love for random battles on shoddy, so anyone who wants to **** around and play a few matches, im down- just PM me or something :)

Ugg

Smash Champion
I have a question.

When I try to install Shoddy on my parents' computer, it says that it cannot install. Does anyone have any ideas why? (I would give more details, but all the warning message says is that it can't install. It doesn't give a reason.)

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was wondering. I just got Platinum a few days ago and i'm building an 'in game team'. So far, I have an Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Floatzel and Espeon. For my last pokemon, I really want a grass type, but i'm torn between two pokemon.

I am not sure whether or not to breed myself a Turtwig and get a Torterra or to hunt down a Tangela and get a Tangrowth. What do you think I should get?

WouW

Smash Lord
Your pick. Since it's ingame its EVs will be screwed up anyway so later you won't care about it.

As for my opinion, just go get a Roserade. I hate slow-*** pokés that get flinch-haxed all the time.

Mewter

Smash Master
I have a question about Pokemon Colosseum.

I am up to the end part of the game (or at least somewhere near the end I think) where you have to fight all these trainers in a row and snag their Pokemon without any breaks in between.
What I would like to know is can I leave snagging them during that, then snag them later on, or will I not be able to get them again if I don't snag them during that section?

I'm just having trouble with snagging all of them, and I don't want to use the Masterball glitch.
YOu mean in the ending colloseum that was called the Whatever Tower or something like that, where you have to fight 6 trainers in a row, all with their own themes?
Yes, you can catch those poekmon later in the game if you redo that colloseum.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
YOu mean in the ending colloseum that was called the Whatever Tower or something like that, where you have to fight 6 trainers in a row, all with their own themes?
Yes, you can catch those poekmon later in the game if you redo that colloseum.
Thank you :bee:.
Now I can finally finish that game, and get some of my Pokemon to my GBA games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With sketch, does the move have to hit smeargle for him to sketch it...or how does that work.

Because I was thinking about teaching my smeargle lock-on and than a 1 hit KO move.

Just raise his defenses and HP and he'll kill ANYTHING in 2 turns...

WouW

Smash Lord
It's just the last move that the opponent uses. Therefore you can just have an opponent use an OHKO move in a double battle and sketch it, or hope the opponent misses.

Also, I think Mind Reader/Sheer Cold Articuno is a better alternative.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmmm...

Do you think it would be a good choice to give a cyndaquil sunny day and solar beam? ...that way it can power up it's fire attacks when it needs it and solar beam wouldn't require charging...

Edit: I meant Typhlosion

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It's just the last move that the opponent uses. Therefore you can just have an opponent use an OHKO move in a double battle and sketch it, or hope the opponent misses.

Also, I think Mind Reader/Sheer Cold Articuno is a better alternative.
Idk...you could always be a haxor n00b and teach your Smeargle Dark Void. ;)

Hmmm...

Do you think it would be a good choice to give a cyndaquil sunny day and solar beam? ...that way it can power up it's fire attacks when it needs it and solar beam wouldn't require charging.
That's actually one of its competitive sets on Smogon, so I guess I'd have to say that it's at least a decent idea. Try it out and see. If you don't like it, then you can always change it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hmmm...

Do you think it would be a good choice to give a cyndaquil sunny day and solar beam? ...that way it can power up it's fire attacks when it needs it and solar beam wouldn't require charging...

If I were to do this, I'd have a seperate Pokemon to set up the sunny day.

But that's just me. It could work.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Hmmm...

typically the best sunny-beamers are pokemon with Chlorophyll- think Victreebel, Shiftry, and Exeggutor.

While they miss out on STABed fire attacks, HP Fire can be pretty nasty with the Sunny Day boost. And a STAB 1-turn Solarbeam is disgusting, especially after that nice speed boost.

Mewter

Smash Master
Who thinks Nintendo may decide to add double-typed attacks? It seems like an interesting idea, but would it actually work?(Yes, I know this is a hypothetical question, but this thread is for all pokemon related questions.)

c3gill

Smash Ace
Who thinks Nintendo may decide to add double-typed attacks? It seems like an interesting idea, but would it actually work?(Yes, I know this is a hypothetical question, but this thread is for all pokemon related questions.)
like the elemental punches, doing (element) damage and fighting damage?

it sounds cool, but I think it give pokemon typings too much power- pokemon like Spiritomb would resist a lot more, and still never take SE damage. Scizor would be even more OP than he is now, as he only has 1 weakness (running theme, pokemon with few weaknesses benefit from this idea).

I would rather see a few more types introduced- light typing really comes to mind.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
I'll try to get this straight:

Say my Walrein with 400 HP is holding a Jaboca Berry. A Dugtrio, with exactly 200 HP, at full health, uses Dig and costs Walrein 10% of its maximum health. What percentage of Dugtrio's health will be lost?

If some details are irrelevant, ignore them. Just tell me the answer, O knowing one(s).

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Is there a thread analyzing Pokemon's names and giving reasons why they are named that? You know, like Dugtrio...

-------

Dugtrio #051 (dug-tree-oh)

The Pokemon digs holes underground, and so the verb 'dug' is used. 'Trio' is the common word for a group of three nouns, in this case the three heads of the Pokemon.

-------

If not, I thought it would be pretty neat to get all of them, especially some of the harder ones. So another question is, under the circumstance that no such thread exists, would this idea of a thread be ok?

Mewter

Smash Master

If not, I thought it would be pretty neat to get all of them, especially some of the harder ones. So another question is, under the circumstance that no such thread exists, would this idea of a thread be ok?

Sure, I don't see why not. It's a unique idea for an on-topic thread, and it certainly isn't trash, so it should be safe.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
typically the best sunny-beamers are pokemon with Chlorophyll- think Victreebel, Shiftry, and Exeggutor.

While they miss out on STABed fire attacks, HP Fire can be pretty nasty with the Sunny Day boost. And a STAB 1-turn Solarbeam is disgusting, especially after that nice speed boost.
I just want to say, while I realize that...

...I have wanted a sunny-beamer Typhlosion since I learned he could learn SOlarbeam.

Of course that was before I realized that sunny bearmer was even a strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom