• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's deadliest warrior! Brother FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I really like this thread. Such intellectual conversation on such a nonsensical topic. So well-mannered and controlled. This should be a weekly thing, just to see where it goes.
hmmm, that's not a bad idea....

UncleSam

Smash Master
How realistic are we talking here? Have we ruled out the option that Marth has reinforcements?
Myrth+Divinestone=profit
Plus Marth is Wielding Falchion, that sword is light and super powerful, While link is running around with the master sword and a shield, marth should have no problem getting behind Link

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to go with Link, if for anyother reason than
1. The power of the Tri-Force
2. His shield that would protect him/armor
3. Arsenol of weapons, like bombs, arrows, and hookshot
4. Equal skill as Marth as a swordsmen

My advantage goes to Link.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I'm going to take the magic out to make it more realistic.

Link gets on epona and runs circles around marth just shooting arrows.

Don't question the power of epona. Even if marth had reinforcements, Link could outrun all of them on his horse and just shoot arrows.

Not only that, Link has great preperation skills. He would lay bombs over the battlefield and lead his opponents into death traps.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Link planting bombs, Snake-Style? I like it.

A question was posed earlier, which Link are we talking about? I've seen references to multiple Links, leading me to believe that he can use any item he has ever come across in his adventures. If this was the case, he'd be broken. I think it was established that he should only have his bow and arrows, and maybe one additional item.

Another thing I wanna bring up is Link's two-handed swords, the Biggoron Sword, and the Great Fairy Sword. Yes he loses the use of his shield, but he's just as quick with these swords. Even if he only used one of these swords, it would be difficult for Marth to approach Link.

And I haven't played any Fire Emblem games, so I can only go off of his Smash talents, which in the big picture, isn't much.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
We need to go e-mail that show the deadliest warriors and to tell them to see who wins. I'm sure they could find real life versions of marth sword and skill type, and link's sword, sheild, and other stuff.

They gather the info and do the battle like 1000 times to see who would win the majority of the time.

That would be interesting wouldn't it?

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, lets break this down: (for the sake of simplicity we will exclude Link's special weapons seeing as Marth has none of his own, we will compare them at a basic level)

MASTER SWORD vs FALCHION

The master sword is a master-work weapon, which essentially cannot break, and is moderatley heavy and very damaging.

Marth's Falchion is lightweight, and very strong in it's own right. It is a very fast weapon, and very thin compared to the master sword, yet, it only has a slight range advantage.

THE EDGE:

MASTER SWORD:
The master sword takes the lead for link in the blade department for two reasons:
1) In this match, Marth's Falchion can easily block the master sword due to it's speed and durability, yet the MS's own weight and power will rush through marth (dont forget Link has the weight advantage) and possibly knock him back for a follow up, or even down for a killing blow
2) Lethality. Plain and simple, Marth's falchion is very quick, but when comparing the need of landing two strikes to end link, when one blow from link's sword kills marth....its easy to see which pulls ahead.

ARMOR

Marth has protective chest and shoulder pieces, that seem to be made of steel, providing some good protection for his arms and heart/lungs/etc.
Marth also has good defense in his Sword alone, using it's speed and durability to parry most attacks.

Marth trades Armor for Agility. He has no real covering, allowing him to be extremley nimble. There is a flaw in his cape however, in reality, trying fancy footwork while wearing a long cape isn't the wisest of ideas...

Link brings a formidable defense to the table in the form of a shield.
The hylian shield, like his sword, is a master work. Nigh-unbreakable (it can withstand lava, giant monsters) and is relativley light and manuevarable. It's size seems to allow about a 50% covering of link's body, leaving at most his legs/feet and head exposed in a standard pose.
Link also has protective clothing. He has tough, leather boots. Leather gloves with steel plates. A tough-hide tunic, and most importantly: Chain Mail Armor.

All that does weigh him down however. Even though Link is almost as acrobatic as Marth, theres only so much you can do in chainmail.

THE EDGE:

LINK:

Link also takes this round for defense.

Marth may be nimbler than link, but when it comes down to it, it doesnt mean too much where he must approach Link, in his kill range.

Marth also has nothing but a very small amount of armor and his sowrd to rely on protecting himself, where as Link has only his thighs and head exposed, which can be covered by his shield.

SKILL

Link has gone against the likes of Ganondorf, Giant Monsters, Hordes of evil beings, and even a shadow of himself. And he has triumphed over all of them.

Marth has experience vs countless other swordsmen, knights, and dragons to look back upon. As well as being a trained swordsman with military know-how.

THE EDGE:

MARTH:

Link may have a record of defeating formidable baddies in the past, yet in this fight Marth's knowledge of Fighting other swordsmen, and combat in general pulls him ahead when it comes down to it.

PHYSIQUE

Marth is the taller of the two, yet lighter and more lightly built. He is very agile and has a longer reach than Link, combine that with his longer sword and Marth has the range advantage.

Link is more heavly built, and much stronger than Marth. He can take quite a pounding, and has amazing stamina, being able to lug around all sorts of equipment easily. It is important to note that Link is quite agile himself, yet clearly not on the level of Marth.

THE EDGE:

LINK:

Marth may be faster, able to dodge around link, and have a longer reach, but link has near equal skill when it comes to movement. Being quite agile himself, link can parry and dodge Marth's attacks.

If Marth resorts to phyiscal attacks to manipulate or set-up link (or just hurt him) they wont do as much due to Link's toughness and build, where as if Link were to deck Marth, it may be lights out.

SYNOPSIS

Marth can dance around Link, being faster and more agile. Yet, Link is quick in his own right, being able to counter many or Marth's attacks while being able just shrug off any attacks that make it past his shield due to his protective coating, anf the fact that what gets into that range cant have much power after making it's way past the Master Sword and Hylean Shield.

That being said, Link can actualy counter attack Marth alot more than Marth can Counter Link:

1) Marth hits Link's Shield
2) Link pushes Marth's sword up (i dont care how nimble you are, you arent gonna be able to react with such a long sowrd getting thrown up) and counters with a slash of the Master Sword.

Now, the master sword is only slightly shorter than the falchion, yet wider and heavier, giving much greater lethality.

In the end, Marth may be able to avoid and damage Link here and there, but when it comes down to the wire, I dont see Marth being able to finish off link when link has the ability to keep up with marth, take the hits, and the ability to QUICKLY end the fight with one blow of his sword (or shield if he swings for the head).

I simply dont see Marth being able to get around link's defenses, and dance around enough to avoid Link's attacks indefinatley while being able to land a killer blow on link.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You forgot one thing, JOE!: If Link dies, he has fairies.

Link wins vs Ike. Ike can't parry ANYTHING, and his sword is surprisingly heavy. Link could just go ow and arrow on this one, lol. aimatface

sNess California

Smash Cadet
As i recall earlier, somebody said to add it in deadliest warrior? I thought that was a good idea, i will most definitely e-mail deadliest warrior about this thread, and I'm glad everyone is giving their ideas and sharing both sides. I'm glad everyone enjoys this thread! ( if you guys think that the deadliest warrior idea is great, you should also e-mail deadliest warrior!)
So later on i will be announcing which link and what items link has, because this has to be a fair fight, and like someone mentioned before, link can't be broken, and neither can marth. So the weapons will be posted later for both sides!

Thanks!!

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
ok, lets break this down: (for the sake of simplicity we will exclude Link's special weapons seeing as Marth has none of his own, we will compare them at a basic level)

MASTER SWORD vs FALCHION

The master sword is a master-work weapon, which essentially cannot break, and is moderatley heavy and very damaging.

Marth's Falchion is lightweight, and very strong in it's own right. It is a very fast weapon, and very thin compared to the master sword, yet, it only has a slight range advantage.

THE EDGE:

MASTER SWORD:
The master sword takes the lead for link in the blade department for two reasons:
1) In this match, Marth's Falchion can easily block the master sword due to it's speed and durability, yet the MS's own weight and power will rush through marth (dont forget Link has the weight advantage) and possibly knock him back for a follow up, or even down for a killing blow
2) Lethality. Plain and simple, Marth's falchion is very quick, but when comparing the need of landing two strikes to end link, when one blow from link's sword kills marth....its easy to see which pulls ahead.

ARMOR

Marth has protective chest and shoulder pieces, that seem to be made of steel, providing some good protection for his arms and heart/lungs/etc.
Marth also has good defense in his Sword alone, using it's speed and durability to parry most attacks.

Marth trades Armor for Agility. He has no real covering, allowing him to be extremley nimble. There is a flaw in his cape however, in reality, trying fancy footwork while wearing a long cape isn't the wisest of ideas...

Link brings a formidable defense to the table in the form of a shield.
The hylian shield, like his sword, is a master work. Nigh-unbreakable (it can withstand lava, giant monsters) and is relativley light and manuevarable. It's size seems to allow about a 50% covering of link's body, leaving at most his legs/feet and head exposed in a standard pose.
Link also has protective clothing. He has tough, leather boots. Leather gloves with steel plates. A tough-hide tunic, and most importantly: Chain Mail Armor.

All that does weigh him down however. Even though Link is almost as acrobatic as Marth, theres only so much you can do in chainmail.

THE EDGE:

LINK:

Link also takes this round for defense.

Marth may be nimbler than link, but when it comes down to it, it doesnt mean too much where he must approach Link, in his kill range.

Marth also has nothing but a very small amount of armor and his sowrd to rely on protecting himself, where as Link has only his thighs and head exposed, which can be covered by his shield.

SKILL

Link has gone against the likes of Ganondorf, Giant Monsters, Hordes of evil beings, and even a shadow of himself. And he has triumphed over all of them.

Marth has experience vs countless other swordsmen, knights, and dragons to look back upon. As well as being a trained swordsman with military know-how.

THE EDGE:

MARTH:

Link may have a record of defeating formidable baddies in the past, yet in this fight Marth's knowledge of Fighting other swordsmen, and combat in general pulls him ahead when it comes down to it.

PHYSIQUE

Marth is the taller of the two, yet lighter and more lightly built. He is very agile and has a longer reach than Link, combine that with his longer sword and Marth has the range advantage.

Link is more heavly built, and much stronger than Marth. He can take quite a pounding, and has amazing stamina, being able to lug around all sorts of equipment easily. It is important to note that Link is quite agile himself, yet clearly not on the level of Marth.

THE EDGE:

LINK:

Marth may be faster, able to dodge around link, and have a longer reach, but link has near equal skill when it comes to movement. Being quite agile himself, link can parry and dodge Marth's attacks.

If Marth resorts to phyiscal attacks to manipulate or set-up link (or just hurt him) they wont do as much due to Link's toughness and build, where as if Link were to deck Marth, it may be lights out.

SYNOPSIS

Marth can dance around Link, being faster and more agile. Yet, Link is quick in his own right, being able to counter many or Marth's attacks while being able just shrug off any attacks that make it past his shield due to his protective coating, anf the fact that what gets into that range cant have much power after making it's way past the Master Sword and Hylean Shield.

That being said, Link can actualy counter attack Marth alot more than Marth can Counter Link:

1) Marth hits Link's Shield
2) Link pushes Marth's sword up (i dont care how nimble you are, you arent gonna be able to react with such a long sowrd getting thrown up) and counters with a slash of the Master Sword.

Now, the master sword is only slightly shorter than the falchion, yet wider and heavier, giving much greater lethality.

In the end, Marth may be able to avoid and damage Link here and there, but when it comes down to the wire, I dont see Marth being able to finish off link when link has the ability to keep up with marth, take the hits, and the ability to QUICKLY end the fight with one blow of his sword (or shield if he swings for the head).

I simply dont see Marth being able to get around link's defenses, and dance around enough to avoid Link's attacks indefinatley while being able to land a killer blow on link.
Wow you put a lot of hard work on this. >_>
Lets give this fight to the Boy in Green

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OK, obviously Falcon doesn't have his Blue Falcon. His Falcon punch is rendered useless pretty much due to the wind-up.

Even with Sheik's Needles, Whip, and Teleportation, this would be a very close hand-to-hand battle. I'd say 60-40, Sheik.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
His Falcon punch is rendered useless pretty much due to the wind-up.
He could just punch the ground, half the galaxy would still explode, lol.

But being all realistical, I think Sheik would win. She's much more nimble, she could just camp Falcon with needles for a while, then push him down and see the needles on his back going into his body due to him falling on them.

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
Link, man. It's common sense. lol.

All Marth has is a sword. Sure, he has speed, but I'd say Link positives would outweigh that.

Link has a freaking shield. And bombs. And a boomerang. And a bow and arrow. And a sword.
AND HE'S THE FREAKING HERO OF HYRULE, MAN. lol.

Linkk.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
OK, obviously Falcon doesn't have his Blue Falcon. His Falcon punch is rendered useless pretty much due to the wind-up.

Even with Sheik's Needles, Whip, and Teleportation, this would be a very close hand-to-hand battle. I'd say 60-40, Sheik.
IRL, CF has a gun. GG.

mcnizzle123

Smash Rookie
Well, i would like to see link win, but i am gonna have to give the win to marth, just because of marth's quickness. If they both had equal speeds, i would say link, but in a match like this, speed is a big part of winning. Actually with any 1v1 match, i would have to give it to the faster person. You know it also depends on if the person playing as marth and/or link is good with that character. If the person playing as marth was just starting out with him, i would give the win to link.:chuckle:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Marth throws sword through Link's head.

Battle over.
what if link dodges? then marth might as well kill himself

Well, i would like to see link win, but i am gonna have to give the win to marth, just because of marth's quickness. If they both had equal speeds, i would say link, but in a match like this, speed is a big part of winning. Actually with any 1v1 match, i would have to give it to the faster person. You know it also depends on if the person playing as marth and/or link is good with that character. If the person playing as marth was just starting out with him, i would give the win to link.
1) This is about if they were real, not being controlled by players

2) While speed is quite the advantage to have, Link is nimble in his own right, and eventually Marth *must* close in to a dangerous range with link. Also, even if he is fast how can he get through link's defenses if Link has quick reflexes as well?

Tennet

Smash Champion
i wonder how many people don't realize this is set with realistic conditions...

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
i wonder how many people don't realize this is set with realistic conditions...
A good amount but I think JOE really gave off why Link would have the advantage but I still wish Marths stealth would have given him advantage, but just like in Fire emblem games sword masters can only do so much to high defense units.

This should be re-names nintendo's most deadliest warrior

JOE!

Smash Hero
you never know jiggly master, what if deadliest warrior actually made marth win :D
did you read my post? XD

Anywho, I propose a new match based on the fact I kinda resolved teh LINK vs Marth fight:

IKE vs GANONDORF (With sword from his games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom