• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's deadliest warrior! Brother FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
To clear some things up, Mario's the fighter of the two.
Luigi never had a game where he had to actually attack someone.

Sieguest

Smash Master
To clear some things up, Mario's the fighter of the two.
Luigi never had a game where he had to actually attack someone.
True...the closest he ever got was emulating the ghost busters in Luigi's mansion...other than that he's always emulated his big bro by jumping on goombas too...:)

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
ermm...from looking at the super mario bros games from the GBA forward...Mario always ran faster....and Luigi always jumped higher....

the only time traction came into play was in the super smash bros games just to give Luigi some individuality...:)
Play Super Mario Bros 2 (the Japanese version). That's where the SSB traction difference came from.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, its decided that Mario wins vs Luigi due to just being the better fighter

now, for a new challenge:

:falco:FALCOvs FALCON:falcon:
WHEN BIRDS OF PREY GO HEAD TO HEAD...

WHO

IS

DEADLIEST?

I find this interesting in that Falcon has a high-strength racing suit, that is very resistant to heat (or it **** well should be based on nascar, and hes in nascar n 'roids...), could he tank Falco's lazers?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Play Super Mario Bros 2 (the Japanese version). That's where the SSB traction difference came from.
Oh okay...thanks for pointing that out to me! (there was a method to the madness O_0)

Hmm Falco vs. Falcon...
well to be a smartaleck about it...both have guns...
kinda like a shoot out from long range...who ever is the fastest gunslinger is wins...

but lets spice things up a bit...lets get up close and personal
Falco definitley has battle experience...
Captain has Falcon Punch and experience as a bounty hunter...

I'm leaning towards Falco on the skill....
umm...falco also has many tools he can use to his advantage as well...he has long limbs (at least longer than fox...) and he has excellent jumping prowess! I would take him over falcon in mobility as well...

basically Falcon has raw power...and speed...that's what most part time bounty hunters have...but...he's mostly a racer...I wouldn't say he has as much battle skill as falco...
Falcon's Falcon punch is telegraphed...so Falco has time to read and make a move...(of course in real life...the falcon punch won't set anyone on fire.... making it just a bit of above normal....unless you take into account that in can destroy the earth...)

With that said...I believe falco has more tools and skills to his advantage that'll trump falcons strength.. and falco just has mobility to negate falcon's speed..

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I find this interesting in that Falcon has a high-strength racing suit, that is very resistant to heat (or it **** well should be based on nascar, and hes in nascar n 'roids...), could he tank Falco's lazers?
Well, assuming that lazers create heat, I don't see why Falcon's suit wouldn't be able to withstand the damage a bit. I don't think he'd be able to "tank" it though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@marthage

Falcon is bigger, he has longer range

Also, where does Falco have experience OUT OF HIS ARWING?
Falcon has gone out of his car to gight crime in his cartoon/manga

If he manages to catch falco, hes a bird...thus brittle

But, falco has teh toolz....and mobility (Falcon is faster on foot, but Falco brings an air game)

@crazy

Thruth, the deciding factor may be if falco can use the reflector well enough or if falcon can atke a few shots via his suit before getting hurt/killed

Sieguest

Smash Master
Don't Forget falcon has a gun!!!

And about Falco's experience out of his arwing...
Does multiplayer on Star Fox Assault count?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Speed: C.Falcon
Weapons: Falco (his blaster is faster, and stronger)
Strength: Falcon
Range: Falco

Tie breaker?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Speed: C.Falcon
Weapons: Falco (his blaster is faster, and stronger)
Strength: Falcon
Range: Falco

Tie breaker?
hmmm
mobility- falco got the air raid....:)
Range: actually leaning towards falcon now...falco's a bird...and birds don't have the longest of legs...even if Falco is anthropormorphic....falcon's longer....

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
this match is a very close one.

the only real experience I see in Falco is his weapon ability, being able to use snipers, bazookas, and machine guns, but I don't think he would be carrying more than the blaster around...and although he does have some fighting skill, he's more of a driver. after all, he does prefer the air.

Falcon, as well as a driver, is also a skilled bounty hunter and spends more time outside the cockpit than Falco. F-Zero races don't happen very frequently, so he spends his time hunting. Falco, well, after a mission he has been known to drift aimlessly though space in his ship.

I say Falcon has the advantage.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Falcon for sure. Have you ever looked at the other characters in F Zero-X? Falcon runs with a pretty shady crew (Eg: that fat guy that looks like an egg).

urdailywater

Smash Hero
The Italiano plumber that is Mario. The man in Red gets my respect.

He fights the X-Nauts and saves a Princess while Luigi saves... the Waffle Kingdom?
Plus, he's a bit more.. gutsy. And he can fly when his magic cape. (which Luigi technically has too)

Huh. This is a bit weird now that I think about it. Most everything Mario does Luigi does also. Except in Paper Mario games/, and other spin-offs. Which is how my vote is decided. Mario wins.

Still respect for Luigi-man. It's tough being the younger brother.

JOE!

Smash Hero
^

why do people allways ignore the current match and go for last week's?

and also go against the "realism" rules? :p

Sieguest

Smash Master
The OP lied to me.

And that was fairly realistic.
Joe's pointing out that the magic cape that allows mario and luigi to fly isn't realistic....

OP hasn't updated the front page in a while ( I think he gave up on it...)
so the new matchup was posted two pages before this post....:)

All set...? YEAH!:bee:

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Are we disregarding their respective vehicles in this fight?

How much weaponry is Falco allowed?

What about Falco's reflector?

Does it only reflect projectiles or does it also protect Falco from other forms of attack?
In reality, I don't see how his reflector would only be able to reflect projectile attacks.

This fight hinges on how much weaponry we allow Falco and how powerful we consider it.

While Captain Falcon does surpass Falco in strength and speed, Falco's weaponry has the potential to be completely overpowering.

JOE!

Smash Hero
depending on what it is.

For example, we arent giving him liek a bazooka

And falcon;s suit is heat resistant, allowing him to take A FEW lazers if falco fires.

Another thing to mention is, if Falco gets the reflector out, Falcon's bullet(s) wont go right back to him, if they are even reflected...

WEAPONS ALLOWED:

:falco: : Blaster, Reflector(armor)

:falcon: : Pistol, nipples, helmet/suit(armor)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Falcon vs Falco

Well lets see if we count Falco reflector then falco would have the advantage no due
But anyway seeing how rather slow Falco Lazer is compared to an actual gun. Which last time I check Falcon had in one of his games had a gun strapped to his hips. . . . his sexy hips must I add <_<. Well anyway if it hand to hand I must say Falcon would easily over power Falco. Falco spends most of his fights in a vehicle but never fights hand to hand. While you see Falcon with bulging muscles. I say the win should go to Falcon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
A huge issue will be falco's reflector

what do you guys think? Im guessing its smoe sort of electro magnetic field that can only deflect plazma/energy weapons that are common in Starfox...

or can it reflect Falcon's attacks?

JOE!

Smash Hero
In all honesty, Im thinking Falcon would win in that, Falco's relfector is desined to repel energy based weaponary, making him vulnerable to bullets

In a gunfight, being able to absorb a few shots while you take your one shot to kill, you win

this fight's winner is:
:falcon: SHOW ME YUH MOVES

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hmn,sorry for double post, but do you think i should start a new thread to organize this better?

Sness apparently abandoned this...

Sieguest

Smash Master
In all honesty, Im thinking Falcon would win in that, Falco's relfector is desined to repel energy based weaponary, making him vulnerable to bullets

In a gunfight, being able to absorb a few shots while you take your one shot to kill, you win

this fight's winner is:
:falcon: SHOW ME YUH MOVES
ehh? I thought a reflector was exactly what it is..... a reflector.....reflecting everything...it reflects physical objects too...like falcon's bullets....:bee:

JOE!

Smash Hero
All weapons in teh starfox games barring bombs/explosives are energy based

the reflector seems to be some sort of electro-magnetic pulse thing, reflecting energy projectiles that are abundant in the starfox universe

it was not designed in a place where bullets would be a threat...

Sieguest

Smash Master
All weapons in teh starfox games barring bombs/explosives are energy based

the reflector seems to be some sort of electro-magnetic pulse thing, reflecting energy projectiles that are abundant in the starfox universe

it was not designed in a place where bullets would be a threat...
Ehh..but did they even use a reflector in the starfox games...the ones I've played they haven't had one...
unless in you're in the arwing or landmaster and do a roll...but I don't call that a reflector...
plus...in brawl it reflected physical objects...

the reflector is in fact a small electromagnetic wall...that remagnetizes objects and fires them in the opposite direction...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ehh..but did they even use a reflector in the starfox games...the ones I've played they haven't had one...
unless in you're in the arwing or landmaster and do a roll...but I don't call that a reflector...
plus...in brawl it reflected physical objects...
thats because it'd suck in brawl if it didnt

Im going off the Arwing's g-diffuser for the reflector's properties as well, seeing as thats the only known one in starfox..

Sieguest

Smash Master
thats because it'd suck in brawl if it didnt

Im going off the Arwing's g-diffuser for the reflector's properties as well, seeing as thats the only known one in starfox..
see edit...also the arwing is also able to roll off ramming attempts from what seem like kamikaze enemies...(starfox assualt on gold difficulty is freaking ghetto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom