• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I kinda hope Kirby gets dropped to a Mid tier or low tier...That'll leave a lot of people under estimating Kirby players....
That's true, but I don't think he will TBH.

Still, it would be hilarious if he went down to low tier. The **** that would ensue in low tier tournies would be hilarious.

Allied

Smash Master
That's true, but I don't think he will TBH.

Still, it would be hilarious if he went down to low tier. The **** that would ensue in low tier tournies would be hilarious.
hehe i just would destroy all the sonic mains
oh wait they prolly will be lower mid tier or something

1. Enter tournament
2. Pay low tier entry
3. Pick kirby on character selection screen
4. ?????
5. Profit

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

I made an awesome friend at the last tourney I went to :3
(she's making this)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Don't say stuff like that, it might come true. O_o

We need Kirby good on the tier list because of his popularity means more games for Kirby. Thanks to Melee Kirby, Kirby lost a lot of love and Kirby Air Ride kind of made it worst. Thanks to Brawl Kirby, we have Kirby Super Star Ultra. =D

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Don't say stuff like that, it might come true. O_o

We need Kirby good on the tier list because of his popularity means more games for Kirby. Thanks to Melee Kirby, Kirby lost a lot of love and Kirby Air Ride kind of made it worst. Thanks to Brawl Kirby, we have Kirby Super Star Ultra. =D

Well, it was either remake or virtual console. Unless they come out with a brand new awesome Kirby game that wasn't already the best ever in a previous life, I will remain unimpressed. Canvas Curse was pretty fun though. :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Unimpressed with Kirby Super Star Ultra?!? Your not human. O_o

I guess I see your point, there needs to be an actual new Kirby game and not remakes. Well, as long as Kirby's popularity is growing we can help have this wish come true. Come on guys, love Kirby more, you'll get nice things. =P

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I liked the game, I just didn't feel that it had enough to qualify it as a different game from KSS, which I already stated was the best Kirby game ever. I'm impressed with it, but I don't think its anything new, which is what I meant by the unimpressed comment. I'll try to be more clear next time. XD

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So is someone gonna revamp the Match-up thread? If not I'd be more than happy to do so
We're waiting for the tier list to be out (TOMORROW YEAH), don't know why but it feels like the right thing to do (even though it won't help in any way).

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
A1 was going to. IDK though seeing as he claimed he was gonna stop playing brawl... *waits for A1 to make a comment about getting a sticky thread*

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
The first Match up thread was made by Maestro Kirby (He's been gone for a While or still is).

I really don't care who takes over the Match up thread, as long as they keep it active and up to date. During the last discussions on MK's thread, everything was random and I don't think he updated the first post that often. Also, Whoever takes over the Match up thread has to be open for Ideas.

If either Thrilla or A1 make it, I think it'll be OK since they're always on. But yeah, I think that some one already is on making the match up thread Jiovanidude :/

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I'm willing to head it up if A1 doesn't want to. He said told me that the whole quitting Brawl comment was due to his own lack of play-time. IDK if he was serious or not. *still waiting for the sticky thread comment...*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm so pissed right now. I suck with every character that's not Kirby or Ness, I can't win with anyone anymore and that's all there is to it online or offline. I tried Toon Link, then some girl who main Kirby just beat me so I had to choose Ness to win. Mr. Game & Watch, a King Dedede main beat me in a close match, and then he choose Ice Climbers, when I saw him chain grab me twice, I just quit the match and let him win. Olimar, some anoying Sonic main came and picked his bad stage Jungle Japes and I couldn't kill him right. Mario, I lost two stocks when another Sonic main had one with mid damage level and he won that round. Wario, a Falco main just three stocked me on Pokemon Stadium, one of my ace stages and I'm mad about that. Lucas, ha ha ha ha, a ****en Samus main that plays like a lower level of Xyro but still around her level beat me and I had many chances to kill her last stock when I had two. Luigi, Meta Knight ruin that plan of course. Peach, Zero Suit Samus basically spiked me twice and I only took one stock from her. Pokemon Trainer, Mr. Game & Watch ****ed up all my Pokemon on one of the stages I have a high losing streak to, Yoshi's Island (Brawl). King Dedede, HOW THE **** I KILL MYSELF WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO BEAT A SNAKE MAIN!!! Meta Knight... HA HA HA HA, I don't use Meta Knight anymore, I suck with him now. THIS IS MADNESS, AND BULL****!!!

Ok, maybe it's not too bad, at least my Kirby and Ness are above pro level at least, but that's not good enough when I face their bad match up's, and right know, I'm not in the mind set to give a **** anymore and just use Kirby and Ness in tourney's from here on now.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Sorry to hear that, Viper...

Me, I'd rather stick to my three mains, and not give anyone else a chance. They haven't failed me yet, and I can feel myself getting better by the match whenever I use them! Maybe you should stick with Kirby and Ness for a while, until you feel confident enough to try again with another character.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I usually just pick my favorite character (s) and some characters that compliment them. *Shrug* You don't need to know how to play everyone.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I tried Toon Link, then some girl who main Kirby just beat me so I had to choose Ness to win.
♣ I'm not just no girl, I try my best with Kirby, and you never try your best at all. D: ♥

♣ Since you used Kirby and Ness the longest in Brawl, it's only natural that you show your the best with them. You should play this game more casually for a change. ;p ♥

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ahhh Viper...Come here and give me a Hug....*Viper walks toward Y.b.M.* There There...It'll be okay *Y.b.M. rubs Vipers Back Softly(no homo)*...See all you needed was a hug...Now brush it off and try harder....

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, I kind of know how you feel. When I run into Kirby's bad matchups, I have no idea what to do, since all my characters at tourny level, while a ****ton of fun, cannot handle Kirby's bad matchups, especially Marth.

I dunno, when I use other characters, it's mainly for fun, practice being better at everyone, trying to learn other characters to incorporate their style of thinking into my current ones, or simply to know how they play a bit better.

Allied

Smash Master
that sucks yo lol i just play

Kirby / Snake / Wario

Mostly kirby tho
snake is too good tho lol i love him

just keep practiing ^_^

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I dunno... A1 wanted to, but he's quit Brawl, so meh...
Well, he's got till tomorrow to figure out if he's quiting or keeping playing, lol. If he quits, I guess Thrilla will take over it.
I'm willing to head it up if A1 doesn't want to. He said told me that the whole quitting Brawl comment was due to his own lack of play-time. IDK if he was serious or not. *still waiting for the sticky thread comment...*
Oh, hey wasn't looking at this thread. I have more playtime now that all my extra program stuff has ended, so I can make the new matchup thread. What, you want a sticky thread comment? Alright...ZOMGSTICKYTHREAD!

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Does anyone else like scratching the sandbag's crotch?

In the wifi practice stage, stay RIGHT where you start, and leave the sandbag right where it spawns, and spam Dtilt. :3

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
My first sticky thread has been created. All I need to do now is get it stickied...hey, xiivi, I was thinking...when the people from the other boards come over to discuss the weekly matchup, we should already have the thread stickied...it'd look better, ya know. LOL

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
We haven't even started yet, A1. ;o.o

At the very least, you should have waited one more hour... My vote is probably going towards the character that moved up the most spots on the new list. There might be a popularity boost from the new publicity, meaning it would help to discuss the MU ASAP. lol, you aren't even making your intentions invisible anymore...

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
The first Match up thread was made by Maestro Kirby (He's been gone for a While or still is).

I really don't care who takes over the Match up thread, as long as they keep it active and up to date. During the last discussions on MK's thread, everything was random and I don't think he updated the first post that often. Also, Whoever takes over the Match up thread has to be open for Ideas.

If either Thrilla or A1 make it, I think it'll be OK since they're always on. But yeah, I think that some one already is on making the match up thread Jiovanidude :/
Meh. What can I say? Brawl+ is fun. I sorta fell behind updating the matchup summaries and never caught up. At least I kept it going until the end. I did lose interest after a while, but I've seen too many matchup threads where the creator goes AWOL halfway through, leaving a bunch of confused players in his wake. I didn't want that to happen here.

Thrilla and A1 should probably go tandem, working a matchup thread by yourself is hard work. It'd be really cool (and probably unprecedented) if a mod gave them the power to both edit the same post, but other than that, one would have the basic info on the first post and the other would have the expanded summaries on the second, and they would have to keep a close partnership to make sure it doesnt fall off the rails. Good luck to whoever wants to take up the task, and make sure to use my matchup template :p

EDIT: lion ninja'd
A1 youll be getting a pm soon, but i highly doubt you'll need to reserve 3 extra posts...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now my major joining is over, I'm still using only Kirby and Ness now. But yea, A1 to make the new match up thread... even though he already made it. ^_^;

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Why do people care about getting a stickied thread? So 12 year old.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I like Weegee as a 2ndary. His aerial priority is freakin awesome and he combos well in the air. Try him out.

Oh and i think Kirby will move up in Tier listings, i think we've opened up the eyes of important people to what Kirby can do, and we're not even done. Should be good. ^_^

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm loving the way I predicted Kirby would stay where he is, and it came true. I never doubted the pink puffball, not even once! A TIER ALL THE WAY, PEOPLE! :D

ZSS went up too, which is great news for me, one step closer to A TIER! Almost all my characters are in the highest Super Tier (S/A, B/C/D, E/F)!

And Wario is now officially Godly.

Top Bottom