• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
rofl all this time it was just a skin?!

At first I thought my computer was infected was something (but the internet connection just happened to die at the same time the skin malfunctioned.)

kk back to normal now. Thanks KayLo.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea that was happening to me too......I couldn't get on for like 10 hours without the layout being all white........thought my laptop was crapping out lol.

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm new at maining Zelda. I just wanted to give a shoutout to all the other Zelda mainers out there.

Edit: here's my info

Casual who would like to get into the Tournament scene
Teammates: n/a
Color: All
Sheik: no
Secondaries: Ike, Luigi, and Kirby

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Umm, NinjaLink just said in the Zelda chat that Japan just now found a new way to momentum cancel with Zelda. But he doesn't want to post it here, because he doesn't like using forums lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6V4HDXpFIo at about 20 seconds.

Apparently you just bair then Reverse Nayrus. Zelda then stops in place and then floats backwards towards the stage. She keeps her jump and also keeps her back to the stage, which should be a good setup for bairs.

ZELDA HAS A NEW AT?! LOL

edit: lol I made a new thread for it since I felt it deserved it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Umm, NinjaLink just said in the Zelda chat that Japan just now found a new way to momentum cancel with Zelda. But he doesn't want to post it here, because he doesn't like using forums lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6V4HDXpFIo at about 20 seconds.

Apparently you just bair then Reverse Nayrus. Zelda then stops in place and then floats backwards towards the stage. She keeps her jump and also keeps her back to the stage, which should be a good setup for bairs.

ZELDA HAS A NEW AT?! LOL

edit: lol I made a new thread for it since I felt it deserved it.
Seriously?! A new Zelda AT?! Amazing! And it actually looks useful.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hi, I'm new at maining Zelda. I just wanted to give a shoutout to all the other Zelda mainers out there.
Good to hear. We need more Zelda players. (I'm not a Zelda main, but I do like to use her occasionally).

On the topic of Zelda, is it me or is her jab the move equivalent of horse manure? I mean, it takes 11 frames to start-up (which for a jab is stupidly slow), it only has one proper hit (it technically has three hits, but not in the true sense) and it only does 6% damage overall. Yeah, it gives you some breathing space, but DSmash does that better because it's quicker and has more knockback.

Sorry, I realise that this complaining is pointless, but I just wanted to rant about it a bit, and I didn't feel it warranted its own thread.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Good to hear. We need more Zelda players. (I'm not a Zelda main, but I do like to use her occasionally).

On the topic of Zelda, is it me or is her jab the move equivalent of horse manure? I mean, it takes 11 frames to start-up (which for a jab is stupidly slow), it only has one proper hit (it technically has three hits, but not in the true sense) and it only does 6% damage overall. Yeah, it gives you some breathing space, but DSmash does that better because it's quicker and has more knockback.

Sorry, I realise that this complaining is pointless, but I just wanted to rant about it a bit, and I didn't feel it warranted its own thread.
It's not a jab, it's a defensive move, period.

Dtilt is our jab.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

I think DarkMusician and some other people use it to set up dash attacks and other things, but that's about it.

Other than that, it's not really that great, lol.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
As Ocho said, it's a good set up for a dash attack or possibly running U-smash.

At times it's good for edgeguarding but there's pretty much always a better option.

It's more so a defensive move than anything else. It can stop a lot of charges but the startup time makes it a bit risky, and in any situation it would work to prevent approach, I'm pretty sure a sheild grab would do the job better.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I'm not saying that her jab is useless (no move is, save perhaps Mario's DTilt). I'm just saying that it's seems that there's always a better option. DSmash works better defensively (As long as you don't mind it being stale), and as was said, DTilt is better for pokes and combos. And it seems stupid that the slowest jab in the game only does 6% damage, whereas Ike's starts up on frame 3 and does like 15%....

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Her jab is actually really misunderstood. Has virtually no cooldown time so it is in a lot of cases safer than dsmash. Just make sure that you space it well and jab is pretty hard to punih. The move also has a ton of priority and stops any aerial approach that doesn't include a sword/ bigass foot.

Substitute dtilt in places where you would usually use a quick jab, space this well, and I assure you your opinion of the move will change.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Posted this on the Pika boards where we're sharing facts about ourselves, so I figured I'd copy-paste it here since you guys are my second SWF character family. =D Some of the stuff (like the Glaceon thing) is sort of Pika chat jokes, so don't worry if something is kinda wtf. =X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I promised pictures, so here's 3 (small) pictures......

EDIT -- now my alter-ego!:

Sorry if you were expecting model quality. x.o I do what I can, ya know?

Here's my factz:

KayLo! is a 22-year-old female Glaceon currently residing in Philly.
No, KayLo! will not bring you a cheesesteak (except for Kenny... already promised him one).
KayLo! is 5'7".
KayLo! loves exclamation points and question marks?!
KayLo! has mained Pikachu since 64 but hated that god**** rodent before she played him in Smash.
KayLo! knows practically everything there is to know about Brawl but can't get past "pretty good" at the game. :(
KayLo!'s other favorite games are: Kingdom Hearts, Okami, The World Ends With You, Katamari Damacy, Ouendan, and Rune Factory.
KayLo! is 1 1/2 years away from veterinary school and hopes to work with exotics one day so she can travel.
KayLo! saves puppies almost everyday. <3
KayLo! is very straight, but SOME PEOPLE tell a different story.....
KayLo! is not religious, but she believes in positive energy and karma. Urban hippie, sort of? (Except she showers.)
KayLo! is a fan of #slap ing people. The noise it makes is just too good.
KayLo! hates talking on the phone with a passion but loves texting.
KayLo!'s greatest fear is technology gone wrong.... blue screens, white noise, weird beeping. IT'S SO FREAKY. :urg:
KayLo! loves: roller coasters, the fall/winter season, Italy, movies that make her cry, and most of all, eating, sleeping, partying, and... one other thing. ;)
KayLo! hates: mosquitos, children, immaturity, general stupidity, mean people, and WHEN PEOPLE INTERRUPT HER SLEEP.
KayLo!'s favorite color is (surprise, surprise) turquoise.
KayLo! talks sorta like a white girl (private schools ftl) but associates almost exclusively with other black/non-white folk. It just happens that way.
KayLo! loves to debate, argue, butt heads, and generally be right all the time, but she'll still love you at the end of the day no matter what.
Btw, KayLo! is (usually) always right.
KayLo! hates Chinese food.
KayLo! is a Gemini, or in Chinese astrology, a Rabbit. She <3s astrology but doesn't believe in it.
KayLo! is obsessively clean and organized to the point that it's scared people.
KayLo! is also extremely lazy when she can afford to be.
KayLo! used to be a ridiculously good artist but hasn't drawn in years.
KayLo! lives a pretty mainstream lifestyle but is also a huge nerd.
There are currently 6 people on KayLo!'s S*** List.
Related to the above, KayLo! is amazing at FPS games.... deadly accuracy.... :evil:
KayLo! is very clumsy.... she once walked straight into a van, and her friends never let her live it down.... -_-
KayLo! has been described as "the dumbest smart person" her friends know. x.x KayLo! has a lot of blonde moments......
KayLo!'s lesbian crushes are Alicia Keys, Angelina Jolie, and Haruka/Sailor Uranus from Sailor Moon.
KayLo! got nicknamed KLo by her friends because her *** is big... like JLo's. Hurrhurr?
Kyoshi thinks KayLo!'s *** is small, but he must be ****ing blind.
KayLo! has two sisters, one brother, and more cousins than she can count.
KayLo! is a mix of black, Mexican, Native American (Cherokee), and Bajan (or Barbadian, whichever floats your boat).
KayLo! speaks English, French, and some Italian, Spanish, and Japanese -- from actual classes, not anime.
KayLo! used to try to fly when she was little. Really put in a good effort, too.
If KayLo! could have any superpower, she'd choose instant teleportation or super speed. Or creating bad luck like Jinx from Teen Titans.
In KayLo!'s opinion, Batman is the best superhero.
KayLo!'s favorite pokemon is Ivysaur, followed by Glaceon, Milotic, Typhlosion, and Wartortle.
KayLo! is hungry and gonna go eat now. @.@
Also, KayLo! went to the Half Blood Prince premiere and got these pics of Emma Watson:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
How do you mean? It seems like a decent speed to me...

Link & ZSS ftl lol
It's not the slowest in the game, but it's still pretty bad. 12 frames compared to most characters' 6 or 7. Characters can sometimes spotdodge or jump away before you can shieldgrab them..... dsmashing OOS is faster even with shield drop frames. @.@

It's still useful, just not my favorite thing to do because of its slow startup.

LOL this is just soooo random but I LOVE IT! We should all soooo do this!
Yeah, Xiivi started it, then Bunny did it, and now we're taking turns, lol. It's kinda fun learning random facts about people.

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
Posted this on the Pika boards where we're sharing facts about ourselves, so I figured I'd copy-paste it here since you guys are my second SWF character family. =D Some of the stuff (like the Glaceon thing) is sort of Pika chat jokes, so don't worry if something is kinda wtf. =X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I promised pictures, so here's 3 (small) pictures......

Obligatory MySpace-attention-*****-angle pic:

Dayum gurrl! lol, jk. But seriously, I think you're pretty. I think I might do one of these, since I'm new I think it might be a good idea...

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Once I see someone else throw this thing up there I will do one too since I really enjoyed reading KayLo's.

Although while reading hers a lot of the things she said would be the exact same for mine...... (>.<)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
haha I never post here in the Zelda boards, but I'm tempted to make one too xD

Not sure why though =/

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Once I see someone else throw this thing up there I will do one too since I really enjoyed reading KayLo's.

Not sure why though =/
Doooo iiiit. It's fun to write, and it's fun reading other people's.... everybody wins!

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

Not sure why though =/
That would be pretty random and awesome. Someone should register to Smashboards and make their first post one of those things. And then never post again. LEGEND!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Doooo iiiit. It's fun to write, and it's fun reading other people's.... everybody wins!
That would be pretty random and awesome. Someone should register to Smashboards and make their first post one of those things. And then never post again. LEGEND!
lol
I'll do it then. Prepare to learn a little more about me! =D

EDIT: Haven't started yet..... but I'll get it done xD

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
How do you mean? It seems like a decent speed to me...

Link & ZSS ftl lol

Zelda has the slowest non-tether grab speed in the game. IIRC, it's either 11 frames or 12, the same as a tether, except without the range (although it does have pretty large range in its own right to be fair). Not that shieldgrabbing is never a good idea, but Zelda has lots of better ooS options to use.

Top Bottom