• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i thought she was hot kata :p

in this creepy way

mostly cuz she was like nude bahahah

i was only 9

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

aka

I can see the appeal chok >.<

Loved the powers she gave though.. it's weird how link doesn't have any of those in brawl and zelda has all of them

sasook

Smash Champion
I once saw some cartoon drawing of Link and the great fairies. There were 3 boxes. The top box was like "here's Din's fire, now you can kill people easier" and Link had an expression like "cool."

Then the second box was like "here's Nayru's love, now you can protect yourself easier" and Link had the same expression as the first.

Then the third box said "here's Farore's Wind, now you can run away faster" and Link was like O_o

I lol'd.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Well, perhaps it's because you need a magic meter to use those things. It would kinda suck if link could only use his specials a few times before they ran out and you had to go looking for magic potions.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Great Faries do, indeed, look like drag queens.

That "Ooh-hoo-hoo" that she does all the time is disturbing enough without the SCREAM when she leaves.

And that great fairy mask. That hook nose, caked on mascara and lipsticked fish mouth with the beauty mark is an utterly horrifying image that I never wanted to see on link's young body

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I agree :)

Not many of the Sheik board regulars are also regulars here. I only see marsulas going back and forth...

We play the same character lol. We should work together!
*sigh* I guess that means I should actually post in the Sheik boards instead of just lurking.

Oh, in that Global Character Guide thread by Virgilijus, I remember reading something about potentially making a guide to playing Zelda/Sheik. Perhaps that could be used as a way to help unify our two character boards.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I have a really massive story in the works that I'll upload in the screenshot thread later on tonight. There's a lot of pictures >.<

does anyone here know how to make textures?

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I have a really massive story in the works that I'll upload in the screenshot thread later on tonight. There's a lot of pictures >.<

w00t! I love your stories.

Sadly, I have no idea how to do textures.

I know I'm supposed to use the chat for this but I have to use the wii browser atm. Anyway, does anyone want to brawl sometime. Warning: I only use Zelda and or Sheik. Doubles can be fun or a pain in the butt. VM me.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Fading, you will have more luck asking in the WiFi friend finder. That's where to go to ask for people to brawl you.

With that said, I'd be happy to. I see you're online now so I'll PM you. Most of us hang out in the Zelda chat (you can find the link in the wifi thread) and most of us play wifi whenever.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

I do! I haven't made any good ones, but only because I've been too busy (i.e. lazy)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I do! I haven't made any good ones, but only because I've been too busy (i.e. lazy)
Ocho you must share these secrets of texture making with me. I want to do them and I can do everything except burn discs, but if there's a way to get passed this then I think I'm good to go =D I have a few ideas in mind

PM me if you can with links and other fancy things! Also read my story! :mad:

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
You don't need to burn a disc to add textures, or make them, lol. I think the only reason to burn a disc (apart from making a copy of Brawl) would be to .iso hack and do something like change the music files that play in each stage. Sure, you could also change the textures on the disc, but you don't need to, lol. Just use the SD card for that.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oooo this is interesting =p

These are the new balanced brawl changes to Zelda - it's nice they took the time to change a character that's often forgotten =p

I'm reeeeally anticipating this new jab... =p finally it should have a use. Though jab is not really too good against peach anyways lol whoever suggested that... but at least now we can burn people with flowers

:zelda: *ZELDA*

-1% and flower element on jab
Jab is given spacing utility to set up f-tilt. That animation magically putting a flower on the enemy's head looks natural and cute is a novel bonus. Useful in corners and against Peach, a previously awful matchup.

Reduced knockback and 10 frames less ending lag on f-tilt
This allows Zelda a pseudo-safe move for attacking enemy shields, vaguely like DDD f-tilt. Especially at medium-high percents, it has serious potential for setting up u-tilt and u-smash. Inner hitboxes (that KO at high percents) can remain unchanged.

90 degree angle on u-tilt
A small increase in KO potential on a reliable move. (I consider this the most "optional" buff, tagged for removal if Zelda turns out to be above where we want her.)

Tweak f-smash to be more difficult to escape
Reinforce Zelda as a reliable KO character to more naturally compliment Sheik.

Increase angle on d-smash 5 degrees.
D-smash is often tech-able as is; the slightest of angle buffs addresses this in most cases, and makes our previous buff to the move actually matter. Again, slightly reinforcing reliable KO power.

+2% and increased constant knockback on up-b vanish
Makes Zelda's only trick move worth doing; around 80%+, it can combo into the ending hit when done sideways across the stage.

+4% and light spike knockabck on up-b reappear
The primary purpose of this is to allow Zelda to u-smash or u-tilt a surprised opponent after teleporting into them.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
They found a way to replace music files with the SD card!

!!​

I'm puttin Rick Roll and Fresh Prince on Yoshi's cause that stage sucks

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
There are a bunch of threads talking about it now in the Smash Workshop forums.

Here are a couple of em:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225642
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240610
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240648

You just need to add a new File Replacement code, like the one you use for textures. Then, to make things easier, run the GUI in the last link to make the files for you.
Ocho, you've been added to my "<3 forever & ever" list. <333

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Is there a thread dedicated to a nub's guide to hacking your brawl? Cause I have no idea how. x.x
There used to be, but it's against forum rules to post how to hack your Wii.

Google it! There are plenty of sites out there that explain it pretty simply.

SK92 took 16 stocks off the Europe crew losing only one stock, sexy.
Kataefi, what happened to your people??? :laugh:

I'm sorry, that's just too funny.

EDIT: ****, double post. :urg: My bad. Merge please. <3

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm not too sure if any UK players were involved in that crew or not, but props to SK92 for doing that.

In all fairness
and yes these are johns >.<
, travelling to another country's metagame is pretty daunting.

Also just a quick note to say we can't really talk specifics here in how to hack wiis, so nip over to the workshop, there's bound to be help there.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Um, can someone tell me why SWF layout is being realllllllyyyy ****ed up?

Everything is white and all the images are in the wrong places.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Um, can someone tell me why SWF layout is being realllllllyyyy ****ed up?

Everything is white and all the images are in the wrong places.
Sometimes Revolution messes up when some of the stuff doesn't load correctly. Either switch to a different skin for a while or just keep reloading.... it fixes itself eventually.

It was happening to me yesterday.

Top Bottom