• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Yes of course. Sonic always comes out on top because of his superior intellect. Give it up, adum, you've been outclassed.

Though, if I may say, sonic, you have no way of proving she's a man.

Let's just leave it at square one and move on. This petty fight is just as unjustifiable as the Link main's hatred for toon link.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yes of course. Sonic always comes out on top because of his superior intellect. Give it up, adum, you've been outclassed.

Though, if I may say, sonic, you have no way of proving she's a man.
never claimed that I could. Merely that it was my belief was logical and since the alternative can't be proven either, I'm not actually wrong.

Let's just leave it at square one and move on. This petty fight is just as unjustifiable as the Link main's hatred for toon link.
that's not justified? Stupid little cartoon actually being USEABLE whilst sakurai harbours some mysterious unfounded hatred for link in ever smash game? I suppose to hate toon link is to misdirect your anger at sakurai, but to envy toon link with bitterness is natural.

This argument is quite hilarious. It's the only reason I joined it.

Also, Terry Pratchett's a great author.
I believe it's cowritten by Neil Gaimon. I'm not sure exactly how that worked, but Gaimon also created "Stardust" so he gets big points in my book.

I've yet to read it, but I hear the book The Princess Bride is even better than the movie. Considering that that's my favourite movie of all time, I should really try to find a copy.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I just realized I've never made a profile on here...
Also, I know I'm making an appearance while there's a debate going on, but hey it's my birthday so too bad. =P

Smash Name: Silent_Rain
Yes I do use Zelda in tournaments. I dual main along with Peach.
I'm horrible at teams by the way.
I usually use her blue dress, or green.
By the way, I'm horrible with Sheik so it's extremely rare when I use her.

Random Facts:

My hair is long and curly. I am planning to donate it real soon. ^_^
I'm a college student and I'm attending UT Austin majoring in Social Work.
I'm Hispanic. Both of my parents were born in Mexico.
Overall, I'm a very sensitive individual.
I'm real polite in person.
I love music, and MANY kinds (I'm a sucker for acoustic versions of songs)
Whenever I find someone attractive, I get real nervous and shy.
I type REALLY fast.
I can not hold a pen or pencil like everyone else because I damaged a nerve in one of my fingers. So yes, I write like crap.
I love reading and I like to write because it serves as a form of therapy for me.
I'm the happiest when dancing.
Oh and in terms of smash, I like being creative with my characters in terms of their offense by using their full set of moves.
I am a Leo and I just turned 20.
I love hiking and running.
I really enjoy real deep conversations.
I love listening to people and hearing their stories and observing the emotions they convey.
I'm also real clumsy. I can have some intense air-headed moments.
I love home-baked cookies and cakes. I love pastries so much <3
I also like to eat, a lot. I'm real picky with my food though.
Yes I am one of those that eats and eats and never gains weight.
I love the night and that's when I feel the most in tune with myself so I usually stay up real late every night.
I like anime shows that have a lot of drama in them. lol.
I am fluent in both English and Spanish.
My middle name is Hiram and it means noble and highly praise. Also, my whole family refers to me by my middle name.
I'm very compassionate by nature.
I don't know how to swim.
I usually show up late to parties, oh and I do love partying.
I'm a hopeless romantic.
I like to think I'm pretty decent in smash.
My favorite color is red.
Andddd, I love hugs. So hugs for everyone.

Anyways that's long enough right? Sorry for the long post and I know it's all late. Anyways cheers for not being a teenager anymore. Picture time!

oh and P.S. in terms of books, I recommend The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
mature.

I stopped when I figured out you couldn't prove your point and were going to argue that you didn't have to.
Burden of proof dude, one side always has to prove, the other side always has to disprove, I positively established that you gotta prove, so now we can actually debate the issue, k?

Me? Outclassed? Never?
j/k

Honestly though, I proved his argument was fallicious, unless he can establish I'm making an existential statement, he's gotta actually PROVE his point.

Basically it's the chewbacca defense, I provided a chain of logic, he's just repeating his claim, even though it was adressed without addressing the issues I raised.

Discrete mathmatics and logic theory is a valid argument, but somebody saying, "you're not debating the issue", even though it's fundamental to establishing burden of proof, is making the chewbacca defense.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You did no such thing.

Null hypothesis is that sheik's sex is indeterminate. The burden of proof of asserting femininity is equal to that of asserting masculinity.

If you disagree with that point, then you have proven yourself unworthy of debating.

Prove sheik is female, disprove sheik is male, admit that you cannot do either or drop it.

And whatever the case, stop bringing it up in the social thread.

Now on to more Zelda-ish stuff.

Sparkles, why do we love them?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What's with the advertisement in the thread title?

The first time I saw it, I thought an adbot had taken over Kataefi's account, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I just saw Bruno at the cinema >.< I almost wet myself!

edit:: yeah I'm gonna take the link down from the title, it does look like the adbots have invaded!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Books I would reccommend:

Jose Saramago - Blindness
James Frey - A Million Little Pieces
Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner
Virginia Woolf - A Room of One's Own.
Iris Murdoch - The Bell
Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar (might not appeal to all people)
Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart
Doris Pilkington - Rabbit Proof Fence
John Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men or Grapes of Wrath.
The Time Traveler's Wife (I hear)
Ray Bradbury - Farenheit 451 (His writing style can be overbearing at times, but he has a really good sense of the importance of subtle movements and actions).
Ernest Hemmingway - For whom the Bell Tolls (Again, so I hear. I like Hemmingway though. Lots of people don't)
Stephen King - The Shining
Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby
Catch 22
George Orwell - Animal Farm (dude is hilarious).

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Seeing as how we're on the subject of books (it was inevitable)... I'm going to aptly title this thread 'Oprah's book club' in reference to ninjalink banning me and sinking for, well, turning the chat into oprah's book club!, which shall now become true of this thread :D

Oprah says hi... :mad:

Books I would reccommend:

Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner
Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar (might not appeal to all people)
John Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men or Grapes of Wrath.
The Time Traveler's Wife (I hear)
Stephen King - The Shining
George Orwell - Animal Farm (dude is hilarious).
These are the ones I've read from your list sink - I definitely approve. I didn't actually know you liked Sylvia Plath... I think all her stuff is quite dark and grotty but reeeeally really good.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Oh no wait you didn't actually get banned - it was just me.. for about 5 minutes... then got unbanned. If you don't remember then :colorful:*hypnosis*:colorful:.................... you will now

have you finally finished a thousand splendid suns btw? Also... what happened to your art books, did they come through?

edit: I might as well come on the chat >.<

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Helllooooo

Haha kat most of them are here except two -- the Halo 3 art book and the Okami art book. Raaaa they're all so awesome. If you happen to be interested in textures and such, you might want to look up Ashley Woods.

I'm desperately waiting for the Okami one to get here.

DESPERATELY.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm so jealous of you right now.
I'm sooo excited. I considered downloading the book's torrent while I wait but I don't want to spoil it.

I was going to order the japanese version off otaku.com then I realized it was also published in English. You can imagine my joy when I realized I would be able to LOOK at the book ANNNNDDDD be able to READ it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Seeing as how we're on the subject of books (it was inevitable)... I'm going to aptly title this thread 'Oprah's book club' in reference to ninjalink banning me and sinking for, well, turning the chat into oprah's book club!, which shall now become true of this thread :D

Oprah says hi... :mad:

These are the ones I've read from your list sink - I definitely approve. I didn't actually know you liked Sylvia Plath... I think all her stuff is quite dark and grotty but reeeeally really good.

That picture of Oprah reminds me of something...

Oh... There it is.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Oprah's clearly not telling us she's snake in disguise.... could this be her SECRET!

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
I go to the beach for like a WEEK and look what you guys have done to this innocent thread.

What the ****.

I shall mourn the death of sensible conversation in the Zelda boards for a long, long time. T_T RIP Zelda Social TT_TT

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I go to the beach for like a WEEK and look what you guys have done to this innocent thread.

What the ****.

I shall mourn the death of sensible conversation in the Zelda boards for a long, long time. T_T RIP Zelda Social TT_TT
It's been overrun by useless sexual identity debates, mobs, and oprah pictures. How am I not surprised this is occuring in the Zelda social thread though? :laugh:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lost to ESAM (Pika/DK) 2-0
I forgot you're in ESAM's region. Did he go all Pika on you?

We're currently arguing how good he actually is on the Pika boards, lolol.

What the ****.
(hehe)

It's Hedgedawg's fault.

Yeah, I said it.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
So are we done with the 'Is Sheik male or female?' debate yet?

BTW, what do you guys think of Zelda's current position on the tier list? I used to think that it was too low, but as I learn more about her, I become more convinced that she's in the correct position at the moment. What do you guys think?

Oh, and also, I'm officially 16 today. :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
She's too high.

Usually I try to maintain a positive attitude, but Zelda really, really sucks.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion

BTW, what do you guys think of Zelda's current position on the tier list? I used to think that it was too low, but as I learn more about her, I become more convinced that she's in the correct position at the moment. What do you guys think?

She could be lower. Happy Birthday =D

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

Zelda sux, nuff said

happy birthday :bee:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I've seen a birthday cake like that IRL. (My sister works at a bakery/ice cream parlor.)

It was really cute.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I forgot you're in ESAM's region. Did he go all Pika on you?

We're currently arguing how good he actually is on the Pika boards, lolol.
If he went to Brinstar then he probably went DK
D=

Happy Birthday :)
And I'm not even sure about her placement to be honest.
Maybe 1 or 2 spots lower would be better.
She just doesn't have a lot of options most of the time :urg:
Predictable Zelda can be predictable

Sheik AND Zelda however is ****
:p

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Is it normal for lucario to spam aura sphere? I kept getting beat by it. I'm starting to get ticked at any projectile spam.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah... for any character with a subpar projectile (or none at all), learning how to perfect shield is a necessity since you can't counter-spam.

It's really not too hard to do, either, once you practice a bit. It's not auto-protection, but it helps a lot.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there's a 3-frame window in which you get a perfect shield. So if a hitbox will hit you on, for example, frame 10, shielding within frames 8-10 will give you a perfect one. It's definitely at least 3 frames..... maybe 4, but I highly doubt it.

Just your friendly neighborhood tester dropping by since I've been slacking lately. :urg:

Top Bottom