• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Yeah... for any character with a subpar projectile (or none at all), learning how to perfect shield is a necessity since you can't counter-spam.

It's really not too hard to do, either, once you practice a bit. It's not auto-protection, but it helps a lot.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there's a 3-frame window in which you get a perfect shield. So if a hitbox will hit you on, for example, frame 10, shielding within frames 8-10 will give you a perfect one. It's definitely at least 3 frames..... maybe 4, but I highly doubt it.

Just your friendly neighborhood tester dropping by since I've been slacking lately. :urg:
Yeah, it's 4 frames. In Melee, it was 2.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
thats all the lucarios i've fought except one.

i hate lucario w/ a passion:mad:
I wish I could keep my cool with projectile spam. I start cussing like a sailor, get agressive, and lose the match. It'd be nice to be more than "decent" with Zelda. I lose my temper a lot now for some reason and learn nothing from mistakes.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I wish I could keep my cool with projectile spam. I start cussing like a sailor, get agressive, and lose the match. It'd be nice to be more than "decent" with Zelda. I lose my temper a lot now for some reason and learn nothing from mistakes.
easy. just stop, sit, take a deap breath, then walk towards rollycario.

i've sat through enough projectile spam that its only the rolly part that goes with it that bothers me, 2/3 spacies spam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything rollycario can shoto out thankfully......

but yes i do want to punch them for shooting all day, but then i just pick fox and pew pew sideB and say "WHOS LAUGHING NAO!??" pew pew pew.....

/lucario hate

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
easy. just stop, sit, take a deap breath, then walk towards rollycario.

i've sat through enough projectile spam that its only the rolly part that goes with it that bothers me, 2/3 spacies spam>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything rollycario can shoto out thankfully......

but yes i do want to punch them for shooting all day, but then i just pick fox and pew pew sideB and say "WHOS LAUGHING NAO!??" pew pew pew.....

/lucario hate
Oh the rolling x_x I loathe rolling. Well I've got work to do =D
*practices perfect shielding*

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I forgot you're in ESAM's region. Did he go all Pika on you?

We're currently arguing how good he actually is on the Pika boards, lolol.
ESAM went pika in game one vs my Zelda, than DK since I was taking him to Brinstar. I royally screwed up in game two with Sheik but it's all good. He took 2nd, only losing to Seibrik (#1 in FL), but beating Nick Riddle, and Afro_Thundah (#8 & 2 in FL respectively) He is definitely legit. Ask him about ledgewarp spikes and vanish glides and he'll mention me lolol :laugh:. He's great though.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Random rant:

Mexico won the Golden Cup against U.S. >: D

5-0

Yay! ^_^
Ignore pl0x

PS:: I'm also happy because I went into shopping rampage mode & bought a lot of beautiful new clothes *o*

Going to the mall is <3

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda's curent position? eh. it's about right. She could move up a spot or two.... but she could move down a spot or two too

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's only like 1/15 of a second, isn't it? I can't do it at all. (Yes, I suck so bad...)
Hehe, perfect shielding gets much easier with practice, trust me. Sometimes it's a little bit about prediction for faster moves..... I'm slooowly getting better at perfect shielding Snake's ftilt.

EDIT: Well, I was slowly getting better at it. Past tense since I don't play anymore.

ESAM went pika in game one vs my Zelda, than DK since I was taking him to Brinstar. I royally screwed up in game two with Sheik but it's all good. He took 2nd, only losing to Seibrik (#1 in FL), but beating Nick Riddle, and Afro_Thundah (#8 & 2 in FL respectively) He is definitely legit. Ask him about ledgewarp spikes and vanish glides and he'll mention me lolol :laugh:. He's great though.
Yeah, ESAM is really talented. It's good to hear that he's doing so well! He submitted his results to the Pika tournament thread, but he doesn't contribute to the boards in general anymore, and I haven't been on AIM to talk to him lately. I was just curious about the details.

Glad to hear he finally beat his brother, lol.

Zelda's curent position? eh. it's about right. She could move up a spot or two.... but she could move down a spot or two too
I really disagree with her moving up.... but down one or two spots? That sounds about right.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I really disagree with her moving up.... but down one or two spots? That sounds about right.
the characters directly above her aren't too stellar either, however. She's in the right general area. Beyond that I rally can't be absolutely certain

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I... want music hacks! I really want someone to port the music hack code to PAL because I've made this brilliant SSBB playlist on my itunes with loads of okami music and other stuff and I'm dying to know when I can use them!

I'm also very excited that they may make midna in this game now due to project zero. Go to the workshop and check the project out, it's utterly amazing. I wonder if they'd make beatrix from FF9??? The possibilities!

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So, looking at the matchup thread in tactical... there aren't really any characters that completely shut down Sheik/Zelda as a team.

Sheik gets shut down by IC's, and Zelda by a few... but together they don't really have any unwinnable matchups.

I don't get it. :/

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So, looking at the matchup thread in tactical... there aren't really any characters that completely shut down Sheik/Zelda as a team.

Sheik gets shut down by IC's, and Zelda by a few... but together they don't really have any unwinnable matchups.

game and watch does very well against both. And niether Meta nor Peach are slouches either.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
don't forget Oli, its like peach w/ infinite downB
Oli is MUCH worse vs. zelda than peach... but I don't find him as bad for sheik. But, in niether case is shiek advantaged.

Toonie I think is also mutually bad, though a much more winable matchup than the others mentioned, and, also, marth.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Game and Watch doesn't shut down Sheik.. 60-40 is not shutting down... working against the odds? Yes... but still winnable.

I like how you guys have Oli as a 35 disadvantage, but he has you guys at like a 43 disadvantage. Don't know which to believe. XD

Peach goes 60-40 across for both sides except 55-45 Zelda, which again isn't shutting down the character.

I'm talking like Marth vs Zelda or Sheik vs IC shutting down.... where you should just not expect to win.

Also TL seems to go 50-50 across the board.

While I don't use the Sheik/Zelda thing in a match, if they do happen to pick a Sheik CP I do go Zelda because staying Sheik is simply stupid when you have down-B.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
being tilted by yourself is no fun, i'd switch too

i think the Olis are tyring to be nice to us, or none of them play the immoral game. its his adv no questions asked go sheik or cp.

i think toonie could be at worst 40:60 but it feels pretty even to me.

i hate marth, but not as much as rollycario, idk who i like being better in that matchup. but for IC i will be Zelda, or go JP.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

Sheik AND Zelda however is ****
:p
Yes

YES!
I like the way you think. I should start using them both more often now that I'm playing offline a bit more. Online Sheik is gay xD

OH and

I placed 9th at my first tourney ^__^
I could've done a bit better but I'm happy with it.
It had people like Kosk, who got 7th I think.
And one of the best players from Minnesota, for some reason lol
Plus Alberta's top players

I didn't use Zelda or Sheik though lmao
Sorry guys.
I used Zelda once in Low tiers and that's it :p

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yes

YES!
I like the way you think. I should start using them both more often now that I'm playing offline a bit more. Online Sheik is gay xD

OH and

I placed 9th at my first tourney ^__^
I could've done a bit better but I'm happy with it.
It had people like Kosk, who got 7th I think.
And one of the best players from Minnesota, for some reason lol
Plus Alberta's top players

I didn't use Zelda or Sheik though lmao
Sorry guys.
I used Zelda once in Low tiers and that's it :p
Ooh congrats, even though you didnt use Zelda/Sheik lolol

Who did you use? Samus?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Game and Watch doesn't shut down Sheik.. 60-40 is not shutting down... working against the odds? Yes... but still winnable.

I like how you guys have Oli as a 35 disadvantage, but he has you guys at like a 43 disadvantage. Don't know which to believe. XD

Peach goes 60-40 across for both sides except 55-45 Zelda, which again isn't shutting down the character.

I'm talking like Marth vs Zelda or Sheik vs IC shutting down.... where you should just not expect to win.

Also TL seems to go 50-50 across the board.

While I don't use the Sheik/Zelda thing in a match, if they do happen to pick a Sheik CP I do go Zelda because staying Sheik is simply stupid when you have down-B.
yeah, but 70:30 on one and 60:40 on the other is pretty **** good.

Oli is more than a 60:40 disadvantage for us.

peach goes 60:40 against us... both of us.

marth beats zelda, and is not threatened overmuch by sheik either.

A zelda who says toon link is 50:50 seems not to have played a good toon link. Seriously, look at the reasons we have PEACH listed as a bad matchup and consider the fact that toonie is better in those ways.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ok I havent been home for a couple days so....

Why is the title Oprah's Book Club lol

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
10thousandsadfaces
Why would you write that when your post was about 50 chars?

Hahaha.

Anyway it's called Oprah's Book Club because Lythium asked for a decent book to read and we (well, Kat and I) started talking about books -- None of which had anything to do with Oprah. (well, some of them are actually in Oprah's book club...)

But anyway, you know Kat : )

Any chance he can get to include a picture of Oprah...

sasook

Smash Champion
Haven't to this thread in a few days:

Anyway GT, who is going? Who is not?
I went, it was my first tourney ever.

And as I already told you, GT ftw!
I think I saw you, I wasn't sure.

This petty fight is just as unjustifiable as the Link main's hatred for toon link.
lol

I go to the beach for like a WEEK and look what you guys have done to this innocent thread.

What the ****.

I shall mourn the death of sensible conversation in the Zelda boards for a long, long time. T_T RIP Zelda Social TT_TT
I know right? I know how you feel xD

Oh, and also, I'm officially 16 today. :)
Happy birthday.

Oh shi..... my bad:

HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY, MOUNTAIN_TIGER!!!
I quoted this just to see what it looked like. O_O

Gotta go for now, first-time-tourney-story coming later. I'll put up some suspense - I fought Ninjalink in a tourney set.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I already saw the results lol no suspense there! If I had known anyone there it would have been so much better. I went with my friend Fatal who took 2nd.

I'm sorry I didn't see anyone who went from this board... but to be honest it was one of THE most uncomfortable venues I have ever been in, and they were way to ambitious. I had to leave before singles because it took over 6 hours to run the two side events... Le sigh... I wanted to talk to NL too but he is very quiet and I am shy so it didn't work out lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Why don't you play anymore?
Got bored with the game. Not enough time to practice. Tired of the community (not the Pikas or the Zeldas, moreso the community overall). I dunno, there're a lot of reasons, but mainly I just want to try something new.

I wanted to talk to NL too but he is very quiet and I am shy so it didn't work out lol.
Next time you're at a tournament with him, you should say hi. He's a very nice guy.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Kaylo switch to tekken! Also... how did you get that gradient text????

Zeldspazz did you post your details in this thread? I honestly can't seem to remember - I swear this thread has moved a lot faster than I expected.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo switch to tekken! Also... how did you get that gradient text????
I've been considering Blazblue, actually.... but I don't have a PS3 or a 360 yet (I want a PS3), so I'd have no way to practice. That or I might try to get into the Melee scene around here since it's generally more laid-back than Brawl. People get into fights and drama over Brawl.... the Melee community in PA doesn't seem to have that nearly as much.

Also, my gradient skills are a secret. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Or give you this web site (make sure to set it to "BBCode" on the right side):

http://www.umop.net/sfx.htm

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
This is AMAZING! technology's advancing so fast!

Blazblue looks okay... =p I don't know... I think the fighter noises and all the grunts and huffs and puffs they make etc etc really grate on me!

sasook

Smash Champion
I already saw the results lol no suspense there! If I had known anyone there it would have been so much better. I went with my friend Fatal who took 2nd.
Lol, I wasn't worried about placing, I was too excited playing offline for the first time ever. Yeah, I have 0 offline brawl friends. I'm stuck to wifail.

I'm sorry I didn't see anyone who went from this board... but to be honest it was one of THE most uncomfortable venues I have ever been in, and they were way to ambitious. I had to leave before singles because it took over 6 hours to run the two side events... Le sigh... I wanted to talk to NL too but he is very quiet and I am shy so it didn't work out lol.
I wish I knew you were going, I would have met you. =/

Anyways, when I got there I met up with these 2 Link players, Kirinblaze and M4ge, who were expecting me, and I pretty much hung with them. I met/saw a LOT of cool people, NL, Snakeee, Ryko, Jash, Vex, there are more but I don't feel like typing them lol.

So yeah, sorry to say guys, I didn't use Zelda outside of friendlies this tourney. I went Link for the most part. I entered low tier singles, low tier doubles, and regular singles. LT singles, first round, I was up against Ninjalink. Lol, I did well against his Ike, got him down to one stock, decent percent. He was probably sandbagging though. Then I CP'd Delfino and he went Jiggz, and that was lolrape. He even saved me at one point. And..

Next time you're at a tournament with him, you should say hi. He's a very nice guy.
This. He was so friendly. He didn't mind that I wasn't entirely sure about the striking/banning process or anything, he just guided me through it. And he is amazing with...everyone. I saw his Lucas and uh...I need to learn more about Lucas. lol

Anyways, I got a bye in losers, then was up against my friend Kirin. We Link ditto'd, which were a ton of fun, but he knocked me out of LT singles. LT doubles was lolrape. I was teamed with M4ge, we were both Link. First match we lost to... I forget, I think PGN and someone? Second match was against Atomsk and Vex. So that was quick. Regular singles, I was up against Mintyflesh first round, he's a really good Marth. I knew not to go Zelda from what I've read, so I tried Link but I've always struggled against Marth. Lost both rounds. Minty's really good with Marth, IMO.

Then I was in losers, against ChaosMarth.. -__-. Lol, and he knows the Link matchup like the back of his hand since he plays M4ge a lot. I lost the first round on Lylat with Link, and it was on livestream. I lived to 232% my first stock, I was DIing like a beast. Still, I lost, and figured maybe I would try ZSS. Used her, CP'd Castle Siege, but he won that one too.

So, all in all, no tourney set wins, but *shrug* I had a blast tbh. I didn't care about placing at all, I was having too much fun. Playing offline >>>>>>>>>>> wifi, I'm so glad I finally got to experience it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I've been considering Blazblue, actually.... but I don't have a PS3 or a 360 yet (I want a PS3), so I'd have no way to practice. That or I might try to get into the Melee scene around here since it's generally more laid-back than Brawl. People get into fights and drama over Brawl.... the Melee community in PA doesn't seem to have that nearly as much.

Also, my gradient skills are a secret. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Or give you this web site (make sure to set it to "BBCode" on the right side):

http://www.umop.net/sfx.htm
This is AMAZING! technology's advancing so fast!

Blazblue looks okay... =p I don't know... I think the fighter noises and all the grunts and huffs and puffs they make etc etc really grate on me!
RAINBOW!

I didn't even read your posts, I just looked at the pretty colors
xD
lmao

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
If only we could get rainbow gradient textures for Zelda and add a discoball effect or something. She's be so hard to look at. Mind games.

Top Bottom