• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Puddin

Smash Lord
I was referring to the quotes listed in the description in the 8v8 steam group.

Specifically with how one sided things may seem.
Essentially that's the point they're driving if you go by those quotes.
360 user (me) doesn't have the 8v8 mod.

But nevertheless I still don't get why Valve doesn't want the Survivors to have a chance, especially since they were addressing the issue of Rage Quitting (something they obviously are against,) and all this is doing is giving the survivors more incentive to rage quit.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
No, they aren't. I guess you didn't read what I said.
I'm well aware of incendiary ammunition's supposed "rarity," and its limit of one clip. Even so, it tips the balance far too heavily in the Survivors' favor. On top of this, incendiary ammo makes an appearance in nearly every gameplay video of Left 4 Dead 2, so far. It doesn't look that rare.

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
I personally like the mods that beef up the SI, like the 8v8 mods to the smoker. I've seen another mod where the smoker smoke hurts the survivors, and I think that should be added to L4d. It allows smokers to block hallways or damage survivors, and I think that in normal l4d smokers are very underpowered without a good team. I would also like to see boomer vile do a little damage to players, 1-3 damage depending on how the boomer gets him. I always feel so frustrated when I only manage to get one survivor who gets in a corner and the other three are free to mow down the CI as the CI don't target the three. I know none of the SI are very good by themselves, but at least the hunter can do some damage without perfect team coordination .

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm well aware of incendiary ammunition's supposed "rarity," and its limit of one clip. Even so, it tips the balance far too heavily in the Survivors' favor. On top of this, incendiary ammo makes an appearance in nearly every gameplay video of Left 4 Dead 2, so far. It doesn't look that rare.
How many vs gameplay vids are there?

Vyse: Sif! I demand invites next time you play 8v8! Get me on msn!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'd like to get invited to a game of Dead Aboard, or whatever that map was that was posted on the last page.

I also love the idea of Smokers hurting survivors when they die. Smokers are some of the best characters, but once you are out of your tongue power, what are you good for? Hiding.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Serris' Custom Campaign Directory
Helping you get more for your money.

All of this custom content comes personally recommended to you by me. Every item on this list has been screened for quality and accessibility. Incomplete campaigns will be updated as new information and downloads are released.

*NEW!* indicates a new campaign.
*UPDATE!* indicates a new update has been released for a campaign.
*ERROR!* indicates a custom campaign that causes issues with Crash Course. Disable it to restore normal functionality.

7 Hours Later
By AGRESSOR

5/5 Maps (100% Complete):
  • Forest
  • Bridge
  • Forest highway
  • Factory
  • Forest airport
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus

Back To School *ERROR!*
By romasm & 100_o/o_f@ke

3/5 Maps (60% Complete):
  • Forest
  • Train Station
  • Town
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

Coal'd Blood
By Hunter McJesus

4/4 Maps (100% Complete):
  • The Steam Vent
  • The Crevasse
  • The Elevator
  • Cliff Rescue
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus

Dam It!
By Tom "Irate" Baldry

1/1 Maps (100% Complete):
  • Dam It!
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign

Dead Before Dawn *NEW!* *ERROR!*
By Darth_Brush

5/6 Maps (83% Complete):
  • Citylights
  • Anna is gone
  • The mall
  • Clean up
  • A new dawn
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus

DeadCity
By ilcannibal

Campaign & Versus

Survival

• RiverSide City
  • Back Alley
  • Draw Bridge
  • Water Plant
  • Subway Station
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

Dead Meat
By Surgeon

• Dead Meat
Modes Supported:
  • Survival

Death Aboard
By Petter "Diputs" Hesse

• Prison
  • Prison Yard
  • Docks
  • Ship
  • Lighthouse
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

Dismember the Alamo
By ZapWizard

• Dismember the Alamo
Modes Supported:
  • Survival

Heaven Can Wait
By ROMKA & AGRESSOR

• AirCrash
  • RiverMotel
  • OutSkirts
  • CityHall
  • BombShelter
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign

Night Terror
By Cc_NIPPER and Dr. Boo

• Blockade
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Moria
  • Jungle Ruins
  • Wake
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus

Power Station
By cameraman-4

• powerstation 1
  • powerstation 2
  • powerstation 3
  • powerstation 4
  • powerstation 5
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign

Road Warriors
By ZAWMBIE

• Roadwarrior
Modes Supported:
  • Survival

Silent Fear
By Adam Sierra

• Silent Fear
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign

Suicide Blitz
By R.T. Frisk

• 1: The Apartment
  • 2: The Underground
  • 3: The Law
  • 4: The City
  • 5: The Stadium
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

Vienna Calling
By 44V Mapping

• Innere Stadt
  • Bahnhof
  • Nussdorf
  • Donauinsel
  • Donauturm
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Huah, I was just quoting something from the Steam group for it. I've never played it before.

My MSN should be in my post bit, add me you guys and we should 8v8 it up!

You both (Bowser and Mic) have my Steam anyway, so let's try and play tonight or something.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Serris, can you post how you install the mods? I kept getting errors. I will add that and your list to the first post.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Serris, can you post how you install the mods? I kept getting errors. I will add that and your list to the first post.
Oh, of course. Just extract the VPK to the following directory for manual install:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons

That last one is for 64-bit operating systems.

If you're still having problems, I suggest the official Steam forums. Other people have been having VPK installation errors as well, and I believe there was a solution in one of the threads. I'll look it up for you.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't remember exactly but you have to extract the files into an addon folder and then go into extras and then add-ons after you start up L4D. I'd tell you the whole file path myself but I'm not using my PC right now and this one is really slow and tends to crash when two or more web pages are up :ohwell:.

Off-topic: I'm on vacation in New York for the next three weeks . I was here for a week getting used to things so I didn't really get a chance to check my e-mails and stuff the only problem is
NO GAEMS
. I was just getting into looking for custom L4D maps too, I was playing Death Aboard and Dam It the day before I left and they were okay. Dam It really confused me once I got inside and all the dark narrow hallways made me motion sick so I didn't beat it and I got to the finale of Death Aboard but the AI [I was playing single player] decided to go into ****** mode when it was time to get on the boat so I didn't get to the end, I never rage quit so hard in my life.

Save me a spot in 8v8 L4D when I get back too, ya hear me?

4% APR

Smash Champion
death aboard is too good. If i didnt know any better i would think it was a legit campaign

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
death aboard is too good. If i didnt know any better i would think it was a legit campaign
I love it too, except that whenever I try to play it now it says that my "string table doesn't match" and I can't play :(. Does anyone else have this problem?

And I think boomers also need to recharge their bile faster, as it is better for boomers to kill themselves than to wait to recharge.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I love it too, except that whenever I try to play it now it says that my "string table doesn't match" and I can't play :(. Does anyone else have this problem?

And I think boomers also need to recharge their bile faster, as it is better for boomers to kill themselves than to wait to recharge.
that second point is debatable. I've seen my man hando pull out some crazy escapes and set up again and it seemed better than dying.

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I did delete the old version first, however I will try it again

I think boomer recharge takes at least 15-20 seconds (actual?), where as respawn takes 20-25 seconds with your choice of spawn locations, in front of the survivors instead of behind... If your teammate doesn't spawn boomer instead.

Has anyone seen this:
http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/l4d-sotf/news/16/survival-of-the-fittest/

It looks like it might be fun

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I've seen my man hando pull out some crazy escapes and set up again and it seemed better than dying.
I've seen people get boomer 8 times in a row. :p

Omg I miss playing with you guys! Someone kidnap me from work... Please?

The boomer thing wouldn't be bad if it did a little bit of damage. That makes the boomer a bigger threat if you can get away and survive to throw up again. Since he only has 50 health and one shot kills him, maybe he should do a little but more than just making players go blind. I'm not saying a lot, but maybe like 2 damage... It also works with Valve trying to **** the survivors at every turn anyway... Why not make everything about the special infected damaging.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I've seen people get boomer 8 times in a row. :p

Omg I miss playing with you guys! Someone kidnap me from work... Please?

The boomer thing wouldn't be bad if it did a little bit of damage. That makes the boomer a bigger threat if you can get away and survive to throw up again. Since he only has 50 health and one shot kills him, maybe he should do a little but more than just making players go blind. I'm not saying a lot, but maybe like 2 damage... It also works with Valve trying to **** the survivors at every turn anyway... Why not make everything about the special infected damaging.
New update, looking directly at any Special Infected instantly kills every Survivor, Valves reasoning behind this? "We want the game to be intense and fast, I mean REALLY fast, we don't even want the Survivors to have any fun, also a joke about Gabe Newell's weight"

Has anyone noticed the new survivors having different colored clothes in almost every video we see them in? I don't know if it's just the lighting but I swear I've seen Rochelle in a Pink shirt AND a Yellow shirt, and Coach in a different color shirt as well.

Oh yeah, and I feel like I should point out that a lot of the voice actors for Left 4 Dead have done work with Half-Life and Team Fortress 2, and the women that voices Zoey also voices the English Princess Peach in every Mario game. Cool stuff, at least I think so.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
New update, looking directly at any Special Infected instantly kills every Survivor, Valves reasoning behind this? "We want the game to be intense and fast, I mean REALLY fast, we don't even want the Survivors to have any fun, also a joke about Gabe Newell's weight"

Has anyone noticed the new survivors having different colored clothes in almost every video we see them in? I don't know if it's just the lighting but I swear I've seen Rochelle in a Pink shirt AND a Yellow shirt, and Coach in a different color shirt as well.

Oh yeah, and I feel like I should point out that a lot of the voice actors for Left 4 Dead have done work with Half-Life and Team Fortress 2, and the women that voices Zoey also voices the English Princess Peach in every Mario game. Cool stuff, at least I think so.
Zoey's voice actor also voices Cortana from the Halo series and Lt. Stokes in F.E.A.R. 2.

4% APR

Smash Champion
ladybug, are the plushies in your sig ones you have? I would love to see a navi pushie it would be so funny looking

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Vyse, Bowser, been away the last couple of evenings >.< Should hopefully be on tomorow.

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
@boomer vile dmg-

Sounds like the spitter. Amirite?
hmmm, not sure. I thought of the boomer idea before l4d2, and I meant it more as a concession for good boomers with bad teams. The spitter ( and that berserk charger thing) are more meant to break up campers, especially at crescendo points.

And I tried to delete death aboard and reinstall it to no avail

Handorin

Smash Hero
hmmm, not sure. I thought of the boomer idea before l4d2, and I meant it more as a concession for good boomers with bad teams. The spitter ( and that berserk charger thing) are more meant to break up campers, especially at crescendo points.

And I tried to delete death aboard and reinstall it to no avail
the thing is, when you install it, it installs the old AND new versions. So you have to go in your addons folder and remove the old one.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
the thing is, when you install it, it installs the old AND new versions. So you have to go in your addons folder and remove the old one.
And if you keep trying to not delete the old one, know this:

Both Death Aboard 6.0 and Death Aboard 6.1 share the same mapnames, leading to a conflict when attempting to load either version. This is a String Table Error.

It occurs when you have a version of the map that's conflicted with itself or a server's. Delete 6.0.

Serris'd.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
ladybug, are the plushies in your sig ones you have? I would love to see a navi pushie it would be so funny looking
Actually they are ones I'm making. So if anyone wants anything, let me know. :) I've finished the yoshi and the Kirby and am almost done with the Waddle. I am tempted to make the L4D hand though... Just so I can slap people with it. :p But I'm making them for people, so request something if you're interested.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Actually they are ones I'm making. So if anyone wants anything, let me know. :) I've finished the yoshi and the Kirby and am almost done with the Waddle. I am tempted to make the L4D hand though... Just so I can slap people with it. :p But I'm making them for people, so request something if you're interested.
King Dedede.

I have Kirby and Metaknight.
:)

Also, I like Death Toll the most, though I can't really tell which is the most balanced campaign. Probably No Mercy (Because the finale isn't homo).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Death Toll finale has to be the most unbalanced one there is. It just turns into a giant campfest in the water and the tank can't approach at all.

No mercy is the best one IMO, but I like dead air despite the finale being a little unfair until a tank comes.

4% APR

Smash Champion
how much would they cost? I would love a waddle or a gordo

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Do you do overseas shipping :p

Related to l4d: Best versus map?
haha its definitely the Coal'd blood map lmao right serris? 4%? smoker pulls in every direction haha

Also i have discovered something that some of you might know about but most of you probably don't... there is a survival server called love2kill.com on that survival server you can create barricades with the binded keys you have its soooo fun lol so if any of you ever want to check out this server type into console without quotation marks "connect love2kill.com" and it will find you a game from that website or server or whatever.. but don't get too excited over it.. u make too many things you can crash it and changing survival maps sometimes ****s up and you gotta exit to main menu... so yeah i thought i would tell you all that

Top Bottom