• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
New user-created L4D2 DLC headed to PC, Mac, Xbox

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/17/new-user-created-l4d2-dlc-headed-to-pc-mac-xbox/

Valve has announced that the next batch of Left 4 Dead 2 DLC will include a user-created campaign known as "Cold Stream." Created by Matthew Lourdelet -- known for his "2 Evil Eyes" campaign -- the as yet unfinished Cold Stream campaign will begin community testing within the "next few weeks."

As an added bonus, the DLC will also contain three campaigns from Left 4 Dead 1: Death Toll, Dead Air and Blood Harvest (L4D1's No Mercy campaign was included as part of L4D2's 'The Sacrifice' DLC).
Yay! More DLC for L4D2! (I wish L4D1 got this much support...........)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
One can only hope they finally fix the glaring bugs in Swamp Fever and address Hard Rain's design flaws in Versus Mode. After all, it's only been 478 days...

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Now L4D1 is 100% obsolete...wish I never bought the game since L4D2 is wayyyyy better than it.
Well it had a pretty good run. Still is pretty fun though, unless they decide to remake all the campaigns in L4D2.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well it had a pretty good run. Still is pretty fun though, unless they decide to remake all the campaigns in L4D2.
Someone didn't read all of F8al's post.

"As an added bonus, the DLC will also contain three campaigns from Left 4 Dead 1: Death Toll, Dead Air and Blood Harvest (L4D1's No Mercy campaign was included as part of L4D2's 'The Sacrifice' DLC). "

I want to know why it's taken them so long to add community maps, sepecially since they'd been doing 'featured community maps' on the L4D website for quite a while.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Someone didn't read all of F8al's post.

"As an added bonus, the DLC will also contain three campaigns from Left 4 Dead 1: Death Toll, Dead Air and Blood Harvest (L4D1's No Mercy campaign was included as part of L4D2's 'The Sacrifice' DLC). "

I want to know why it's taken them so long to add community maps, sepecially since they'd been doing 'featured community maps' on the L4D website for quite a while.
Someone also forgot Crash Course and The Last Stand.

People gettin snarky over vidyagames

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
What bugs in Swamp Fever?

Mad about Chargers/elevator ****?
No, mad about the plane crescendo event being easy to skip, the ferry on the first map killing all Infected players upon activation, giving the Survivors full map distance and leaving them unable to respawn temporarily, and the finale door exploding immediately and spawning three tanks at once. The last two don't occur on locally hosted games, but they pop up repeatedly on dedicated servers. They don't happen if Swamp Fever is played on a locally-hosted server because the data is cleared when you go back into the lobby, but for some reason, if the server's been running other campaigns or Swamp Fever's already been completed once, they'll start happening. If you think I'm making this up, try the Steam forums. This is a hot button issue there.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Idk, I still have x2 hours in L4D1 over L4D2 and I still enjoy both.

Even when those campaigns are released, I'll still play L4D1 since I like the limited weaponry/special infected.

Idk, with less to use, the same strategies get practiced more and it's something about it that I enjoy. Knowing that at X spot, you should expect 2 hunters, a smoker and a boomer (or 3 hunters if spawn manipulating) to do Y.

But either way I enjoy both games equally. Thinking about trying to join a clan or something lol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Someone also forgot Crash Course and The Last Stand.
Did forget Crash course, but not Last Stand. That's not a campaign (and I'm not sure it's canon either)

Vyse: You've got me on Steam, give me a yell next time you play, haven't played in a while :D

Top Bottom