• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Actually, I never had in mind to pollute Hyrule. They were working technologically towards an environmentally-friendly world, when it all went haywire and collapsed. Even out of what seemed good, bad can still happen.

The Deep Sea Mining Facility was heavily conducted by Zoras, and they would most definitely NOT want it polluting their waters at all. No pollution.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
IMO Deku's are racist agianst Gorons.

...Because we all know grass pokemon beats rock.
...And that has everything to do with what's being discussed...?

Seriously. I have the "Report Post" page open in another tab, I'm still thinking about what I should do here.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Vorguen, you know how I feel about you. Only your being a dude 10 states away from me keeps us apart. But don't just throw out ridiculous stuff in a serious thread like this. I will report you myself. Of course, if you have a serious, well thought out idea to suggest, the ears are all open here. But this thread is serious.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well, the technology was not intended to pollute of course, but since the mining facility only halfway works now, there is nothing to harvest the little trickles of oil that spill out from parts of the machine. Now think, would this happening over centuries eventually begin to pollute the water? Yes, of course it would. My theory is that the Zoras managed to hold off the oil from spreading by closing it off with an underwater cemented wall. A giant particle-eating fish could have also been turned upon the facility to actually eat the pollutants in the water, and they planned for the poor creature then to die. However, eating all those pollutants (not just oil, but things like acid from the seawater combining with the corroding machinery) has given this fish sustained life, however, this was achieved by mutation of the fish's molecules through eating the otherwise toxic pollutants. Now, yes, there are pollutants at the bottom of the Selepria Sea, as the facility was abandoned after the Zoras had to migrate elsewhere during the 2 year storm, when the waters of Selepria were nigh impossible to navigate, even for Zoras, for a full two years.

This left the machinery the mining facility was composed of damaged, and supposedly inactive. Saying that there is an abandoned mining facility that doesn't pollute the water is highly unlikely, and I devised this scenario so it would make more sense.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Seeing that there is no idea for what the Snowpeak Temple idea should be, I've thought of 2 ideas.

Snowpeak Temple: The whole village of Snowpeak has remained the same but the temple meanwhile, has been overturned by an avalanche or blizzard, whichever you guys prefer. The yetis have tried to fix it by manual labor and haven't succeded so they want to send you inside the temple to see what's the problem. So you'll explore the temple meanwhile it's upside-down and parts of it are in ruins.

What'll make this temple unique (and idk if this has been used before in any LoZ dungeon) is that you can explore the temple with it being upside-down, on its side, or right-side up by using the weapon you'll find in the temple. I can see it being a battering ram that besides attacking enemies, you'll hit certain weakpoints found throughout the temple that'll change how it stands.

Village Elder's Mind: We have been inside something before for a temple, but never in their mind. The yetis, being the comedic characters they are, believe that their village is under attack by an evil spirt that is causing a bad blizzard because the village elder is having a bad dream. So a yeti inventor creates a machine that'll transport you in the elder's mind to stop this. Unfortunately, there's a time limit for the machine so you have to beat the dungeon in the amount of time.

To further push the comedy, the elder's dream makes no sense. You'll see flying Gorons, good guys being the bad guys, and other strange stuff there. So to help figure out WTF is going on, you'll find the Lens of Truth. So when you defeat the "boss" with the lens and leave the elder's mind, he wakes up...the blizzard is still going on. So you'll go the Snowpeak Graveyard where the blizzard is coming from and you'll find an invisible yeti spirit who is the true boss. He's having anger issues so he's taking it out on his former village by causing the storm. When you defeat him, he'll feel much better by taking his anger out on you, and go back to rest.

So, thoughts?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Personally, I think the "boss" should be the midboss, and there should be another section of the dungeon within one of the graves that leads to the disturbed spirit causing the blizzard, but not a long section. We want the majority of the dungeon to be inside the dream, correct? The question is: why is the spirit disturbed? Perhaps the Yeti elder secretly stole an ancient, valuable treasure inside of the spirit's grave and didn't confess until after the dungeon is completed. The treasure is the reward for completing the midboss, the Yeti's Staff (beta name?), which allows the boss room to rotate by hitting weakpoints in the room and of course, should have some other specific power (not sure yet). After defeating the boss, he agrees to let Link keep the Staff since he has earned it with his victory.

And what happens if the time limit runs out, game over?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Before I say anything, I just want to say that I ike the Elder's Mind dungeon better. This LoZ needs a good dosage of lulz along with its seriousness.

Personally, I think the "boss" should be the midboss, and there should be another section of the dungeon within one of the graves that leads to the disturbed spirit causing the blizzard, but not a long section. We want the majority of the dungeon to be inside the dream, correct? The question is: why is the spirit disturbed? Perhaps the Yeti elder secretly stole an ancient, valuable treasure inside of the spirit's grave and didn't confess until after the dungeon is completed. The treasure is the reward for completing the midboss, the Yeti's Staff (beta name?), which allows the boss room to rotate by hitting weakpoints in the room and of course, should have some other specific power (not sure yet). After defeating the boss, he agrees to let Link keep the Staff since he has earned it with his victory.

Yeah, I like this.

Just to make things simpler, what if we replaced the Yeti inventor with Gor Akua?

Mewter

Smash Master
Before I say anything, I just want to say that I ike the Elder's Mind dungeon better. This LoZ needs a good dosage of lulz along with its seriousness.
Lol. Agreed.
Yeah, I like this.

Just to make things simpler, what if we replaced the Yeti inventor with Gor Akua?
Nah, they can be buddies.:laugh:

No, but seriously.

XACE-K

Smash Master

1. The "boss" is the mid-boss, that's why it's in quotation marks. The person should think the dungeon's over meanwhile it isn't.

2. I haven't really thought of why it's distrbed. I just thought of a dungeon and just gave some details about what's revolving around it.

3. Yes, when the time limit runs out, it's game over.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey guys!

I'm back from my hiatus of inactivity, so I'll get to work on updating the OP, commenting on your work, etc. as soon as possible. For your viewing pleasure, I cooked up some concept art of a post-apocalyptic Termina, known as The Great Skylands:

I did not make this with the project in mind, as it would outright contradict the timeline, but if you guys can figure out a way to make it fit in, be my guest. I'd love to hear it.

For the record, this vision of Termina is based in the Adult Timeline, where Link never saved it.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I'm back from my hiatus of inactivity, so I'll get to work on updating the OP, commenting on your work, etc. as soon as possible. For your viewing pleasure, I cooked up some concept art of a post-apocalyptic Termina, known as The Great Skylands:

I did not make this with the project in mind, as it would outright contradict the timeline, but if you guys can figure out a way to make it fit in, be my guest. I'd love to hear it.

For the record, this vision of Termina is based in the Adult Timeline, where Link never saved it.
"Amazing. Truly beautiful... The perfect vision of post-apocalyptic Termina." -T_M

I give it 5 Stars all the way. It expresses the destruction Termina underwent without it being a barren wasteland. It's tragic, and scenic at the same time. Good job!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Yeah, I love the art also, Spire. Can't quite think of how to fit it into the story, but maybe we can later.

I don't want to sound rude, but... If we can't think of any way to fit it in, we should just leave it be. We can probably use it for a future project, if we continue when we're finished with this, but I don't want the idea to seem forced just because the art is so frucking epic.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
1. The "boss" is the mid-boss, that's why it's in quotation marks. The person should think the dungeon's over meanwhile it isn't.

2. I haven't really thought of why it's distrbed. I just thought of a dungeon and just gave some details about what's revolving around it.

3. Yes, when the time limit runs out, it's game over.
1. I figured that, just wanted to confirm it.

2. So, are we using my idea for why the spirit was disturbed? If we can think up a better one, I'm open to new ideas!

3. Of course. I expected that.

I agree, Clownbot. The question is: will we begin another project when this is completed? Or is it too soon to ask? If we did, the apocalyptic Termina would be excellent.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to apologize for my lack of updates and ideas of late. It has been a rather grueling few days: where food had dwindled down to three cans of baked beans and a box of cookies, I had an appointment with my T-shirt man, I had to fix the holes in my walls, and I had to paint my bathroom to name a few bits of my conundrum. It has been a crippling week for creative thinking. I also sadly lost a few days work of a creature I was modelling for just this occasion... which is a lesson to me to save my progress, but also left me very depressed.

Tomorrow wont be any better, I dont think, but inthe days AFTER tomorrow, I will have a nice pretty picture for you! And maybe in the next weeks, I will have a 3D model of a creature for the project... maybe an octorok?

Also... perhaps the picture could be... something to do with Oocoos? Since... you know, it's in the sky and all.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Also... perhaps the picture could be... something to do with Oocoos? Since... you know, it's in the sky and all.
By saying "in the sky", you are referring to Spire III's apocalyptic Termina concept art, right? Honestly, Oocoo's aren't necessary for Termina's post-apocalyptic world. Oocoos just don't have the personality to inhabit the barren remains of a destroyed kingdom, even if it does appear to be floating in the sky.

A new design for Octoroks would be great, though. We're in need of enemy design.

XACE-K

Smash Master
2. So, are we using my idea for why the spirit was disturbed? If we can think up a better one, I'm open to new ideas!
Well idk what idea we can use, but this is a new idea I have in mind.

Besides the godesses of Hyrule, the Yetis have another god for who they credit of founding Snowpeak. Every year, they perform a ritual for worshipping him and whatever weapon you'll find in the dungeon which they preserved. The elder decided to keep the weapon in his home for protection instead of leaving it in the Yeti Graveyard like it always has because he believes someone in the village might steal it. So the spirit is angered that the elder is breaking tradition so he causes the blizzard on the village and gaives the elder the nightmare which is the dungeon.

And Spire, I like the drawing. Maybe there could be some portal that can transport you to the new Terminia after completing a sidequest
although that sounds cliche.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well idk what idea we can use, but this is a new idea I have in mind.

Besides the godesses of Hyrule, the Yetis have another god for who they credit of founding Snowpeak. Every year, they perform a ritual for worshipping him and whatever weapon you'll find in the dungeon which they preserved. The elder decided to keep the weapon in his home for protection instead of leaving it in the Yeti Graveyard like it always has because he believes someone in the village might steal it. So the spirit is angered that the elder is breaking tradition so he causes the blizzard on the village and gaives the elder the nightmare which is the dungeon.

And Spire, I like the drawing. Maybe there could be some portal that can transport you to the new Terminia after completing a sidequest
although that sounds cliche.
I dig mang, I dig. I read your other posts about this shaman guy and I'm liking him. Maybe you should actually come up with a backstory to him, draw him (or get Zaneeba to draw him - I'm positive he could draw a wonderful Yeti as that is his forté), and fully bake him into a presentable character. I'm really interested to see how this goes.

And speaking of the "mental dungeon" that you came up with - it reminds me of a dungeon that I was planning for an Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion "Zelda mod" where you get trapped in the Happy Mask Salesman's mind. So I totally understand where you're coming from and I support.

Maybe the shaman has been alive for a very long time, living through the techno-collapse of Hyrule, and so entering his mind as a dungeon to help defeat the curse he is plagued with will help him remember some important details about the past so that you may further your journey on the right path.

But no, this Termina really can't be a part of it. It was created as a post-apocalyptic world based in the Adult Timeline when Link never saved it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Question: Does anyone have any ideas for how we're going to design dungeons? I was thinking we could simply draw the maps in Photoshop or something and label where the enemies, switches, pots, etc. are, or we could design 3-D models. Or we could do both, but that may take an unreasonable amount of work.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Question: Does anyone have any ideas for how we're going to design dungeons? I was thinking we could simply draw the maps in Photoshop or something and label where the enemies, switches, pots, etc. are, or we could design 3-D models. Or we could do both, but that may take an unreasonable amount of work.
How awesome would it be to actually make the dungeons in 3D, let alone the characters and entire world? I assure you, if I got my hands on a proper program, I would be on that immediately. We could almost completely legitimize this project by doing so.

I was thinking of making an animated film, but we definitely do not have the proper resources to do so - at least not currently. What we do have is devotion and love for the project, so that alone can drive us to lengths unimaginable.

And one more thing -- we need to start developing a story. I'll leave it right there.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The story must give Link reasons to visit each dungeon, not just to do random acts of kindness.

Since it takes place after TP, we're going to have to build off of TP's ending for the storyline -- for example, where the Master Sword is, who has the Triforce, etc. The problem is that it's hard to say who receives the Triforce of Power at the end of TP.

I just read the article about the Errant, and honestly, I like the idea, but the character itself contradicts TP in two ways:

1) How can the Hero of Time still possess the Triforce of Courage if TP Link has it?

2) The Hero of Time's shadow (the spirit that teaches Hidden Skills) is in TP.

And personally, I disagree with the fact that the Hero of Time would misuse the Ocarina of Time.

The Errant should be the Link of the other parallel timeline. A group of scientists could accidentally open a door that leads between the dimensions... hey, what if we based the storyline on that?

A group of scientists accidentally open a door to the parallel timeline. By doing this, they allow the Link from that timeline to enter their world...

Thoughts?

Spire

III
BRoomer
The story must give Link reasons to visit each dungeon, not just to do random acts of kindness.

Since it takes place after TP, we're going to have to build off of TP's ending for the storyline -- for example, where the Master Sword is, who has the Triforce, etc. The problem is that it's hard to say who receives the Triforce of Power at the end of TP.

I just read the article about the Errant, and honestly, I like the idea, but the character itself contradicts TP in two ways:

1) How can the Hero of Time still possess the Triforce of Courage if TP Link has it?

2) The Hero of Time's shadow (the spirit that teaches Hidden Skills) is in TP.

And personally, I disagree with the fact that the Hero of Time would misuse the Ocarina of Time.

The Errant should be the Link of the other parallel timeline. A group of scientists could accidentally open a door that leads between the dimensions... hey, what if we based the storyline on that?

A group of scientists accidentally open a door to the parallel timeline. By doing this, they allow the Link from that timeline to enter their world...

Thoughts?
How many times has that happened? "A group of scientists accidentally open a door to another dimension". That's as cliché as Lisa Frank.

Perhaps he didn't abuse the Ocarina, rather The Goddesses used its power to warp Link to the future.

And here's how those two points you wrote about are fixed:

1. I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the thread we established that the new Link has the Triforce of Courage. The Errant post is just about as old as this thread.

2. We've established the The Errant is sent back to his time at the end of this story, so he can live out his life til the end, where he then becomes the Hero's Shade.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Well, we could legitimize it by making 3D models, animating them, then compiling them into a game (Which I would gladly do if my confounded software would turn off everytime I am half-way done with a model)... But Nintendo is a very angry company. If they find out that we made our own Zelda game, they will be on us like ugly on an ape!

Nintendo is not a friend to the fan-base in most cases.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well, we could legitimize it by making 3D models, animating them, then compiling them into a game (Which I would gladly do if my confounded software would turn off everytime I am half-way done with a model)... But Nintendo is a very angry company. If they find out that we made our own Zelda game, they will be on us like ugly on an ape!

Nintendo is not a friend to the fan-base in most cases.
Hey, that fact that Nintendo would even acknowledge the fact that we made our own game would be pretty cool. It'd be so epic if one morning Miyamoto stumbled across this thread and decided to run with it, and pay us for the copyright of our game!.... *sigh* I can dream, can't I?

But in actuality, in recent years Nintendo has been becoming more and more money driven, and have begun ignoring the fans. I think WW was the last Zelda game they made with the fan's enjoyment in mind. The ones they make now are to stop the steady flow of letters they get from pissed-off 10-year-olds complaining that there haven't been any new Zelda games in 3 months. But I think we should still go with the actual game thing. It sounds cool. The worst Nintendo could do is write us off as a couple o' youngins with a crazy dream and issue a cease and desist like with fan-made Chrono games. Not to mention, the creators of Chrono Resurrection weren't even using an original plot, which is what we've got. Unfortunately, I have no experience in 3-D computer modeling or music composition, so I couldn't help on the actual game in itself, but I can always keep cranking out one idea after another. Wow, this reply is longer than I thought it would be.

Darkurai

Smash Master
So sorry to barge in like this, but I was wondering if there was room in here for Termina? I've devoted a lot of time to thinking about Majora's Mask, so I believe I can manage to fit it in here if you allowed me.

If not, I suppose I could do something with Holodrum.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Now that you bring up music composition, Toon Marth, that reminds me of when I composed an original Kakariko Village theme and some dungeon music for a project I started but never finished.

I'd be delighted to share them, but I have some remixing to do first.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe Termina can be the subject of our second project, but we have enough on our hands as it is.

Holodrum needs some Scott-like love.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Maybe Termina can be the subject of our second project, but we have enough on our hands as it is.

Holodrum needs some Scott-like love.
Do you mind if I do Holodrum? Seasons was one of my favorite games.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Today I am modelling a Dead Hand. These models take days to make, so dont expect anything great and fabulous until it is finished. So far I only have a rough sketch of the face:

His skull has no eyes, which is what I was aiming for. His eyes will be trapped behind his skull, so therefore he had to drill holes into his face in order to see. You will see it later. Like the other Dead Hands, he has no actual arms, save for the ones that jut from the ground.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I agree. Save Termina for later, and we have to use your post-apocalyptic idea, Spire.
Maybe. That'd be another future project which might feel redundant. I was thinking that after this, we actually do a Toon game. I'd love to draw some Toon Zelda characters. It's very stylized and I'm sure we could have a load of fun designing a colorful, cartoon world. But we'll save that for later.
Do you mind if I do Holodrum? Seasons was one of my favorite games.
Go for it :)

Use Scott!'s Labrynna post for inspiration if you'd like: awesome stuff right here.

EDIT: ZANEEBA! Glory be to thy Dead Hand! That's so awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Thank you. I'll start work tonight. I'll hope to have it done Wednesday, but no guarantees (sadly)
Hey don't sweat it man. Spend all the time you need on it. Check the OP for any updates on what needs to be done regarding Holodrum.

So far, we're going to need three dungeons, which means three bosses and mini-bosses, so keep them in mind. Also, like Scott's Labrynna, Holodrum must also be much, much larger than depicted in Oracle of Seasons.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Hey don't sweat it man. Spend all the time you need on it. Check the OP for any updates on what needs to be done regarding Holodrum.

So far, we're going to need three dungeons, which means three bosses and mini-bosses, so keep them in mind. Also, like Scott's Labrynna, Holodrum must also be much, much larger than depicted in Oracle of Seasons.
Right-o. Will do.

And I probably will have it done fairly soon anyway because I just have that little of a life.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Zaneeba, I'm not gonna lie; When I saw that model, the first thought that came to mind was, "Wow, this **** just got real."

I'm also looking forward to the finished product. :bee:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Zaneeba, that Dead Hand is just amazing. I actually happen to have a Dead Hand hi-res texture, ripped and edited from Ocarina of Time!

It looks ugly here, but if you place it on the model, it looks great. I've seen it plenty of times in Ocarina of Time.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the texture! However, I might texture it myself or have a friend texture it for me so that it could have it's own style. If I cant do it or my friend doesnt want to do it, then I will most certainly use the texture you gave me.

Oh, speaking of which, I have a bit more done with him:

I am in the process of working my way downwards to his body. I am giving him a very similar look as he did in OoT, because if I make him different somehow, he wont be creepy anymore. After the basic body is done then I will detail him a bit more, texture him, and then make his arms!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Zaneeba, may I propose to you now?

THAT IS BEYOND THE BEYOND! I seriously need to get that program so we can get 3D models out twice as fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom