• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
So we're gonna scam them into thinking a real game exists? If that's the case you'll need to settle on 2-D or 3-D. because I've been seeing both and it would confuse the customers and make it seem suspicious....

Spire

III
BRoomer
So we're gonna scam them into thinking a real game exists? If that's the case you'll need to settle on 2-D or 3-D. because I've been seeing both and it would confuse the customers and make it seem suspicious....
No, you fool. We'll make sure to say that it's a fan-project. Besides, no one in their right mind would believe that it's a real game.

Also, I'm about to do a major OP update :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
YES.

And no nobody's payin' attention to me anymore acknowledging my quest post.
Except for the fact that I added it to the OP so people may see it. Again, it's not confirmed, but it needs to be discussed.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Okay, must have been with the new update so I didn't see it. Scratch the Star Temple, though, the Celestial Rod can be incorporated into Phantom's Sky Dungeon. Which reminds me, I have an interesting idea. How about we incorporate a scheme into the Sky Dungeon. Night and day pass in this dungeon and there is not a room where you cannot see the sky, otherwise, why is it the Sky dungeon? Anyway, my idea is that since time passes, some puzzles and rooms can only be accessed during day, and some at night. Therefore, the Celestial Rod can be used to solve a secret Night puzzle giving you access to the secret smithery.

Darkurai

Smash Master
....cereally?
Cereally. I've begun the steps to start it.

What I need now is someone good at Wiki Coding. The Wiki has been started, but I'd rather not show it to the public until it's a bit further along, because frankly there's no coding at all right now. Please let me know (preferably through private messages) if you have any experience with the actual coding that goes along with Wikis. Proof of credentials would be helpful, but are not required. If I can't find anyone, then the Wiki will be open to the public, and hopefully it will get better from there.

Also note: I started the Wiki, but Spire III is still in charge. He has the power to overrule anything I say.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Phantom7: it was skipping for me, but that could be my idiot laptop. It seemed to be skipping too much for that, but then again, idiot laptop.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
@Phantom7: it was skipping for me, but that could be my idiot laptop. It seemed to be skipping too much for that, but then again, idiot laptop.
It skips on mine, too. Of course, my computer is also an idiot. I'll render it again and reupload it when I get the chance.

EDIT: Kakariko Village theme uploaded! I just finished remixing it, and no skipping on this one.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Sounds to me like the Spool Swamp Cave could very well be the fire dungeon. An inaccessible cave full of thieves? That just sounds awesome.

Spire III -- When you revamp the dungeons, the entry room with the dark green squares in the fire dungeon should be a hideout for the theives. Originally, that room was going to be a sanctuary for Gorons.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I really really really really want to hear these songs! But seriously... .ogg format? Wtf? I can't open that without starting up windows. Could you possibly render these as mp3s or at least wav?

edit: What are you people using to open this?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Phantom7, could you upload it onto a site (maybe YouTube?) that doesn't require any downloads?

If not, that's cool. Just wondering....

Spire

III
BRoomer
The music is great, but the scoring needs to come last. Music must reflect what it is partnered with. Otherwise, it'll feel entirely misplaced. Let's hold off on it for now.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Actually, I must say scoring is necessary to obtain the full feel of the setting. I don't think making tracks as we go along is a terrible thing. But then again, Spire's way seems more organized. I think music allows creativity to flow, though. Music is my sole source of inspiration. I could devise an entire plot from one soundtrack. Given the time....

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'd say that while some music can come whenever the musically inclined among us feel the inspiration, it shouldn't be a focus until we've got a much better foundation.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I would upload them to Youtube, but the reason I used Mediafire is simply because it takes forever to upload videos to Youtube...

I chose OGG because the file is smaller but has similar quality to WAV. I can't find the FL Studio 8 project file for the Sky/Underground dungeon, but I did find the one for Kakariko Village, so I uploaded the MP3 for that one. So here it is.

I'll probably upload both of them to Youtube, though.

Should we call the Sky/Underground dungeon Rolling Ridge Tower, or something more creative?

EDIT: Never mind. They're uploaded to Youtube:

Kakariko Village
Rolling Ridge Tower (Name is subject to change)

Scott!

Smash Lord
.ogg files are awesome because I can use them in the Knytt Stories level editor. As for the dungeon, I'd say to perhaps wait on a name to figure out how it fits into the plot, but keep that as a temporary name for now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Proposal: let's change Link's hair color. Hair recap:

- LoZ/AoL = brown
- ALttP/LA = strawberry blonde
- OoT/MM = blonde
- OoS/OoA = strawberry blonde
- WW/PH/ST = blonde
- TMC/FS/FSA = blonde
- TP = dirty blonde
- Zelda Wii = [dirty, maybe] blonde

Let's give him red hair. Maybe he has some Gerudo blood mixed in there ;) The style would remain the same, but his hair could be red. It'd be a nice contrast to his green clothing and would reflect how far into the future this Legend really takes place - in a time where just about anything is possible.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Phantom: After finally being able to listen to it, I can say that it's epic. :bee:

Spire: Believe it or not, I was thinking about Link's hair color also
(I SWEAR.)
. It's a really small detail, but red could definitely work. Just not too red, if you get what I mean...

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Proposal: let's change Link's hair color. Hair recap:

- LoZ/AoL = brown
- ALttP/LA = strawberry blonde
- OoT/MM = blonde
- OoS/OoA = strawberry blonde
- WW/PH/ST = blonde
- TMC/FS/FSA = blonde
- TP = dirty blonde
- Zelda Wii = [dirty, maybe] blonde

Let's give him red hair. Maybe he has some Gerudo blood mixed in there ;) The style would remain the same, but his hair could be red. It'd be a nice contrast to his green clothing and would reflect how far into the future this Legend really takes place - in a time where just about anything is possible.
ZOMG CHRISTMAS LINKY MAH BOI!!!!!1

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Yes, Spire. I love it. Why have none of us thought of such a simple, but yet wonderful idea?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire: Believe it or not, I was thinking about Link's hair color also
(I SWEAR.)
. It's a really small detail, but red could definitely work. Just not too red, if you get what I mean...
Glad to have your approval :)
Yes, Spire. I love it. Why have none of us thought of such a simple, but yet wonderful idea?
Well Clownbot was thinking of it, as stated above :lick:

But it's something that's been completely overlooked because Link's hair almost never changes. That's why none of us thought of it. The smallest details can have far larger impacts though than can such big things as the Triforce. Everyone talks about the big things, but it's those small, unwavering details that hardly every change in the series that get the most attention.

For instance: Goron rock nipples. Those draw A LOT of attention despite them being so small in importance.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well Clownbot was thinking of it, as stated above :lick:

But it's something that's been completely overlooked because Link's hair almost never changes. That's why none of us thought of it. The smallest details can have far larger impacts though than can such big things as the Triforce. Everyone talks about the big things, but it's those small, unwavering details that hardly every change in the series that get the most attention.

For instance: Goron rock nipples. Those draw A LOT of attention despite them being so small in importance.
I saw that after I had already posted. And if it's the small stuff that matters, then Link now wears bunny slippers, and not Kokiri Boots.

I'm serious, guys. We could very well see Link in his jammies at the beginning of the game.

And if it's the BIG stuff that matters, then Link also wields the Master Axe. There we go, an image of beauty: Link wearing bunny slippers, carrying a battle axe,
wearing Marth's Tiara, for good measure.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The only Link that should ever wear bunny slippers is the ALttP Link, and that's if it were remade in 3D. They'd be in there as a hint towards his bunny transformation later on in the game.

Master Axe is a crap idea, but I did come up with an idea recently for a pike-form of the Master Sword. But alas, maybe we should design a new weapon. The Master Sword has aged quite a bit (and too much in my opinion). Link must still wield a sword, for that is signature, but let's come up with some new designs.

Perhaps however, he could go through many swords throughout the game, til he finally acquires the Master Sword - the best of the all. It would then live up to its name.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I was joking... you didn't think I was serious, did you? But maybe... just maybe he could have an axe-like weapon, for slashing through rusted metal... or something.

Oh, I just realized, this story needs a girl.... a Princess of sorts. Have we even attempted to fit Zelda in here? I can't remember.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I was joking... you didn't think I was serious, did you? But maybe... just maybe he could have an axe-like weapon, for slashing through rusted metal... or something.

Oh, I just realized, this story needs a girl.... a Princess of sorts. Have we even attempted to fit Zelda in here? I can't remember.
Well you did say, "I'm serious guys..." but I tried to believe that you were joking. In case you were serious, I simply wanted to come up with a plausible means for your bunny-slipper fantasy to come true.

We've hardly spoken of the key characters including Link at all. Let's discuss Link, Zelda, and Ganon now (please can we make Ganon bald).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Bald Ganon?

...:urg:...

That's just my opinion, though.

If you ask me, this Ganon should out-match all other Ganons (even WW's!) by incorporating special elements from each one. Sort of like a chef's recipe to the perfect Ganon, if you will. ;)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Well, what ideas do we have already for them? They all need backstories. As I recall, Zelda was going to be something like a highly respected politician, Link was going to come out of nowhere, relatively speaking, and Ganon was bald. :D

Also, toon_marth says we need a girl. I don't know if it's what he meant, but it makes me think of a Link romance. Do we pair him with someone pretty obviously (Ilia in TP), or do we take a more subtle or openended route (Malon, and everyone wanting some in OoT)? And either way, do he go for Zelda? I for one never liked that as a pairing. It seems unwise for Triforce carriers to date. It's like dating your co-worker. You might really want it before it happens, but when it does, there's a conflict of interest, and when things go awry, people have trouble doing their jobs.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I think that first and foremost we need to discuss why Ganon is alive. In both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, he is definitively killed. Not sealed; killed.

I suppose one could say that someone used some new technology, but when you're in an economic and geological crisis, I doubt reviving the ancient evil that terrorized the country in the past would be a very popular option.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Well, what ideas do we have already for them? They all need backstories. As I recall, Zelda was going to be something like a highly respected politician, Link was going to come out of nowhere, relatively speaking, and Ganon was bald. :D

Also, toon_marth says we need a girl. I don't know if it's what he meant, but it makes me think of a Link romance. Do we pair him with someone pretty obviously (Ilia in TP), or do we take a more subtle or openended route (Malon, and everyone wanting some in OoT)? And either way, do he go for Zelda? I for one never liked that as a pairing. It seems unwise for Triforce carriers to date. It's like dating your co-worker. You might really want it before it happens, but when it does, there's a conflict of interest, and when things go awry, people have trouble doing their jobs.
Subtle. Subtle is always the best approach to these themes. And no, not Zelda, I think we should come up with a new girl(s).

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I think that first and foremost we need to discuss why Ganon is alive. In both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, he is definitively killed. Not sealed; killed.

I suppose one could say that someone used some new technology, but when you're in an economic and geological crisis, I doubt reviving the ancient evil that terrorized the country in the past would be a very popular option.
Parallel events must be parallel. In other words, Ganon should be revived how he has always been revived -- a new male Gerudo is born and receives the Triforce of Power. It's quite simple.

The kingdom of Hyrule never asked for the revitalization of evil. As long as the Triforce of Power exists alone, evil is bound to reappear.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Parallel events must be parallel. In other words, Ganon should be revived how he has always been revived -- a new male Gerudo is born and receives the Triforce of Power. It's quite simple.

The kingdom of Hyrule never asked for the revitalization of evil. As long as the Triforce of Power exists alone, evil is bound to reappear.
Perhaps one with good intentions, but quite ignorant, attempts to destroy the Triforce of Power, but himself becomes corrupted, rivaling in power with Ganondorf.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Ganondorf has never been revived that way. He has been born that way exactly once.

And besides, Ganondorf has been the same person in every single game. Are we ready to depart from that?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ganondorf has never been revived that way. He has been born that way exactly once.

And besides, Ganondorf has been the same person in every single game. Are we ready to depart from that?
Yes we are. This Ganondorf is the first reincarnation, with new motives, a new build, new personality, and perhaps even a new name. He'll be Ganondorf at heart, but mentally and physically, he may be quite different.

Mewter

Smash Master
Yes we are. This Ganondorf is the first reincarnation, with new motives, a new build, new personality, and perhaps even a new name. He'll be Ganondorf at heart, but mentally and physically, he may be quite different.
Where the old Ganondorf is like a strategic warlord, this one is more cunning and quick to move (along with more indirectly causing chaos)?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Bald Ganon seems cool, but what he needs is an afro. Also, if this the first reincarnation, will there be mentioning of others? Perhaps this can be apart of Ganon's plans.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Where the old Ganondorf is like a strategic warlord, this one is more cunning and quick to move (along with more indirectly causing chaos)?
My vision exactly. Look at our world as an example. What may be a sharp, cunning, yet deceiving politician today might have been a brutish, yet brilliant warlord, decked in armor, ready to attack any and everyone at some point in time centuries and centuries ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom